PDA

View Full Version : Phat Chance; There are people who say you couldn't be POTUS because you're so heavy

Cigar
12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Chris Christie tells Barbara Walters his weight would not keep him from becoming president
Gov. Chris Christie told Barbara Walters his weight would not prevent him from being president of the United States one day.
ABC released a clip of her interview with the governor as part of her annual "10 Most Fascinating People of 2012" special broadcast tonight at 9:30 p.m.

"OK, governor, I feel very uncomfortable asking this question when I'm sitting opposite you, but you are a little overweight," she said.

"More than a little," Christie replied.

"Why?"

"If I could figure that out, I'd fix it."

"There are people who say you couldn't be president because you're so heavy."

"That's ridiculous. I mean, that's ridiculous. I don't know what the basis for that it is."
"I think think they're worried about your health."

"Well I've done this job pretty well. I think people watched me for the last number of weeks during Hurricane Sandy doing 18-hour days and getting back up the next day and still being just as effective in the job so i don't think that will be a problem."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/12/chris_christie_tells_barbara_w.html#incart_river_d efault

Now ... if President Obama was that big ... ?

Diabetes high blood pressure, heart disease are all related to excessive weight.I don't care what he says that man cannot be healthy or President

patrickt
12-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Which is the most relevant? What a president does to his health or what a president does to the health of the country? I guess I'd like to see Obama put on a little weight and quit trying to make this a USSA.

Chloe
12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
It shows how superficial we can be when someones weight qualifies or disqualifies them for a job in our minds.

GrassrootsConservative
12-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Ever heard of William Howard Taft? That dude got stuck in a bath tub he was so fat, and he was president.

Why don't you get yourself a proper education, Cigar the nitwit?

hanger4
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
It shows how superficial we can be when someones weight qualifies or disqualifies them for a job in our minds.

Agreesome, but it seems at this time it's only Barbara WaWa who thinks someones weight qualifies or disqualifies them for a job.

Peter1469
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Christie is very personable and engaging. I don't think his weight would be an issue.

Kizzume
12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
I think *some* people would judge him for his weight but the rest would just shrug their shoulders and wonder what the big deal is.

Cigar
12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't care about his size either, unless I'm in the seat next to him on a flight.

Cigar
12-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Agreesome, but it seems at this time it's only Barbara WaWa who thinks someones weight qualifies or disqualifies them for a job.

Im sure Mrs Obama would say the same thing :)

hanger4
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Im sure Mrs Obama would say the same thing :)

Superficial is she ??

Red Green
12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't care about his size either, unless I'm in the seat next to him on a flight.

Considering that nearly 60% of Americans are overweight or obese I don't see how this is an issue infact if a fats ran for president I think he would have lots of sympathizers and the heavyweights would band together to get one of their own in and while we may not have a fat president at the moment it should be noted that there are several fat State governors, legislature representatives, and mayors.