PDA

View Full Version : tPF It's not a revenue problem

Tahuyaman
01-20-2018, 11:07 PM
This is news which all Democrats and big government Republicans don't want you to know.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-taxes-through-november-still-run-2018b-deficit
Feds Collect Record Taxes Through November; Still Run $201.8B Deficit

This should tell people that we do not have revenue issue, but a spending issue.

Revenues will increase dramatically in 2018, but spending will increase even more.

Kalkin
01-20-2018, 11:23 PM
For every tax dollar taken in, they should cut two dollars in spending.

Tahuyaman
01-20-2018, 11:43 PM

That is an option, but it is one that will never happen under any circumstances. What could happen and work would be to limit all spending increases to the rate of inflation.

Kalkin
01-21-2018, 12:02 AM
That is an option, but it is one that will never happen under any circumstances. What could happen and work would be to limit all spending increases to the rate of inflation.
Of course they'll never behave in a fiscally responsible manner. They go in rich and leave much, much richer. Let someone else worry about the eventual currency crash.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2018, 12:05 AM
Of course they'll never behave in a fiscally responsible manner. They go in rich and leave much, much richer. Let someone else worry about the eventual currency crash.

But the way I just said can work and it isn't a pipe dream plus it's fiscally responsible.

Kalkin
01-21-2018, 12:11 AM
But the way I just said can work and it isn't a pipe dream plus it's fiscally responsible.
It could. I have no faith in the federal government to ever turn the debt around, tbh.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2018, 12:14 AM
It could. I have no faith in the federal government to ever turn the debt around, tbh.. At some point they are going to be forced to. The way I advocate is the only way which can get any support and still work.

Kalkin
01-21-2018, 12:58 AM
. At some point they are going to be forced to. The way I advocate is the only way which can get any support and still work.
I like the penny plan, too.

donttread
01-21-2018, 10:09 AM

The scalpel has failed time for the hachet. 10% across the board federal cuts until the budget is at least balanced. There isn't a single federal program that doesn't have more than enough fat to tolerate such cuts for 3-4 years and still funtion , probably far more effiiently than they currently do

Captdon
01-21-2018, 10:17 AM
This is news which all Democrats and big government Republicans don't want you to know.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-taxes-through-november-still-run-2018b-deficit
Feds Collect Record Taxes Through November; Still Run $201.8B Deficit

This should tell people that we do not have revenue issue, but a spending issue.

Revenues will increase dramatically in 2018, but spending will increase even more.

If you look back at the last 50 years or so you will see that spending has been about 110% of revenue. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less. Spending is the #1 priority in DC.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2018, 12:36 PM
The scalpel has failed time for the hachet. 10% across the board federal cuts until the budget is at least balanced. There isn't a single federal program that doesn't have more than enough fat to tolerate such cuts for 3-4 years and still funtion , probably far more effiiently than they currently do

Why would you advocate a plan that you know is impossible to implement? You will never fix anything until you come up with a plan which will actually work and gain enough support to pass.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2018, 12:40 PM
If you look back at the last 50 years or so you will see that spending has been about 110% of revenue. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less. Spending is the #1 priority in DC.

And limiting spending increases to the level of inflation would fix that. If we don't eventually the dollar will be worthless and we will have a Weimar Republic situation. Then it's too late.

donttread
01-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Why would you advocate a plan that you know is impossible to implement? You will never fix anything until you come up with a plan which will actually work and gain enough support to pass.

Like they said they would a few years ago the one time the public cared about the debt ceiling? LOL Anything can be implemented if the people realize and utilize their power. . I would say that comittment to partisian cuts is committment to growing debt. We have decades of failure that way , which seems implementation proof.

donttread
01-21-2018, 05:02 PM
And limiting spending increases to the level of inflation would fix that. If we don't eventually the dollar will be worthless and we will have a Weimar Republic situation. Then it's too late.

So what's your plan? How would you decrease spending?

Tahuyaman
01-21-2018, 05:09 PM
So what's your plan? How would you decrease spending?

I stated my plan several times in this thread.

Captdon
01-21-2018, 05:15 PM

I like zero budgeting. Determine every year what spending is needed instead of adding or subtracting will-nilly. A mass audit of the federal government would shock the country.

Tahuyaman
01-21-2018, 05:19 PM
I like zero budgeting. Determine every year what spending is needed instead of adding or subtracting will-nilly. A mass audit of the federal government would shock the country.

That would be great, but it will never happen.