PDA

View Full Version : Koch document reveals who is actually in charge of the domestic policy agenda

Crepitus
02-25-2018, 02:58 PM
KOCH DOCUMENT REVEALS LAUNDRY LIST OF POLICY VICTORIES EXTRACTED FROM THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION (https://theintercept.com/2018/02/25/koch-brothers-trump-administration/)

IN THE BACKDROP of a chaotic first year of Donald Trump’s presidency, the conservative Koch brothers have won victory after victory in their bid to reshape American government to their interests.

Documents obtained by The Intercept and Documented show that the network of wealthy donors led by billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch have taken credit for a laundry list of policy achievements extracted from the Trump administration and their allies in Congress.

The donors have pumped campaign contributions not only to GOP lawmakers, but also to an array of third-party organizations that have pressured officials to act swiftly to roll back limits on pollution, approve new pipeline projects, and extend the largest set of upper-income tax breaks in generations.

“This year, thanks in part to research and outreach efforts across institutions, we have seen progress on many regulatory priorities this Network has championed for years,” the memo notes. The document highlights environmental issues that the Koch brothers have long worked to undo, such as the EPA Clean Power Plan, which is currently under the process of being formally repealed, and Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, among their major accomplishments. The memo also highlighted administration efforts to walk back planned rules to strengthen the estate tax in a list of 13 regulatory decisions favored by the network.

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Welcome to post-Citizens United America.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2018, 03:13 PM
KOCH DOCUMENT REVEALS LAUNDRY LIST OF POLICY VICTORIES EXTRACTED FROM THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION (https://theintercept.com/2018/02/25/koch-brothers-trump-administration/)
I like it. We owe them a debt of gratitude.

MMC
02-25-2018, 04:06 PM
And?????

MMC
02-25-2018, 04:08 PM

For some reason, they think this is different than the Leftist activist/lobbyist/donors that do the same thing.

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 05:51 PM
For what? Using their wealth to get their way? To their contribution to the increasing division in our country? They aren't alone in being problematic, but they aren't helping.
If there's ever a bloody revolution in this country, I'll be shooting the extremists on both sides as a solution to peace.

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 05:52 PM
For some reason, they think this is different than the Leftist activist/lobbyist/donors that do the same thing.
Agreed. The LW extremists disagree with it, but then they applaud those on their side who do exactly the same thing. Not right, not just and not what is best for our country.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2018, 05:58 PM

For what? Using their wealth to get their way? To their contribution to the increasing division in our country? They aren't alone in being problematic, but they aren't helping.
If there's ever a bloody revolution in this country, I'll be shooting the extremists on both sides as a solution to peace.
For what? In his first year, President Trump has been magnificent. If he had help from the libertarian Koch Brothers who am I to worry or care?

Given your apparent leftism, I suspect you will be as much a target as you claim others will be. Please wear a red coat and stand in the open.

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 06:51 PM

For what? In his first year, President Trump has been magnificent. If he had help from the libertarian Koch Brothers who am I to worry or care?
Given your apparent leftism, I suspect you will be as much a target as you claim others will be. Please wear a red coat and stand in the open.
No doubt you'd kneel before Trump and suck up whatever he offered you. IMO, the best thing about Trump is he beat Hillary. Other than that, he's a fucking moron. I'd happily support President Pence and hope to see him sworn in soon.

Scerab
02-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Indoctrinated zombies...
trump is working diligently to enrich him self and the top %1 of Americans. And the math is out there you just need to open your eyes. In 2017 the top %5 of Americans held more than %60 of all assets in the United States of lobbyists, up from %54 in 2013.
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180223-how-rich-are-the-rich-if-only-you-knew
by the time the bigot-in-chief is done Americans will be asking Africa for boxes of food...

hanger4
02-25-2018, 07:31 PM
Indoctrinated zombies...trump is working diligently to enrich him self and the top %1 of Americans. And the math is out there you just need to open your eyes. In 2017 the top %5 of Americans held more than %60 of all assets in the United States of lobbyists, up from %54 in 2013.http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180223-how-rich-are-the-rich-if-only-you-knewby the time the bigot-in-chief is done Americans will be asking Africa for boxes of food...Seems Obama was good for the top 5%. Complaints ??

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 07:32 PM
Indoctrinated zombies...
trump is working diligently to enrich him self and the top %1 of Americans. And the math is out there you just need to open your eyes. In 2017 the top %5 of Americans held more than %60 of all assets in the United States of lobbyists, up from %54 in 2013.
http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180223-how-rich-are-the-rich-if-only-you-knew
by the time the bigot-in-chief is done Americans will be asking Africa for boxes of food...
LOL. I listened to the RWNJs spout the same bullshit for 8 years during the Obama administration. Funny to watch the political extremists flip-flop.

Jeez, you'd think we'd have better back injury advances in medicine.

Scerab
02-25-2018, 07:45 PM
You can blame Obama all you want... but he had to work with a red enslaved legislature. He Only had a blue legislature for two years of his tenure, and what did he do with that? pass a healthcare law that gave healthcare options to tens of millions of Americans and levied a tax on rich Americans. Then he had 6 years of struggle with a red enslaved legislature.
What did trump do in his first year with a fully red and enslaved legislature? Pass a tax scam that benefited Berkshire Hathaway more then 29 billion dollars of TAX DOLLARS, while throwing a bone to the middle and low income citizens of the United States of lobbyists...

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 08:21 PM
You can blame Obama all you want... but he had to work with a red enslaved legislature. He Only had a blue legislature for two years of his tenure, and what did he do with that? pass a healthcare law that gave healthcare options to tens of millions of Americans and levied a tax on rich Americans. Then he had 6 years of struggle with a red enslaved legislature.
What did trump do in his first year with a fully red and enslaved legislature? Pass a tax scam that benefited Berkshire Hathaway more then 29 billion dollars of TAX DOLLARS, while throwing a bone to the middle and low income citizens of the United States of lobbyists...
Wow. Quoted to prove who's sensible and who has gone over the edge. Good luck, kid.

Tahuyaman
02-25-2018, 09:01 PM
C'mon people, you know that only left wingers are allowed to promote their ideas to government. The rest of us are supposed to shut up and just take it.

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 09:12 PM
C'mon people, you know that only left wingers are allowed to promote their ideas to government. The rest of us are supposed to shut up and just take it.
Complete bullshit as you just displayed. LWLs and RWNJs are allowed to scream all they like just like everyone else.

It's a free country and only the fucking nutjobs are saying it isn't.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2018, 09:13 PM
No doubt you'd kneel before Trump and suck up whatever he offered you. IMO, the best thing about Trump is he beat Hillary. Other than that, he's a fucking moron. I'd happily support President Pence and hope to see him sworn in soon.
Incompetent people have difficulty recognizing competence.

Max Rockatansky
02-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Incompetent people have difficulty recognizing competence.
Insane people have difficulty recognizing sanity.

MisterVeritis
02-25-2018, 09:27 PM
Insane people have difficulty recognizing sanity.
I have never held that against you.

MMC
02-26-2018, 07:22 AM
Agreed. The LW extremists disagree with it, but then they applaud those on their side who do exactly the same thing. Not right, not just and not what is best for our country.

The difference is in the ideologies. What they stand for and what they are about.

What makes the Koch brothers extremists? As the leftness thinks Conservatism is extreme. In any shape form or fashion. Including fiscally.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2018, 09:53 AM
The difference is in the ideologies. What they stand for and what they are about.

What makes the Koch brothers extremists? As the leftness thinks Conservatism is extreme. In any shape form or fashion. Including fiscally.
The Kochs struck me as Libertarians for awhile, then as NeoCons. I think their ideology is primarily profit based. Nothing wrong with this since the LWers have their multimillionaires and billionaires doing exactly the same thing from their end. My concern isn't the Koch brothers, but the way money is being used to influence politics in the US.

By ruling money as free speech, money is giving an elite, be they left or right, a much, much larger voice than the average american. By ruling that corporations, a soulless entity that can virtually live forever, the rights of citizenship, we've created a supercitizen with a bigger voice and longer lifetime than all other Americans. It's not right IMHO. It's not the way we should want our nation to operate.

MMC
02-26-2018, 10:15 AM
The Kochs struck me as Libertarians for awhile, then as NeoCons. I think their ideology is primarily profit based. Nothing wrong with this since the LWers have their multimillionaires and billionaires doing exactly the same thing from their end. My concern isn't the Koch brothers, but the way money is being used to influence politics in the US.

By ruling money as free speech, money is giving an elite, be they left or right, a much, much larger voice than the average american. By ruling that corporations, a soulless entity that can virtually live forever, the rights of citizenship, we've created a supercitizen with a bigger voice and longer lifetime than all other Americans. It's not right IMHO. It's not the way we should want our nation to operate.

Well they are about Capitalism.

What about Unions....they do the same exact thing as Corporations and have been for years. Long before Citizen's United came around. Why should they be considered special and live on forever. Especially when all their members like with Corporations, don't want to be part of an endorsement.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 10:17 AM

All leftists believe as you do.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2018, 10:44 AM
All leftists believe as you do.
Only in the minds of fascists who seek to ban the First Amendment.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Only in the minds of fascists who seek to ban the First Amendment.
I love your taunt-attempt. Good. Well, to be fair, only average.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2018, 11:29 AM
I love your taunt-attempt. Good. Well, to be fair, only average.
Thank you for being honest enough to not deny you are seeking to deprive middle-class, white Americans their First Amendment rights of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Assembly.

Captdon
02-26-2018, 11:48 AM

The world as you want to see it. You seem to believe anything that is anti-Republican. You seem to have no problem with Soros and his backing BLM, anti-fa and other terrorist groups. It's a good thing your world is a fantasy.

Captdon
02-26-2018, 11:50 AM
No doubt you'd kneel before Trump and suck up whatever he offered you. IMO, the best thing about Trump is he beat Hillary. Other than that, he's a $#@!ing moron. I'd happily support President Pence and hope to see him sworn in soon.

Not going to happen. Never.

Captdon
02-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Indoctrinated zombies...

Fool-in-chief- what is it that you have against wealth? I suspect it's jealousy. i have what i have and i don't care what you have or don't have. Why would I? Answer that.

From 2103 until the end of 2016 that gap rose under Obama. Learn a little history.

the percentage sign goes after the number not before it. A little help for you.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 11:56 AM
Thank you for being honest enough to not deny you are seeking to deprive middle-class, white Americans their First Amendment rights of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Assembly.
This is leftist nuttiness. Ah, you support government unions. I forgot. And what center-right person doesn't support the union of government workers and leftist politicians against the taxpayers?

Wait! You are not black, are you? That would explain your Trump hatred and support for government unions. Of course, you are center-right. LOL.

Captdon
02-26-2018, 11:57 AM

Money has always ruled. It did in 1789 as much as it does today. It's never going to be any different.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 11:58 AM
If soon means seven more years you may very well get your wish.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2018, 12:11 PM
If soon means seven more years you may very well get your wish.
I'm betting sooner than that.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Money has always ruled. It did in 1789 as much as it does today. It's never going to be any different.
It seems to go in cycles. Agreed we've had some pretty rough times regarding the rich exploiting common Americans.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 12:19 PM
I'm betting sooner than that.
How did your assessment of the last presidential election go? Did you bet Candidate Trump would win the nomination? Did you bet he would win the Presidency?

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 12:20 PM
It seems to go in cycles. Agreed we've had some pretty rough times regarding the rich exploiting common Americans.
All center-right people sound like Marxists with class exploitation language. Really, they do.

Max Rockatansky
02-26-2018, 12:22 PM
How did your assessment of the last presidential election go? Did you bet Candidate Trump would win the nomination? Did you bet he would win the Presidency?
I'm glad he won, but had bet the odds which gave Hillary the edge. I'm sure Trump himself was equally surprised. No matter how much people hate Trump or how often he sticks his foot in his mouth via Twitter, he's better than Hillary.

MisterVeritis
02-26-2018, 12:26 PM
I'm glad he won, but had bet the odds which gave Hillary the edge. I'm sure Trump himself was equally surprised. No matter how much people hate Trump or how often he sticks his foot in his mouth via Twitter, he's better than Hillary.
Okay. I believe president Trump will be ranked among the best, with Washington, Lincoln, and Reagan by historians. I also predicted very soon after his announcement that he would win the nomination. I further predicted, much to the delight of the many leftists here that Candidate Trump would win.

If the Republican party will get out of its own way I believe the Republicans will hold both House and Senate with seat gains in both. But if they grant amnesty they will lose.