PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC: Handguns Are Too Slow To Stop A School Shooter

Common
02-24-2018, 06:28 AM
MSNBC anchors are "idiots" they dont have a clue wtf they are talking about and anyone that knows anything about guns knows it.

A semi auto handgun is FASTER than a semi auto rifle in the sense its much faster to aquire your target with a handgun and reaquire your target. Reloading a semi auto pistol and reaquiring is so much faster than a rifle, especially at short distances like in a school.

MSNBC anchors are claiming that teachers armed with handguns would be unable to stop a school shooter because rifles shoot “three times faster.”

Anchor Lawrence O’Donnell said on his show Thursday night that “a bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun…and yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter.”

Lawrence: A bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun.

And yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter looololol Wut a moron

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/23/msnbc-handguns-are-too-slow-to-stop-a-school-shooter/

stjames1_53
02-24-2018, 06:36 AM
He obviously has absolutely NO experience around firearms, and as such, should not be reporting anything concerning firearms...... but I betcha he knows what a pop tart gun can do. :wink:

donttread
02-24-2018, 07:06 AM
MSNBC anchors are "idiots" they dont have a clue wtf they are talking about and anyone that knows anything about guns knows it.

A semi auto handgun is FASTER than a semi auto rifle in the sense its much faster to aquire your target with a handgun and reaquire your target. Reloading a semi auto pistol and reaquiring is so much faster than a rifle, especially at short distances like in a school.

MSNBC anchors are claiming that teachers armed with handguns would be unable to stop a school shooter because rifles shoot “three times faster.”

Anchor Lawrence O’Donnell said on his show Thursday night that “a bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun…and yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter.”

Lawrence: A bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun.

And yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter looololol Wut a moron

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/23/msnbc-handguns-are-too-slow-to-stop-a-school-shooter/

LOL. New control freak angle. Did anyone mention to them that it only takes 1 or 2 well placed shots?

zelmo1234
02-24-2018, 07:16 AM
Here is the sad part. Nobody and I mean Nobody will call him out on this.

And there will be Millions of people that actually believe that it is true.

This is another reason that we can't trust the left when it comes to the second amendment.

They are ignorant on the subject but they are arrogant as well and believe that they know it all.

How many of them do you think really believe that the AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NAtO is the most powerful rifle in the world.

MMC
02-24-2018, 08:33 AM
Here is the sad part. Nobody and I mean Nobody will call him out on this.

And there will be Millions of people that actually believe that it is true.

This is another reason that we can't trust the left when it comes to the second amendment.

They are ignorant on the subject but they are arrogant as well and believe that they know it all.

How many of them do you think really believe that the AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NAtO is the most powerful rifle in the world.

Correct.....it wont stop until those on the Right humiliate and disrespect the leftness in front of the camera. Then it will stop once they know they can be mentally bitchslapped in front of all their viewers.

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 08:49 AM

Agreed. LWL idiocy and ignorance.

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Correct.....it wont stop until those on the Right humiliate and disrespect the leftness in front of the camera. Then it will stop once they know they can be mentally $#@!slapped in front of all their viewers.

The problem is the left controls the cameras and therefore they control the narrative. Other than the NRA who is speaking for us? You can write all the letters to the editor you want and a very small percentage get published. How many newspapers today are owned and controlled by USA Today or other left leaning newspapers. Here, locally, although the vote was 70% for Donald Trump the articles and letters would have the casual observer believe the entire area absolutely hates him.

My wife, bless her soul, cannot be convinced the AR15 is not an "assault rifle" and in fact there is no such thing as an "assault rifle". And she is pro gun!

Isn't it odd that Hollywood who rabidly speaks out against gun ownership continues to make movies glorifying guns and are increasing violent and realistic.

waltky
02-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... get ya a 12ga. Mossburg...

... an' set the choke to a wide spray."

Common Sense
02-24-2018, 09:14 AM
It's true that a lot of liberals are ignorant when it comes to real knowledge of firearms.

They use hyperbolic terms and it certainly doesn't help honest discussions on firearms.

MMC
02-24-2018, 09:19 AM
The problem is the left controls the cameras and therefore they control the narrative. Other than the NRA who is speaking for us? You can write all the letters to the editor you want and a very small percentage get published. How many newspapers today are owned and controlled by USA Today or other left leaning newspapers. Here, locally, although the vote was 70% for Donald Trump the articles and letters would have the casual observer believe the entire area absolutely hates him.

My wife, bless her soul, cannot be convinced the AR15 is not an "assault rifle" and in fact there is no such thing as an "assault rifle". And she is pro gun!

Isn't it odd that Hollywood who rabidly speaks out against gun ownership continues to make movies glorifying guns and are increasing violent and realistic.

That's true they do control the cameras. But they can't stop the roll when its live.

The Right has been making moves. The Chicago Tribune bought out the L.A. Times, the Chicago Sun Times, the Daily herald and about 50 some other Leftists Papers. Plenty of Lib tards are getting their walking papers. Still got to keep some on to make it look good.

Yeah and several of those Hollywood celebs that came out against guns, had incidents with their homes and the first thing they did was go and get their gun. Or one of their family members gun.

Common
02-24-2018, 10:23 AM
He obviously has absolutely NO experience around firearms, and as such, should not be reporting anything concerning firearms...... but I betcha he knows what a pop tart gun can do. :wink:

Hes intentionally stating lies like a whole bunch of them are on CNN

Common
02-24-2018, 10:24 AM
It's true that a lot of liberals are ignorant when it comes to real knowledge of firearms.

They use hyperbolic terms and it certainly doesn't help honest discussions on firearms.

It makes it much worse because others believe their liars, in the case of Lawrence Odonnel im sure he knows nothing about firearms but I have to add he wouldnt be above lieing if he knows

Common
02-24-2018, 10:25 AM

YO WALT WHUZZUP glad to see you back

Common
02-24-2018, 10:27 AM

My wife says my Ar-15 is wicked looking but I convinced her its not an assault weapon and that my pistols are more dangerous in the house than the AR

Ransom
02-24-2018, 10:40 AM
My wife says my Ar-15 is wicked looking but I convinced her its not an assault weapon and that my pistols are more dangerous in the house than the AR
I think they're fun, I've shot a few at Range where club members can shoot whatever. It is wicked looking though.

I would support......harsher restrictions for such guns. A more thorough background check. And a serious amount of money for a processing fee. Force it to be registered every year, something that would persuade you to purchase another form of weapon.

I would also support licensing laws.

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2018, 10:54 AM

Thank you for acknowledging that. It helps when someone understands just what is being discussed.

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2018, 10:59 AM
I think they're fun, I've shot a few at Range where club members can shoot whatever. It is wicked looking though.

I would support......harsher restrictions for such guns. A more thorough background check. And a serious amount of money for a processing fee. Force it to be registered every year, something that would persuade you to purchase another form of weapon.

I respectfully disagree. Why greater punishment for a firearm that is no different than any other semi automatic? Keep in mind an AR 15 is not fully automatic and those that are are controlled as you are suggesting now for this weapon.
If we are going to regulate guns just on what they look like it won't be long before the only non regulated weapons will be black powder muzzle loaders.

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 11:01 AM

My grandpappy had a .410 shotpistol. It was a hoot to shoot.

I've thought about buying a Taurus Judge or S&W Governor for home and car self-defense against snake, both slithering and walking.
http://www.guns.com/review/taurus-judge-vs-governor/

Although pricier, I'm leaning toward the Smith with Crimson Trace laser sight.

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Kept in mind it only takes one shot to stop a shooter regardless of what he is using.

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 11:08 AM

Judging by appearances?

https://i.imgflip.com/sg5f5.jpg

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 11:12 AM
Agreed. "wicked looking" is not sufficient reason to ban a firearm.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2duwfls.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2wdzeo7.jpg

MisterVeritis
02-24-2018, 11:23 AM

Those things you support are infringements.

The Xl
02-24-2018, 11:26 AM
When I think of someone who is knowledgeable on guns, I think of Lawrence O'Donnell.

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 11:30 AM
When I think of someone who is knowledgeable on guns, I think of Lawrence O'Donnell.
LOL. I hope you are joking.

When I think of someone who is knowledgeable on guns, I think of GySgt Carlos Hathcock (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock). I had the honor of being taught by him at Quantico, VA during my training in the mid-70s.

Don
02-24-2018, 11:41 AM

They must not have watched the John Wick movies where he killed 205 people, mostly with a hand gun. The movies were nothing more than converting "1st person" shooting games into real life scenarios. Remember when people were concerned that cartoon violence might make young people act out? Now they show them the real thing with all its blood, gore, brains and guts. No respect for life at all. As a matter of fact movies now portray criminals and gangsters and mobsters as heroes. No rule of law and torturing people are part of their daily lives. It took decades to tear down the moral structure of this country and it will take some years to swing the balance back. Until then we will just have to protect our kids the same way we protect airliners.

https://youtu.be/ChpLV9AMqm4

Captdon
02-24-2018, 12:37 PM

So, to hell with your Constitutional rights.

Cletus
02-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Kept in mind it only takes one shot to stop a shooter regardless of what he is using.

Sometimes, but not really very often. That is more true of rifles than handguns, but even then it is not a certainty.

The FBI has determined that the most effective commonly used defensive handgun round is 125 grain jacketed hollowpoint .357 Magnum, fired from a 4" barrel. Even it though, has only about a 62% one hit stop probability.

That is why we always train shooters to fire in controlled pairs. Always remember the old adage "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice."

That doesn't mean you can't end a gunfight with a single hit. It just means you can't depend on doing it. Shoot him until he is no longer a threat, then you can stop shooting him.

Cletus
02-24-2018, 01:47 PM
They must not have watched the John Wick movies where he killed 205 people, mostly with a hand gun. The movies were nothing more than converting "1st person" shooting games into real life scenarios. Remember when people were concerned that cartoon violence might make young people act out? Now they show them the real thing with all its blood, gore, brains and guts. No respect for life at all. As a matter of fact movies now portray criminals and gangsters and mobsters as heroes. No rule of law and torturing people are part of their daily lives. It took decades to tear down the moral structure of this country and it will take some years to swing the balance back. Until then we will just have to protect our kids the same way we protect airliners.

https://youtu.be/ChpLV9AMqm4

Reeves actually has excellent gun handling skills, unlike most of the Hollywood crowd.

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Sometimes, but not really very often. That is more true of rifles than handguns, but even then it is not a certainty.

The FBI has determined that the most effective commonly used defensive handgun round is 125 grain jacketed hollowpoint .357 Magnum, fired from a 4" barrel. Even it though, has only about a 62% one hit stop probability.

That is why we always train shooters to fire in controlled pairs. Always remember the old adage "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice."

That doesn't mean you can't end a gunfight with a single hit. It just means you can't depend on doing it. Shoot him until he is no longer a threat, then you can stop shooting him.
A double tap is always a good strategy.

Ransom
02-24-2018, 03:54 PM
Those things you support are infringements.
I get it. And support submitting it though the States. The Constitution amended not out of the question 2/3 of the states in a ballot during our next Presidential election for example. I understand the second amendment protects current laws and rights and support that 100%. I am in fact in favor of defining gun rights more specifically in an amendment. If it fails, it fails. If it passes. It passes.

Ransom
02-24-2018, 03:58 PM
So, to hell with your Constitutional rights.
No, I cede to the Constitution. As written today, I believe every law abiding American can own and carry. I support an effort via amendment so that it's not unconstitutional when laws change. In order for example to define and clarify our Founder's intent. Taking mental health into consideration. State's rights to increase licensing and registration laws. I'm not suggesting we enact given proposals now, a change in current law would have to be implemented.

Grokmaster
02-24-2018, 04:47 PM

The MSNBC Dual Numbskulls on the Scarborough Show were claiming that an AR15 is "deadlier than an M16" two days ago....idiots.

Grokmaster
02-24-2018, 04:48 PM

You got it...Granny knows her stuff!!!

Or even better, a SEMI-AUTO 12 Ga. loaded w/00 buck !!!!

Grokmaster
02-24-2018, 04:50 PM

My tactical shotgun is FAR MORE DANGEROUS (to the bad guys) in the house...FAR MORE.

Peter1469
02-24-2018, 04:51 PM
The MSNBC Dual Numbskulls on the Scarborough Show were claiming that an AR15 is "deadlier than an M16" two days ago....idiots.

That is a big problem with the gun control debate. Too many people don't know a thing about guns and then spout talking points given to them by the hard left who want total confiscation.

Max Rockatansky
02-24-2018, 05:14 PM
That is a big problem with the gun control debate. Too many people don't know a thing about guns and then spout talking points given to them by the hard left who want total confiscation.
Agreed. Part of the problem is 24/7 cable news channels needing to fill the air with noise. It reaches a point where they'll just blab what ever comes to mind without researching it first.

Not picking on Fox because they all do it, but the other day I was watching Fox & Friends. They were blabbing away, cut to an actual reporter for 2 minutes, then spent another 15 minutes blabbing away.