PDA

View Full Version : Someone missed Science Class: Energy Chair Joe Barton (R-TX)

Cigar
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
“There’s a reason that you build things called greenhouses, and that’s to help things grow,”

http://lynnrockets.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/barton_ap_522_regular1.jpg

Speaking directly after Browner was Texas GOP Representative Joe Barton. Barton is the chairman emeritus of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and sits on the Environment and the Economy subcommittee. However, while collecting $1.7 million from Big Oil over the years, he has displayed alarming ignorance on climate reality.

Barton claimed that carbon dioxide is not only irrelevant to the Clean Air Act, but that it’s not dangerous at all because it’s 'a necessity for life.' To illustrate his example, he noted that he was exhaling carbon dioxide as he spoke, and actually argued that people should build greenhouses because they create life, so greenhouse gases are good."

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/12/06/1292171/carol-browner-stunning-climate-denial-in-the-house-prevents-any-action-on-climate-in-washington/

You just can't make this shit up. :smiley_ROFLMAO: I swear to God, all you need to do is put a microphone in front of a Right Wing Nut and something stupid comes out of their mouth each and every time!

Kabuki Joe
12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
“There’s a reason that you build things called greenhouses, and that’s to help things grow,”

http://lynnrockets.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/barton_ap_522_regular1.jpg

Speaking directly after Browner was Texas GOP Representative Joe Barton. Barton is the chairman emeritus of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and sits on the Environment and the Economy subcommittee. However, while collecting $1.7 million from Big Oil over the years, he has displayed alarming ignorance on climate reality.

Barton claimed that carbon dioxide is not only irrelevant to the Clean Air Act, but that it’s not dangerous at all because it’s 'a necessity for life.' To illustrate his example, he noted that he was exhaling carbon dioxide as he spoke, and actually argued that people should build greenhouses because they create life, so greenhouse gases are good."

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/12/06/1292171/carol-browner-stunning-climate-denial-in-the-house-prevents-any-action-on-climate-in-washington/

You just can't make this shit up. :smiley_ROFLMAO: I swear to God, all you need to do is put a microphone in front of a Right Wing Nut and something stupid comes out of their mouth each and every time!

...cigar, please don't ever question anyone's education or intelligence because you are so stupid I just can't put you on ignore, I'd miss way too much entertainment...

Kabuki Joe

Cigar
12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
...cigar, please don't ever question anyone's education or intelligence because you are so stupid I just can't put you on ignore, I'd miss way too much entertainment...

Kabuki Joe

Let me guess ... you think the same about Greenhouse Gases :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Taxcutter
12-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Troll thread! AGW is bunk.

Kabuki Joe
12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Let me guess ... you think the same about Greenhouse Gases :smiley_ROFLMAO:

...cigar, you are the village idiot I enjoy reading about every single day, so keep it up and please don't try to defend your opinions!...just do it!!!!!...

Kabuki Joe

Cigar
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
...cigar, you are the village idiot I enjoy reading about every single day, so keep it up and please don't try to defend your opinions!...just do it!!!!!...

Kabuki Joe

I got 4 More Years ... sport, how much can you take? :)

Mister D
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Are you going to die in 2016? :sad:

Cigar
12-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Are you going to die in 2016? :sad:

Maybe retire ... :)

Kabuki Joe
12-06-2012, 03:59 PM

...I haven't put you on ignore yet, so I have plenty of time to watch you say stupid things for the next 12 years!...

Kabuki Joe

Mainecoons
12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Uh, dummy, CO2 is necessary for plant life. Dooh! And greenhouses give off gases, namely O2.

Having said that, Barton has been in office too long. Along with a big bunch of the rest of them. It would be a huge improvement to get rid of every one there whose been in office more than 12 years IMO.

I think Cigar grows MJ in his greenhouse. :rofl:

Mister D
12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Uh, dummy, CO2 is necessary for plant life. Dooh! And greenhouses give off gases, namely O2.

Having said that, Barton has been in office too long. Along with a big bunch of the rest of them. It would be a huge improvement to get rid of every one there whose been in office more than 12 years IMO.

I think Cigar grows MJ in his greenhouse. :rofl:

I got a chuckle out of that too. :grin:

GrassrootsConservative
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Maybe retire ... :)

I don't think you can retire off food stamps.