PDA

View Full Version : Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying On Americans?​

Wehrwolfen
02-19-2018, 01:44 AM
Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying On Americans? (https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3632860/posts)​
By Thomas J. Farnan
February 17, 2018

Under the Constitution, there are three branches of government. The FBI is not one of them. Instead, the FBI was created to assist the president in his job to enforce laws. Members of the FBI are called “agents” because of their agency relationship with the president.
During World War II and then the Red Scare, the FBI's mission expanded to gather intelligence against spies. Here, too, the FBI was assisting the Commander in Chief. Even the word “intelligence” connotes this fact. The purpose was to help the president act intelligently against domestic threats.
The FBI’s domestic intelligence gathering function caused understandable discomfort on the left. In 1970's apocrypha, President Nixon couldn’t wait to get the goods on undesirables like the Smothers Brothers. Or so we were told by the Smothers Brothers, back when the FBI's mission creep cast it as the Gestapo.
In response to Nixon’s perceived overreach, liberal Idaho (before those words were an oxymoron) Senator Frank Church set up a commission to investigate domestic surveillance abuses. Technology, by then, permitted federal agencies to capture huge amounts of wire communications without disclosing their eavesdropping to Americans who were being surveilled.
Senator Church stated his concerns on an episode of Meet the Press:
“If this government ever became a tyrant, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total tyranny [against those who] combine together in resistance to the government.”​
The result of Senator Church’s work was the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA). It provided that the FBI could not use its technological capacity to secretly gather intelligence against an American without first going to court with credible evidence that the citizen was a spy.
There were protections.
The statute required rigorous proof. Each warrant would only last for a specified 90-day term and had to be renewed based on the same demanding standard under which it was first granted.
~snip~
Perhaps the most amazing thing about this story is the lack of outrage. The great conceit of the left is that they are willing to stand for principle even on behalf of unpopular actors. Here, they have thrown principle out the window because they don't like Trump. That's messed up.
In the name of Frank Church, in the name of liberal Idaho, in the name of the Smothers Brothers, the country needs your outrage over this, Democrats.

Source: https://townhall.com/columnists/tho...tic-outrage-over-spying-on-americans-n2450480 (https://townhall.com/columnists/thomasjfarnan/2018/02/17/where-is-the-democratic-outrage-over-spying-on-americans-n2450480)
~~~~
This is a good article as far as it goes. Now we have Mueller who just indicted 12 bottles of Russian dressing and a ham sandwich for trolling. Previously he indicted Manafort for some old infraction, Papadopolus for "lying" where Papadopolus said some Russian was a "nothing" and didn't remember the date that he met some other Russian. And then of course Gen. Mike Flynn who served his country well for 35 years faithfully.
The Democrat party of Frank Church, Sam Nunn, and JFK, are long gone. The Party has been radicalized and taken over by outright Marxists. It's why the CPUSA now openly supports (http://www.cpusa.org/interact_cpusa/why-does-the-cpusa-support-democratic-party-candidates-for-the-presidency-instead-of-running-their-own-candidates/) Democrats rather than bothering to run Gus Hall clones every four years. Their work is basically done.
This Russian action has been exposed as a covert act of war. The Russian leader had guilty knowledge. Just as Obama has guilty knowledge for positing that, “We cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia” with the new president.
The 'Establishment' threw everything but the kitchen sink at Trump. Why? He wasn't 'one of them'! McCain, Graham, McConnell, Schumer, Pelosi, Clinton and Obama claim they are.
Donald Trump won enough of the primaries to secure the Republican presidential nomination. The "Deep State", controlled by Obama, began their efforts to prevent any possibility of his victory! 'Collusion' with Russians via Perkins & Coie, Fusion GPS, unlawful surveillance, Clinton operative Robert Creamer sent rent-a-mobs to Trump rallies to discredit Trump and his supporters as 'violent', spending more than a Billion dollars. All to ensure that Hillary would win ... because she was 'one of them' - the Ruling Class!. They failed.
The morning after the election, efforts began to overturn Trump's electoral victory through 'recounts', failing that, 'flip' state electors to Hillary, failing that, establish the 'Russian Collusion' narrative and appoint and task Robert Mueller to manufacture grounds for impeachment.
After more than one year all seems to have failed, yet the butt hurt Leftist Elitists will continue to seek any means to bring down the man chosen by the people for the people.
If we Americans allow these actions of the Progressive Marxist Leftist Democrats to slide, they will do this again in the future. People have to go to jail for their seditious actions and their attempted coup d'etat. We should start at the top and work down. Obama and Hillary should answer the piper and everyone that conspired with them.

The Xl
02-19-2018, 02:15 AM
Most of them don't care.

Common
02-19-2018, 07:03 AM
We had a president for 8 yrs that didnt care, even Dem Adam Schiff on the intelligence committee said Obama didnt stop the russian interference in the campaign. The entire russian fiasco was all during Obamas time not trumps.

MMC
02-19-2018, 07:23 AM
# Democrats are a Disgrace to the Country.

If none will put them on trial or in jail. Then there is only one answer left. Make their lives miserable and don't let them walk around in public without humiliation and shame. Trigger them to do something stupid. Then we can solve the problem once and for all.

gamewell45
02-19-2018, 09:41 AM
# Democrats are a Disgrace to the Country.

If none will put them on trial or in jail. Then there is only one answer left. Make their lives miserable and don't let them walk around in public without humiliation and shame. Trigger them to do something stupid. Then we can solve the problem once and for all.

How are you going to make them miserable? Camp out in front of their houses and protest? Follow them around in public and protest? Once they are out of office regardless of political party, they have no authority or power left. It will accomplish nothing.

zelmo1234
02-19-2018, 09:46 AM
How are you going to make them miserable? Camp out in front of their houses and protest? Follow them around in public and protest? Once they are out of office regardless of political party, they have no authority or power left. It will accomplish nothing.
If they did in fact fabricate information to have Trump and His people under surveillance for political reasons

And I agree that is and IF but there clearly is enough evidence to at least look into it.

It would be nice if those on the left actually were among us in calling for justice. It does not take camping out, but being able to admit that it is possible that someone on the left did something that was terrible and should be held accountable for those actions.

gamewell45
02-19-2018, 09:56 AM
If they did in fact fabricate information to have Trump and His people under surveillance for political reasons

And I agree that is and IF but there clearly is enough evidence to at least look into it.

It would be nice if those on the left actually were among us in calling for justice. It does not take camping out, but being able to admit that it is possible that someone on the left did something that was terrible and should be held accountable for those actions.

My response was to #4; where if no one was put in jail or on trial, we should make their lives miserable?

That being said, I've always maintained that no one is above the law; now why haven't they been put on trial or in jail? I have no idea; I'm sure if there were grounds to do such, either the House or Senate or the Dept of Justice would have acted by now. Perhaps that would be a good question for McConnell, Ryan or Sessions.

MMC
02-19-2018, 10:05 AM

Disrespect, mockery, ridicule, humiliation, and shame.....alone, with their family. Wherever they go. Whoever they are with. See how that works.

Oh and no reason to camp out. You can put up signs in front of their house.

gamewell45
02-19-2018, 10:21 AM
Disrespect, mockery, ridicule, humiliation, and shame.....alone, with their family. Wherever they go. Whoever they are with. See how that works.

And who is going to do that? Conservatives don't do that sort of thing; they have no time since most of them are working. You going to get millennials to go and protest? They are too busy gaming 90% of the time. Maybe you can get some seniors in wheelchairs to protest but you'd better check the heart-lung monitors to make sure they are still alive.

It's a nice dream but highly unlikely to happen.

Oh and no reason to camp out. You can put up signs in front of their house.

Right; and the signs will be torn down every night, plus you'll have to deal with angry neighbors who have no interest in your issue. You'll be spending a lot of money on signs since you'll have to replace them everyday. Who's going to foot the bill for that? The RNC? The protesters?

Come on, be real, it's most likely never going to happen. Once they are out of office people will most likely have no interest in them anymore.

MisterVeritis
02-19-2018, 10:25 AM
My response was to #4; where if no one was put in jail or on trial, we should make their lives miserable?

That being said, I've always maintained that no one is above the law; now why haven't they been put on trial or in jail? I have no idea; I'm sure if there were grounds to do such, either the House or Senate or the Dept of Justice would have acted by now. Perhaps that would be a good question for McConnell, Ryan or Sessions.
Crooked Hillary is not charged because that would uncover Crooked Barack. And Crooked Barack is the chief coup plotter.

MMC
02-19-2018, 12:05 PM
And who is going to do that? Conservatives don't do that sort of thing; they have no time since most of them are working. You going to get millennials to go and protest? They are too busy gaming 90% of the time. Maybe you can get some seniors in wheelchairs to protest but you'd better check the heart-lung monitors to make sure they are still alive.

It's a nice dream but highly unlikely to happen.

Times are changing and people are seeing more and more of those on the Right doing exactly that. The Tea Party should have been a clue.

Right; and the signs will be torn down every night, plus you'll have to deal with angry neighbors who have no interest in your issue. You'll be spending a lot of money on signs since you'll have to replace them everyday. Who's going to foot the bill for that? The RNC? The protesters?

Come on, be real, it's most likely never going to happen. Once they are out of office people will most likely have no interest in them anymore.

Well, lets see them tear down Trucks with signs on them. Or cars. Most in the MS Media that are nothing more than mouthpieces for the Demos. So going after the mouthpieces will work.

gamewell45
02-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Well, lets see them tear down Trucks with signs on them. Or cars. Most in the MS Media that are nothing more than mouthpieces for the Demos. So going after the mouthpieces will work.
Well good luck on that; somehow I don't think it's going to be very effective.

MMC
02-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Well good luck on that; somehow I don't think it's going to be very effective.
Like you would know being a leftist.....what really would work, huh? Sounds more like you don't want to see it happening.

gamewell45
02-19-2018, 12:41 PM
Like you would know being a leftist.....what really would work, huh? Sounds more like you don't want to see it happening.

Because of your defensive response, I'm beginning to realize that you most likely march in lockstep with the conservatives in this country.

That being said, I don't consider myself a leftist and I'm not a politician so any protests have no impact on my either way, therefore I could care less if a bunch of people whether on the right or left or whatever gather to protest. That's their right under the first Amendment.

Try to be just a little more open minded when posting; you'll find that debating will actually be a little more fun.

MMC
02-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Because of your defensive response, I'm beginning to realize that you most likely march in lockstep with the conservatives in this country.

That being said, I don't consider myself a leftist and I'm not a politician so any protests have no impact on my either way, therefore I could care less if a bunch of people whether on the right or left or whatever gather to protest. That's their right under the first Amendment.

Try to be just a little more open minded when posting; you'll find that debating will actually be a little more fun.

Its hardly defensive.

In many issues yes.....Leading the Way.

There is no true neutral.

Its okay GW.....you're not part of the alt left/illiberals. Nor would I consider you one. Also, you never come with the Disrespect, and that is good. :wink:

gamewell45
02-19-2018, 02:40 PM
Its hardly defensive.

In many issues yes.....Leading the Way.

There is no true neutral.

Its okay GW.....you're not part of the alt left/illiberals. Nor would I consider you one. Also, you never come with the Disrespect, and that is good. :wink:

Okay Fair enough. :)

MisterVeritis
02-27-2018, 08:37 PM
"Attorney General Jeff Sessions confirmed Tuesday that the Department of Justice is opening an official inquiry into allegations of abuse and anti-Trump bias in obtaining FISA warrants using DNC-financed material, saying “it will be investigated.”Sessions was speaking with reporters when he announced his agency’s plans to get to the bottom of accusations revealed in Rep. Devin Nunes’ bombshell memo, claiming the Obama administration and FBI used the Clinton-sourced ‘Trump Dossier’ to obtain surveillance warrants against the Trump campaign.
“Yes, it will be investigated,” said the Attorney General, adding it would be the “appropriate thing” to do following Nunes’ four-page document.
Sessions went on to say his Inspector General “will take that as one of the matters he’ll deal with.”

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/day-of-reckoning-sessions-to-open-official-doj-probe-into-obamas-fisa-abuse/

This is tepid. How about a special counsel Jeff?

donttread
02-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying On Americans? (https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3632860/posts)​
By Thomas J. Farnan
February 17, 2018

Under the Constitution, there are three branches of government. The FBI is not one of them. Instead, the FBI was created to assist the president in his job to enforce laws. Members of the FBI are called “agents” because of their agency relationship with the president.
During World War II and then the Red Scare, the FBI's mission expanded to gather intelligence against spies. Here, too, the FBI was assisting the Commander in Chief. Even the word “intelligence” connotes this fact. The purpose was to help the president act intelligently against domestic threats.
The FBI’s domestic intelligence gathering function caused understandable discomfort on the left. In 1970's apocrypha, President Nixon couldn’t wait to get the goods on undesirables like the Smothers Brothers. Or so we were told by the Smothers Brothers, back when the FBI's mission creep cast it as the Gestapo.
In response to Nixon’s perceived overreach, liberal Idaho (before those words were an oxymoron) Senator Frank Church set up a commission to investigate domestic surveillance abuses. Technology, by then, permitted federal agencies to capture huge amounts of wire communications without disclosing their eavesdropping to Americans who were being surveilled.
Senator Church stated his concerns on an episode of Meet the Press:
“If this government ever became a tyrant, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total tyranny [against those who] combine together in resistance to the government.”​
The result of Senator Church’s work was the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA). It provided that the FBI could not use its technological capacity to secretly gather intelligence against an American without first going to court with credible evidence that the citizen was a spy.
There were protections.
The statute required rigorous proof. Each warrant would only last for a specified 90-day term and had to be renewed based on the same demanding standard under which it was first granted.
~snip~
Perhaps the most amazing thing about this story is the lack of outrage. The great conceit of the left is that they are willing to stand for principle even on behalf of unpopular actors. Here, they have thrown principle out the window because they don't like Trump. That's messed up.
In the name of Frank Church, in the name of liberal Idaho, in the name of the Smothers Brothers, the country needs your outrage over this, Democrats.

Source: https://townhall.com/columnists/tho...tic-outrage-over-spying-on-americans-n2450480 (https://townhall.com/columnists/thomasjfarnan/2018/02/17/where-is-the-democratic-outrage-over-spying-on-americans-n2450480)
~~~~
This is a good article as far as it goes. Now we have Mueller who just indicted 12 bottles of Russian dressing and a ham sandwich for trolling. Previously he indicted Manafort for some old infraction, Papadopolus for "lying" where Papadopolus said some Russian was a "nothing" and didn't remember the date that he met some other Russian. And then of course Gen. Mike Flynn who served his country well for 35 years faithfully.
The Democrat party of Frank Church, Sam Nunn, and JFK, are long gone. The Party has been radicalized and taken over by outright Marxists. It's why the CPUSA now openly supports (http://www.cpusa.org/interact_cpusa/why-does-the-cpusa-support-democratic-party-candidates-for-the-presidency-instead-of-running-their-own-candidates/) Democrats rather than bothering to run Gus Hall clones every four years. Their work is basically done.
This Russian action has been exposed as a covert act of war. The Russian leader had guilty knowledge. Just as Obama has guilty knowledge for positing that, “We cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia” with the new president.
The 'Establishment' threw everything but the kitchen sink at Trump. Why? He wasn't 'one of them'! McCain, Graham, McConnell, Schumer, Pelosi, Clinton and Obama claim they are.
Donald Trump won enough of the primaries to secure the Republican presidential nomination. The "Deep State", controlled by Obama, began their efforts to prevent any possibility of his victory! 'Collusion' with Russians via Perkins & Coie, Fusion GPS, unlawful surveillance, Clinton operative Robert Creamer sent rent-a-mobs to Trump rallies to discredit Trump and his supporters as 'violent', spending more than a Billion dollars. All to ensure that Hillary would win ... because she was 'one of them' - the Ruling Class!. They failed.
The morning after the election, efforts began to overturn Trump's electoral victory through 'recounts', failing that, 'flip' state electors to Hillary, failing that, establish the 'Russian Collusion' narrative and appoint and task Robert Mueller to manufacture grounds for impeachment.
After more than one year all seems to have failed, yet the butt hurt Leftist Elitists will continue to seek any means to bring down the man chosen by the people for the people.
If we Americans allow these actions of the Progressive Marxist Leftist Democrats to slide, they will do this again in the future. People have to go to jail for their seditious actions and their attempted coup d'etat. We should start at the top and work down. Obama and Hillary should answer the piper and everyone that conspired with them.

"If " the government became tyrannical? Orwel had it right, he just missed on the date.Nobody grounded in the Constitution supports the warraentless spying that goes on, yet it still goes on