PDA

View Full Version : Americans Voted For Sanctions Relief

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 03:15 PM
In Democrat circles, the "lock him up" talking point has been making the rounds. Just as one example:

It's time to lock Trump up.

According to the prevailing theory among partisan Democrats, Trump offered sanctions relief to Russia in exchange for damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

But what is lost in this discussion is the fact that the American electorate voted for sanctions relief.

Trump made no secret of his desire to pursue better relations with Russia throughout his campaign. He told American voters repeatedly and unequivocally that he wanted to do this and they responded by voting him into office.

So not only are partisan Democrats trying to effectively criminalize basic diplomacy, they are trying to overturn the will of the American electorate.

So much for "democracy", right?

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 03:29 PM
All of this Russia stuff was already played out during the presidential campaign of 2016.

American voters got to hear both sides of the story and they voted for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtgRk0smGww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJHgA4_0CAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP-uhX0hCpY

Mueller's witchhunt-cum-fishing expedition is nothing more than the establishment trying to accomplish through bureaucratic means what they failed to accomplish through political means.

Democrats are basically telling the American electorate: We don't care what you think. You are not really in charge, we are. You don't get to decide what the foreign policy of this country will be.

Stuff like this is why I will NEVER refer to the Democrat party as "democratic", because they are anything but. In reality, they are snobbish elitists who disdain the common man and woman.

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 03:42 PM
Do tPF "liberals" and Democrats think it is okay to use the power of unelected bureaucrats to obstruct the political will of the American electorate?

ripmeister
01-31-2018, 03:44 PM
Do tPF "liberals" and Democrats think it is okay to use the power of unelected bureaucrats to obstruct the political will of the American electorate?
Well in the case of Tricky Dickey I thought it was ok and he won by a landslide.

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Well in the case of Tricky Dickey I thought it was ok and he won by a landslide.

Not sure I follow you.

midcan5
01-31-2018, 04:56 PM
If it were a democracy, Hillary would be president. I didn't watch the sotu, I never do, as who needs speeches when reality exists. From clips I saw, Trump reads well, but what happened to criticizing readers of teleprompters? Oh that's right, that was the last guy. Too funny.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/01/30/fact-checking-the-2018-state-of-the-union-address/

And jobs:

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/trump-job-promises

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 05:04 PM
If it were a democracy...

Well it's not "a democracy", it's a constitutional republic. And the electorate voted Trump into office, which means they rejected the anti-Russian nonsense of Democrats. But instead of accepting the will of the American electorate, Democrats have decided to use the power of unelected bureaucracies to circumvent the outcome of an election.

ripmeister
01-31-2018, 05:07 PM
Not sure I follow you.

You Wrote..........
"Do tPF "liberals" and Democrats think it is okay to use the power of unelected bureaucrats to obstruct the political will of the American electorate?"

Big Dick was put in office via said political will. Thank goodness we had the fifth estate and a bunch of unelected bureaucrats to set things straight. That is of course unless you think "The Paranoid One" did nothing wrong.

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 05:22 PM
You Wrote..........
"Do tPF "liberals" and Democrats think it is okay to use the power of unelected bureaucrats to obstruct the political will of the American electorate?"

Big Dick was put in office via said political will. Thank goodness we had the fifth estate and a bunch of unelected bureaucrats to set things straight. That is of course unless you think "The Paranoid One" did nothing wrong.
Did Nixon get elected by promising to abuse the power of his office in order to spy on his political opponents? No? Then I fail to see the relevance.

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 05:28 PM
By the way, it wasn't unelected bureaucrats who pushed Nixon out, it was the US Congress. He resigned in the face of almost certain impeachment.

The impeachment of Trump, on the other hand, is nothing more than a deluded fantasy, clung to by partisan Democrats and establishment Republicans.

Agent Zero
01-31-2018, 06:13 PM
In Democrat circles, the "lock him up" talking point has been making the rounds. Just as one example:

According to the prevailing theory among partisan Democrats, Trump offered sanctions relief to Russia in exchange for damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

But what is lost in this discussion is the fact that the American electorate voted for sanctions relief.

Trump made no secret of his desire to pursue better relations with Russia throughout his campaign. He told American voters repeatedly and unequivocally that he wanted to do this and they responded by voting him into office.

So not only are partisan Democrats trying to effectively criminalize basic diplomacy, they are trying to overturn the will of the American electorate.

So much for "democracy", right?

Congress voted for sanctions.

hanger4
01-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Congress voted for sanctions.And Trump signed them into law.

Captdon
01-31-2018, 07:35 PM
You Wrote..........

Fourth Estate.

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 09:32 PM
Congress voted for sanctions.
That's because most people in Congress are puppets who will do whatever the military-industrial complex orders them to do.

Trump, despite being ridiculous in so many ways, at least has a mind of his own.

And during the presidential campaign, the Russia issue was played out on the largest and most spectacular scale.

American voters went with Trump's message of partnership over Hillary Clinton's message of confrontation.

But instead of respecting the will of the American electorate, Democrats have decided to use the power of unelected bureaucracies like the CIA, the FBI, and the NSA to subvert the agenda of a duly elected president.

Ethereal
01-31-2018, 09:39 PM
Trump said we should pursue partnership with Russia, and the American electorate responded by ratifying his agenda. They rejected Hillary Clinton's idiotic "Putin is Hitler" histrionics. The electorate doesn't want what Democrats are selling, but Democrats refuse to take no for an answer.

ripmeister
02-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Did Nixon get elected by promising to abuse the power of his office in order to spy on his political opponents? No? Then I fail to see the relevance.
I was responding to your statement about the power of unelected bureaucracies. Nixon was elected fair and square yet he was done in by his own actions as a result of the bureaucratic watchdogs that you seem to want to criticize doing their job. Would you have preferred we waited another year or two for the next presidential election to address his felonious behavior.

ripmeister
02-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Fourth Estate.

Yeah. Thanks. Brain fade on my part.

ripmeister
02-01-2018, 03:09 PM
That's because most people in Congress are puppets who will do whatever the military-industrial complex orders them to do.

Trump, despite being ridiculous in so many ways, at least has a mind of his own.

And during the presidential campaign, the Russia issue was played out on the largest and most spectacular scale.

American voters went with Trump's message of partnership over Hillary Clinton's message of confrontation.

But instead of respecting the will of the American electorate, Democrats have decided to use the power of unelected bureaucracies like the CIA, the FBI, and the NSA to subvert the agenda of a duly elected president.
Trump is largely in the position he is in because of his mouth and of course Twitter.