PDA

View Full Version : Trump administration bars oil drilling off Florida

Common
01-10-2018, 06:35 AM
President Donald Trump’s administration will not allow drilling for oil and gas off the coast of Florida after urging from the state’s governor, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s administration will not allow drilling for oil and gas off the coast of Florida after urging from the state’s governor, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said on Tuesday.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke steps from Air Force One as U.S. President Donald Trump arrives in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S., December 4, 2017. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

“I support the governor’s position that Florida is unique and its coasts are heavily reliant on tourism as an economic driver,” Zinke said in a statement. “As a result of discussion with Governor (Rick) Scott and his leadership, I am removing Florida from consideration for any new oil and gas platforms.”
The Trump administration last week proposed opening nearly all U.S. offshore waters to oil and gas drilling, a move aimed at boosting domestic energy production and which sparked protests from coastal states, environmentalists and the tourism industry

The administration’s decision on Tuesday removes from consideration a portion of the eastern Gulf of Mexico, an area that oil drillers have said they are interested in exploring – but not all of it.
Florida state waters extend 3 nautical miles from the shore on the Atlantic, and 9 nautical miles on the Gulf side, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Scott last week announced his opposition to the drilling plan and said he had asked to meet with Zinke.
Zinke’s decision to exempt Florida from offshore drilling leaves the door open for other governors opposed to offshore oil and gas development to seek a similar prohibition for their states.
Oceana, an environmental lobby group, said it was pleased that Zinke had removed Florida from areas open to drilling.
“Such a quick reversal begs the question: Will the Trump administration give equal consideration to all the other coastal Governors from both parties who overwhelmingly reject this radical offshore drilling plan?” Oceana campaign director Diane Hoskins said in a statement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-drilling-florida/trump-administration-bars-oil-drilling-off-florida-after-governors-plea-idUSKBN1EZ001

Green Arrow
01-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Good, now they need to do the same for drilling in ANWR and off the California coast.

midcan5
01-10-2018, 08:43 AM
LOL Mar-a-Lago must be protected, where else will the doofus spend his presidency eating MacDonald's and Kentucky Fried while hitting a little white ball.

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7799004-merchants-of-doubt

"The family's $100 billion fortune comes mostly from a massive network of oil and gas pipelines, and investments in other polluting industries like paper and plastics. The brothers inherited the seed money for their holdings from their father Fred Koch, who made his first fortune building oil pipelines for the Russian dictator Joseph Stalin in the 1930s. Back in the states, Fred Koch supported racial segregation and white supremacist groups like the John Birch Society."

http://www.alternet.org/election-2014/11-things-koch-brothers-dont-want-you-know-robert-greenwalds-newly-updated-documentary

environmental-pollution-kills-one-point-seven-million-children-under-five-every-year

http://www.voanews.com/a/environmental-pollution-kills-one-point-seven-million-children-under-five-every-year/3751075.html

Crepitus
01-10-2018, 08:57 AM
President Donald Trump’s administration will not allow drilling for oil and gas off the coast of Florida after urging from the state’s governor, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said on Tuesday.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s administration will not allow drilling for oil and gas off the coast of Florida after urging from the state’s governor, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said on Tuesday.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke steps from Air Force One as U.S. President Donald Trump arrives in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S., December 4, 2017. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

“I support the governor’s position that Florida is unique and its coasts are heavily reliant on tourism as an economic driver,” Zinke said in a statement. “As a result of discussion with Governor (Rick) Scott and his leadership, I am removing Florida from consideration for any new oil and gas platforms.”
The Trump administration last week proposed opening nearly all U.S. offshore waters to oil and gas drilling, a move aimed at boosting domestic energy production and which sparked protests from coastal states, environmentalists and the tourism industry

The administration’s decision on Tuesday removes from consideration a portion of the eastern Gulf of Mexico, an area that oil drillers have said they are interested in exploring – but not all of it.
Florida state waters extend 3 nautical miles from the shore on the Atlantic, and 9 nautical miles on the Gulf side, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Scott last week announced his opposition to the drilling plan and said he had asked to meet with Zinke.
Zinke’s decision to exempt Florida from offshore drilling leaves the door open for other governors opposed to offshore oil and gas development to seek a similar prohibition for their states.
Oceana, an environmental lobby group, said it was pleased that Zinke had removed Florida from areas open to drilling.
“Such a quick reversal begs the question: Will the Trump administration give equal consideration to all the other coastal Governors from both parties who overwhelmingly reject this radical offshore drilling plan?” Oceana campaign director Diane Hoskins said in a statement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-drilling-florida/trump-administration-bars-oil-drilling-off-florida-after-governors-plea-idUSKBN1EZ001

Plus trump owns coastal property there.

nathanbforrest45
01-10-2018, 09:06 AM
Plus trump owns coastal property there.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Even when he does something you like you are obligated to question his motives.

Perhaps the insane ones are not in the White House.

zelmo1234
01-10-2018, 09:10 AM
There is NO environmental reason not to drill in ANWAR,

And while I think that some off shore areas should be shut down, It is far safer to drill Shallow Water Wells that Deep Water wells.

zelmo1234
01-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Is see we have some Trump Derangement Syndrome showing its head this morning.

I have to say that during the election, I was not a big fan of now President Trump.

But the more people go crazy every time he does anything? I am beginning to warm up to him.

Common
01-10-2018, 09:23 AM
LOL Mar-a-Lago must be protected, where else will the doofus spend his presidency eating MacDonald's and Kentucky Fried while hitting a little white ball.

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway

"The family's $100 billion fortune comes mostly from a massive network of oil and gas pipelines, and investments in other polluting industries like paper and plastics. The brothers inherited the seed money for their holdings from their father Fred Koch, who made his first fortune building oil pipelines for the Russian dictator Joseph Stalin in the 1930s. Back in the states, Fred Koch supported racial segregation and white supremacist groups like the John Birch Society."

http://www.alternet.org/election-2014/11-things-koch-brothers-dont-want-you-know-robert-greenwalds-newly-updated-documentary

environmental-pollution-kills-one-point-seven-million-children-under-five-every-year

http://www.voanews.com/a/environmental-pollution-kills-one-point-seven-million-children-under-five-every-year/3751075.html

First of all Mar-a-largo is on the east coast of fla they do not drill there, any drilling is on the west coast.
As usual your facts are incorrect

Common
01-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Good, now they need to do the same for drilling in ANWR and off the California coast.
I doubt that will happen, especially the coast of Ca

Crepitus
01-10-2018, 09:30 AM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Even when he does something you like you are obligated to question his motives.

Perhaps the insane ones are not in the White House.
Then again perhaps they are.

nathanbforrest45
01-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Then again perhaps they are.

You do know that Mar a Lago is in Palm Beach don't you?
And unless one of the recent hurricanes that hit Florida has moved Palm Beach it is on the Atlantic Ocean, not the Gulf of Mexico. The wells are sunk in the Gulf of Mexico, not the Atlantic.

Oh well, I understand geography was never one of your top subjects.

Crepitus
01-10-2018, 09:52 AM
You do know that Mar a Lago is in Palm Beach don't you?
And unless one of the recent hurricanes that hit Florida has moved Palm Beach it is on the Atlantic Ocean, not the Gulf of Mexico. The wells are sunk in the Gulf of Mexico, not the Atlantic.

Oh well, I understand geography was never one of your top subjects.

You know that, and I know that...... does DJ trump?

Hoosier8
01-10-2018, 10:22 AM

Wasn't it nice for Obama to protect Mar-a-Lago all these years?

nathanbforrest45
01-10-2018, 10:32 AM
You know that, and I know that...... does DJ trump?

What a totally inane comment. Now you sound like a fifth grader on the playground.

And frankly, based on your comment I am not sure you were aware of that.

nathanbforrest45
01-10-2018, 10:37 AM
The John Birch Society was never a white supremacist group. The John Birch Society is an anti Communist, pro Constitution group

Not only don't you guys know which side of the State Palm Beach is on you don't know who a 60 year old political group is.

https://www.jbs.org/

Ethereal
01-10-2018, 10:43 AM
I guess if that's what the state wants, then who am I tell them otherwise?

Mini Me
01-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Is see we have some Trump Derangement Syndrome showing its head this morning.

I have to say that during the election, I was not a big fan of now President Trump.

But the more people go crazy every time he does anything? I am beginning to warm up to him.

You have a lot in common with him, being a real estate hustler!

How's your slum housing project coming?

Crepitus
01-10-2018, 03:12 PM
What a totally inane comment. Now you sound like a fifth grader on the playground.

And frankly, based on your comment I am not sure you were aware of that.

Sure sure.

Does trump know or not?