PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Bill Kristol Says Tucker Carlson’s Show Is ‘Close Now to Racism'

gamewell45
01-26-2018, 02:04 AM
I remember Tucker when he was a little bow tied fellow on MSNBC pushing their agenda and then watched him metaphorical into a hard core conservative talker

One of the right-wing's ideological leaders slammed Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday for hosting a nightly show that is , saying that is "close now to racism."
Conservative pundit Bill Kristol admitted that the bow-tied Carlson was "one of the most gifted" young reporters he had seen, but added that he could not defend the approach of Carlson's show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, which often targets left-leaning media and has defended White House policies that others have called racist.
"I mean, it is close now to racism, white—I mean, I don't know if it's racism exactly—but ethno-nationalism of some kind, let's call it," Kristol told CNBC (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/bill-kristol-takes-on-fox-news-tucker-carlson.html) in an interview released Thursday. "A combination of dumbing down ... and stirring people's emotions in a very unhealthy way."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/conservative-bill-kristol-says-tucker-170121635.html

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 04:08 AM
Conservative Bill Kristol Says Tucker Carlson’s Show Is ‘Close Now to Racism'
Lol...

Common
01-26-2018, 04:25 AM
Bill Crystal and Tucker Carlson have been competitors for years, both run conservative blogs. Crystal has been totally diminished since trump announced his candidacy. Crystal like other neocons did their best to discredit trump and he still does. Tucker Carlson has rightfully demonstrated on his show how Crystal twists the truth and his hypocrisy.

Crystal has been lashing out at many of those on the right of late as his influence keeps diminishing

DGUtley
01-26-2018, 04:32 AM
Kristol is not a ‘conservative leader’.

Hoosier8
01-26-2018, 05:55 AM
I remember Tucker when he was a little bow tied fellow on MSNBC pushing their agenda and then watched him metaphorical into a hard core conservative talker

One of the right-wing's ideological leaders slammed Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday for hosting a nightly show that is , saying that is "close now to racism."
Conservative pundit Bill Kristol admitted that the bow-tied Carlson was "one of the most gifted" young reporters he had seen, but added that he could not defend the approach of Carlson's show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, which often targets left-leaning media and has defended White House policies that others have called racist.
"I mean, it is close now to racism, white—I mean, I don't know if it's racism exactly—but ethno-nationalism of some kind, let's call it," Kristol told CNBC (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/bill-kristol-takes-on-fox-news-tucker-carlson.html) in an interview released Thursday. "A combination of dumbing down ... and stirring people's emotions in a very unhealthy way."

Trump turning the elitist conservatives into left wing loons!

Crepitus
01-26-2018, 09:09 AM

Is this like when Common posts something Dershowitz said as if it he is handing down liberal prophecy from on high?

DGUtley
01-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Is this like when @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) posts something Dershowitz said as if it he is handing down liberal prophecy from on high?

I don't recall what you are referencing, but it might be?

Grokmaster
01-26-2018, 09:22 AM
Kristol is an establishment republican, never-Trumper. Of course he hates Carlson...

Crepitus
01-26-2018, 09:25 AM
I don't recall what you are referencing, but it might be?

Let me refresh your memory:

Dershowitz: Mueller Has A ‘Credibility Problem’ (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92659-Dershowitz-Mueller-Has-A-%E2%80%98Credibility-Problem%E2%80%99?highlight=dershowitz)

Dershowitz Wants Independent Investigation of Mueller Probe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92489-Dershowitz-Wants-Independent-Investigation-of-Mueller-Probe?highlight=dershowitz)

Dershowitz Slams Feinstein Over Obstruction Argument (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92075-Dershowitz-Slams-Feinstein-Over-Obstruction-Argument?highlight=dershowitz)
Dershewitiz : Travel ban should have been upheld (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/80641-Dershewitiz-Travel-ban-should-have-been-upheld?highlight=dershowitz)

That enough to remind you?

LOL

Common
01-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Is this like when @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) posts something Dershowitz said as if it he is handing down liberal prophecy from on high?
Not even close Dershewitz is a Harvard Legal Professor who has quite the liberal credentials over decades.
Crystal is a pundit. Dershewitz speaks from a LEGAL POSITION not a PERSONAL position like Crystal does.

Do you understand the difference gamewell45 and Crepitus ?

One is making judgements on the law and the other on whatever whooshs out of his ass.

Mister D
01-26-2018, 11:39 AM
Kristol is a Jew. Enough said.

gamewell45
01-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Not even close Dershewitz is a Harvard Legal Professor who has quite the liberal credentials over decades.
Crystal is a pundit. Dershewitz speaks from a LEGAL POSITION not a PERSONAL position like Crystal does.

Do you understand the difference @gamewell45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=276) and @Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345) ?

One is making judgements on the law and the other on whatever whooshs out of his ass.
Even though Dershowitz may have excellent credentials, he is human and human's do make errors from time to time; I'm sure he'd admit that. I likewise agree that Crystal is a pundit/commentator who is paid to comment on the news and like Dershowitz is capable of making errors and I'm sure he'd admit to that as well. I think it is a two-way street.

Crepitus
01-26-2018, 12:12 PM

Do you understand the difference gamewell45 and Crepitus ?

Lol. I get it, I really do. I understand that one supports your bias and the other doesn't. I'm sorry you can't see past that, but I understand it.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 12:15 PM

Correct. He is an establishment Republican pundit.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 12:19 PM
I wonder if Kristol has the guts to go on Carlson's show and argue his case?

gamewell45
01-26-2018, 01:42 PM

I wonder if Kristol has the guts to go on Carlson's show and argue his case?
I love the concept and I think it would make for good viewing as well.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 01:49 PM
I love the concept and I think it would make for good viewing as well.
It would be good TV, but I don't believe Kristol would agree to face him. His accusation can't be supported. He's smart enough to know Carlson would make him look foolish.

Kacper
01-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Tucker dances for whoever will hire him. If I am paying someone's check, though, they better dance for me, so I at least get that. Gotta pay them bills, bills, bills.

gamewell45
01-26-2018, 02:08 PM
It would be good TV, but I don't believe Kristol would agree to face him. His accusation can't be supported. He's smart enough to know Carlson would make him look foolish.

Too bad, i'd willingly supply the popcorn.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 02:10 PM

How is that relevant?

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 02:11 PM
Tucker dances for whoever will hire him. If I am paying someone's check, though, they better dance for me, so I at least get that. Gotta pay them bills, bills, bills.

Ok, who is he dancing for on his current show?

gamewell45
01-26-2018, 02:11 PM

Spot on. I think in most cases whoever offers the most money would them to change hats, although some like Rush and Hannity are firmly committed to their political persuasion and would remain to their listener bases since if they changed they would never be accepted by the new audiences. Just my thoughts on the issue.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Spot on. I think in most cases whoever offers the most money would them to change hats, although some like Rush and Hannity are firmly committed to their political persuasion and would remain to their listener bases since if they changed they would never be accepted by the new audiences. Just my thoughts on the issue.
Carlson is too effective and consistent with his arguments to be faking it.

gamewell45
01-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Carlson is too effective and consistent with his arguments to be faking it.
I think he is being genuine; I furthermore feel that while at MSNBC he was frustrated because he most likely did not agree with the editorial policy in effect. I think Fox is a much better fit for him.

Tahuyaman
01-26-2018, 02:25 PM
I think he is being genuine; I furthermore feel that while at MSNBC he was frustrated because he most likely did not agree with the editorial policy in effect. I think Fox is a much better fit for him.

MSNBC is a place where one needs to toe the liberal line. It is a virtual echo chamber.

Captdon
01-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Let me refresh your memory:

Dershowitz: Mueller Has A ‘Credibility Problem’ (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92659-Dershowitz-Mueller-Has-A-‘Credibility-Problem’?highlight=dershowitz)

Dershowitz Wants Independent Investigation of Mueller Probe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92489-Dershowitz-Wants-Independent-Investigation-of-Mueller-Probe?highlight=dershowitz)

Dershowitz Slams Feinstein Over Obstruction Argument (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92075-Dershowitz-Slams-Feinstein-Over-Obstruction-Argument?highlight=dershowitz)

Dershewitiz : Travel ban should have been upheld (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/80641-Dershewitiz-Travel-ban-should-have-been-upheld?highlight=dershowitz)

That enough to remind you?

LOL

He was the liberal darling until he started to say things they didn't want to hear.

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 01:09 PM
He was the liberal darling until he started to say things they didn't want to hear.

Dershowitz is still quite liberal. He's just a liberal who is truly an expert on the law.

Crepitus
01-27-2018, 01:39 PM

He's wholly owned by faux noise.

Captdon
01-27-2018, 04:20 PM
How is that relevant?

To you or him?

Captdon
01-27-2018, 04:23 PM
MSNBC is a place where one needs to toe the liberal line. It is a virtual echo chamber.

MSNBC is where thinkers go to die.

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:18 PM
He's wholly owned by faux noise.

Lol.... You are predictable.

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:20 PM
MSNBC is where thinkers go to die.

Nothing thought provoking is ever uttered there. No one ever watches anything on MSNBC and comes away thinking "that was an interesting idea".

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:25 PM

How is that relevant?

To you or him?

To anyone.

Maybe I should ask why anyone would think that's relevant?

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:29 PM
How is that relevant?
Jewish organizations have supported mass immigration for well over a century. That's how. Neoconservatism is also a largely Jewish phenomenon at least in terms of its origins. Again, Americans never thought of their country as a "propositional nation" open to anyone and everyone.

oi vey...

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:37 PM
Those evil Joooz.

They are the one group which it is still ok to be stereotyped and prejudged.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Those evil Joooz.

They are the one group which it is still ok to be stereotyped and prejudged.
No, just stating a fact. Make what you want of it. I don't take Kristol seriously.

Must you always kiss Jewish ass? What is it with evangelicals? They don't even like you! :laugh:

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:43 PM
No, just stating a fact. Make what you want of it. I don't take Kristol seriously.

Must you always kiss Jewish ass? What is it with evangelicals? They don't even like you! :laugh:

I knew you would go there. It's who you are..... No, it's what you are.

Chloe
01-27-2018, 05:44 PM

So am I. I don't think religion has anything to do with this topic.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:46 PM
It's not his religion that concerns me.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:47 PM
I knew you would go there. It's who you are..... No, it's what you are.
Why wouldn't I go there? It's the strangest thing about evangelicals. It is bound to cause comment.

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Why wouldn't I go there? It's the strangest thing about evangelicals. It is bound to cause comment.

I have no idea idea where you get these strange ideas. You are the one who inserted a person's religious faith into this. It is irrelevant.

Bethere
01-27-2018, 05:49 PM

I knew you were going to say that.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:50 PM
I have no idea idea where you get these strange ideas. You are the one who inserted a person's religious faith into this. It is irrelevant.

I said nothing about his faith.

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 05:50 PM

It's not his religion that concerns me. So, you insert his religious faith, then claim its of no concern to you. Why mention it in the first place? Do all of those Joooz think the same things?

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:51 PM
So, you insert his religious faith, then claim its of no concern to you. Why mention it in the first place? Do all of those Joooz think the same things?

Chloe
01-27-2018, 05:53 PM
Being Jewish is not a race or a disease or a private club. So if you aren't talking about faith you are taking about possible stereotypes or something i'm completely unaware of.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 05:56 PM
Being Jewish is not a race or a disease or a private club. So if you aren't talking about faith you are taking about possible stereotypes or something i'm completely unaware of.
Jews are a distinct people. Studies have demonstrated that. Now I understand your fear but it's really time to get over it. Seriously.

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 06:01 PM
I knew you were going to say that.
I know....

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Jews are a distinct people. Studies have demonstrated that. Now I understand your fear but it's really time to get over it. Seriously.

Yep, they are monolithic.

Sheesh.......

zelmo1234
01-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Tucker is willing to have an open and honest conversation about race. He dares utter the Dream of Dr. King that a man will be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin. It is said that the Greatest Lie that the Devil made, was getting people to believe that he does not exist.

I will say that a close second is the Democrats convincing the USA that they are the party that is conserved with the lives of Minorities. If you look at what they support it is very clear that They still do not have the welfare of POC at heart I will list a few policies.

#1 Their attack or distain for the Traditional and/or Christian Family Unit. It is well know that children do the very best in families that have a mother and a father. Non only have they tried to do away with this but they have convinced mothers that the welfare program more than makes up for a father in the home. This is particularly evident in inner cities among POC, and it makes it nearly impossible for them to break the bonds of poverty.

#2 The Educational system. The DNC has long supported failing schools and social promotion of students. The insures that once again systems in poor areas that have a large population of POC will have high drop out rates ad the educations is sub standard for those that do graduate. School of choice could end this and level the playing field in ONE generation Yet Democrats will fight this to the death.

#3 Victim theology. They have done a tremendous job in convincing POC that they can't possible every make it on their own. They have take the very American dream that this country was founded on away from an entire class of people.

#4 the poverty based SS system. I have covered this in another article but the Democrats fight against giving the people control of their earnings. allowing them to have the same chance a providing for their children as the rest of the people this is outright theft of capital to allow POC to break the bonds of poverty.

#5 Abortion, which has always targeted POC to keep them in continual and generational minority that they left can manipulate.

If you look at the policies that the parties support it is very easy to see what party wants the treat them as second class citizens.

Tucker is willing to have this debate and the left is not going let this stand. The power of them labeling a person Racist in the past was devastating, but today they have over played that card so much the few even pay attendion

Tahuyaman
01-27-2018, 06:04 PM

You're wasting your time. He has his prejudices and that's not going to change.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Yep, they are monolithic.

Sheesh.......
What? lol

Kristol believes in your "propositional nation". No...I should you believe in Kristol's propositional nation. :wink:

Mister D
01-27-2018, 06:06 PM
You're wasting your time. He has his prejudices and that's not going to change.
Assuming that's true, why should it?

countryboy
01-27-2018, 06:11 PM

Bill Kristol has been off the reservation for some time now.

Crepitus thanked your post, that pretty much all I need to know.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 06:12 PM

Ouch. It does say a lot though.

countryboy
01-27-2018, 06:13 PM
Exactly. He has become nothing more than an establishment hack.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 06:19 PM

Perhaps but his influence on contemporary conservatism shouldn't be underestimated.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 06:19 PM

Perhaps but his influence on contemporary conservatism shouldn't be underestimated.

countryboy
01-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Calling Carlson "racist" is libspeak. I hereby revoke his conservative card.

Mister D
01-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Calling Carlson "racist" is libspeak. I hereby revoke his conservative card.

Indeed, it is libspeak but that's ponly because Kristol and his followers have long been defeated in detail. Neoconservatism represents a surrender to the left on virtually everything except for market "freedom". Oh, that and dropping up Israel.

Agent Zero
01-27-2018, 06:45 PM

Do you understand the difference @gamewell45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=276) and @Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345) ?

a. It's Kristol

b. It's Dershowitz

Both are talking heads.

gamewell45
01-27-2018, 06:52 PM

Thank you; I always think its a nice thing to do thanking someone for their contribution whether you agree or not. After all we are here to exchange viewpoints and as I'm sure you know, you always attract more bee's with honey as opposed to vinegar.

Thanks again for your input.

Crepitus
01-27-2018, 07:11 PM

And correct.

countryboy
01-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Thank you; I always think its a nice thing to do thanking someone for their contribution whether you agree or not. After all we are here to exchange viewpoints and as I'm sure you know, you always attract more bee's with honey as opposed to vinegar.

Thanks again for your input.

Just so we're clear, I meant no offense towards you. You presented the thread topic in an entirely unbiased manner. I was merely observing what Crepitus' thanks likely represented. The way I see it, he was agreeing with Kristol's allegarion that Carlson is a racist. The same way libs often accuse cons of "hating brown people", simply because we favor merit based immigration policy.

gamewell45
01-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Just so we're clear, I meant no offense towards you. You presented the thread topic in an entirely unbiased manner. I was merely observing what Crepitus' thanks likely represented. The way I see it, he was agreeing with Kristol's allegarion that Carlson is a racist. The same way libs often accuse cons of "hating brown people", simply because we favor merit based immigration policy.
No problem; I didn't take it as such but nonetheless thanks for your posting on it.

Trish
01-27-2018, 07:40 PM
IMO, talking heads like Tucker Carlson frame issues in a way to appease to their audience primarily for ratings which equates to more money for them. There doesn't seem to be much dignity on the airwaves or on these type of programs. They do the country a disservice.

We should all turn off the t.v.'s, the radio's and the smart phones and get out there and talk with people face to face like we used to communicate.

gamewell45
01-27-2018, 08:24 PM
We should all turn off the t.v.'s, the radio's and the smart phones and get out there and talk with people face to face like we used to communicate.
I agree wholeheartedly; I've always felt that one on one contact is the best way to communicate.

resister
01-27-2018, 08:36 PM
a. It's Kristol

b. It's Dershowitz

Both are talking heads.
Hey Crep! Here is one of those spelling people for you to, chastise. Oh, my bad he is another fellow lefty, nevermind...:rollseyes:

gamewell45
01-27-2018, 09:03 PM
I agree wholeheartedly; I've always felt that one on one contact is the best way to communicate.

Ransom
01-28-2018, 06:10 AM

Fake news.

Who assigns 'One of the right-wing's ideological leaders'

Does he carry a sign that says "Ideological leader?" Does the banner under his name say that? Was he introduced by Joy or Rachael as an "Ideological leader?"