PDA

View Full Version : The Fbi admits it dropped the ball on School Shooter

Common
02-16-2018, 07:04 PM
The FBI is dropping the ball on alot of things, I said in another thread this shooting could have and should have been prevented. Everyone Knew of the potential and the thread of this kid going off.

The FBI Says It Dropped The Ball On A Tip That Nikolas Cruz Wanted To Shoot Up A School

This is their statement, who is getting FIRED for not following protocol?

"We have determined that these protocols were not followed," the FBI said.

The FBI was warned last month that Nikolas Cruz was an armed psycho who might shoot up a school — but it didn’t bother investigating, the agency admitted Friday.
“A person close to” Cruz called the agency’s tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts” and there was “potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement.
But the agency said it failed to pass on any of that information to its Miami field office, even thought its own protocols say he “should have been assessed as a potential threat to life.”
A little over a month later, on Wednesday, Cruz allegedly gunned down 17 people at his former high school (https://nypost.com/tag/florida-high-school-massacre/).

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/fbi-failed-to-investigate-tip-on-school-shooter-last-month/

Ravens Fan
02-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Here everybody (myself included) has been harping on the idea that if you see something, say something... for what? Two somebodies saw something and said something... and nothing happened. It isn't the Republicans or Trump discrediting the FBI, it is themselves.

Common
02-16-2018, 07:29 PM
Here everybody (myself included) has been harping on the idea that if you see something, say something... for what? Two somebodies saw something and said something... and nothing happened. It isn't the Republicans or Trump discrediting the FBI, it is themselves.
It was way more than 2 somebodies, the school administrators knew this kid has serious issues before they expelled him, after he was gone students told them he may very well do something.

This shooting should never have happened. The feds have always passed threats like this to local police to get right on and investigate. This should not have happened, period?

Im not going to speculate why the FBI is breaking down like it is, but its certainly become evident since 2010

Ravens Fan
02-16-2018, 07:32 PM
It was way more than 2 somebodies, the school administrators knew this kid has serious issues before they expelled him, after he was gone students told them he may very well do something.

This shooting should never have happened. The feds have always passed threats like this to local police to get right on and investigate. This should not have happened, period?

Im not going to speculate why the FBI is breaking down like it is, but its certainly become evident since 2010

I agree the ball was dropped by the school officials as well, but I was talking about 2 people that had actually gone to the authorities. The guy in Missouri, and then whomever made the tip that knew the shooter.

MisterVeritis
02-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Did anyone get fired?

The Xl
02-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Dropped the ball, eh? Convient excuse. The FBI sure has taken a beating the last year and a half, either they're an incompetent joke or corrupt and evil as sin.

Common
02-16-2018, 07:53 PM
I agree the ball was dropped by the school officials as well, but I was talking about 2 people that had actually gone to the authorities. The guy in Missouri, and then whomever made the tip that knew the shooter.
The FBI statement was quote, "We dropped the ball protocol wasnt followed" Thats code for we had the information and the entire system of checks and balances broke down.

The feds always informed local law enforcement on local threats, local police do not take FBI warnings lightly, they would have got on it immediately and this shooting would have been prevented.

Dont forget raven this kid made a Youtube Video waving around a gun and stated that he wanted to be a Professional School Shooter that in itself merits investigation, this was botched

Adelaide
02-16-2018, 08:55 PM
When this tidbit first came out I defended the FBI because they simply can't keep track of every idiot who posts violently on social media, including images with firearms. 99% of those idiots never do anything and are armchair warriors, or whatever. I cut the FBI some slack on this, but they did screw up. I wonder whether there could be civil liability for ignoring the warnings and not following up, but I also think that the FBI has a lot of other things going on and they probably are not properly manned to go interview every idiot with a Twitter, Facebook or YouTube account.

Common
02-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Did anyone get fired?
No that was my point

MisterVeritis
02-16-2018, 09:14 PM
I contacted my local FBI three times on a problem. No one bothered to ever call back.

Common
02-16-2018, 09:15 PM
When this tidbit first came out I defended the FBI because they simply can't keep track of every idiot who posts violently on social media, including images with firearms. 99% of those idiots never do anything and are armchair warriors, or whatever. I cut the FBI some slack on this, but they did screw up. I wonder whether there could be civil liability for ignoring the warnings and not following up, but I also think that the FBI has a lot of other things going on and they probably are not properly manned to go interview every idiot with a Twitter, Facebook or YouTube account.
Trying to sue the FBI is like trying to sue the pope, unless some hotshots take it pro bono, most all citizens couldnt afford it. The FBI since its inception has gotten away with literally murder.

It could be said they caused this to happen, everyone had the information and the tools to stop this before it ever happened but the media of course is blaming guns and trump and everything but those that screwed this up.

Common
02-16-2018, 09:15 PM
I contacted my local FBI three times on a problem. No one bothered to ever call back.
They were very busy

MisterVeritis
02-16-2018, 10:04 PM
They were very busy
Yep. They had a president to try to overthrow.