PDA

View Full Version : tPF Do We Need Another Racist In the Senate?

Agent Zero
01-28-2018, 04:58 PM
I remember this guy from a few years ago when he tried to run hispanics out of his town. Didn't go to good for him. Now he's the frontrunner for a senate seat????

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/politics/kfile-lou-barletta-american-free-press/index.html

(CNN)Rep. Lou Barletta, an immigration hardliner running in a crowded US Senate primary in Pennsylvania, came in contact over the years with fringe organizations and individuals with views far outside the mainstream of American politics, a CNN KFile review of his public appearances over the past decade reveals.Prior to serving in Congress for the last seven years, Barletta was the mayor of Hazleton, Pennsylvania, where he enacted tough measures to crack down on illegal immigration, including an act that allowed the city to impose fines on landlords who rented to undocumented immigrants and deny permits to businesses who employed them (the ordinance was struck down in federal court).
As mayor, Barletta did an interview with a fringe publication that promotes Holocaust denial and headlined a rally where a political activist and musician who has questioned the Holocaust and promoted conspiracies about the September 11, 2001 attacks also spoke and performed. As a congressman, Barletta appeared on a panel put on by the controversial Youth for Western Civilization and spoke at an event hosted by a journal that pushes extreme anti-immigrant views.

Barletta was an early supporter of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and Trump's immigration agenda. His position has garnered him praise from fellow immigration hardliners in the Republican Party and attracted criticism from immigrant activists and civil liberties groups.

I predict he'll lose.

Chris
01-28-2018, 05:14 PM
Being against illegals is racist? Since when?

Agent Zero
01-28-2018, 05:18 PM

No. Learn to read.

Barletta did an interview with a fringe publication that promotes Holocaust denial and headlined a rally where a political activist and musician who has questioned the Holocaust and promoted conspiracies about the September 11, 2001 attacks also spoke and performed. As a congressman, Barletta appeared on a panel put on by the controversial Youth for Western Civilization and spoke at an event hosted by a journal that pushes extreme anti-immigrant views.

Agent Zero
01-28-2018, 05:19 PM
No. Learn to read.

Barletta did an interview with a fringe publication that promotes Holocaust denial and headlined a rally where a political activist and musician who has questioned the Holocaust and promoted conspiracies about the September 11, 2001 attacks also spoke and performed. As a congressman, Barletta appeared on a panel put on by the controversial Youth for Western Civilization and spoke at an event hosted by a journal that pushes extreme anti-immigrant views.
Not to mention an endorsement from David Duke.

Chris
01-28-2018, 05:21 PM
No. Learn to read.

Ah, so being a conspiracist is racist. Since when?

Chris
01-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Not to mention an endorsement from David Duke.

Oh, well, now, that's terrible.

Agent Zero
01-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Ah, so being a conspiracist is racist. Since when?

Possibly. But being a Holocaust denier, 9-11 denier, and supporter of racist groups such as the KKK is definitely racist.

Crepitus
01-28-2018, 05:50 PM
I remember this guy from a few years ago when he tried to run hispanics out of his town. Didn't go to good for him. Now he's the frontrunner for a senate seat????

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/politics/kfile-lou-barletta-american-free-press/index.html

I predict he'll lose.

We don't, but the republicans sure do. It helps keep their white supremacist arm happy as well as securing them more votes against immigration.

Chris
01-28-2018, 06:03 PM
We don't, but the republicans sure do. It helps keep their white supremacist arm happy as well as securing them more votes against immigration.

What white supremacist arm?

Reps, cons even moreso, tend to reject racism and racists like Duke.

zelmo1234
01-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Those poor, poor people

The will only have a choice between the Racist that the GOP is running and the Communist that will be supported by the DNC

Now I am not saying that the man is or is not racist, I don't know, but I can tell you that any left wing media outlet or supporter well not make a difference by crying racist.

They call everyone that is not a Democrat Racist. But when someone like Joe Biden Gets caught on open mic telling Clinton that Obama would be serving the coffee, they make him vice president. So thinking people even consider the accusation of racism by the left anymore

Crepitus
01-28-2018, 08:01 PM
What white supremacist arm?

Reps, cons even moreso, tend to reject racism and racists like Duke.

Um no, they don't.

resister
01-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Those poor, poor people

The will only have a choice between the Racist that the GOP is running and the Communist that will be supported by the DNC

Now I am not saying that the man is or is not racist, I don't know, but I can tell you that any left wing media outlet or supporter well not make a difference by crying racist.

They call everyone that is not a Democrat Racist. But when someone like Joe Biden Gets caught on open mic telling Clinton that Obama would be serving the coffee, they make him vice president. So thinking people even consider the accusation of racism by the left anymore
^This ^ all day folks!

Agent Zero
01-28-2018, 09:25 PM
Those poor, poor people

“Joe Biden Gets caught on open mic telling Clinton that Obama would be serving the coffee,”

Thats News to me!

source?

resister
01-28-2018, 09:40 PM
“Joe Biden Gets caught on open mic telling Clinton that Obama would be serving the coffee,”

Thats News to me!

source?

Actually, it was your hero, Bill Clinton that said it. Try google, the overwhelming majority of news watchers are well aware of it.

MisterVeritis
01-28-2018, 10:04 PM
A more relevant question might be, do we need another racist on this board?

Are you Cigar?

Abby08
01-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Um no, they don't.

This one does.

Chris
01-28-2018, 10:33 PM
Um no, they don't.

Um, you're confused with Democrats.

zelmo1234
01-28-2018, 10:43 PM
Thats News to me!source?

Many Apologies It was Clinton to Ted Kennedy....
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/bill-clinton-told-ted-kennedy-obama-coffee-years-game-change-article-1.197492

Biden has a list of his own

http://nation.foxnews.com/joe-biden/2012/08/17/top-5-racist-biden-gaffes

Kacper
01-28-2018, 10:49 PM

I predict he'll lose.

Maybe but since this came from a reporter who stalked down and tried to blackmail a reddit user for making a meme he didn't like, I take his piece with a very big grain of salt. Ultimately it is up to the people of Pennsylvania and I am not one of them.

Crepitus
01-28-2018, 11:48 PM
This one does.

I am pleased to hear that, now if you could only convince all your fellows....

Crepitus
01-28-2018, 11:52 PM
Um, you're confused with Democrats.

Come on man, you are being extremely disingenuous. There's a conservative here who has screen named himself after Nathan Bedford Forrest for goodness sake. You know as well as I that there are others here as well plus who knows how many who have been banned for overt racism since I got here

resister
01-29-2018, 12:12 AM
Come on man, you are being extremely disingenuous. There's a conservative here who has screen named himself after Nathan Bedford Forrest for goodness sake. You know as well as I that there are others here as well plus who knows how many who have been banned for overt racism since I got here
Got some very racist, self loathing white liberals, too. Also some racist of a darker shade, as well.

Refugee
01-29-2018, 02:29 AM
No. Learn to read. Barletta did an interview with a fringe publication that promotes Holocaust denial and headlined a rally where a political activist and musician who has questioned the Holocaust and promoted conspiracies about the September 11, 2001 attacks also spoke and performed. As a congressman, Barletta appeared on a panel put on by the controversial Youth for Western Civilization and spoke at an event hosted by a journal that pushes extreme anti-immigrant views.

Holocaust denial, anti-mass immigration, Western civilisation ... Hey, that sounds a bit like me. You have my permission to use it as your signature line. :)

A few years ago Obama tried to pass himself off as a Messiah (http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/), which is more than Nathan Forrest did.

resister
01-29-2018, 02:32 AM
Holocaust denial, anti-mass immigration, Western civilisation ... Hey, that sounds a bit like me. You have my permission to use it as your signature line. :)
Can I use your post realizing me as the one in my 10 commandments thread?

Refugee
01-29-2018, 02:39 AM
Can I use your post realizing me as the one in my 10 commandments thread?

Ssssh, don’t tell ‘em, they’re unbelievers (he whispered).

resister
01-29-2018, 02:44 AM
Ssssh, don’t tell ‘em, they’re unbelievers (he whispered).

For real, can I use it? :)

Refugee
01-29-2018, 02:52 AM
After nearly ten years of Obama, haven’t some of you brainwashed casualties realized yet that he caused more hatred and racial divisions that any other US President in history? Reagan and Bush combined don’t even close to what Obama did. Racism is about skin colour, there is no racism, mass-immigration has nothing to do with skin colour. It’s about culture, you indoctrinated numpties. :rollseyes:

Refugee
01-29-2018, 02:53 AM
For real, can I use it? :)
Sure, my scribblings are yours, your Holiness. :)

resister
01-29-2018, 02:59 AM
Sure, my scribblings are yours, your Holiness. :)

You are a great and faithful messenger! Remember that most high revelation! Damn poopie heads!

Chris
01-29-2018, 09:39 AM

My guess is you know little about Nathan Bedford Forrest: "Following the war, Forrest pursued new business ventures but met with less success. He was sworn in as one of the earliest members of the Ku Klux Klan. He became disillusioned, after a year or so, by the more radical ambitions and ungovernable membership of the rest of the Klan. In January 1869, Forrest issued General Order Number One, which decreed that "the masks and costumes of this Order be forever destroyed".[8] In the last years of his life, he publicly denounced the violence and racism practiced by the Klan." @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest

Not that that will change your opinion.

There have been many banned for racism. Why you jump to the conclusion they were conservative is anyone's guess.

Captdon
01-29-2018, 09:43 AM

I predict he'll lose.

Front runner for a Senate seat in PA? Casey will have that seat as long as he wants it. When Casey runs there is no real election.

Captdon
01-29-2018, 09:48 AM
My guess is you know little about Nathan Bedford Forrest: "Following the war, Forrest pursued new business ventures but met with less success. He was sworn in as one of the earliest members of the Ku Klux Klan. He became disillusioned, after a year or so, by the more radical ambitions and ungovernable membership of the rest of the Klan. In January 1869, Forrest issued General Order Number One, which decreed that "the masks and costumes of this Order be forever destroyed".[8] In the last years of his life, he publicly denounced the violence and racism practiced by the Klan." @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest

There have been many banned for racism. Why you jump to the conclusion they were conservative is anyone's guess.

Nathan Bedford Forrest may have been the best general on either side. At Fort Pillow he allowed his men to slaughter Black soldiers. Not a racist?

Chris
01-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Nathan Bedford Forrest may have been the best general on either side. At Fort Pillow he allowed his men to slaughter Black soldiers. Not a racist?

Same link as above: "Forrest was accused of war crimes at the Battle of Fort Pillow in 1864 for allegedly allowing forces under his command to massacre hundreds of black Union Army and white Southern Unionist prisoners. However, Sherman investigated the allegations and did not charge Forrest with any improprieties."

At best, it is debated.

Chris
01-29-2018, 10:02 AM
And let's not forget that crep's accusation was Reps are racists. Why he brings up Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest is beyond all reason.

Captdon
01-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Same link as above: "Forrest was accused of war crimes at the Battle of Fort Pillow in 1864 for allegedly allowing forces under his command to massacre hundreds of black Union Army and white Southern Unionist prisoners. However, Sherman investigated the allegations and did not charge Forrest with any improprieties."

At best, it is debated.

Sherman investigated? He did no such thing. It's a fact, not a debate. he did what he did. Defending a racist general is pretty odd.

I know Crep accused our member of racism.Don't misunderstand my position on him. He a goofball. He's like target practice at 10 feet.

Chris
01-29-2018, 11:09 AM
Sherman investigated? He did no such thing. It's a fact, not a debate. he did what he did. Defending a racist general is pretty odd.

I know Crep accused our member of racism.Don't misunderstand my position on him. He a goofball. He's like target practice at 10 feet.

All I can do is report the facts I find. Here's corroboration:

The Fort Pillow Incident (http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/civil-war/the-fort-pillow-incident/)

...the staunchly abolitionist Chicago Tribune leveled the explosive accusation that Forrest’s men had “skedaddled, after killing as many Negroes as they could, which seems to have been their primary object in coming to Paducah.” ...

...To a man, Forrest’s soldiers seethed at the bogus reporting....

Forrest himself, in a little known postwar interview with fellow Confederate general Dabney H. Maury in the Philadelphia Weekly Times, went to some pains to mitigate his role in the battle. “When we got into the fort the white flag was shown at once,” Forrest said. “The Negroes ran out down to the river, and although the white flag was flying, they kept on turning back and shooting at my men, who consequently continued to fire into them crowded on the brink of the river, and they killed a good many of them in spite of my efforts, and those of their officers to stop them. But there was no deliberate intention nor effort to massacre the garrison as has been so generally reported by the Northern papers.”

Deliberate or not, the casualty figures at Fort Pillow would linger over Forrest for the remainder of the war, even after William Tecumseh Sherman—surely no Confederate apologist—determined that there was no cause for further investigation or retaliation. “Let the soldiers affected make their own rules as we progress,” Sherman told Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton. “We will use their own logic against the enemy as we have from the beginning of the war.” Subsequently, the battle cry “Remember Fort Pillow!” would rise from Union soldiers’ lips for the remainder of the war. In many ways, it is still echoing today.

MisterVeritis
01-29-2018, 12:35 PM
All I can do is report the facts I find. Here's corroboration:
The Fort Pillow Incident (http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/civil-war/the-fort-pillow-incident/)
I read the account. Of 580 Union soldiers, 262 were black. The black soldiers were all artillerymen (6th Heavy and 2nd Light Artillery). 354 Union soldiers were killed or wounded. 226 were taken prisoner (168 white and 58 black).

The garrison at Fort Pillow was given the opportunity to surrender and refused. The offer, to treat all of the Union soldiers as prisoners of war included both whites and blacks. The Confederates attacked and quickly overran the fort. The Union soldiers broke and ran. Many of the dead drowned as they tried to swim out to Union gunboats.

A rout is a terrible thing. In many notable battles once a rout begins the running side pays a horrible price. In civil wars, hatreds grow. Three thousand Southern soldiers attacked, then chased roughly one-fifth as many Union soldiers. The killing stopped once the Union forces were totally defeated.

From the account, it seems clear the Union used the defeat (and alleged massacre) as a rallying cry. When viewed in the context of the Civil War, accusing Forrest of a massacre is exaggerated.

Tahuyaman
01-30-2018, 04:45 PM

Liberals can make anything racist.

Captdon
01-31-2018, 12:35 PM

Illegals first.

Captdon
01-31-2018, 12:39 PM
I read the account. Of 580 Union soldiers, 262 were black. The black soldiers were all artillerymen (6th Heavy and 2nd Light Artillery). 354 Union soldiers were killed or wounded. 226 were taken prisoner (168 white and 58 black).

The garrison at Fort Pillow was given the opportunity to surrender and refused. The offer, to treat all of the Union soldiers as prisoners of war included both whites and blacks. The Confederates attacked and quickly overran the fort. The Union soldiers broke and ran. Many of the dead drowned as they tried to swim out to Union gunboats.

A rout is a terrible thing. In many notable battles once a rout begins the running side pays a horrible price. In civil wars, hatreds grow. Three thousand Southern soldiers attacked, then chased roughly one-fifth as many Union soldiers. The killing stopped once the Union forces were totally defeated.

From the account, it seems clear the Union used the defeat (and alleged massacre) as a rallying cry. When viewed in the context of the Civil War, accusing Forrest of a massacre is exaggerated.

Southern or Confederate apologist. It was what it was. He was a racist and allowed his men to slaughter black soldiers and their white officers. He should have been hanged.

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 12:42 PM
Southern or Confederate apologist. It was what it was. He was a racist and allowed his men to slaughter black soldiers and their white officers. He should have been hanged.
Don't be stupid.

Chris
01-31-2018, 12:47 PM

So says popular opinion and folklore but the facts don't seem to bear that out, like Sherman investigating and finding no wrongdoing.

If he was racist, he changed. He joined the KKK early on, criticized them, and quit. In later life he helped blacks.

Kalkin
01-31-2018, 12:50 PM
No. Learn to read.

Jewish isn't a race. Surely you know that?

Kalkin
01-31-2018, 12:57 PM
And let's not forget that crep's accusation was Reps are racists. Why he brings up Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest is beyond all reason.

Probably the old "dems and reps changed sides" meme they use whenever historical democrat racism is discussed.

Captdon
01-31-2018, 03:06 PM
Don't be stupid.

Don't be an apologist for a racist. Grow up.

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 03:33 PM
Don't be an apologist for a racist. Grow up.
One of us examined the record. That would be me. One of us triggered. That would be you.

How many of your friends did you lose in that battle?

Don't be a dick. Grow up.

Chris
01-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Probably the old "dems and reps changed sides" meme they use whenever historical democrat racism is discussed.

They did change sides. Reading about that in Rothbard's Progressive Era. At one time Dems actually used to be the party of liberty and free markets, and Reps the party of big government. Before the war, though, that switched and the Dems also became the pro-slavery party, and later the pro-segregation party. --Now they're the racecard playing party but still racist in reasons againt voting IDs. --Naturally you can't critize Dems here at the forum because they're all different of course.

Safety
01-31-2018, 04:06 PM

LoL, like taking the time to explain the how/why to some here will change their bias. People are who they are, even when they try to pretend to be something else.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 05:56 PM
Got some very racist, self loathing white liberals, too. Also some racist of a darker shade, as well.

Who?

resister
01-31-2018, 05:57 PM

Thread banned by OP.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:02 PM
Actually, it was your hero, Bill Clinton that said it. Try google, the overwhelming majority of news watchers are well aware of it.

Why dont you stop with the sumpremely assinine shit of telling others who their heros are? Perhaps folks should start asking you about your altar and the candles you light. Seems only fair.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:03 PM
This one does.

This one does what?

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:04 PM

A few years ago Obama tried to pass himself off as a Messiah (http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/), which is more than Nathan Forrest did.

*eye roll*
Bullshit.

resister
01-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Why dont you stop with the sumpremely assinine shit of telling others who their heros are? Perhaps folks should start asking you about your altar and the candles you light. Seems only fair.
Go away drama queen, you always gotta get your nose up in something that has nothing to do with you.

resister
01-31-2018, 06:18 PM
*eye roll*
Bullshit.
https://youtu.be/PJFC1qFCgyA

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:21 PM

Jeffery Dahmer made a deathbed appeal too. I hope he burns in Hell with Forrest.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:25 PM
Go away drama queen, you always gotta get your nose up in something that has nothing to do with you.

So, why dont you stop? My guess is that you cant because then you have nothing to brag about at the cesspool.
How pathetic.

resister
01-31-2018, 06:28 PM
So, why dont you stop? My guess is that you cant because then you have nothing to brag about at the cesspool.
How pathetic.
Get your buddy zero to TB me so you both can then talk shit about me and not worry about me responding, that is a favorite tactic of his. Troll who ever he wants, but make most of his threads TPF to have a safe space.

Stop what?

Chris
01-31-2018, 06:30 PM
Jeffery Dahmer made a deathbed appeal too. I hope he burns in Hell with Forrest.

What do you have against Forrest?

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:33 PM
Get your buddy zero to TB me so you both can then talk shit about me and not worry about me responding, that is a favorite tactic of his. Troll who ever he wants, but make most of his threads TPF to have a safe space.

Stop what?

You have ZERO room to talk when it comes to trolling and talking shit about others here....or elsewhere. Why dont you and your new buddy trot back to trinns cesspool and talk about me and post my picture some more like the low-lifes yall are?

Stop what? Stop telling others who they admire or deem as a "hero."

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:33 PM
What do you have against Forrest?

Seriously?

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 06:35 PM
Seriously?
Seriously.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 06:40 PM
Seriously.

I have a thing against people who promote violence against others based on skin color.

His "renouncement" later was no more than someone hoping not to go to Hell. I dont believe ANYONE'S late-in-life Heaven appeals. Period.

Captdon
01-31-2018, 06:46 PM
One of us examined the record. That would be me. One of us triggered. That would be you.

How many of your friends did you lose in that battle?

Don't be a dick. Grow up.

One of us looked yup history. Me.
One of us looked up rebel apologists. That would be you.
Be a dick for all I care. Grow up or not. I don't care.

I don't get the friends crap. Neither of us lost any friends in that battle. If you mean our battle I lost no one. My friends aren't stupid, racist or apologists for the rebellion to protect slavery. My God, what kind of person are you?

Nothing i say is directed at the member,

Thread banned by OP.

Chris
01-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Seriously?

Yes. What do you have against Forrest?

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 06:50 PM
I have a thing against people who promote violence against others based on skin color.
Oh. I thought you were a Democrat. Am I wrong?

His "renouncement" later was no more than someone hoping not to go to Hell. I dont believe ANYONE'S late-in-life Heaven appeals. Period.
I am quite impressed with your ability to see into a dead man's soul. How long did you know him before he died?

Captdon
01-31-2018, 06:51 PM

Does that include the Black Muslims and BLM?

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 06:55 PM
One of us looked yup history. Me.
Fascinating. I read the material and summarized it. What did you do? Nothing.

One of us looked up rebel apologists. That would be you.
Which facts were you disputing? And what is your evidence that the author is or was a rebel apologist? You are long on emotion and short on explanations.

Be a dick for all I care. Grow up or not. I don't care.
Physician, heal thyself.

I don't get the friends crap. Neither of us lost any friends in that battle. If you mean our battle I lost no one. My friends aren't stupid, racist or apologists for the rebellion to protect slavery. My God, what kind of person are you?
Buffoons need to be made fun of. I was making fun of you. You behave as if you lost friends on the Union side in the battle at Fort Pillow.

What kind of person am I? I am a smart person. I am well read in history, philosophy and the sciences. I can evaluate the situation and draw right conclusions.

And you cannot.

Chris
01-31-2018, 06:58 PM

And your evidence for Forrest's promoting violence against others based on skin color is what?

No comment on your musings why he renounced promoting violence against others based on skin color as that's just you.

resister
01-31-2018, 07:08 PM
You have ZERO room to talk when it comes to trolling and talking shit about others here....or elsewhere. Why dont you and your new buddy trot back to trinns cesspool and talk about me and post my picture some more like the low-lifes yall are?

Stop what? Stop telling others who they admire or deem as a "hero."
LOL, post your pic? Cant look at it too long, don't want to turn to stone. You have a bad case of a paranoid delusional persecution complex. You should look into that.

Captdon
01-31-2018, 07:15 PM
Fascinating. I read the material and summarized it. What did you do? Nothing.

Which facts were you disputing? And what is your evidence that the author is or was a rebel apologist? You are long on emotion and short on explanations.

Physician, heal thyself.

Buffoons need to be made fun of. I was making fun of you. You behave as if you lost friends on the Union side in the battle at Fort Pillow.

What kind of person am I? I am a smart person. I am well read in history, philosophy and the sciences. I can evaluate the situation and draw right conclusions.

And you cannot.

I've been laughing at you. I know my history. I'm not some illiterate apologist pretending to be something I'm not. You don't want the truth to be true but it is what it is. He was a murdering racist and you can't change that.

Now, go run around with your battle flag and try your apologist nonsense of the dummies you must know. They'd be proud of you.

Now, I'n done with your ass foolery. Have a happy and fake life.

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 07:21 PM
I've been laughing at you. I know my history. I'm not some illiterate apologist pretending to be something I'm not. You don't want the truth to be true but it is what it is. He was a murdering racist and you can't change that.
You claim to know history yet you offered no factual rebuttal. Oftentimes people who make unsupported claims are frauds.

Now, go run around with your battle flag and try your apologist nonsense of the dummies you must know. They'd be proud of you.
This is additional evidence you are a fraud. I have made no special claim to supporting the Confederacy.

Now, I'n done with your ass foolery. Have a happy and fake life.
And yet one more indication that you are a fraud. You failed to make your case. You are incapable of making your case. You ran home to momma to hide behind her skirts.

Cool beans.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Oh. I thought you were a Democrat. Am I wrong?

I am quite impressed with your ability to see into a dead man's soul. How long did you know him before he died?

Doesnt matter. To me those are false appeals.
*shrugs*
Thats the way i feel.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Does that include the Black Muslims and BLM?

That includes anyone who does that crap.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 07:43 PM
LOL, post your pic? Cant look at it too long, don't want to turn to stone. You have a bad case of a paranoid delusional persecution complex. You should look into that.

No, i know a slimy snake when i encounter one. Go strain your jaw some more.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 07:44 PM
And your evidence for Forrest's promoting violence against others based on skin color is what?

No comment on your musings why he renounced promoting violence against others based on skin color as that's just you.

Well, he didnt make Grand Asshole because he ran the Underground Railroad, now did he?

Chris
01-31-2018, 07:47 PM
Well, he didnt make Grand Asshole because he ran the Underground Railroad, now did he?

You have evidence he was the Grand Wizzard? I was just reading that's at best questionable.

If you have nothing to go on but feelings, that's fine.

resister
01-31-2018, 08:00 PM
No, i know a slimy snake when i encounter one. Go strain your jaw some more.
Funny, your friend list is composed mostly of them:rollseyes:

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 08:01 PM
You have evidence he was the Grand Wizzard? I was just reading that's at best questionable.

If you have nothing to go on but feelings, that's fine.

Tell you what....you can go tell these other assholes that they are wrong. Ok?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/kkk-statue-vandalized-pink-paint-nashville-760979%3famp=1

Chris
01-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Tell you what....you can go tell these other assholes that they are wrong. Ok?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/kkk-statue-vandalized-pink-paint-nashville-760979%3famp=1

Attitude is no substitute for substance.

Forrest was an early member of the Ku Klux Klan ("KKK" or simply "the Klan"), which was formed by veterans of the Confederate Army in Pulaski, Tennessee after the Civil War ended and soon expanded throughout the state and beyond. Forrest became involved sometime in late 1866 or early 1867. A common report is that Forrest arrived in Nashville in April 1867 while the Klan was meeting at the Maxwell House Hotel, probably at the encouragement of a state Klan leader, former Confederate general George Gordon. The organization had grown to the point where an experienced commander was needed, and Forrest fit the bill. In Room 10 of the Maxwell, Forrest was sworn in as a member by John W. Morton.[63][64] The title "Grand Wizard" was allegedly chosen because General Forrest had been known as "The Wizard of the Saddle" during the war.[65] However, historians remain uncertain of the exact nature of Forrest's leadership role; Forrest biographer Brian Steel Wills writes, "While there is no doubt that Forrest joined the Klan, there is some question as to whether he actually was the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan".[66]

Following the war, the United States Congress began passing the Reconstruction Acts to lay out requirements for the former Confederate States to be re-admitted to the Union, to include ratification of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. One of its stipulations was specifically granting voting rights to black men. According to Wills, in the August 1867 state elections the Klan was relatively restrained in its actions. White Americans who made up the KKK hoped to persuade black voters that a return to their pre-war state of bondage was in their best interest. Forrest assisted in maintaining order. It was after these efforts failed that Klan violence and intimidation escalated and became widespread.[67] Author Andrew Ward, however, writes, "In the spring of 1867, Forrest and his dragoons launched a campaign of midnight parades; 'ghost' masquerades; and 'whipping' and even 'killing Negro voters and white Republicans, to scare blacks off voting and running for office'".[68]

In an 1868 interview by a Cincinnati newspaper, Forrest claimed that the Klan had 40,000 members in Tennessee and 550,000 total members throughout the Southern states. He said he sympathized with them, but denied any formal connection. He claimed he could muster thousands of men himself. He described the Klan as "a protective political military organization... The members are sworn to recognize the government of the United States... Its objects originally were protection against Loyal Leagues and the Grand Army of the Republic..." After only a year as Grand Wizard, in January 1869, faced with an ungovernable membership employing methods that seemed increasingly counterproductive, Forrest issued KKK General Order Number One: "It is therefore ordered and decreed, that the masks and costumes of this Order be entirely abolished and destroyed".[69]

In August 1874, Forrest "volunteered to help ‘exterminate’ those men responsible for the continued violence against the blacks". After the murder of four blacks by a lynch mob when they were arrested for defending themselves at a BBQ, Forrest wrote to Tennessee Governor John C. Brown, offering "to exterminate the white marauders who disgrace their race by this cowardly murder of Negroes".[70]

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest#Ku_Klux_Klan_membership

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 08:34 PM
Attitude is no substitute for substance.

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest#Ku_Klux_Klan_membership

They can polish that turd any way that they like...it wont make it less than a turd.

Do you think he joined the KKK for the bbq's they had?

Chris
01-31-2018, 09:02 PM
They can polish that turd any way that they like...it wont make it less than a turd.

Just more attitude.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 09:05 PM
Just more attitude.

Ok. If you say so. *shrugs*

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 09:09 PM

Why do you always react instead of responding?

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 09:11 PM
Why do you always react instead of responding?

Oh pffffft. I did reply.

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Oh pffffft. I did reply.
No. You react. A response is measured and sane.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 09:28 PM
No. You react. A response is measured and sane.

Whatever, V. Go back and read everything. I also provided links. Its not my problem yall dont like them.

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 09:30 PM
Whatever, V. Go back and read everything. I also provided links. Its not my problem yall dont like them.
You chose garbage links. It is the sort of thing a shallow thinker does when reacting.

Don't worry about it.

Chris
01-31-2018, 10:00 PM

And those links were countered and you dropped the ball thinking attitude would cover.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 10:31 PM
And those links were countered and you dropped the ball thinking attitude would cover.

No. The only thing that you offered was heresay. Bottom line is that you have no proof that he wasnt Grand Asshole. He was still a member of the KKK. Why you think that means nothing is bizarre.

Chris
01-31-2018, 11:03 PM
No. The only thing that you offered was heresay. Bottom line is that you have no proof that he wasnt Grand Asshole. He was still a member of the KKK. Why you think that means nothing is bizarre.

I offered the opinion of a historian that he wasn't a Wizzard.

Still a member, of the KKK. You're unaware of the three Klans then. The first arose in reaction to Reconstruction and Republican rule of the South. That's the one Forrest joined, and then quit when it terrorized Republican leaders some of whom were black. It was suppressed by law and he vowed to help dismantle it.

You need of course to be careful not to let it out that the KKK were then Democrats resisting Republicans because then we have to say Democrats were racist, and you would have to say you hate them too.

I did enjoy the virtue signalling.

silvereyes
01-31-2018, 11:23 PM

Still a member, of the KKK. You're unaware of the three Klans then. The first arose in reaction to Reconstruction and Republican rule of the South. That's the one Forrest joined, and then quit when it terrorized Republican leaders some of whom were black. It was suppressed by law and he vowed to help dismantle it.

You need of course to be careful not to let it out that the KKK were then Democrats resisting Republicans because then we have to say Democrats were racist, and you would have to say you hate them too.

When have i EVER supported any hate? No matter where it comes from?
Ever?
Unlike MANY of the members here on the "RIGHT" who have repeatedly professed (and applauded other "righties" for also doing it) open hate for anyone they deem as a liberal or leftist I dont that. I can name at least 5 right now who have expressed such hate even recently.

MisterVeritis
01-31-2018, 11:30 PM
Ever?
Does this mean you are not a Democrat?

silvereyes
02-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Does this mean you are not a Democrat?

I dont fall under any label.

MisterVeritis
02-01-2018, 03:13 AM
Okay. You are a lying Democrat. Got it. :grin:

Chris
02-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Ever?
Unlike MANY of the members here on the "RIGHT" who have repeatedly professed (and applauded other "righties" for also doing it) open hate for anyone they deem as a liberal or leftist I dont that. I can name at least 5 right now who have expressed such hate even recently.

We were discussing Forrest.

donttread
02-01-2018, 11:12 AM

Ultra lib "logic"

Chris
02-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Ultra lib "logic"

Illiberal illogic...from Illinois.

Sergeant Gleed
03-30-2019, 06:58 PM

Okay.

Which version of the Klang was it acceptable for Rodents to have their membership in?

EvilCat Breath
04-11-2019, 06:28 PM
If Barletta is a front runner then the people in that district remember when he tried to help them and do something about the invasion.

Sergeant Gleed
04-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Then where do you stand?