PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Gets It

Mainecoons
12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/12/06/sen_rand_paul_we_should_let_dems_raise_taxes_and_t hen_let_them_own_it.html

SEN. RAND PAUL: I have yet another thought on how we can fix this. Why don't we let the Democrats pass whatever they want? If they are the party of higher taxes, all the Republicans vote present and let the Democrats raise taxes as high as they want to raise them, let Democrats in the Senate raise taxes, let the president sign it and then make them own the tax increase. And when the economy stalls, when the economy sputters, when people lose their jobs, they know which party to blame, the party of high taxes. Let's don't be the party of just almost as high taxes.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. If you want to destroy the left, let them have their way. It is the shock therapy the country needs.

Peter1469
12-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Very true. I posted the video of Rand Paul suggesting that the GOP just vote present and let the dems pass their tax and spend plan. It is the only way to have a chance of avoiding the blame for whatever happens; with the MSM in the DNC pocket, even this might be tough.

Rockefeller Republican
01-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I agree with you. Allthough I really want use to adopt a simple flat tax system. It would solve so much problems.

Peter1469
01-15-2013, 08:27 PM
I agree with you. Allthough I really want use to adopt a simple flat tax system. It would solve so much problems.

A flat tax is OK. The Fair Tax (dot org) is better.

Chris
01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I'd prefer they remain the party of no. At least then they'd stand for something.

A flat or Fair tax would be an improvement.