PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Hero Citizen Stops Mass Shooting in a Church

Chris
02-18-2018, 08:14 PM
We're hearing little of this: Hero Citizen Stops Mass Shooting in a Church, Cops Show Up and Shoot HIM—Media Silent (http://thefreethoughtproject.com/hero-citizen-stops-mass-shooting-church-cops-show-shoot/)

Amarillo, TX — As news of the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida dominated the airwaves this week, a massive hostage situation—which was quickly turning into a mass shooting situation—was foiled by a hero in a church. That hero, however, is now in the hospital after police showed up to the scene and shot him.

The situation was well on its way to becoming one of the deadliest shootings in history as the gunman took over 100 people hostage inside the Faith City Mission church on Wednesday.

“They said there was a gun in the building everyone started running all different ways,” said Clay Murdock, a student at Faith City Mission.

According to WLOX, Murdock said he tried to get as many people inside their sound room as possible.

“We’re standing in there and everyone starts praying,” said Murdock. “I went outside to see what was going on if I could get more people in there and right when as I went outside the guy was standing right in front of me with the pistol.”

Murdock then ran outside.

According to the Amarillo police, the initial call came in around 8:45 a.m. and indicated that there was an armed suspect inside who was holding 100 people hostage.

Sergeant Brent Barbee told reporters that when officers breached the building, they encountered an individual who had a handgun.

“The officers fired shots that struck the man,” said Barbee. “After some additional investigation, they’ve learned that the man that [had] the gun may have taken the firearm away from the original suspect in the call. The man who originally had the gun has been taken into custody.”

Later that day, police clarified that they indeed shot the wrong man.

“The initial investigation indicates that the man the officer shot had originally been in a struggle with the original suspect and had taken away the gun from the suspect. The initial suspect has been taken into custody and is not injured. No other persons were hit by gunfire. This is very early in the investigation and more details will be available at a later time,” read the report.

As Amarillo.com reports, the hero of the story is a student at Faith City Mission church. After he and the private church security officers wrestled the shooter to the ground and got the gun away from him, one or more Amarillo police officers opened fire on the student.

“Members of the security team took the gunman down and one of our students was able to wrestle the gun away,” she said. “Our thoughts are with our injured student and we praise God for his protection while honoring the heroic actions of our security team, students and everyone else involved — which prevented the situation from becoming far worse.”

The student was taken to a local hospital. The gunman, Joshua Len Jones, 35, of Amarillo was taken to jail unharmed.

Faith City Mission Executive Director Jena Taylor said the student, who was not identified, had surgery Wednesday but was in stable condition and remains hospitalized, reports Amarillo.com.

exotix
02-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Its always great to hear how a good guy with a gun stopped a bad with a gun ... its like +1 + -1 = 0

Chris
02-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Its always great to hear how a good guy with a gun stopped a bad with a gun ... its like +1 + -1 = 0

The hero didn't have a gun.

exotix
02-18-2018, 09:26 PM
The hero didn't have a gun.Correct, he was shot by good guys with guns.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2018, 09:35 PM
It’s great to see the usual suspects commenting on something they didn’t read.

Mister D
02-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Exotix almost seems disappointed.

exotix
02-18-2018, 09:59 PM

Exotix almost seems disappointed.I knew you would miss my point completely ... that's what makes America great ... people shooting each other with guns = 0

gamewell45
02-18-2018, 10:04 PM
I'm certainly glad the good Samaritan wasn't killed and hopefully makes a speedy recovery.

Tahuyaman
02-18-2018, 10:06 PM
I knew you would miss my point completely ... that's what makes America great ... people shooting each other with guns = 0
Often the wrong people get shot.

Chris
02-19-2018, 08:14 AM
I knew you would miss my point completely ... that's what makes America great ... people shooting each other with guns = 0

Except the point here is no one got killed. The kid and others stepped up and disarmed the shooter.

Grokmaster
02-19-2018, 08:17 AM

It's called "Chicago" and other democrat-run urban hellholes....

Beevee
02-19-2018, 09:23 AM
Often the wrong people get shot.

Why do any people need to be shot at all?

zelmo1234
02-19-2018, 09:24 AM

Great Question? Why do they commit any crimes, after all they are illegal,

Beevee
02-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Great Question? Why do they commit any crimes, after all they are illegal,

Its gratifying to note that all shootings in America are committed by illegals.
Now I understand why Trump wants to get rid of them. Why didn't he say so in a tweet? "Expelling illegals means an end to gun crime in America"
At least Conservatives would believe it.

Peter1469
02-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Now I understand why Trump wants to get rid of them. Why didn't he say so in a tweet? "Expelling illegals means an end to gun crime in America"
Can you repost something that makes sense?

zelmo1234
02-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Please Tell me you are HIGH this morning LOL

So what my question is plan and simple. What new Gun laws do you feel would have prevented any of the mass shootings that have happened in the past 50 years.

Chris
02-19-2018, 09:53 AM

Good question. Why do people kill each other, as far back as Cain and Able?

Beevee
02-19-2018, 10:09 AM
Can you repost something that makes sense?

I always believed your bar exam qualifications were acquired from Trump University and your post tends to prove it. It's evident you cannot work out cexplanations without resorting to umpteen questions.
Perhaps other lawyers here can give you some tips

Tahuyaman
02-19-2018, 10:46 AM

He didn't say that.

Beevee
02-19-2018, 11:36 AM

Was Abel shot then?

Beevee
02-19-2018, 11:39 AM
He didn't say that.

Really? I dont see you defending me when I am charged with saying something I didnt. But my not being a rightist may be the reason.

Tahuyaman
02-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Really? I dont see you defending me when I am charged with saying something I didnt. But my not being a rightist may be the reason.

You went after him for something he didn't say. You saw the word "illegal" and made a silly assumption.

Now, if you get criticized for something you didn't say, Ill comment on that if and when I see it hapoen. So far I don't recall a time that has happened.

Beevee
02-19-2018, 12:34 PM
You went after him for something he didn't say. You saw the word "illegal" and made a silly assumption.

Now, if you get criticized for something you didn't say, Ill comment on that if and when I see it hapoen. So far I don't recall a time that has happened.

Oh! So illegal is only illegal when a liberal mentions it. Yes, I get it!

zelmo1234
02-19-2018, 12:36 PM

Maybe instead of making this about you?

You would not mind answering the question, What new Gun law would have prevented this shooting???

Captdon
02-19-2018, 12:38 PM

You didn't have a point. It was the police shooting the wrong guy. You want to disarm the cops?

Tahuyaman
02-19-2018, 12:40 PM

No. You don't get it.

Captdon
02-19-2018, 12:41 PM

They don't. But, they are. If someone wants to shoot me I'd like to have a chance to defend myself. You should hope for a change of mind.

Captdon
02-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Your reading comprehension is very low. The crimes are illegal. You got your liberal talking points mixed up.

Captdon
02-19-2018, 12:44 PM
I always believed your bar exam qualifications were acquired from Trump University and your post tends to prove it. It's evident you cannot work out cexplanations without resorting to umpteen questions.
Perhaps other lawyers here can give you some tips

You lost by responding to something not said. Embarrased?

Captdon
02-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Was Abel shot then?

Oh, my. You really are off the mark.

Captdon
02-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Breaking the law is illegal when anyone says it.

Mixing that up with illegal immigrants is only a liberal trait.

Ravens Fan
02-19-2018, 02:01 PM
General Warning to all: Stop with the insults, discuss the topic and not each other.

Grokmaster
02-19-2018, 02:14 PM

We should ban assault rocks...

Chris
02-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Was Abel shot then?

Does that make a differnece? A stone, a knife, a gun?

Chris
02-19-2018, 02:51 PM
We should ban assault rocks...

https://i.snag.gy/nC4qPY.jpg

Beevee
02-19-2018, 03:08 PM
Maybe instead of making this about you?

You would not mind answering the question, What new Gun law would have prevented this shooting???

Where did I suggest any amendment to gun laws? It wouldn't make the slightest difference since many Americans put such a low value on life that any such attempt would be fruitless.

Chris
02-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Where did I suggest any amendment to gun laws? It wouldn't make the slightest difference since many Americans put such a low value on life that any such attempt would be fruitless.

Let's not bring abortion into it!

Beevee
02-19-2018, 03:12 PM
No. You don't get it.

What I do get is the callous disregard of human life. Are you in that category?

Beevee
02-19-2018, 03:13 PM
Let's not bring abortion into it!

Hilarious from someone who accuses others of going off topic

Chris
02-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Hilarious from someone who accuses others of going off topic

You don't think that contributes to a callous disregard of human life?

zelmo1234
02-19-2018, 03:14 PM
I think that we could use a little more value for Human life, Maybe we should no ban God from our schools that might be a good place to start?

Tahuyaman
02-19-2018, 03:15 PM

You still don't get what false conclusion you jumped to, do you?

Beevee
02-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Does that make a differnece? A stone, a knife, a gun?

Are you then a supporter of nil killings but equally a supporter of being armed as a deterrent to the lack of homicidal deaths?

zelmo1234
02-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Are you then a supporter of nil killings but equally a supporter of being armed as a deterrent to the lack of homicidal deaths?

I am not an advocate of being target practice for someone that is intent on killing people

So yes I don't mind being an armed citizen, it takes some work but if anything should ever happen around the people that I love and I can do something about it? It is worth it. I will still pray every day that I never am put in that spot.

Chris
02-19-2018, 03:56 PM

Not sure I understand the question. I am for an armed citizenry, well-trained, as a deterrent to tyranny as well as day to day self-defense.

Beevee
02-19-2018, 06:11 PM
Well, good luck to you all. I know you will need it more than me.

silvereyes
02-19-2018, 06:12 PM

(((Hugs))))
Thanks, Beevee.

Chris
02-19-2018, 07:00 PM

If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.

Cthulhu
02-19-2018, 07:35 PM
At least Conservatives would believe it.You know we can tell when you've been using right?

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Abby08
02-19-2018, 07:40 PM
Anyone here, bitching about armed citizens, would be grateful and appreciative if an armed citizen saved their life or, the life of a loved one and they know it.

Chris
02-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Armed citizens created this country.