PDA

View Full Version : Another Federal Government Shakedown

MisterVeritis
02-27-2018, 05:29 PM
AG Sessions is a disappointment to me.
"The Department of Justice is filing a statement of interest in the opioid lawsuits against distributors and manufacturers, arguing that the federal government should be reimbursed for the significant costs it has borne from the crisis.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the statement of interest, arguing American taxpayers deserved compensation.
“The hard-working taxpayers of this country deserve to be compensated by those whose illegal activity contributed to those costs,” Sessions said at a press conference. “And we will go to court to ensure that the American people receive the compensation they deserve.”

Ethereal
02-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Sessions is a clown. He should have been fired months ago.

donttread
02-28-2018, 08:34 AM
AG Sessions is a disappointment to me.
"The Department of Justice is filing a statement of interest in the opioid lawsuits against distributors and manufacturers, arguing that the federal government should be reimbursed for the significant costs it has borne from the crisis.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the statement of interest, arguing American taxpayers deserved compensation.
“The hard-working taxpayers of this country deserve to be compensated by those whose illegal activity contributed to those costs,” Sessions said at a press conference. “And we will go to court to ensure that the American people receive the compensation they deserve.”

Wait. So the feds who's unconstitutional war on drugs has fueled the problem want to be reimbursed for their controlism? Get the fuck out of dodge! That takes some brass balls! Well it worked with tobacco. Oh wait no it didn't, when you tax, sue or fine a whole industry which sells addicive products the addicts pay not the dealers

DGUtley
02-28-2018, 09:52 AM
...or b/c they unleashed the ability to get these drugs through Medicaid and medicare it exploded, it's the drug companies' fault?

Common
02-28-2018, 10:02 AM
There are medicare and medicaid advantage plans, they are the most widely used health plans for seniors and poor. There are no montly premiums and smaller copays.

Most of these plans will cover Opiods prescribed by drs but will not cover preventive pain measures like routine therapy for pain or chiropractors. So in affect for people in pain they are promoting opiod use.

I personally know seniors that are addicted psychologically to pain meds prescribed by a pain management physician and others that were.

Its not just the drug companies fault its our govt who accept lavish gifts from their lobbiest and drs that get gifs and expensive vacations for pushing them.

The entire pharmaceutical industry needs to be regulated in the sense of their lobbying and buying drs to prescribe their poisons. Govt has to find the balls to stop their pill pushing.

Every time the public stands up the big Pharma the same excuses, Oh if we dont overcharge americans double canadians we cant research so there wont be any new drugs. Or tripling the price of a drug overnight is necessary for further research and just because we can.

MisterVeritis
02-28-2018, 10:35 AM
...or b/c they unleashed the ability to get these drugs through Medicaid and medicare it exploded, it's the drug companies' fault?
The companies distributed and sold a legal product. We are living under a soft tyranny.

Captdon
02-28-2018, 10:38 AM
There are medicare and medicaid advantage plans, they are the most widely used health plans for seniors and poor. There are no montly premiums and smaller copays.

Most of these plans will cover Opiods prescribed by drs but will not cover preventive pain measures like routine therapy for pain or chiropractors. So in affect for people in pain they are promoting opiod use.

I personally know seniors that are addicted psychologically to pain meds prescribed by a pain management physician and others that were.

Its not just the drug companies fault its our govt who accept lavish gifts from their lobbiest and drs that get gifs and expensive vacations for pushing them.

The entire pharmaceutical industry needs to be regulated in the sense of their lobbying and buying drs to prescribe their poisons. Govt has to find the balls to stop their pill pushing.

Every time the public stands up the big Pharma the same excuses, Oh if we dont overcharge americans double canadians we cant research so there wont be any new drugs. Or tripling the price of a drug overnight is necessary for further research and just because we can.

Medicare Advantage isn't free. I've never heard of Medicaid advantage.

The crisis is all on the doctors.They will prescribe opiods for any pain. Why? We have a population of 4.9 million and had 5 million prescription for opiods here in SC. Either the doctors are wrong, we have more severe pain or we're weak willy's.

MisterVeritis
02-28-2018, 10:43 AM

The crisis is all on the doctors.They will prescribe opiods for any pain. Why? We have a population of 4.9 million and had 5 million prescription for opiods here in SC. Either the doctors are wrong, we have more severe pain or we're weak willy's.
Patients want relief. Patients will find a way to get it. If there is blame it lies squarely on the patients.

ripmeister
02-28-2018, 12:13 PM
Patients want relief. Patients will find a way to get it. If there is blame it lies squarely on the patients.
I rarely agree with V but on this I do. Our culture wants a pill to solve any and all problems, from opiates to xanex.

Common
02-28-2018, 12:24 PM

Most companies offer a medicare advantage plan, they range from no premiums to low premiums, its managed care meaning you go to their drs on their list and their hospitals. Most give you a prescription plan based on medicare part D.

They even have plans for those that get medicare and medicaid, how you do that I dont know but its advertised here all the time in fla, they pay nothing, no copays and have full coverage.

I have medicare advantage but mine is very comprehensive its not an hmo its a ppo. I need no referals and I can go any dr or hospital I want.