PDA

View Full Version : Changing Party Registration

patrickt
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I received a voter registration form from my state so I could change my party affiliation. I had five parties from which to choose. Two, I'd never heard of. One was the American Constitution Party. I went to it's web page and after I'd read about God and Biblical Law I decided I was on the wrong page. Then I went to American Elect and found it was an "online" party so that wasn't for me, either. I knew the Republican and Green Party. Then there were the libertarians. I used to be quite favorable to the Libertarians, around 30 years ago, but in my state they've gone quite nuts, in my opinion. They argue that the right to bear arms includes all arms including rocket propelled grenades and nerve gas. I don't go along with that. Their national platform accept abortion at will for the full nine months. I don't agree with that, either.

But then I hit a party I couldn't really figure out. The Democratic Party. Democratic is an adjective and I really couldn't think of any party that was democratic. Certainly, the party that supports election fraud, card check elections, and the passage of laws that the majority don't want passed would not be the Democratic Party. That would be the Democrat Party.

In my county, Democrats, in all their undemocratic glory, rule so the party is listed on the ballot as the Democratic Party. How bizarre.

Cigar
12-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Come over to the Winning side ... :grin:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4642950672809987&pid=1.7&w=189&h=144&c=7&rs=1

Jenda
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I would rather be an independent voter or a Republican whose candidate lost the election than be a member of the Democratic Party that lies and cheats at any cost to win an election. I have high standards. I would be embarrassed to be a member of the sleazy Democratic Party or be a part of the main stream (i.e. left-wing) media.

Cigar
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I would rather be an independent voter or a Republican whose candidate lost the election than be a member of the Democratic Party that lies and cheats at any cost to win an election. I have high standards. I would be embarrassed to be a member of the sleazy Democratic Party or be a part of the main stream (i.e. left-wing) media.

Your choice :)

Agravan
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Once again, Cigar acknowledges that his is the party "that lies and cheats at any cost to win an election."

Jenda
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Once again, Cigar acknowledges that his is the party "that lies and cheats at any cost to win an election."

Some day, when I am standing at the pearly gates, I don't expect to see Cigar or any other lying-cheating-stealing Democrats there.:angel9:

patrickt
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I will probably go Libertarian and try to irritate the state organization. I just find it offensive that a party that is so blatantly opposed to all democratic values should name themselves the Democratic Party. The Bought-and-Paid-For Party would work. Or, the Pedophile Party. Or the Buy-Your-Vote Party. I will tolerate the Democrat Party which is a title and not a descriptive word. I will never utter Democratic Party except in derision. Now, if they wanted to quit support election fraud, quit buying votes, quit accepting donations and votes from foreign nationals, quite coercing the elderly with dementia into voting their candidates, quit voting dead people, and quit stuffing ballot boxes, then maybe, they could be proud of what they do.

But, for people like Cigar, as long as you win it doesn't matter how you do it. And, the Democrats were right. Voting for Obama is exactly the same as getting fucked.

Captain Obvious
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I changed this past election. PA didn't have a defined third party (Libertarian maybe), so I guess I'm officially an Independent.

Chris
12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
We don't register for party here in Texas.

I agree, the choices are slim to none. I guess I align closest with the Libertarian Party, and they were better when organized at the state level, when they went national all they did was ask for money. And running as a Libertarian is kind of contrary to small el libertarian principles.

Good observation though, Democrats are really democratic.