PDA

View Full Version : Dems.....spitting mad

Ransom
01-22-2018, 04:24 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/progressive-senate-democrats-government-shutdown/index.html

Trish
01-22-2018, 05:43 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/progressive-senate-democrats-government-shutdown/index.html

Yeah - Schumer really phucked this up. hahahahaha What an idiot. What I'm mostly pissed about is I just worked through the phucking weekend and dragged my butte into my Office today to finish the official notifications and paperwork for only 1 day's furlough. I just worked 3 phucking days without pay for 1 DAY of the Senate jerking off.

Common
01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Nothing new progressives are perpetually pissed off that they are themselves

Bethere
01-22-2018, 06:00 PM

I don't see any "spitting mad" dems posting on this forum today. Not one.

Common
01-22-2018, 06:00 PM
shhhh

Trish
01-22-2018, 06:04 PM

I'm a spitting mad woman who had her free time taken away and all because of a bunch of men who wanted to see whose dick was biggest. :0p

HawkTheSlayer
01-22-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm a spitting mad woman who had her free time taken away and all because of a bunch of men who wanted to see whose dick was biggest. :0p
There are women in congress too.

Trish
01-22-2018, 06:26 PM
There are women in congress too.

Really? Huh - I'll have to look into that.

Grokmaster
01-22-2018, 06:37 PM
Because, like you, they really don't know WTF is going on....like the asinine claim that the dems "won something" . NO DACA. NO IMMIGRATION DEALS OF ANY KIND.

Nothing but what the GOP put forth to fund in the 1st place.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 07:51 PM

The article is not about this forum. Did you bother to read it?

Grokmaster
01-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Yeah - Schumer really phucked this up. hahahahaha What an idiot. What I'm mostly pissed about is I just worked through the phucking weekend and dragged my butte into my Office today to finish the official notifications and paperwork for only 1 day's furlough. I just worked 3 phucking days without pay for 1 DAY of the Senate jerking off.
Employee ABUSE !!!

Kacper
01-22-2018, 07:58 PM

They usually pass a bill paying government workers for furloughed days off.

Trish
01-22-2018, 08:00 PM
They usually pass a bill paying government workers for furloughed days off.

Yeah but I was working Saturday and Sunday and I don't get paid for those days. :0(

Kalkin
01-22-2018, 08:00 PM

More bitter and frustrated.

Common
01-22-2018, 08:04 PM

You can blame Schumer who plotted to do this weeks ago, he didnt care about any negotiations his mind was made up back then, then he wussed out

Trish
01-22-2018, 08:04 PM
More bitter and frustrated.

ARGH....... I feel bitter and frustrated!!!!

Trish
01-22-2018, 08:05 PM
You can blame Schumer who plotted to do this weeks ago, he didnt care about any negotiations his mind was made up back then, then he wussed out

I do! He is a big ole wussy.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Yeah but I was working Saturday and Sunday and I don't get paid for those days. :0(
Depends on your boss. Such things usually even out over time unless your boss is a tool. If you are the boss, you are a tool if you don't give yourself 2 days off :tongue:

Ethereal
01-22-2018, 08:13 PM
The article is not about this forum. Did you bother to read it?
Bethere just wants to be the center of attention. Nothing he says or does is intended to be genuine, thoughtful, or even interesting.

Trish
01-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Bethere just wants to be the center of attention. Nothing he says or does is intended to be genuine, thoughtful, or even interesting.

It's kinda my fault for injecting my situation and derailing the issue.

Ethereal
01-22-2018, 08:19 PM
It's kinda my fault for injecting my situation and derailing the issue.
Bethere's constant trolling of this forum is not even close to your fault.

I found your post to be relevant and interesting.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:19 PM

The thing is, there are actually a lot of progressives who are irate about this. Personally, I am more irritated that Schumer was idiotic enough to even play the DACA this way knowing full well it would polarize and fail. He doesn't want a solution. He wants the issue to use as an election year wedge. There are republicans who want to deal with DACA and fighting that battle with other republicans and possibly the White House will be hard enough without this drama. Chuck set the effort back.

Kalkin
01-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Nothing he says or does is intended to be genuine, thoughtful, or even interesting.

At least he's successful in that endeavor.

Ethereal
01-22-2018, 08:23 PM
The thing is, there are actually a lot of progressives who are irate about this. Personally, I am more irritated that Schumer was idiotic enough to even play the DACA this way knowing full well it would polarize and fail. He doesn't want a solution. He wants the issue to use as an election year wedge. There are republicans who want to deal with DACA and fighting that battle with other republicans and possibly the White House will be hard enough without this drama. Chuck set the effort back.
I actually support amnesty for the large majority of illegal immigrants in America, and I support the concept of sanctuary cities. The problem is Democrat politicians have absolutely no credibility with anyone outside their own weird little bubble. They are the worst representatives of liberal values possible. As you say, they are setting the effort back. But anytime I point stuff like this out, the forum Democrat partisans just accuse me of being a Trumpkin or some other juvenile name. That is why they are very likely to lose to Trump again in 2020. They have nothing to offer anyone except gimmicks and name-calling. They are giant losers.

Kalkin
01-22-2018, 08:23 PM

Schumouse was counting on the MSM to run interference for him. Unfortunately for him, no one really listens to the MSM anymore.

Trish
01-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Schumouse was counting on the MSM to run interference for him. Unfortunately for him, no one really listens to the MSM anymore.

Maybe but I also think they lost the message. The democrats NEVER have a message ready for situations like this. It's like they get blindsided every time. I'm absolutely confused that they haven't figured this out by now.

They got their butts handed to them in the last election because of the PC BS so they go with a message that revolves around PC? WHAT?!!!

The republicans are masters at framing the narrative, whether it's true or not.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:29 PM
I actually support amnesty for the large majority of illegal immigrants in America, and I support the concept of sanctuary cities. The problem is Democrat politicians have absolutely no credibility with anyone outside their own weird little bubble. They are the worst representatives of liberal values possible. As you say, they are setting the effort back. But anytime I point stuff like this out, the forum Democrat partisans just accuse me of being a Trumpkin or some other juvenile name. That is why they are very likely to lose to Trump again in 2020. They have nothing to offer anyone except gimmicks and name-calling. They are giant losers.
I have know since I worked for them that the dems were sketchy, but to see how Wasserman-Shultz rigged the nomination process for Hillary and the statist democrats didn't blink an eye pretty much did it in for me. I haven't voted for a democrat since. I won't vote for a democrat. Write-Ins, third party are my lot in life until there is a house cleaning.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:30 PM

He mostly wanted to keep up the "Trump/GOP Shutdown" chant but even MSNBC has been referencing it as the democratic shutdown today LOL

Ethereal
01-22-2018, 08:33 PM

I disagree.

As a party, Republicans are incredibly incompetent and awkward in the way they relate to the general pubilc. They almost always come off as out of touch old white guys, a perception that is often justified. The only reason why Republicans are experiencing any success is because Democrats are a shambolic mess with no clear identity or principles except feverish hatred of Donald Trump.

Ethereal
01-22-2018, 08:38 PM
I have know since I worked for them that the dems were sketchy, but to see how Wasserman-Shultz rigged the nomination process for Hillary and the statist democrats didn't blink an eye pretty much did it in for me. I haven't voted for a democrat since. I won't vote for a democrat. Write-Ins, third party are my lot in life until there is a house cleaning.

I have several threads here supportive of Bernie during the primaries. I was hoping for a Bernie-Trump contest because the political system desperately needs to be shaken up. Lots of the Democrats who now despise me were thanking me left and right when I was saying nice things about Bernie. Now they are like the zombies of Hillary's abortive presidential run, mindlessly spewing forth her anti-Russian propaganda. I am hopeful that eventually the populist left manages to rid the Democrat party of its insanely corrupt leadership. I've been keeping my eyes on Tulsi Gabbard, for example, because of her incredibly brave stands against US interventionism. She was also a Bernie supporter.

Trish
01-22-2018, 08:39 PM
I disagree.

As a party, Republicans are incredibly incompetent and awkward in the way they relate to the general pubilc. They almost always come off as out of touch old white guys, a perception that is often justified. The only reason why Republicans are experiencing any success is because Democrats are a shambolic mess with no clear identity or principles except feverish hatred of Donald Trump.

I won't argue with you but I will say that the Republicans generally don't need the general public's approval. Their districts are so gerrymandered that they only need a small majority's approval.

Regarding the Democrats - They've be a mess for.........well, I can't even remember that far back. lol

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:50 PM
I have several threads here supportive of Bernie during the primaries. I was hoping for a Bernie-Trump contest because the political system desperately needs to be shaken up. Lots of the Democrats who now despise me were thanking me left and right when I was saying nice things about Bernie. Now they are like the zombies of Hillary's abortive presidential run, mindlessly spewing forth her anti-Russian propaganda. I am hopeful that eventually the populist left manages to rid the Democrat party of its insanely corrupt leadership. I've been keeping my eyes on Tulsi Gabbard, for example, because of her incredibly brave stands against US interventionism. She was also a Bernie supporter.
I was Team Bernie but I realistically knew that if he was elected, he would get not much done. In the back of my mind I was hoping Jeb would get the GOP nomination because he at least seemed somewhat reasonable. Trump-Clinton was my worst nightmare pairing other than I knew Trump would beat Clinton. I ended up voting for Stein as a final act of defiance. I have voted for mostly libertarians/independents since.

Grokmaster
01-22-2018, 09:29 PM
Maybe but I also think they lost the message. The democrats NEVER have a message ready for situations like this. It's like they get blindsided every time. I'm absolutely confused that they haven't figured this out by now.

They got their butts handed to them in the last election because of the PC BS so they go with a message that revolves around PC? WHAT?!!!

They were pushing "Daca! Daca! Daca!" as their be all and end all, and realized that they had alienated (no pun intended! ) Americans too late for their attempted "pivot" into pretending that CHIPS was at stake, which it NEVER WAS.

A blatant LIE to try to recover from a failed position is seldom the formula for political success.

rcfieldz
01-22-2018, 09:32 PM
I watched some of Schumer's diatribe.

Grokmaster
01-22-2018, 09:34 PM
I won't argue with you but I will say that the Republicans generally don't need the general public's approval. Their districts are so gerrymandered that they only need a small majority's approval.

Regarding the Democrats - They've be a mess for.........well, I can't even remember that far back. lol
Really? They won the popular vote in 31 states....

Grokmaster
01-22-2018, 09:39 PM
I watched some of Schumer's diatribe.