PDA

View Full Version : Good God, SMH

KathyS
01-19-2018, 11:24 PM
And unfortunately, this judge presides in my home county and the one next door. He needs to resign....

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-judge-interrupts-jury-says-god-told-him-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/

A state district judge in Comal County said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex.

Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels (http://herald-zeitung.com/news/article_e820f466-f805-11e7-a853-1b29564b0290.html).

The jury went against the judge’s wishes, finding Gloria Romero-Perez guilty of continuous trafficking of a person and later sentenced her to 25 years in prison. They found her not guilty of a separate charge of sale or purchase of a child.

Robison, who also presides in Hays and Caldwell counties, did not respond to a message left with his court coordinator, Steve Thomas, who said the case is still pending. Robison is scheduled to return to the bench in Comal County on Jan. 31.

Chris
01-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Sounds like God told the jury to ignore the judge. Good grief, what an idiot.

Common
01-20-2018, 06:34 AM
He shouldnt just be fired he should be put in a straight jacket and locked up with heavy medication

The Xl
01-20-2018, 11:26 AM
The courts are too broken and judges have too much power and influence anyway.

Shady Slim
01-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Sounds like God told the jury to ignore the judge. Good grief, what an idiot.

Certain members have been punished by the wrath of lefty-ness for calling others "idiots" here at tPF..

Good for the goose is not good for the gander?

Trish
01-20-2018, 12:18 PM
sounds like god told the jury to ignore the judge. Good grief, what an idiot.
hahahahahahahahaha!

Chris
01-20-2018, 04:28 PM
Certain members have been punished by the wrath of lefty-ness for calling others "idiots" here at tPF..

Good for the goose is not good for the gander?

I don't think the judge posts here.

If not an idiot he listens to the devil disguised.