PDA

View Full Version : Investigators Tried To Illegally Buy Guns Online.

hanger4
01-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Federal investigators late last year attempted to illegally purchase firearms online after congressional members asked them to assess how well the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives was doing with the enforcement of existing laws.The findings were stunning.Investigators with the United States Government Accountability Office (GAO) were dispatched to see whether private online sellers were engaging in selling firearms to people who are prohibited from owning firearms. The investigators attempted dozens of times to illegally purchase firearms from online sellers on the "surface web" (i.e. not the dark web), but were completely unsuccessful -- going 0 for 72. ............. https://www.dailywire.com/news/25472/narrative-fail-investigators-tried-illegally-buy-ryan-saavedra ............ Interesting.

Common
01-06-2018, 12:53 PM
All legtimate gun sellers follow the letter of the law, you would have to be a moron to try to sell guns illegally online the entire world is watching.

Peter1469
01-06-2018, 12:54 PM
People with an FFL are not likely to jeopardize it.

stjames1_53
01-06-2018, 02:16 PM
I've always done a simple transfer of ownership which included name and DL for my own records and both of us two copies... No price, not other info.
IF they don wanna to do dat ah don deal wiff 'em......pffffffffft

NapRover
01-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Great example of us not enforcing laws already on the books.

My mother-in-law passed a few years ago and we found a 1905 Colt .32 in the basement. Cleaned it up and it's as good as new. I don't think I should have to go register it.

Mister D
01-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Federal investigators late last year attempted to illegally purchase firearms online after congressional members asked them to assess how well the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives was doing with the enforcement of existing laws.The findings were stunning.Investigators with the United States Government Accountability Office (GAO) were dispatched to see whether private online sellers were engaging in selling firearms to people who are prohibited from owning firearms. The investigators attempted dozens of times to illegally purchase firearms from online sellers on the "surface web" (i.e. not the dark web), but were completely unsuccessful -- going 0 for 72. ............. https://www.dailywire.com/news/25472/narrative-fail-investigators-tried-illegally-buy-ryan-saavedra ............ Interesting.
This is surprising only to ignorant progressives.

Mister D
01-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Mind you, there is a huge illegal market for firearms but that's more of a car trunk, face to face type thing.