PDA

View Full Version : An interesting thing to see

Trish
02-05-2018, 01:14 PM
I was prepping for a morning t-con when I happened to glance to my left out my apartment window. I noticed a group of guys standing around.

Hmmmm......now my interest has been peaked. What were these guys doing outside my apartment? I patiently wait. Five minutes ticks by and still nothing. They all just stand there huddled together. Every once in a while one of the guys would say something and the others would nod in agreement or look around as if waiting for something to happen.

So I look around too. I look to the right and then to the left hoping to catch something they may have missed. Ugh...nothing! What's going on..........

A minute goes by and I notice a U-Haul parked in front of the adjacent building. But I skip over it because that isn't an unusual sight. It's the beginning of the month so someone's probably moving in.

I scan the area one more time then turn to go back to my computer. Movement catches my eye and I see that the men have started to move towards the opposite building.

As I turn to get a better look I notice there's a police cruiser idling in the middle of the parking lot. A police officer steps out and moves toward the building and quickly goes inside. I watch the men move closer to the building but they don't enter.

A moment later the police officer exits and I notice she's carrying papers. As soon as she exits the men walk around her and step into the building. Within minutes they reemerge carrying trash bags, boxes or the random piece of furniture placing it besides the U-Haul. A man exits the U-Haul and starts to pack the back. It all happens quickly and is over within an hour.

My excitement for the day is over.

An interesting thing to see - Today I witnessed an eviction.

IMPress Polly
02-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Getting evicted sucks.

(Inspirational thought of the day.)

Trish
02-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Getting evicted sucks.

(Inspirational thought of the day.)

inspirational and hopefully motivational too. :0)

Common
02-05-2018, 01:36 PM
lol okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaay

HawkTheSlayer
02-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Sometimes these things can be tricky and dangerous.

Trish
02-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Sometimes these things can be tricky and dangerous.

Yes, after further deliberation I think I have this mystery solved. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a full out eviction but rather a partial eviction. What I mean by that is there was very little furnishings except a tall lamp and other small items that were removed. It was mostly personal items like clothing and such. That leads me to believe it was the chicks furniture in the apartment and not his.

Here's my take on what provocated this partial eviction - "C H E A T I N G"!!!!

So, this dude steps out on his girl and she finds out and is pissed. She ends up kicking him out but that's not enough. She's fuming and wants him to pay. She goes and files for a restraining order. Now the dude can't even come and get his stuff because he's not allowed anywhere near the apartment. So now he has to go to the courts and file a petition to get his personal items.

That's where the group of guys and the po-po come in. The po-po shows up with an order to allow the dude to get his things. The group of dudes go in and remove it for him. He waits outside and then packs it up in the U-Haul.

Viola- partial eviction.

The moral of the story is get your crap out before you cheat! hahahahahaha

Chris
02-05-2018, 04:14 PM
I like your stories, Trish, the way you tell them.

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2018, 04:21 PM
inspirational and hopefully motivational too. :0)

The evictee always blames the evictor (the landlord). It takes up to 3 months to evict someone and there is always high drama associated with it. My wife was an apartment manager when we first met (she actually rented me an apartment after running a credit check on me, and then a year later married me, that has to be true love). Anyway, evicting someone is always costly both in terms of legal fees and repairing the damage to the apartment or house, and there is always damage. My wife once had to evict a woman from an apartment. When the police arrived she was having sex with someone. Bear in mind the door had been posted listing the time and day of the eviction. For several years after that the girls mother would hurl insults at my wife anytime their paths crossed. My wife finally told her rather loudly in the middle of the mall that if her daughter were having sex with someone she would at least expect the man to pay the rent or at least help her move. That was the last time we saw her.

Trish
02-05-2018, 04:23 PM
I like your stories, Trish, the way you tell them.

Thanks! My mom always said I was overly dramatic and had a vivid imagination but I'm pretty sure she didn't mean it as a compliment..... (cheesy grin)

Trish
02-05-2018, 04:39 PM
The evictee always blames the evictor (the landlord). It takes up to 3 months to evict someone and there is always high drama associated with it. My wife was an apartment manager when we first met (she actually rented me an apartment after running a credit check on me, and then a year later married me, that has to be true love). Anyway, evicting someone is always costly both in terms of legal fees and repairing the damage to the apartment or house, and there is always damage. My wife once had to evict a woman from an apartment. When the police arrived she was having sex with someone. Bear in mind the door had been posted listing the time and day of the eviction. For several years after that the girls mother would hurl insults at my wife anytime their paths crossed. My wife finally told her rather loudly in the middle of the mall that if her daughter were having sex with someone she would at least expect the man to pay the rent or at least help her move. That was the last time we saw her.

Or.....you had a phenomenal credit rating! Plus she probably liked what she saw when she snuck into your apartment and rummaged through your things while you were at work. :0p

Just kidding Nathan - I'm sure it was true love.

Yeah - this was the first time I've ever witnessed anything like this. I've never rented an apartment before (I've always owned). I haven't even been here a year so I'm learning all kinds of stuff. hahahahaha

Peter1469
02-05-2018, 04:46 PM
I have never seen an eviction.

I rented my condo for three years and am glad that I didn't have to attempt it. All of my tenants were good.

Kacper
02-05-2018, 05:40 PM
I was prepping for a morning t-con when I happened to glance to my left out my apartment window. I noticed a group of guys standing around.

Hmmmm......now my interest has been peaked. What were these guys doing outside my apartment? I patiently wait. Five minutes ticks by and still nothing. They all just stand there huddled together. Every once in a while one of the guys would say something and the others would nod in agreement or look around as if waiting for something to happen.

So I look around too. I look to the right and then to the left hoping to catch something they may have missed. Ugh...nothing! What's going on..........

A minute goes by and I notice a U-Haul parked in front of the adjacent building. But I skip over it because that isn't an unusual sight. It's the beginning of the month so someone's probably moving in.

I scan the area one more time then turn to go back to my computer. Movement catches my eye and I see that the men have started to move towards the opposite building.

As I turn to get a better look I notice there's a police cruiser idling in the middle of the parking lot. A police officer steps out and moves toward the building and quickly goes inside. I watch the men move closer to the building but they don't enter.

A moment later the police officer exits and I notice she's carrying papers. As soon as she exits the men walk around her and step into the building. Within minutes they reemerge carrying trash bags, boxes or the random piece of furniture placing it besides the U-Haul. A man exits the U-Haul and starts to pack the back. It all happens quickly and is over within an hour.

My excitement for the day is over.

An interesting thing to see - Today I witnessed an eviction.

First one I saw as it was going down was when it was snowing, Christmas Eve, and they were piling the fully decorated tree and wrapped presents at the curb. In my state, the landlord just has to move it to the curb. It is up to the evicted person to get it from there or not within 24 hours after which they are not allowed to step foot on the property. The Sheriff notifies them 72 hours ahead of time but some folks still refuse to move until the sheriff is removing them.

Trish
02-05-2018, 06:03 PM
First one I saw as it was going down was when it was snowing, Christmas Eve, and they were piling the fully decorated tree and wrapped presents at the curb. In my state, the landlord just has to move it to the curb. It is up to the evicted person to get it from there or not within 24 hours after which they are not allowed to step foot on the property. The Sheriff notifies them 72 hours ahead of time but some folks still refuse to move until the sheriff is removing them.

That's sad but unavoidable I guess.

Kacper
02-05-2018, 06:46 PM
That's sad but unavoidable I guess.

It is avoidable if you pay your rent. Thing is a lot of people just do what they gotta do to get the keys and won't pay another dime until you evict them. Rinse and repeat. Most landlords I know will absolutely work with people within reason if something unexpected comes up. Some of them will bend over backwards and still have to get to this point. If the landlord is lucky, they at least won't steal everything that isn't nailed down though I know of one guy where they literally stripped the place. Even took the toilets, sinks, and cabinets off the kitchen walls.

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Or.....you had a phenomenal credit rating! Plus she probably liked what she saw when she snuck into your apartment and rummaged through your things while you were at work. :0p

Just kidding Nathan - I'm sure it was true love.

Yeah - this was the first time I've ever witnessed anything like this. I've never rented an apartment before (I've always owned). I haven't even been here a year so I'm learning all kinds of stuff. hahahahaha

I had just gone through a divorce, I owed the IRS a ton of money and my business was just barely making enough money to survive so I doubt seriously that I had an excellent credit rating!!!

Actually, I think it was Lust at First Sight for the two of us! She worked on week ends and since I had nothing to do I would pretend I needed quarters for the washing machines and go over to the office and talk to her. She had put her ex husband in jail for molesting her two older girls so she was living at home with her parents and three girls. I would call her at her house in the evenings and we would talk for hours but as long as she was the manager of that complex she wouldn't go out with me. She finally got a promotion and was moved to another apartment and given her own apartment and the rest is history!!! I remember the first time I went to her apartment the youngest child was 6 and she answered the door and turned around and said as only a six year old Southern girl could say "Momma, its that mayan you've been talken bout". I ended up adopting the youngest, the two older girls were 18 and 21.

You may be right about her rummaging through my stuff!!!! She did say one of the things she liked was that my apartment was always neat and orderly. And somehow she always knew where everything was in the apartment, almost like she had seen it before!!!

She found dead bodies on two occasions, had to evict people for a variety of reasons, once stood down a tenet who was shooting birds on the property. She is quite a woman and she really saved my life and my business when we married.

We have been together for 30 years and truthfully I don't know what I would without her.

Crepitus
02-05-2018, 07:17 PM
I had just gone through a divorce, I owed the IRS a ton of money and my business was just barely making enough money to survive so I doubt seriously that I had an excellent credit rating!!!

Actually, I think it was Lust at First Sight for the two of us! She worked on week ends and since I had nothing to do I would pretend I needed quarters for the washing machines and go over to the office and talk to her. She had put her ex husband in jail for molesting her two older girls so she was living at home with her parents and three girls. I would call her at her house in the evenings and we would talk for hours but as long as she was the manager of that complex she wouldn't go out with me. She finally got a promotion and was moved to another apartment and given her own apartment and the rest is history!!! I remember the first time I went to her apartment the youngest child was 6 and she answered the door and turned around and said as only a six year old Southern girl could say "Momma, its that man you've been talking about". I ended up adopting the youngest, the two older girls were 18 and 21.

You may be right about her rummaging through my stuff!!!! She did say one of the things she liked was that my apartment was always neat and orderly. And somehow she always knew where everything was in the apartment, almost like she had seen it before!!!

She found dead bodies on two occasions, had to evict people for a variety of reasons, once stood down a tenet who was shooting birds on the property. She is quite a woman and she really saved my life and my business when we married.

We have been together for 30 years and truthfully I don't know what I would without her.

Good for you man!

nathanbforrest45
02-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Good for you man!

What have I done wrong to get two "Thanks" from you??????

:grin:

Thanks for the kind words.

Peter1469
02-05-2018, 07:39 PM
It is avoidable if you pay your rent. Thing is a lot of people just do what they gotta do to get the keys and won't pay another dime until you evict them. Rinse and repeat. Most landlords I know will absolutely work with people within reason if something unexpected comes up. Some of them will bend over backwards and still have to get to this point. If the landlord is lucky, they at least won't steal everything that isn't nailed down though I know of one guy where they literally stripped the place. Even took the toilets, sinks, and cabinets off the kitchen walls.

Some state landlord/tenant laws favor the tenant, others favor the landlord. And them some have separate rules if the landlord uses a property manager.

Crepitus
02-05-2018, 07:43 PM
What have I done wrong to get two "Thanks" from you??????

:grin:

Thanks for the kind words.

Lol, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Kacper
02-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Some state landlord/tenant laws favor the tenant, others favor the landlord. And them some have separate rules if the landlord uses a property manager.

Sure there is all sorts of laws but they are mostly procedural in terms of notices. At the end of the day, pay or quit.