PDA

View Full Version : SW FL immigrants fear deportation under Trump

resister
01-22-2018, 07:39 PM
. Deport the illegal, criminal invaders in our midst.

Cry me a river, take your ass home and get in line and come thru the front door like the LEGAL AND LAW ABIDING IMMIGRANTS.

The media never mentions the plight of the unfairness to those that go thru the legalities of LEGAL immigration.

MAGA, enough of this crap of just show up. America for Americans first, first and foremost.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/10688766/abc7-exclusive-illegal-immigrant-round-up

Grokmaster
01-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Woohoo !! The Trump Effect. The LAW means something, again.

resister
01-22-2018, 07:55 PM
Anyone around me bragging about being illegal can rest assured I will call the number in my signature. I strongly encourage my fellow Americans to do the same and take our country back.

Tahuyaman
01-22-2018, 08:03 PM
If one is in the US illegally it is a good thing if they fear getting caught and deported. At least it would cause them to be on their best behavior.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:04 PM
. Deport the illegal, criminal invaders in our midst.

Cry me a river, take your ass home and get in line and come thru the front door like the LEGAL AND LAW ABIDING IMMIGRANTS.

The media never mentions the plight of the unfairness to those that go thru the legalities of LEGAL immigration.

MAGA, enough of this crap of just show up. America for Americans first, first and foremost.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/10688766/abc7-exclusive-illegal-immigrant-round-up

I don't really agree with your position, but I do find it funny that they were looking for 1 person, but ended up catching 9 people who didn't show up for their deportation hearing, but not the person they were actually looking for. I am guessing he is none too popular among his former associates these days.

Common
01-22-2018, 08:06 PM
If they are here illegally DEPORT them they dont belong here.

resister
01-22-2018, 08:26 PM
I don't really agree with your position, but I do find it funny that they were looking for 1 person, but ended up catching 9 people who didn't show up for their deportation hearing, but not the person they were actually looking for. I am guessing he is none too popular among his former associates these days.
Why don't you agree, are you a fan of illegals invading and taking over?

Abby08
01-22-2018, 08:28 PM
It's about time they started fearing deportation again.

resister
01-22-2018, 08:30 PM
It's about time they started fearing deportation again.
They got a free pass from Obummer, no more going on camera spouting "I am illegal and I am here to stay"

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Why don't you agree, are you a fan of illegals invading and taking over?

Estimates are that close to half our illegal immigrants entered legally. Half the people you want to boot did exactly what you think they should have. Sometimes people fall out of status because being a slacker, but the INS is a a disaster to have to deal with. It is the true epitome in a bad way of a government bureaucracy. They routinely lose paperwork and make people resubmit it multiple times but it can take months to find out whether or not your paperwork was lost. Immigrants who make every effort to do right very often cannot simply because that part of the government is poorly organized and woefully mismanaged and time runs out on them.

resister
01-22-2018, 08:44 PM
Estimates are that close to half our illegal immigrants entered legally. Half the people you want to boot did exactly what you think they should have. Sometimes people fall out of status because being a slacker, but the INS is a a disaster to have to deal with. It is the true epitome in a bad way of a government bureaucracy. They routinely lose paperwork and make people resubmit it multiple times but it can take months to find out whether or not your paperwork was lost. Immigrants who make every effort to do right very often cannot simply because that part of the government is poorly organized and woefully mismanaged and time runs out on them.
That is no excuse, if I need my ID replaced it is a big PITA but I cant cash a check without it.

Visa expired? Renew it or go home.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 08:48 PM

If they entered legally, how can they be illegal? If they came in on a visa, yes, they came in illegally, but, if they overstayed the visa....they become, illegals.

They are only legal, if, they've been naturalized or, have immigrated here.... legally.

If they're here, working, on a visa, they aren't legal, but, should not fear deportation, as they have permission to be here.

Anyone not fitting these criteria....need to go.

resister
01-22-2018, 08:51 PM
INS needs to come here. Probably 45% of our population is Hispanic. I bet a full 5,000 are illegal (probably a lowball estimate)

Kacper
01-22-2018, 08:51 PM
That is no excuse, if I need my ID replaced it is a big PITA but I cant cash a check without it.

Visa expired? Renew it or go home.

If you sent your drivers license renewal in 4 times and it still wasn't processed until a year after yours expired, you would have a point of reference and a valid analogy.

resister
01-22-2018, 08:53 PM
If you sent your drivers license renewal in 4 times and it still wasn't processed until a year after yours expired, you would have a point of reference and a valid analogy.
Link? Is that common?

Kacper
01-22-2018, 09:01 PM
If they entered legally, how can they be illegal? If they came in on a visa, yes, they came in illegally, but, if they overstayed the visa....they become, illegals.

They are only legal, if, they've been naturalized or, have immigrated here.... legally.

If they're here, working, on a visa, they aren't legal, but, should not fear deportation, as they have permission to be here.

Anyone not fitting these criteria....need to go.
You fall out of status. That may be because your marriage broke up. It could be that you are on a student visa and did something that got you paid reportable income. It could be that you lost the job that brought you here. A change in anything about your situation as it was when you entered could require an adjustment to status. In addition to that, if you get say charged with any crime, you could have to submit that information over and over and over and over again and by the time it actually reaches your file, you are non-compliant because they couldn't process the paperwork they requested properly.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 09:06 PM
Link? Is that common?
Here is one link to one article that discusses just spousal cases which are a higher priority generally. If you want more, you can investigate on your own or sit on your bias, whichever suits you, but yes it is common.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2015/03/11/spousal-immigration-processing-times-cause-frustration/#6830a73c6c78

"Anyone who has dealt with the NVC lately knows that they are severely backlogged. They cannot even look at a piece of urgent mail until it has been in their office for around 2 months. In one case I had, we struggled to get the NVC to expedite an application for a foreign spouse who was dying from cancer so she could join her U.S. citizen sponsor. Urgent e-mails were sent and phone calls were made and still it took four months for the matter to be approved."

resister
01-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Here is one link to one article that discusses just spousal cases which are a higher priority generally. If you want more, you can investigate on your own or sit on your bias, whichever suits you, but yes it is common.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2015/03/11/spousal-immigration-processing-times-cause-frustration/#6830a73c6c78

"Anyone who has dealt with the NVC lately knows that they are severely backlogged. They cannot even look at a piece of urgent mail until it has been in their office for around 2 months. In one case I had, we struggled to get the NVC to expedite an application for a foreign spouse who was dying from cancer so she could join her U.S. citizen sponsor. Urgent e-mails were sent and phone calls were made and still it took four months for the matter to be approved."

So....a giant backlog would tell me, THERE ARE TOO DAMN MANY!!!!

MisterVeritis
01-22-2018, 09:15 PM
They violated their visa agreement. Charge them. Boot them. Never let them return.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:17 PM
If they married just to get to stay and, the marriage ended in divorce, they have to go back.

If they know their visa is about to expire, they make sure they get renewal paperwork in, in plenty of time...how often does it happen, that the paperwork gets lost, not filed, after being turned in?

If you're attending school here, it's up to you, to make sure the proper paperwork is submitted, on time...if you can't manage that, too bad.

I think, it probably doesn't happen very often, that the ball gets dropped.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 09:19 PM
So....a giant backlog would tell me, THERE ARE TOO DAMN MANY!!!!

It is also why there are so many illegals, but at least you are now honest enough to show your xenophobia and ditch that whole pretense that you are fine with legal immigrants. People are simply not willing to wait 11 years to get in legally because of the antiquated quota system when they can come across the border now illegally if given the chance.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:21 PM

Ya see, you do have to resort to insults....'sit on your bias?'

We understand, you're pro illegal immigration, you've stated it, loud and clear, but, other people do have the right to be against it, without being insulted.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:25 PM
It is also why there are so many illegals, but at least you are now honest enough to show your xenophobia and ditch that whole pretense that you are fine with legal immigrants. People are simply not willing to wait 11 years to get in legally because of the antiquated quota system when they can come across the border now illegally if given the chance.

Too damn bad, isn't it? If they want to come here and, it takes 11 years, then, that's what it takes....you don't like it.....STAY HOME!

Illegals should not have the luxury of coming here illegally and, right away, be considered for amnesty, when there ARE people who have been waiting for years.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Ya see, you do have to resort to insults....'sit on your bias?'

We understand, you're pro illegal immigration, you've stated it, loud and clear, but, other people do have the right to be against it, without being insulted.

I see you have nothing to offer to the discussion. Hardly surprising.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:30 PM
I see you have nothing to offer to the discussion. Hardly surprising.

Typical. "I have no answer, so I'll insult, instead."

Kacper
01-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Too damn bad, isn't it? If they want to come here and, it takes 11 years, then, that's what it takes....you don't like it.....STAY HOME!

Illegals should not have the luxury of coming here illegally and, right away, be considered for amnesty, when there ARE people who have been waiting for years.
They aren't staying home. They aren't going to stay home. I know some people like having illegals to look down upon to make themselves feel superior and virtuous, and others heart having people they can exploit, but the reality on the ground is that nobody is stealing American lettuce picking jobs. People actually wanting to work so bad they will break the law just to work must seem foreign to those who feel entitled.

resister
01-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Legal immigration is fine, YOUR bias is only presenting what you want to. I can see this topic is an emotional sore spot for you. There is a good chance you or someone close to you is an illegal.

Kacper
01-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Legal immigration is fine, YOUR bias is only presenting what you want to. I can see this topic is an emotional sore spot for you. There is a good chance you or someone close to you is an illegal.

Nice try, but immigrants are not ruining America. Americans are ruining America. At least immigrants are willing to work.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:39 PM
They aren't staying home. They aren't going to stay home. I know some people like having illegals to look down upon to make themselves feel superior and virtuous, and others heart having people they can exploit, but the reality on the ground is that nobody is stealing American lettuce picking jobs. People actually wanting to work so bad they will break the law just to work must seem foreign to those who feel entitled.

Newsflash....they aren't coming here to pick lettuce anymore....

You're damn right, I'm better than they are...got that out of the way....and, yes, I am entitled, I'm entitled, by virtue of birth, to live in a country not overrun by people who come here illegally and, commit crimes, then can run to a sanctuary city and, get protection....I'm entitled to at least that much.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Nice try, but immigrants are not ruining America. Americans are ruining America. At least immigrants are willing to work.

Then why are so many on welfare? Why do you think all of those pregnant women come here to spawn? So THEY can stay....then, they can apply for welfare for their little anchor.

resister
01-22-2018, 09:43 PM
lol, Kook alert (TM). Having this conversation with you will go nowhere

gamewell45
01-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Who's gonna mow my lawn for me? Maybe I can get some ICE agents to do it. :)

resister
01-22-2018, 09:48 PM
Move near me, I will.

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:48 PM

It's good exercise.

gamewell45
01-22-2018, 09:53 PM
It's good exercise.
I know it is however I have a large piece of land takes a couple of days to do it with the mower I have; either way, just a little late night humor on my part.

rcfieldz
01-22-2018, 09:55 PM
Anyone around me bragging about being illegal can rest assured I will call the number in my signature. I strongly encourage my fellow Americans to do the same and take our country back.
I will only call if the immigrant is waving something and yelling like, "Allah Akbar - Death To America"!

Abby08
01-22-2018, 09:56 PM
I know it is however I have a large piece of land takes a couple of days to do it with the mower I have; either way, just a little late night humor on my part.

That's exactly how I took it! We have 6 acres, that's why we have a tractor, with a mower attachment.

gamewell45
01-22-2018, 09:59 PM
That's exactly how I took it! We have 6 acres, that's why we have a tractor, with a mower attachment.

Eh, not me, just an old fashion push mower of course I only have a little over three acres compared to your six.. At least it has an engine on it as opposed to one of those old rotary manual one's I used to use in my youth. :)

Abby08
01-22-2018, 10:06 PM
Eh, not me, just an old fashion push mower of course I only have a little over three acres compared to your six.. At least it has an engine on it as opposed to one of those old rotary manual one's I used to use in my youth. :)

You do 3 acres with a push mower? Motor or not, that's got to be rough.

I remember those push mowers, they used to be all we had.

gamewell45
01-22-2018, 10:28 PM
You do 3 acres with a push mower? Motor or not, that's got to be rough.

I remember those push mowers, they used to be all we had.

Yeah and my property is on the side of a mountain so it's not exactly flat lol. Hence that is why I only mow the entire plot of land once a month. One of these days I'll break down and visit my local John Deere dealer and buy one of those fancy tractors!

resister
01-22-2018, 10:37 PM
Yeah and my property is on the side of a mountain so it's not exactly flat lol. Hence that is why I only mow the entire plot of land once a month. One of these days I'll break down and visit my local John Deere dealer and buy one of those fancy tractors!
Save $ gain health! 22403

Abby08
01-22-2018, 10:47 PM

Now that's, a riding mower!

resister
01-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Now that's, a riding mower!
Make it a fixed gear and have reverse!
https://youtu.be/hbYyrgsQY00

Tahuyaman
01-22-2018, 11:49 PM
If they are here illegally DEPORT them they dont belong here. I agree, but if current policy forces them to behave, cool.

gamewell45
01-23-2018, 12:00 AM

Now your talking!

Agent Zero
01-23-2018, 12:27 AM
I find a large helping of irony in a convicted felon meth head talking about law abiding citizens.

Right Kris?

resister
01-23-2018, 12:39 AM
I find a large helping of irony in a convicted felon meth head talking about law abiding citizens.

Right Kris?
Been clean 4 years, make note of it. Did my time and paid my debt to society.

You and your type are fine with criminals walking around freely and never facing justice. As such a fan of law and order, I find your position, incredibly ironic.

Some crimes are just fine even when offenders walk around and face no justice, yet others who have paid their debt and did their time, are fair game for your brand of ridicule, a decade and a half later? lol

Bethere
01-23-2018, 12:45 AM

Right Kris?

The vast majority of illegal aliens are invisible employed hard-working supporters of their families.

resister
01-23-2018, 12:52 AM
The vast majority of illegal aliens are invisible employed hard-working supporters of their families.
Tell Kate Steinly, you will need a oujie board. Illegal invaders are bankrupting the welfare system.

Is "invisible employed" code for pays no SS or income taxes? If they do, using an appropriated SS# is another crime.

jimmyz
01-23-2018, 12:52 AM

In my family we mowed our lawn ourselves.

Bethere
01-23-2018, 12:56 AM
Did you hear that? I thought I heard something! A slight breeze, a flicker of the candle.

Nah, it was nothing.

resister
01-23-2018, 12:59 AM

Tell Kate Steinly, you will need a oujie board. Illegal invaders are bankrupting the welfare system.

Is "invisible employed" code for pays no SS or income taxes? If they do, using an appropriated SS# is another crime.

Did you hear that? I thought I heard something! A slight breeze, a flicker of the candle.

Nah, it was nothing.
Exactly.

Tahuyaman
01-23-2018, 01:15 AM

How do you know? Just guessing?

resister
01-23-2018, 01:17 AM
How do you know? Just guessing?
Pelosi and Obama told him.

Tahuyaman
01-23-2018, 01:22 AM
Pelosi and Obama told him.

Have you seen Pelosi lately? She's showing all the signs of a mental illness or just plain old dementia.

resister
01-23-2018, 01:23 AM
Have you seen Pelosi lately? She's showing all the signs of a mental illness or just plain old dementia.
I bet she scares small children.

Tahuyaman
01-23-2018, 01:28 AM
I bet she scares small children.

She scares me. Just consider this.... There's a Mr Pelosi. Could you imagine that horror?

resister
01-23-2018, 01:29 AM
She scares me. Just consider this.... There's a Mr Pelosi. Could you imagine that horror?
I physically shuddered.

gamewell45
01-23-2018, 02:18 AM
In my family we mowed our lawn ourselves.

How much lawn did you have?

resister
01-23-2018, 02:21 AM
How much lawn did you have?

Mowed 3 and a half acres as a kid, 3,700 sq ft house. GOD I hated raking leaves. Big live oaks all over the property. Sadly, it was sold and chopped into lots, that old dirt road is paved and you can never go home.

gamewell45
01-23-2018, 02:36 AM
Mowed 3 and a half acres as a kid, 3,700 sq ft house. GOD I hated raking leaves. Big live oaks all over the property. Sadly, it was sold and chopped into lots, that old dirt road is paved and you can never go home.

Ahh...so you can relate to my angst. I hate mowing the lawn even tho' I know it has to be done. I hope at least your lawn was flat and not sloped like mine is.

resister
01-23-2018, 02:49 AM
Ahh...so you can relate to my angst. I hate mowing the lawn even tho' I know it has to be done. I hope at least your lawn was flat and not sloped like mine is.
It was, central Fl. Mature pine trees, fairly open.

You get a tractor, be care on those slopes. I would just mow a couple times a season if it aint a code issue.

gamewell45
01-23-2018, 02:51 AM
It was, central Fl. Mature pine trees, fairly open.

You get a tractor, be care on those slopes. I would just mow a couple times a season if it aint a code issue.

I'm actually considering hiring a local farmer to come in and brush hog it twice this coming summer; at least most of it anyhow. The remainder i'll use the reg mower. I'm not getting any younger and those hills seem like mountains to me in the hot summer time weather. :)

DGUtley
01-23-2018, 08:33 AM
I find a large helping of irony in a convicted felon meth head talking about law abiding citizens. Right Kris?

NOTICE - @Agent Zero (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1857) TB'd for bad faith and rules-violation posting

Cannons Front
01-23-2018, 12:05 PM

No but they are stealing many construction jobs among others. I am sick of hearing that the illegals are all here doing jobs Americans don't want and vegetable picker is always the one mentioned. So tell me how many migrant worker jobs do you think there are in the US.
"It is estimated that 5% of the U.S. work force, and 14 - 25% of construction workers are illegal aliens." https://www.markupandprofit.com/blog/undocumented-illegal-workers-construction

resister
01-23-2018, 12:28 PM
No but they are stealing many construction jobs among others. I am sick of hearing that the illegals are all here doing jobs Americans don't want and vegetable picker is always the one mentioned. So tell me how many migrant worker jobs do you think there are in the US.
"It is estimated that 5% of the U.S. work force, and 14 - 25% of construction workers are illegal aliens." https://www.markupandprofit.com/blog/undocumented-illegal-workers-construction
They take many restaurant jobs, also. The left always misrepresents immigration issues, from actual #'s here, to the fruit picker argument among others.

Abby08
01-23-2018, 12:30 PM

Most agricultural jobs don't require actually going to the fields and, 'picking.' they now have, for some time now, machinery that does that...goes down the rows, picking the produce and, through a chute, puts into the trucks.

I'm from, what is known as, "the salad bowl of the world,"....miles, upin miles, of produce fields, there are very few actual people out there.

The actual work, would be in the processing sheds, where the produce is sorted, cleaned/trimmed and, bagged/wrapped, for shipment.

There are illegals working in those places, but, there's a bigger LEGAL population, many being white men and women... mostly women in the sheds doing processing work....men are more apt to be driving forklifts and, loading trucks.

If the illegals were deported, legal citizens would gladly step into those positions.

resister
01-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Most agricultural jobs don't require actually going to the fields and, 'picking.' they now have, for some time now, machinery that does that...goes down the rows, picking the produce and, through a chute, puts into the trucks.

I'm from, what is known as, "the salad bowl of the world,"....miles, upin miles, of produce fields, there are very few actual people out there.

The actual work, would be in the processing sheds, where the produce is sorted, cleaned/trimmed and, bagged/wrapped, for shipment.

There are illegals working in those places, but, there's a bigger LEGAL population, many being white men and women... mostly women in the sheds doing processing work....men are more apt to be driving forklifts and, loading trucks.

If the illegals were deported, legal citizens would gladly step into those positions.
Oranges and watermelons and I think tomatoes still require manual harvesting, this time of year, Arcadia looks like little mexico. They walk down the street in groups 8 deep.

Abby08
01-23-2018, 12:46 PM
Oranges and watermelons and I think tomatoes still require manual harvesting, this time of year, Arcadia looks like little mexico. They walk down the street in groups 8 deep.

Some things a machine can't do, I suppose. Lettuce, cauliflower, peppers and, the Roma tomatoes, are done with machines.

My hometown is almost completely taken over by illegals that came to "work" and stayed, whole families got here that way. I won't go there again, ever, it's too dangerous.

Abby08
01-23-2018, 12:48 PM

How many go back home, when the season ends?

gamewell45
01-23-2018, 12:50 PM

Why are businessmen hiring illegals in the first place??

Abby08
01-23-2018, 12:53 PM
Why are businessmen hiring illegals in the first place??

That's the root of the problem. Illegals are hired, of course, because they can pay them less. Serious fines and jail time, for employers, should stop that. Why is it not happening? I don't know.

gamewell45
01-23-2018, 12:57 PM
That's the root of the problem. Illegals are hired, of course, because they can pay them less. Serious fines and jail time, for employers, should stop that. Why is it not happening? I don't know.

I might be wrong, but I've always felt that the US Chamber of Commerce has some sort of influence in preventing certain laws from being passed tightening up the hiring of illegals here. It benefits businesses if they can keep costs as low as possible, especially if they are paid under the table or below minimum wage.

I'd bet that if no one would hire illegals, you'd see some sort of drop in illegals entering the country since some of them enter just to earn a living and send their earnings home to their families.

resister
01-23-2018, 01:02 PM
How many go back home, when the season ends?
Maybe 30%, they follow crops north. The same groups stay in the same houses. They have a code exception that lets way more inhabit a house than is otherwise legal. The house sit vacant in the offseason.

DGUtley
01-23-2018, 01:23 PM
I might be wrong, but I've always felt that the US Chamber of Commerce has some sort of influence in preventing certain laws from being passed tightening up the hiring of illegals here. It benefits businesses if they can keep costs as low as possible, especially if they are paid under the table or below minimum wage.

I'd bet that if no one would hire illegals, you'd see some sort of drop in illegals entering the country since some of them enter just to earn a living and send their earnings home to their families.

If lettuce should cost 20% to 30% more to pay a fair wage to Americans and/or permanent residents and/or legal residents, then I'm good paying more. Things cost what they cost. Legal wages should be a component of that cost. We should hit the businesses also, hard.

resister
01-23-2018, 01:30 PM
If lettuce should cost 20% to 30% more to pay a fair wage to Americans and/or permanent residents and/or legal residents, then I'm good paying more. Things cost what they cost. Legal wages should be a component of that cost. We should hit the businesses also, hard.
This is the one area I am disappointed in Trump, but then again no one has ever proposed going hard after the employers (that I know of) To much big $ at stake.

Captdon
01-23-2018, 01:40 PM

Excuses.

Captdon
01-23-2018, 01:42 PM

Legal immigration is fine. It's the other asses we complain about. They need to go home. They need to get out of my country.

Captdon
01-23-2018, 01:46 PM

I don't feel entitled, I am entitled to be here. They aren't. I don't look down my nose at them at all. They don't belong here and your sobbing can't change that. This is my country not theirs.

Why do they wave Mexican flags? If they want to be US citizens what the Mexican flag? You know as well as I do they only want the benefits of working here.

The Xl
01-23-2018, 01:46 PM
There is nuance is this situation. People who came here not of their own will shouldn't be deported with no discretion.

Captdon
01-23-2018, 01:47 PM

Liberals are ruining this country.

resister
01-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Liberals are ruining this country.
Bingo, the Democrat party is a criminal organization.