PDA

View Full Version : South Korean president credits Trump with bringing North Korea to the table

Grokmaster
01-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Gee, it looks like confronting Little Rocket Man directly, and then boldly calling his "nuclear bluff", is much more effective than grabbing our ankles, groveling before him, and giving him billions.

Gosh...who knew?

South Korean president credits Trump with bringing North Korea to the table

SEOUL — South Korean President Moon Jae-in must keep up a delicate balancing act between two unpredictable leaders: the one with nukes in the North, and the one in Washington who leads his country’s closest ally.
But Moon — newer in office even than President Trump — appears to be managing that feat. This week, he has ushered in the first positive news related to North Korea in years, responding to an overture from Kim Jong Un and, on Wednesday, very diplomatically giving much of the credit to Trump.

“I give President Trump huge credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks, and I’d like to thank him for that,” Moon said at a news conference in Seoul.

Moon’s remark came in response to a question about Trump’s Saturday tweet (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948879774277128197) that the talks were taking place because he was “firm, strong and willing to commit our total ‘might’ against the North.”

Trump has been calling for “maximum pressure” on North Korea and has sometimes suggested that military action might be needed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/south-korean-president-credits-trump-with-bringing-north-korea-to-the-table/2018/01/10/ae0ee266-f606-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.3171981e6d5a

Leftists...STUDY THIS, PLEASE....

SUCCESSFUL FOREIGN POLICY w/DESPOTS :

FAILED FOREIGN POLICY...WITH ANY ENEMY:

Peter1469
01-11-2018, 06:12 AM
North Korea has reneged on past deals. Let's see what happens now.

Grokmaster
01-11-2018, 08:37 AM
North Korea has reneged on past deals. Let's see what happens now.

I don't think that they are going to renege on sending a team to the Olympics.

They reopened communication with the South , after closing it in the midst of the last Obama Appeasement...thanks, in no small part, to Pres.Trump.

As far as any significant progress on stopping their nuclear ambitions?

Yeah, I'm with you; I'll believe it when I see it.