PDA

View Full Version : Gallup: 61% of Republicans Satisfied With Direction of US

Common
01-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Republican satisfaction with the direction of the U.S. higher than it has been in more than a decade, clocking in at 61 percent in a new Gallup poll

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/gallup-gop-satisfaction-highest/2018/01/15/id/837192/

Crepitus
01-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Wow, republicans are easy to please.

Common
01-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Brilliant Response Crep one of your better ones :)

Crepitus
01-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Brilliant Response Crep one of your better ones :)

Gallup website doesn't seem to bare that out.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx?g_source=link_newsv9&g_campaign=item_201617&g_medium=copy

I suppose it is possible more republicans are happier with him now that he finally passed that tax thing. It won't last.

Mister D
01-15-2018, 08:24 PM
Nah, what happened was that Russian commandos broke into homes and answered the phone. What's most disturbing is that they obviously knew exactly who would be polled. How deep does this run?

Peter1469
01-15-2018, 08:27 PM

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx?g_source=link_newsv9&g_campaign=item_201617&g_medium=copy

I suppose it is possible more republicans are happier with him now that he finally passed that tax thing. It won't last.

When people see more in their pay check they will like it.

Crepitus
01-15-2018, 08:30 PM

Remains to be seen how many actually will see that.

Grokmaster
01-15-2018, 08:32 PM

Yeah; ISIS caliphate crushed; everyone's retirement plans exploding; economy booming; wages going up; Americans seeing more of their own money in their own pockets; the President actively working to stop illegal immigration; North Korea talking to South Korea on the heels of Pres.Trump calling Little Rocket Man's nuclear bluff; stock market in the stratosphere; American manufacturing on a steep rise, and auto manufacturers (etal) start moving jobs back to the US...etc.

What's NOT to be happy about? The word "shit hole", used to describe "shit hole" countries that the left squalls we CANNOT SEND PEOPLE BACK TO THOSE "HELL HOLES", but then LOSE THEIR MINDS when the POTUS says we should LIMIT IMMIGRATION FROM THEM?

That's the Big Story? In a pig's eye...

Peter1469
01-15-2018, 09:02 PM

It does. Their increase will be based on what they have been paying before. And the standard deduction will double, so that will help them as well.

Mini Me
01-16-2018, 07:54 AM

This new tax reform bill is a Faustian Bargain! Wait until the deficit EXPLODES! Which will hit right around the time of the next Democratic regime comes!

Its one of those "instant gratification" deals that Rethugs always fall for!

Kacper
01-16-2018, 09:16 AM
This new tax reform bill is a Faustian Bargain! Wait until the deficit EXPLODES! Which will hit right around the time of the next Democratic regime comes!

Deficits don't matter. Isn't like we ever pay our bills off. Debt monetization is magical like that.

Captdon
01-16-2018, 10:30 AM

Yea. Stock market raising the values of retirement plans, plenty of jobs available, taxes being cut, ending liberalism.Yea, they and the trump voters are easy to please.

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 10:34 AM
What exactly would you change that is happening today? And what do you think the consequences of those changes would be?

Or what policies that Trump has either passed or done away with do you think are going to have a negative effect and why?

I know that it looks like the new Tax structure will allow my company to make expansions and we are grateful for that.

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 10:37 AM

Historically the tax cuts of Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and Bush 2 caused revenue to the government to explode in years 2 and beyond?

Why do you think it will be different this time?

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Deficits don't matter. Isn't like we ever pay our bills off. Debt monetization is magical like that.
I hope that most people understand that insolvency would make the great depression look like a birthday party on a sunny day in June.

Bo-4
01-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Wouldn't bark about this poll TOO loudly

One in four Republicans say they are "very satisfied" with the nation’s course, and 36 percent say they are "somewhat satisfied." Twenty-three percent describe themselves as "somewhat dissatisfied," while 15 percent still say they are "very dissatisfied."

Tahuyaman
01-16-2018, 10:55 AM
Historically the tax cuts of Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and Bush 2 caused revenue to the government to explode in years 2 and beyond?

Why do you think it will be different this time?

The problem is that when revenues increase the congress raises spending greater than the revenue increase.

Grokmaster
01-16-2018, 11:02 AM
The problem is that when revenues increase the congress raises spending greater than the revenue increase.
Exactly. SPENDING CUTS have to be part of this...

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 11:06 AM

That is a spending issue, not a revenue issue. And I agree. The only thing that I fear will put an end to this is insolvency and the living nightmare that will follow.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Exactly. SPENDING CUTS have to be part of this...

We don't need to cut spending, just limit the increases to the rate of inflation.

Kacper
01-16-2018, 11:09 AM
I hope that most people understand that insolvency would make the great depression look like a birthday party on a sunny day in June.

and yet Wall Street opposes trades being taxed to help pay off that debt, so apparently they only care to the extent that somebody else should pay the bills

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 11:13 AM
We don't need to cut spending, just limit the increases to the rate of inflation.

The size and scope of the Federal Government is a drain on the economy. we need to cuts spending 1% for the next 15 years.

Cannons Front
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM

Or maybe it is because you posted a link to a poll that is not what the OP is about , your post is about Trump Job Approval, OP is about 61 Percent of Republicans Satisfied With Direction of US.

They are not the same thing and can be a greatly different levels

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 11:16 AM
and yet Wall Street opposes trades being taxed to help pay off that debt, so apparently they only care to the extent that somebody else should pay the bills

That would be a huge tax on the retirement accounts of the middle class, it would wipe out nearly all of the gains and managed accounts are trading all of the time.

But I can see why the left would want this. It is the same reason they refuse to support SS investment into the markets. As people break the chains of poverty and government dependency, they tend to see that the Liberals and Democrats did not have their best interest at heart.

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Or maybe it is because you posted a link to a poll that is not what the OP is about , your post is about Trump Job Approval, OP is about 61 Percent of Republicans Satisfied With Direction of US.

This is very true, yet the electorate rarely changes a president if they like the direction the country is going.

It is one of the factors that lead to Hillarys loss. the country did not like the direction of the country.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2018, 11:19 AM
The size and scope of the Federal Government is a drain on the economy. we need to cuts spending 1% for the next 15 years.

It would be great to eliminate wasteful and redundant programs, but limiting spending increases to the rate of inflation would work. Liberals would portray that as "draconian cuts" in spending.

Tahuyaman
01-16-2018, 11:20 AM

You are correct. However some people can't support their ideas in an honest manner.

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 11:44 AM
It would be great to eliminate wasteful and redundant programs, but limiting spending increases to the rate of inflation would work. Liberals would portray that as "draconian cuts" in spending.
I don't think that revenue will rise fast enough to head off insolvency if we do not cut spending, I could be wrong.

but we need some hundred billion dollar surplus years to turn the tide.

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 11:48 AM

The Debt doubled under Barack Hussein O's corrupt leadership. Have you just now become aware of the deficit (and the debt)?

Do you believe, as all authoritarian statists believe, that the government "owns" all of the wealth created by the people?

I take your argument as a good faith demand that we begin to massively reduce the scope, reach, and expense of the welfare state.

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 11:54 AM
Wouldn't bark about this poll TOO loudly
One in four Republicans say they are "very satisfied" with the nation’s course, and 36 percent say they are "somewhat satisfied." Twenty-three percent describe themselves as "somewhat dissatisfied," while 15 percent still say they are "very dissatisfied."
It is a snapshot. Let's evaluate the trend in six months. I predict satisfaction will increase when the wall is fully funded, chain migration has ended and the visa lottery program has been replaced with a merit-based immigration system.

It would help if we smashed Google and Facebook into twenty or thirty smaller competing companies.

Bo-4
01-16-2018, 12:03 PM
It is a snapshot. Let's evaluate the trend in six months. I predict satisfaction will increase when the wall is fully funded, chain migration has ended and the visa lottery program has been replaced with a merit-based immigration system.

It would help if we smashed Google and Facebook into twenty or thirty smaller competing companies.

Yes lets evaluate year one

http://www.latimes.com/sns-bc-us--trump-one-year-polls-20180116-story.html
http://news.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx

Additionally there will be no full funding of wall, and we know what Trump and his creepy little pal Stephen Miller mean by "merit-based" ...

People from white countries like Norway ;-)

Grokmaster
01-16-2018, 12:04 PM

Additionally there will be no full funding of wall, and we know what Trump and his creepy little pal Stephen Miller mean by "merit-based" ...

People with MERIT, regardless of SKIN COLOR, or origin which only the left obsesses over.

Illegal-o-crat party doing exactly what turned LEGAL working class voters against them in the first place. Please, by all means, DEMAND that they keep it up, LOUDLY, EVERY DAY, until the midterms...pleeeeeeeease.....

Tahuyaman
01-16-2018, 12:07 PM
I don't think that revenue will rise fast enough to head off insolvency if we do not cut spending, I could be wrong.

but we need some hundred billion dollar surplus years to turn the tide.
Well, we are going to disagree here. The way to turn the tide is to ensure revenues increase at a greater rate than the spending increases. Limiting spending increases to the inflation rate will accomplish that.

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Remind me again about how well you predict.

We already know the Killer of Chappaquiddick, Ted Kennedy lied about changing the racial makeup and culture of the United States. We already know the Democratic Party relies upon a steadily replenished permanent underclass for votes.

We know that about half of all immigrants end up on welfare.

A merit-based system will allow immigrants based on our needs instead of Democratic Party needs.

Captdon
01-16-2018, 12:10 PM

Why should they be the ones to pay off the debt? They aren't anymore responsible than anyone else. When I trade, I should be the one to pay?

Kacper
01-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Why should they be the ones to pay off the debt? They aren't anymore responsible than anyone else. When I trade, I should be the one to pay?

When anybody trades they should pay a transaction fee to Uncle Sammy's Piggy Bank if we are insistent that debt matters seeing as how so much of current public policy is Wall-Street oriented.

Bo-4
01-16-2018, 12:52 PM

We already know the Killer of Chappaquiddick, Ted Kennedy lied about changing the racial makeup and culture of the United States. We already know the Democratic Party relies upon a steadily replenished permanent underclass for votes.

A merit-based system will allow immigrants based on our needs instead of Democratic Party needs.

Oooops

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-global-african-immigrants-explainer-20180112-story.html

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 01:31 PM

Just curious on how you know that Merit means white? Do you know him personally?

What is the worst statement that trump has made that shows that he is against anyone coming into the country legally? Is it not allow Muslims in from the 7 countries that are at war with us? Is it not wanting Illegals to cross the boarder?

What is the racist statement that is the smoking gun?

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 01:34 PM
When anybody trades they should pay a transaction fee to Uncle Sammy's Piggy Bank if we are insistent that debt matters seeing as how so much of current public policy is Wall-Street oriented.
What about the hundreds of trades that happen everyday in retirement accounts.

Are you going to put that on people that are on a fixed income?

And if I am going to pay a fee every time I trade in the USA exchanges?? Why in the world would I not invest in the other markets of the world?

Bo-4
01-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Just curious on how you know that Merit means white? Do you know him personally?

What is the worst statement that trump has made that shows that he is against anyone coming into the country legally? Is it not allow Muslims in from the 7 countries that are at war with us? Is it not wanting Illegals to cross the boarder?

What is the racist statement that is the smoking gun?

Well, THESE were pretty good ones:

"Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out."

And "more from Norway"? LoL

But this crap has been going on for two years now and running - starting with these:

-- "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people," Trump said in his announcement speech (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/16/full-text-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/). June 2015.

-- "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

zelmo1234
01-16-2018, 02:04 PM
Well, THESE were pretty good ones:
"Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out."
And "more from Norway"? LoL
But this crap has been going on for two years now and running - starting with these:
-- "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ... They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people," Trump said in his announcement speech (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/16/full-text-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/). June 2015.
-- "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

OK Now here is the question?

Why do we need more Immigration from Haiti? what need are they filling, now I am not talking about those coming for education?

Most of the people that come from Scandinavian countries are highly educated, and guess what they do have POC that live there too. Would it not be better to bring in the highly educated people? Not to mention that for the most part they speak the language

Is it or is it not true that a fair amount of illegals have some criminal record, do that or do they not have their children attend out schools and many do apply for assistance in states where it is allowed.

So how is this racist, he is not judging people by the color of their skin, but by the value they provide.

As for the Muslims, that as you know was about a vetting issue. not about there religion or the color of their skin.

Now I understand that to the left this is a terrible story. the Educated in these countries tends to be very conservative and that is not what the left wants let in this country.

Kacper
01-16-2018, 02:43 PM
What about the hundreds of trades that happen everyday in retirement accounts.

Are you going to put that on people that are on a fixed income?

And if I am going to pay a fee every time I trade in the USA exchanges?? Why in the world would I not invest in the other markets of the world?

Yes and compared to borkerage fees, a federal trade tax would be nominal consideration

Cannons Front
01-16-2018, 03:12 PM
all of that is great........ whatever......................... but none of that has anything to do with the subject of this thread...........

This is not about immigration or any other issue it is about that 61% of republicans think this country is moving in the right direction

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Oooops
http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-global-african-immigrants-explainer-20180112-story.html
We have imported about 50 million people under the Killer of Chappaquiddick's law. Two million or so are from Africa.

About one-half of all those immigrants ended up on welfare.

Hardly an oops.

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 03:16 PM
The Democratic Party liars failed to complete the phrase as President Trump did...."like people from Norway and Asia."

Why must Democrats lie? Do you believe it helps you somehow?

leekohler2
01-16-2018, 04:07 PM

I was just thinking the same, but its true. Cut taxes and f*** minorities and you've pretty much pleased the GOP.

leekohler2
01-16-2018, 04:08 PM

You yourself pointed out that this tax plan rollout is going to be a mess.

Bob the Slob
01-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Republican satisfaction with the direction of the U.S. higher than it has been in more than a decade, clocking in at 61 percent in a new Gallup poll

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/gallup-gop-satisfaction-highest/2018/01/15/id/837192/

Newsmax...roflmao.

Given that only 30% of Americans approve of trump,, and he only has 61% of those who approve of him, I'd say Trumper is down to about what, 13% supporters in the US?

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 04:10 PM
I was just thinking the same, but its true. Cut taxes and f*** minorities and you've pretty much pleased the GOP.
Blacks today have the lowest unemployment rate in seventeen years.
Hispanics today have the lowest unemployment rate ever since records were kept.

I look forward to your eventual destruction as a radical Progressive.

Bob the Slob
01-16-2018, 04:11 PM
The Democratic Party liars failed to complete the phrase as President Trump did....like people from Norway and Asia.

That's a blatant lie. Why is lying so easy for you right wingers?

Bob the Slob
01-16-2018, 04:12 PM

I look forward to your eventual destruction as a radical Progressive.

Your link?

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 04:12 PM
If you should post something worth comment on I promise to respond. Until then, slobber on.

Bob the Slob
01-16-2018, 04:13 PM
If you should post something worth comment on I promise to respond. Until then, slobber on.
Lies are lies. That's all you've ever had.

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 04:13 PM

Your link?
It has been on the news the last several days. Do your own homework.

leekohler2
01-17-2018, 03:44 PM

Because the truth is rarely on their side.

gamewell45
01-17-2018, 04:00 PM

Yes, I'm waiting with relish.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 04:04 PM

Actually it is true that the black unemployment rate is at its lowest point in decades. It's just that the left is trying to figure out ways to make sure credit is not given to our recent economic revival and the policies which made that happen.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Because the truth is rarely on their side.

The claim is in fact true.

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 04:56 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=black+unemployment+lowest+since+records+kept

Der....umm...duh..still working hard on being wrong about everything, we see....

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Why do so many people, generally on the left, want to deny truths which are easily verified?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 05:24 PM

This thread is about satisfaction with the direction the country is heading. That doesn't necessarily translate to approval of the POTUS. People can be satisfied with some things and not so satisfied with others for a variety of reasons.

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Why do so many people, generally on the left, want to deny truths which are easily verified?

They think everyone is as gullible and incapable of objective, factual verification as they are, because they are in Leftbubble.

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Newsmax...roflmao.

Given that only 30% of Americans approve of trump,, and he only has 61% of those who approve of him, I'd say Trumper is down to about what, 13% supporters in the US?

Oh really says who? A TDS Fake News media poll, heavily over sampling democrats ?

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 05:47 PM
They think everyone is as gullible and incapable of objective, factual verification as they are, because they are in Leftbubble.

It's extremly odd.

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 05:47 PM
The Democratic Party liars failed to complete the phrase as President Trump did...."like people from Norway and Asia."

The entire leftist worldview is dependent upon lies.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 05:53 PM

Here's another odd comment. The economy is growing. Everyone is benefiting. The unemployment rate for minorities is declining and this guy says minorities are being screwed. He's not going to say how they are being screwed now, but he'll make the claim because it's a programmed response.

Do these people have the ability to step outside of their partisan bubble?

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 06:47 PM
It's extremly odd.

But commonplace, anymore...

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 06:48 PM
Here's another odd comment. The economy is growing. Everyone is benefiting. The unemployment rate for minorities is declining and this guy says minorities are being screwed. He's not going to say how they are being screwed now, but he'll make the claim because it's a programmed response.

Do these people have the ability to step outside of their partisan bubble?

Nope. Then they would have to accept the utter failure of their entire worldview....

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 06:50 PM
It's amazing how liberals continue to cling to the same old overused clichés. The facts don't matter at all.

Peter1469
01-17-2018, 10:26 PM

They operate off talking points. No thought required.

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 11:37 PM
They operate off talking points. No thought required. Intellectual laziness.