PDA

View Full Version : Does Talk Radio Hold Influence And Form Opinions Or Just Entertainment?

Red Green
12-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Afew times aweek I get to work with Jerry when we are riding to and from a jobsite he basically takes over the radio in the morning it's Glen Beck about lunch it's Rush after Rush some local pundit.

Listening to Beck makes you feel as if the world was coming to an end next week then Rush Limbaugh is not nearly as dramatic but constantly repeats "we are losing the country".

The callers often seen genuinely frightened and old Jerry even gets to hollering even banging his fist on the dash if he is passionate about the content.

My question is do programs like these actually influence a listeners decisions?

KC
12-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Afew times aweek I get to work with Jerry when we are riding to and from a jobsite he basically takes over the radio in the morning it's Glen Beck about lunch it's Rush after Rush some local pundit.

Listening to Beck makes you feel as if the world was coming to an end next week then Rush Limbaugh is not nearly as dramatic but constantly repeats "we are losing the country".

The callers often seen genuinely frightened and old Jerry even gets to hollering even banging his fist on the dash if he is passionate about the content.

I've known a guy to preach to me out of a Glenn Beck book. Every time I see him he tries to get me to read it so I'll see the light.

I think both of them are wacko.

Cigar
12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
The play Rush on MSNBC all the time ... it's entertainment.

Mister D
12-13-2012, 09:15 AM

I think they are generally preaching to the choir . Most people who are politically aware tend to have a general disposition.

Chris
12-13-2012, 09:27 AM
The play Rush on MSNBC all the time ... it's entertainment.

On the Maddow Comedy Hour?

Cigar
12-13-2012, 09:38 AM
On the Maddow Comedy Hour?

Yea it's hilarious ... :)

Red Green
12-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I think they are generally preaching to the choir . Most people who are politically aware tend to have a general disposition.

I would agree for the most part that people are generally predisposed to holding one view or the other but it seems these radio shows can get some riled up in a fury I mean c'mon it's some guy behind a microphone ferry crying out loud.

wazi99
12-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Its both depending on the show and the topic.=