PDA

View Full Version : 'New Calfornia' Declares Independence

Common
01-16-2018, 06:01 PM
'New Calfornia' Declares Independence - From California, Not U.S.Video at Link

Citing the U.S. Constitution, a group introduced its Declaration of Independence – from California, but not from the United States.
The “New California” movement wants to turn northern and rural California into the nation’s 51 state, separating from southern, coastal urban California in the same way that West Virginia was formed, CBS Sacramento reported (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/new-california-declares-independence-from-rest-of-state/) Monday:

“Unlike other separation movements in the past the state of New California wants to do things by the book, citing Article 4, Section 3 of the US Constitution and working with the state legislature to get it done, similar to the way West Virginia was formed.”
As it now, taxes are too high, education is too shoddy, and the state, as a whole, is “ungovernable,” the New California movement’s founder Robert Paul Preston argues.

Citing the U.S. Constitution, a group introduced its Declaration of Independence – from California, but not from the United States.
The “New California” movement wants to turn northern and rural California into the nation’s 51 state, separating from southern, coastal urban California in the same way that West Virginia was formed, CBS Sacramento reported (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/01/15/new-california-declares-independence-from-rest-of-state/) Monday:

“Unlike other separation movements in the past the state of New California wants to do things by the book, citing Article 4, Section 3 of the US Constitution and working with the state legislature to get it done, similar to the way West Virginia was formed.”
As it now, taxes are too high, education is too shoddy, and the state, as a whole, is “ungovernable,” the New California movement’s founder Robert Paul Preston argues.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 06:05 PM
They have every natural right to do so. Unfortunately, the tyrants in Sacramento and Washington DC have no respect for people's rights, which is why they will steadfastly oppose any effort to make America more democratic and free.

Bethere
01-16-2018, 06:06 PM
They have every natural right to do so. Unfortunately, the tyrants in Sacramento and Washington DC have no respect for people's rights, which is why they will steadfastly oppose any effort to make America more democratic and free.

They really don't. There is no such thing as natural law.

Common
01-16-2018, 06:10 PM
The greater point is there are californians that know how badly their state has been screwed up under democrat rule.

Bethere
01-16-2018, 06:12 PM
The greater point is there are californians that know how badly their state has been screwed up under democrat rule.

They are a shrinking minority.

Bo-4
01-16-2018, 06:17 PM

Common is doing ONE thing - He wish LIVE there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk

Bethere
01-16-2018, 06:20 PM
Common is doing ONE thing - He wish LIVE there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk

I always loved that guitar intro and the flute solo.

Bo-4
01-16-2018, 06:25 PM
I always loved that guitar intro and the flute solo.

Ditto - and as for Mama Cass?

https://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mamacass.asp

Common
01-16-2018, 06:29 PM
Yes they are, they are leaving california in busloads. Most of Las Vegas is Cali expats.
California is in for a huge crash, just wait till their public pensions collapse which is around the corner.
Its all going to catch california they are hanging by a string. Jerry Brown the left wing fuckin screwball he is has been issuing warnings on whats coming

Bethere
01-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Ditto - and as for Mama Cass?

https://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mamacass.asp

My mom and grandma caught her at the Palladium a day before she died. The opening act was Paper Lace. Haha. What a bill!

About a week later I saw ELP do Brain Salad Surgery. Obviously we had different tastes in music.

Bethere
01-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Yes they are, they are leaving california in busloads. Most of Las Vegas is Cali expats.
California is in for a huge crash, just wait till their public pensions collapse which is around the corner.
Its all going to catch california they are hanging by a string. Jerry Brown the left wing $#@!in screwball he is has been issuing warnings on whats coming

Then don't move there!

Croft
01-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Whites are flooding out of California. It's more third world every day and more and more ungovernable. You'll have rich gated enclaves of white liberals left who can afford it and otherwise turd world. Masses of other white liberals and conservatives just leave and go to white states. The libs then start whining about the lack of diversity. It's just incredible.

Bethere
01-16-2018, 06:37 PM
Whites are flooding out of California. It's more third world every day and more and more ungovernable. You'll have rich gated enclaves of white liberals left who can afford it and otherwise turd world. Masses of other white liberals and conservatives just leave and go to white states. The libs then start whining about the lack of diversity. It's just incredible.

No they aren't.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 06:41 PM

It's fact that CA has lost millions of residents to places like Texas over the last 10 years. I havenb't researched the demographics but it woudl not surprise me if they were mostly white. IL and NY are facing a similar situation.

Common
01-16-2018, 06:42 PM
It's fact that CA has lost millions of residents to places like Texas over the last 10 years. I havenb't researched the demographics but it woudl not surprise me if they were mostly white. IL and NY are facing a similar situation.

Bethere will tell you no they didnt lol

Mister D
01-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Two of my coworkers left for Florida last year. They are raising families and it's just too expensive for them in NJ. Sad.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 06:51 PM
They really don't.

The people who founded this country say otherwise.

There is no such thing as natural law.

Natural law is the moral and intellectual foundation of America.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 06:52 PM
My mom and grandma caught her at the Palladium a day before she died. The opening act was Paper Lace. Haha. What a bill!

About a week later I saw ELP do Brain Salad Surgery. Obviously we had different tastes in music.

Nobody cares. Discuss the thread topic.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 06:55 PM
We have reached a point in this country's history where many Americans (mostly Democrats) openly repudiate the historical, moral, and intellectual basis for the country's existence. I'm not sure whether this qualifies as Orwellian, Kafkaesque, or some combination of the two.

Peter1469
01-16-2018, 06:56 PM
They really don't. There is no such thing as natural law.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 06:58 PM
We have reached a point in this country's history where many Americans (mostly Democrats) openly repudiate the historical, moral, and intellectual basis for the country's existence. I'm not sure whether this qualifies as Orwellian, Kafkaesque, or some combination of the two.

You neglect the role stupidity plays in this. Virtually no one who objects to the concept of Natural Law here understands what it is.

Peter1469
01-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Two of my coworkers left for Florida last year. They are raising families and it's just too expensive for them in NJ. Sad.

A friend from work moved to Florida and bought a 4500 sq ft house for not much more than I paid for my condo here.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 07:01 PM
A friend from work moved to Florida and bought a 4500 sq ft house for not much more than I paid for my condo here.
My brother spent a year or so trying to entice me to move to LA. I like NJ and I have a house now so I have no desire to leave but I understand. Believe me, I get it.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 07:03 PM
You neglect the role stupidity plays in this. Virtually no one who objects to the concept of Natural Law here understands what it is.
Actually, I think it's more to do with dishonesty than stupidity. Even a moron can grasp the concept of natural law.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Actually, I think it's more to do with dishonesty than stupidity. Even a moron can grasp the concept of natural law.
I beg to differ. They really don't get it. For example, when you speak of Natural Law they envision some kind of cosmic force that stops you from doing something. They also think you're saying we should do away with positive law because we have natural laws. It's not dishonesty. It's stupidity. If you were to use the term "human rights", which have an identical premise to natural rights and natural law, they'll readily agree. Stupidity...abject stupidity.

Orion Rules
01-16-2018, 07:07 PM
They really don't. There is no such thing as natural law.Wal larutan sa gniht hcus on si ereht. T'nod yllaer yeht. That's another lie you just told, so you won't. A free people will move away from the so-called law of Moses. The most 'divine' fraud he was. The serpent always lies. A religion that prevents eating from the fruit of real trees.

A religion made for/by/of the money changers. A religion that has prevented peace in countries. A religion that said God demanded animal blood sacrifice to atone for another's wrong doings. A religion filled with mirrors for everyone else but themselves. The religion of the Hyksos.

At least a part of the story is found in the Kamose stelas:

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/kamose_inscription.htm

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 07:16 PM
I beg to differ. They really don't get it. For example, when you speak of Natural Law they envision some kind of cosmic force that stops you from doing something. They also think you're saying we should do away with positive law because we have natural laws. It's not dishonesty. It's stupidity. If you were to use the term "human rights", which have an identical premise to natural rights and natural law, they'll readily agree. Stupidity...abject stupidity.

Perhaps it is a combination of both dishonesty and stupidity?

MisterVeritis
01-16-2018, 08:01 PM
No they aren't.
I saw what was happening. I left 11 plus years ago.

Cthulhu
01-16-2018, 08:04 PM
They really don't. There is no such thing as natural law.You might not understand algebra, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and have an impact on the world.

So it is with natural rights.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Chloe
01-16-2018, 08:07 PM
New California needs to wait its turn. Cascadia should be the priority.

Cthulhu
01-16-2018, 08:08 PM
I beg to differ. They really don't get it. For example, when you speak of Natural Law they envision some kind of cosmic force that stops you from doing something. They also think you're saying we should do away with positive law because we have natural laws. It's not dishonesty. It's stupidity. If you were to use the term "human rights", which have an identical premise to natural rights and natural law, they'll readily agree. Stupidity...abject stupidity.I propose that it is a combination of the two.

Update : Ethereal beat me to it.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 08:09 PM
New California needs to wait its turn. Cascadia should be the priority.
Are they mutually exclusive?

Chloe
01-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Are they mutually exclusive?

Yes.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 08:12 PM
I propose that it is a combination of the two.

Update : Ethereal beat me to it.

I suppose it is difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins.

leekohler2
01-16-2018, 08:14 PM

Now that was good sketch comedy! :D

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/01/18/numbers-bust-the-myth-theres-no-great-exodus-from-california/

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Yes.

Couldn't the independence of New California serve as a segue for the independence of Cascadia? For example, the USA only exists because separate, independent colonies successfully seceded from Britain.

Cthulhu
01-16-2018, 08:16 PM
White flight eventually runs out of room. It will be ugly when it does.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 08:17 PM
Now that was good sketch comedy! :D

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/01/18/numbers-bust-the-myth-theres-no-great-exodus-from-california/
Doesn't realize CA is losing taxpayers and replacing them with Mexicans. But who cares? Some guy says it's no big deal. lol

Mister D
01-16-2018, 08:17 PM
White flight eventually runs out of room. It will be ugly when it does.

Sure will.

Mister D
01-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Couldn't the independence of New California serve as a segue for the independence of Cascadia? For example, the USA only exists because separate, independent colonies successfully seceded from Britain.
A precedent would be immensely beneficial for either cause.

Chloe
01-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Absolutely not. What a ludicrous suggestion. It's my way, my order of things, or nothing at all.

Ethereal
01-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Absolutely not. What a ludicrous suggestion. It's my way, my order of things, or nothing at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quOI_djS8oc

Kacper
01-16-2018, 08:21 PM
'New Calfornia' Declares Independence - From California, Not U.S.

Video at Link

Trump should immediately recognize them as a state, give them two senate seats and some of California's House seats. West Virginia never actually entered the US legally but there it still is on the map and all that.

Green Arrow
01-16-2018, 09:01 PM

Northern California is almost evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.

Bethere
01-16-2018, 09:20 PM

California's pop grew .7% last year.

Peter1469
01-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Illegals

Common
01-16-2018, 09:32 PM

Look at peters response lol, you tried to trick us again

Boris The Animal
01-16-2018, 09:33 PM
We see the same problem between Upstate/Western New York and Downstate including Albany and NYC. I for one, would love to see NYC, NJ, and Albany form it's own Liberal mecca and leave the good part of New York State alone, with either Buffalo or Rochester as the Capitol of New Amsterdam.

Common
01-16-2018, 09:35 PM

Post the link to that chart

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 12:46 AM

Video at Link

I don't blame them , and wish them luck in their endeavor.

Orion Rules
01-17-2018, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by Ethereal:

Absolutely not. What a ludicrous suggestion. It's my way, my order of things, or nothing at all.All at nothing or, things of order my, way my it's. Suggestion ludicrous a what. Not absolutely. :evil: :smiley: :wink:

Kalkin
01-17-2018, 02:44 AM

Video at Link

Good. California's liberal urban anthills have disenfranchised conservatives far too long. Plus that giant electoral block needs to be broken down to better represent the views of all.

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 03:42 AM

Oh...becoming a "shithole", huh?

Green Arrow
01-17-2018, 10:03 AM
Good. California's liberal urban anthills have disenfranchised conservatives far too long. Plus that giant electoral block needs to be broken down to better represent the views of all.
Of all what?

Bo-4
01-17-2018, 10:22 AM

Oh my - Paper Lace and Mama Cass .. sounds riveting! :laugh:

I saw that same concert in LA when in high school. Miss Greg Lake .. sure could make that 12 string sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxHGxQw9ws

Bo-4
01-17-2018, 10:29 AM

Never thought of it like that that - but you're correct. Once you head from the Bay Area inland .. it gets pretty red.

In order to do so, we turned our sites on measuring how each city in California (https://www.homesnacks.net/cities/cities-in-california/) with populations greater than 5,000 voted in 2012. The cities with the highest percentage of voters who voted republican in 2012 were crowned the most conservative cities in the state:

Susanville (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/susanville/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/susanville-photos/))
Shasta Lake (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/shasta-lake/)
Anderson (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/anderson/)
Redding (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/redding/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/redding-photos/))
Red Bluff (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/red-bluff/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/red-bluff-photos/))
Corning (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/corning/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/corning-photos/))
Orland (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/orland/)
Willows (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/willows/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/willows-photos/))
Williams (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/williams/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/williams-photos/))
Colusa (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/colusa/) (Photos (https://www.homesnacks.net/ca/colusa-photos/))

Bo-4
01-17-2018, 10:31 AM

Winner of Butt Nugget o The Day Award :D

Abby08
01-17-2018, 10:32 AM
all at nothing or, things of order my, way my it's. Suggestion ludicrous a what. Not absolutely. :evil: :smiley: :wink:

^^^ wtf??!!

Bo-4
01-17-2018, 10:32 AM
Of all what?

Guys like this I guess ;)

http://thepoliticalforums.com/image.php?u=683&dateline=1516129490

Tahuyaman
01-17-2018, 10:39 AM
They really don't. There is no such thing as natural law. As usual you are wrong.

Why do liberals deny the concept of natural law?

Mini Me
01-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Doesn't realize CA is losing taxpayers and replacing them with Mexicans. But who cares? Some guy says it's no big deal. lol

I never heard it put that way! But it seems so. I don't think any whites leave because of Mexicans, tho. Its the high cost of living here that makes folks leave.That, and job opportunities elsewhere.

Mini Me
01-17-2018, 11:28 AM
But it is in the interests of ranchers,framers, timber folks, mining and small rural towns to escape the rule of Los Angeles liberal politics. I for one am sick of it.That makes me a conservative in that sense.

Kalkin
01-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Of all what?
The people.

Kalkin
01-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Guys like this I guess ;)

http://thepoliticalforums.com/image.php?u=683&dateline=1516129490

I escaped. Too many taxes and regulations. Too much crime.

Abby08
01-17-2018, 11:59 AM
I never heard it put that way! But it seems so. I don't think any whites leave because of Mexicans, tho. Its the high cost of living here that makes folks leave.That, and job opportunities elsewhere.

It's a combination of both.

resister
01-17-2018, 12:00 PM

22285Graph does not even say what state, much less a source. LOL Borrow the app from Eddy?

Abby08
01-17-2018, 12:11 PM
I saw what was happening. I left 11 plus years ago.

I left 43 years ago and, have been watching the steady decline ever since.

My siblings live there and, the older one wants desperately to move. She's waiting for me to move back to Arizona permanently, then she will move near me.... she's been in California her entire 61 years and, is fed up.

Bethere
01-17-2018, 12:11 PM
Post the link to that chart

Please? You aren't empowered to demand jack.

California's population grew at a rate of 0.7% in 2016. While still positive, this continues a downward trend in growth rate from the prior year. The annual rate of population growth is usually closer to 1%.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://journal.firsttuesday.us/golden-state-population-trends/9007/&ved=0ahUKEwjCxI_Vvt_YAhWlTN8KHeo8ALsQFggxMAI&usg=AOvVaw3FwdGhu0Zw0uWjiHCGG65C

Bethere
01-17-2018, 12:15 PM
I left 43 years ago and, have been watching the steady decline ever since.

My siblings live there and, the older one wants desperately to move. She's waiting for me to move back to Arizona permanently, then she will move near me.... she's been in California her entire 61 years and, is fed up.

No California continues to grow. When the 2020 census happens they will get even more congressional seats as a reward.

Bethere
01-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Oh my - Paper Lace and Mama Cass .. sounds riveting! :laugh:

I saw that same concert in LA when in high school. Miss Greg Lake .. sure could make that 12 string sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxHGxQw9ws
Those were the days my friend. We thought they'd never end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzGkxndQVnE

MisterVeritis
01-17-2018, 12:18 PM

I saw what was happening and left a decade or so ago. I saw the rising numbers of illegals. I saw the clamor for more government programs to take from productive people to give to the unproductive. I moved to Northern Alabama. I have not had one moment of regret.

MisterVeritis
01-17-2018, 12:19 PM
No California continues to grow. When the 2020 census happens they will get even more congressional seats as a reward.
Hence we need a Constitutional amendment that no longer counts noncitizens for representation (and federal dollars).

resister
01-17-2018, 12:19 PM
http://www.newgeography.com/content/001925-if-california-is-doing-so-great-why-are-so-many-leaving

Superficially at least, California’s problems are well known. Are they well understood? Apparently not.About a year ago Time ran an article, "Why California is Still America's future (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1931582-1,00.html)," touting California's future, a future that includes gold-rush-like prosperity in an environmentally pure little piece of heaven, brought to us by "public-sector foresight."More recently, Brett Arends' piece at Market Watch, "The Truth About California (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-truth-about-california-2010-11-22)," is more of the same. California's governor elect, Jerry Brown, liked this piece so much that he tweeted a link to it.The optimist’s argument about California’s future ultimately hinges on the creativity of the state’s vaunted tech sector, in large part driven by regulation promulgated by an enlightened political class and funded by a powerful venture capital sector.No fundamentalist evangelical speaks with more conviction or faith than a California cheerleader expounding on the economic benefits of environmental purity brought about by command and control regulation.The more honest cheerleaders acknowledge that California has challenges, including persistent budget problems. Arends denies even the existence of a budget problem, demanding "Er, no, actually. It’s your assertion. You do the math." Let me help you, Brett. The non-partisan California Legislative Analyst's Office has done the math. You can find it here (http://www.lao.ca.gov/reports/2010/bud/fiscal_outlook/fiscal_outlook_2010.pdf). They expect budget shortfalls in excess of $20 billion a year throughout their forecast horizon. This is on annual revenues of less than $100 billion.Last week the numbers got even worse, as the Governor-elect, Jerry Brown, acknowledged. The deficit may now be as much as $28 billion this year, and over $20 billion for the foreseeable future. This is more than a nuisance. There’s a reason, after all, why California has among the worst credit ratings of any state. Most people outside of California haven't drank from this vat of the economic equivalent of LSD-laced Kool-Aid. People know that a state is in trouble when it has persistent intractable budget deficits, chronic domestic net out-migration, and 30 percent higher unemployment than the national average. Indeed, California’s joblessness, chronic budget deficits, governors, and credit rating have made the state the butt of jokes worldwide. How bad are things in California? California's domestic migration has been negative every year since at least 1990. In fact, since 1990, according to the U.S. Census, 3,642,490 people, net, have left California. If they were in one city, it would be the third largest city in America, with a population 800,000 more than Chicago and within 200,000 of Los Angeles’ population.We’re seeing a reversal of the depression-era migration from the Dust Bowl to California. While California has seen 3.6 million people leave, Texas has received over 1.4 million domestic migrants. Even Oklahoma and Arkansas have had net-positive domestic migration trends from California.http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-net-dom.pngThose ultimate canaries in the coal mine, illegal immigrants, recognize California's problems. Twenty years ago, about half of all United States illegal immigrants went to California. Today, that’s down to about one in four. The result of these migration trends is that California's share of the United States population has been declining.http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-share-national-pop.pngWhat do these migrants see that so many of California's political class do not see? They see a lack of opportunity. California's share of United States jobs and output has declined since 1990, and its unemployment rate has remained persistently above the United States Average, only approaching the average during the housing boom.http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-share-national-jobs.pnghttp://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-share-national-gdp.pnghttp://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-unemployment.pngCalifornia's unemployment is particularly troubling. As of October 2010, only two states, Nevada at 14.2 percent and Michigan at 12.8 percent, had higher unemployment rates than California's 12.4 percent. California's unemployment problem is particularly severe in its more rural counties. Twenty-five of California's 58 counties have unemployment rates higher than Nevada's:http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-unemploy-regions.png

Bethere
01-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Hence we need a Constitutional amendment that no longer counts noncitizens for representation (and federal dollars).

You never give up. It's pathetic but I like that.

Croft
01-17-2018, 04:27 PM
Oh...becoming a "$#@!hole", huh?
yes. One less US state and one more shithole Mexican state.

Mister D
01-17-2018, 04:30 PM

Of course no one will actually say that. :wink: Economic factors are primary but CA isn't what it used to be and I think that is turning people off.

Green Arrow
01-17-2018, 06:52 PM
The people.

California already adheres to the will of the majority of the people in its borders.

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 07:01 PM
California already adheres to the will of the majority of the people in its borders.

Maybe not the citizens, and certainly not the US Constitution.

Peter1469
01-17-2018, 07:10 PM
There are court cases about that. Some people rightfully think that illegals should not be counted for purposes of representation.

I agree- expel the illegals. Now.

Peter1469
01-17-2018, 07:12 PM
I saw what was happening and left a decade or so ago. I saw the rising numbers of illegals. I saw the clamor for more government programs to take from productive people to give to the unproductive. I moved to Northern Alabama. I have not had one moment of regret.

Huntsville area?

resister
01-17-2018, 07:14 PM
To bad they are illegals, they cant vote, right?

Bethere
01-17-2018, 07:21 PM

Too.

Kalkin
01-17-2018, 08:36 PM

I didn't say otherwise. I said there are many who don't get the representation they want because the overpopulated shitholes of LA and SF overwhelmingly vote democrat. The state is too big and politically diverse for a few large cities to disenfranchise everyone else. Have you lived there?

Grokmaster
01-17-2018, 08:37 PM

They CAN and DO, in Fraudifornia....

MisterVeritis
01-17-2018, 08:44 PM
You never give up. It's pathetic but I like that.
one must do what one can to restore the nation. My watch is nearly over.

resister
01-17-2018, 08:44 PM
They CAN and DO, in Fraudifornia....
Especially when illegal harboring cities, have "municipal ID" programs, where anyone gets ID much easier than a US native ever could.

resister
01-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Too.
Hey! You are making progress! You realize they are illegals! 22305

Green Arrow
01-18-2018, 12:08 AM
I didn't say otherwise. I said there are many who don't get the representation they want because the overpopulated shitholes of LA and SF overwhelmingly vote democrat. The state is too big and politically diverse for a few large cities to disenfranchise everyone else. Have you lived there?

For the first twenty years of my life, yeah.

That is no different than any other state. The majority always wins and, with the exception of a fraction of purple states, the minority party is always underrepresented.

Kalkin
01-18-2018, 12:53 AM
For the first twenty years of my life, yeah.

That is no different than any other state. The majority always wins and, with the exception of a fraction of purple states, the minority party is always underrepresented.

So you admit there are exceptions. Regardless, I'm happy the people in California are trying to fix it. Mostly because I'd love to see California's electoral votes divided. A major blow to idiot democrats if it happens.

Bethere
01-18-2018, 12:59 AM
So you admit there are exceptions. Regardless, I'm happy the people in California are trying to fix it. Mostly because I'd love to see California's electoral votes divided. A major blow to idiot democrats if it happens.

It won't.

resister
01-18-2018, 01:01 AM
It won't.
Donald wont win, lol.

Betheres predictions are so solid!

Kalkin
01-18-2018, 01:31 AM
It won't.

Whatever you say, madam POTUS.

Mini Me
01-18-2018, 09:22 AM
http://www.newgeography.com/content/001925-if-california-is-doing-so-great-why-are-so-many-leaving

Superficially at least, California’s problems are well known. Are they well understood? Apparently not.About a year ago Time ran an article, "Why California is Still America's future (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1931582-1,00.html)," touting California's future, a future that includes gold-rush-like prosperity in an environmentally pure little piece of heaven, brought to us by "public-sector foresight."More recently, Brett Arends' piece at Market Watch, "The Truth About California (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-truth-about-california-2010-11-22)," is more of the same. California's governor elect, Jerry Brown, liked this piece so much that he tweeted a link to it.The optimist’s argument about California’s future ultimately hinges on the creativity of the state’s vaunted tech sector, in large part driven by regulation promulgated by an enlightened political class and funded by a powerful venture capital sector.No fundamentalist evangelical speaks with more conviction or faith than a California cheerleader expounding on the economic benefits of environmental purity brought about by command and control regulation.The more honest cheerleaders acknowledge that California has challenges, including persistent budget problems. Arends denies even the existence of a budget problem, demanding "Er, no, actually. It’s your assertion. You do the math." Let me help you, Brett. The non-partisan California Legislative Analyst's Office has done the math. You can find it here (http://www.lao.ca.gov/reports/2010/bud/fiscal_outlook/fiscal_outlook_2010.pdf). They expect budget shortfalls in excess of $20 billion a year throughout their forecast horizon. This is on annual revenues of less than $100 billion.Last week the numbers got even worse, as the Governor-elect, Jerry Brown, acknowledged. The deficit may now be as much as $28 billion this year, and over $20 billion for the foreseeable future. This is more than a nuisance. There’s a reason, after all, why California has among the worst credit ratings of any state. Most people outside of California haven't drank from this vat of the economic equivalent of LSD-laced Kool-Aid. People know that a state is in trouble when it has persistent intractable budget deficits, chronic domestic net out-migration, and 30 percent higher unemployment than the national average. Indeed, California’s joblessness, chronic budget deficits, governors, and credit rating have made the state the butt of jokes worldwide. How bad are things in California? California's domestic migration has been negative every year since at least 1990. In fact, since 1990, according to the U.S. Census, 3,642,490 people, net, have left California. If they were in one city, it would be the third largest city in America, with a population 800,000 more than Chicago and within 200,000 of Los Angeles’ population.We’re seeing a reversal of the depression-era migration from the Dust Bowl to California. While California has seen 3.6 million people leave, Texas has received over 1.4 million domestic migrants. Even Oklahoma and Arkansas have had net-positive domestic migration trends from California.http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-net-dom.pngThose ultimate canaries in the coal mine, illegal immigrants, recognize California's problems. Twenty years ago, about half of all United States illegal immigrants went to California. Today, that’s down to about one in four. The result of these migration trends is that California's share of the United States population has been declining.http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-share-national-pop.pngWhat do these migrants see that so many of California's political class do not see? They see a lack of opportunity. California's share of United States jobs and output has declined since 1990, and its unemployment rate has remained persistently above the United States Average, only approaching the average during the housing boom.http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-share-national-jobs.pnghttp://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-share-national-gdp.pnghttp://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-unemployment.pngCalifornia's unemployment is particularly troubling. As of October 2010, only two states, Nevada at 14.2 percent and Michigan at 12.8 percent, had higher unemployment rates than California's 12.4 percent. California's unemployment problem is particularly severe in its more rural counties. Twenty-five of California's 58 counties have unemployment rates higher than Nevada's:
http://www.newgeography.com/files/CA-unemploy-regions.png
Those high unemployment rates are SKEWED by the high number of Mexican agricultural workers, who are just temporary help on farms and ranches!

They really should not be included in unemployment figures, as they are not citizens of the U.S!

Peter1469
01-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Those high unemployment rates are SKEWED by the high number of Mexican agricultural workers, who are just temporary help on farms and ranches!

They really should not be included in unemployment figures, as they are not citizens of the U.S!

And they should not be in the US off-season.

Mini Me
01-18-2018, 09:26 AM
A huge reason people are leaving is the lack of affordable housing here, and that lack of housing boosts the prices of homes higher and higher to become even more unaffordable! This, in turn, creates even more homeless people. And wage growth stagnation makes the problem worse.

Peter1469
01-18-2018, 09:30 AM
A huge reason people are leaving is the lack of affordable housing here, and that lack of housing boosts the prices of homes higher and higher to become even more unaffordable! This, in turn, creates even more homeless people. And wage growth stagnation makes the problem worse.

You won't tax your way out of the problem.

nathanbforrest45
01-18-2018, 09:40 AM

Exactly right. The normals are shrinking every day, being overrun by illegals of every stripe.

Mini Me
01-18-2018, 08:50 PM
You won't tax your way out of the problem.

We'll wait for that Trump "trickle-down" and more part-time jobs to help us!LOL!
Maybe China will build more slave plants over here!:shocked:

Mini Me
01-18-2018, 08:52 PM
And they should not be in the US off-season.

That is true!ICE has a huge job to do.