PDA

View Full Version : Left faces off with Dem establishment in primary fights......

MMC
03-04-2018, 09:24 AM
An energized left is taking on the Democratic establishment in primaries across the country, deepening the fissures within the party.

Progressives are riding a groundswell of enthusiasm since President Trump took office as Democrats look to take the House and defend Senate seats in 2018.

But progressive activists are also challenging fellow Democrats in the hopes of reshaping the party in a significant way after their 2016 defeat. Progressives are championing efforts that urge Democrats to embrace policies like single-payer health care, $15 minimum wage and unequivocal support for women's reproductive rights.

That's heightened tensions between progressives and more moderate Democrats, as some worry that the party is risking votes by moving too far left......snip~

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/left-faces-off-with-dem-establishment-in-primary-fights/ar-BBJQzjb?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

That is good news for the Country. Anything that is bad for Democrats is a win win for the Country. Now they are getting down and dirty amongst their own kind.

Although we can expect the lame stream to downplay the infighting.

Common
03-04-2018, 09:36 AM
California dems want the party very hard left and I believe that will not work, far right and far left extremes never win in the end

MisterVeritis
03-04-2018, 09:41 AM
California dems want the party very hard left and I believe that will not work, far right and far left extremes never win in the end
Can you give us an example of "far right"? Is that someone who actually supports the Constitution. I view that as the only position for an American.

MMC
03-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Let the Demos keep spending for that oppo research with their own kind. They already have money problems. That's less money they will have for the General.

Crepitus
03-04-2018, 11:05 AM
It's funny watching a republican talk about the "fissures within the Democratic party" while being totally oblivious to their own.

Common
03-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Can you give us an example of "far right"? Is that someone who actually supports the Constitution. I view that as the only position for an American.

Youre an excellent example lol....Far right is corporations should pay no taxs, no one should pay taxs, all govt programs should end, social security medicare, medicaid, food stamps, housing asst are all ponzi schemes, no abortions for any reason, even rape. People only have the right to work for whatever an employer wants, no minimum wage. I dont have to go on, you get the picture, most of america REJECTS that.

We all know what the far left is and america always rejects that.

Common
03-04-2018, 11:24 AM
It's funny watching a republican talk about the "fissures within the Democratic party" while being totally oblivious to their own.

We have you to talk about ours, oh and you never EVER not only mention yours you never admit you have any.

Crepitus
03-04-2018, 11:30 AM
We have you to talk about ours, oh and you never EVER not only mention yours you never admit you have any.

For the record : yes we do.

Also for the record : it's not entirely a bad thing imho.

MMC
03-04-2018, 11:30 AM

Moreover everybody knows about the Repubs split. Between Libertarians, Conservatives, Constitutionalists, Neo Cons, and the Tea Party. Every Election.

MisterVeritis
03-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Youre an excellent example lol....Far right is corporations should pay no taxs, no one should pay taxs, all govt programs should end, social security medicare, medicaid, food stamps, housing asst are all ponzi schemes, no abortions for any reason, even rape. People only have the right to work for whatever an employer wants, no minimum wage. I dont have to go on, you get the picture, most of america REJECTS that.
So let's begin with the basics. Those who are far right support government limited by written constitutions. Do I have it about right so far?

Corporations do not pay taxes. Corporations are tax collectors for the state. You don't know that, do you? People pay taxes.

All government programs not allowed by the Constitution should end. So this brings me back to your basic belief that the far right supports the Constitution.
Social Security is not Constitutional.
Medicare is not Constitutional.
Medicaid is not Constitutional.
Food stamps are not Constitutional.
Housing assistance is not Constitutional.
Abortion rules are not Constitutional.
Government-mandated minimum wages are not Constitutional.

I have the picture. Anyone who actually supports the Constitution is on the far right.

So why the pretense? Why not just throw the Constitution out?

Common
03-04-2018, 01:24 PM

Its a two way street

MMC
03-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Even funnier is you not noticing the link, and MSN citing the Hill. Now that is funny. :laugh:

MMC
03-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Its a two way street

Not with the Lame Stream it isn't.

donttread
03-06-2018, 09:27 AM
An energized left is taking on the Democratic establishment in primaries across the country, deepening the fissures within the party.

Progressives are riding a groundswell of enthusiasm since President Trump took office as Democrats look to take the House and defend Senate seats in 2018.

But progressive activists are also challenging fellow Democrats in the hopes of reshaping the party in a significant way after their 2016 defeat. Progressives are championing efforts that urge Democrats to embrace policies like single-payer health care, $15 minimum wage and unequivocal support for women's reproductive rights.

That's heightened tensions between progressives and more moderate Democrats, as some worry that the party is risking votes by moving too far left......snip~

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/left-faces-off-with-dem-establishment-in-primary-fights/ar-BBJQzjb?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

That is good news for the Country. Anything that is bad for Democrats is a win win for the Country. Now they are getting down and dirty amongst their own kind.

Although we can expect the lame stream to downplay the infighting.

LOL The only thing left of the "Democrat establishment " are communist.

zelmo1234
03-06-2018, 09:31 AM
I don't think that the GOP has ever been i lock step, so we see it as normal. We always have libertarians, and establishment, as well as those that are more Theology driven and a fair number of progressives. That is normal for the GOP

the DNC demands 100% compliance. they always have and have attacked there own when they step off the reservation in any way.

zelmo1234
03-06-2018, 09:35 AM

It will be interesting in 2018 because it appears that the Democrats feel they lost in 16 because they are not far enough to the left?

Only time will tell but I just don't see them picking up the House and I think that if they have the Senate it will only be for one election cycle. As there are some seats that are in GOP states that went to Democrats 4 years ago because of very flawed Candidates. those will be up in 20 and will easily go back to the GOP.

Tahuyaman
03-06-2018, 10:05 AM

The far left drift of the Democratic Party will work just fine in places which are dominated by metro liberal elites. It's not going to work with the majority though.

Tahuyaman
03-06-2018, 10:11 AM

I do not agree with all of your points there, but I am with you with MV being an example of a far right extremist.

MMC
03-06-2018, 10:22 AM
It will be interesting in 2018 because it appears that the Democrats feel they lost in 16 because they are not far enough to the left?

Only time will tell but I just don't see them picking up the House and I think that if they have the Senate it will only be for one election cycle. As there are some seats that are in GOP states that went to Democrats 4 years ago because of very flawed Candidates. those will be up in 20 and will easily go back to the GOP.

They are defending in the Senate. 25 Seats up 12 in real jeopardy. Even at the worst the Repubs will pick up one or 2.

Still we need 60 to put an end to the Demo obstruction.

zelmo1234
03-06-2018, 10:30 AM
They are defending in the Senate. 25 Seats up 12 in real jeopardy. Even at the worst the Repubs will pick up one or 2.
Still we need 60 to put an end to the Demo obstruction.
The very best that the GOP can hope for is to hold the Senate. We are going to loose NV, and AR but will likely Win in WI, and ND MI will likely come into play but it is very hard to change a Senator in our State. It is a Gov race year as well, so turn out will be good and the DNC candidate is weak.

I have the DNC with a net pick up of 5 in the house and one in the Senate. but GOP stays in control.

Crepitus
03-06-2018, 10:32 AM
I don't think that the GOP has ever been i lock step, so we see it as normal. We always have libertarians, and establishment, as well as those that are more Theology driven and a fair number of progressives. That is normal for the GOP

the DNC demands 100% compliance. they always have and have attacked there own when they step off the reservation in any way.

Democrats have never demanded 100% compliance. That's why there is no Democratic equivalent to a RINO.

Crepitus
03-06-2018, 10:34 AM

On certain issues they definitely were not far enough left, Healthcare for one.

I see a wave. I could be wrong but all I can tell you is what I see.

MisterVeritis
03-06-2018, 10:35 AM
I do not agree with all of your points there, but I am with you with MV being an example of a far right extremist.
It's because I actually support the Constitution, isn't it?

You may need to buck up a bit in that department.

zelmo1234
03-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Democrats have never demanded 100% compliance. That's why there is no Democratic equivalent to a RINO.
That is exactly why there is no DINO, you are not allowed off the reservation.

The DNC just fixed a primary so Hillary would be the national candidate for goodness sake.

There is NO diversity in the DNC.

MisterVeritis
03-06-2018, 10:37 AM
You also see Russia-Trump collusion.

:grin:

Crepitus
03-06-2018, 10:37 AM
That is exactly why there is no DINO, you are not allowed off the reservation.

The DNC just fixed a primary so Hillary would be the national candidate for goodness sake.

There is NO diversity in the DNC.

Obviously I can't make you see it, but it's there. Far more so than in the republicans.

Tahuyaman
03-06-2018, 10:40 AM

You may need to buck up a bit in that department.

You are an extremist. You use this idea that you support the constitution as a way to divert attention away from your extremist views.

zelmo1234
03-06-2018, 10:40 AM
On certain issues they definitely were not far enough left, Healthcare for one.

If History is our Guide, the DNC should pic up seats in the Mid Term But I don't think that National Healthcare is going to be the ticket. and I don't think they have any issues that they are real strong on.

Trump like him or hate him, has done a very good job in taking those off the table. Immigration, Guns, Healthcare, are three main areas that the DNC like to play and they are all neutral because of the proposals that the Trump administration has not only put on the table, but did so publicly and not the DNC looks foolish.

Who would have thought that with the allies in the press that the Democrats have, that they would end up taking the blame for the Schumer Shut down. That should never happen, but because the package that Trump had on the table for all to see, the Democrats over played their hand and were blamed for it.

Tahuyaman
03-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Democrats have never demanded 100% compliance...

That is absurd.

MisterVeritis
03-06-2018, 10:45 AM

You are an extremist. You use this idea that you support the constitution as a way to divert attention away from your extremist views.
The correct answer is, "Yes, MisterVeritis, I see you as an extremist because you actually do support the Constitution while I pay it lip service."

You are welcome.

Crepitus
03-06-2018, 06:54 PM

:grin:

And you forgive it.

Crepitus
03-06-2018, 07:00 PM
If History is our Guide, the DNC should pic up seats in the Mid Term But I don't think that National Healthcare is going to be the ticket. and I don't think they have any issues that they are real strong on.

Trump like him or hate him, has done a very good job in taking those off the table. Immigration, Guns, Healthcare, are three main areas that the DNC like to play and they are all neutral because of the proposals that the Trump administration has not only put on the table, but did so publicly and not the DNC looks foolish.

Who would have thought that with the allies in the press that the Democrats have, that they would end up taking the blame for the Schumer Shut down. That should never happen, but because the package that Trump had on the table for all to see, the Democrats over played their hand and were blamed for it.

He's brought all of those things front and center, and I think the democrats will win on them. Trump changes his mind lime most of us change underwear and he's got no support from the republicans on his positions on any of these things. Hell his gun control position didn't even last all afternoon, just until the NRA got a hold of him.

Crepitus
03-06-2018, 07:01 PM
That is absurd.

No, that's your reflection.

MisterVeritis
03-06-2018, 07:51 PM

And you forgive it.
There is nothing to forgive.

Tahuyaman
03-07-2018, 01:37 AM
And you forgive it.Why would one want to forgive something which didn’t happen?