Dark Star
The Last Starfighter
Moonraker
Xanadu
The Stuff
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
The Phantom Tollbooth

When I was a little kid I thought Time Bandits was great and Pee Wee's Big Adventure was good too. I didn't realize it was so unpopular.

Conley
12-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Seems like a lot of Kizz's list are pretty good flicks!

I'd have to say Rocky IV :grin:

GrassrootsConservative
12-13-2012, 09:11 PM
A lot of Kizz's list are not hated.

Unless you're talking about some obscure remake of 2001: ASO that I haven't heard of, I'm pretty sure that was one of the most breathtaking sci-fi film of its time.

The 5th Element was amazing, both Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich had major career help from that film, I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't like it.

A lot of the other ones I just haven't heard of.

Kizzume
12-13-2012, 10:18 PM
A lot of Kizz's list are not hated.

Unless you're talking about some obscure remake of 2001: ASO that I haven't heard of, I'm pretty sure that was one of the most breathtaking sci-fi film of its time.

The 5th Element was amazing, both Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich had major career help from that film, I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't like it.

A lot of the other ones I just haven't heard of.

A lot of people hate 2001 because of how slow it's paced, personally I'm a fan of the way it's paced.

A LOT of people hate the fifth element because of the thin plot.

Deadwood
12-13-2012, 10:25 PM
A lot of people hate 2001 because of how slow it's paced, personally I'm a fan of the way it's paced. A LOT of people hate the fifth element because of the thin plot. And a lot of people are idiots too. 5th Element is rated as one of the most fascinating and well constructed sci fi movies of all time. 2001: A Space Odyssey [at least] get the title right...is a classic and a break through movie - the first ever to experiment with weightlessness etc. Even allowing for the fact it's 40 years old it is still an impressive film We should have a list of films that the individual hates while much of the world adores ....and I would begin it by listing every Star Wars film. On my list of favorite slug movies? Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock. and for the record anyone who liked Waterworld needs a brain implant.....Smokers!

GrassrootsConservative
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
And a lot of people are idiots too. 5th Element is rated as one of the most fascinating and well constructed sci fi movies of all time. 2001: A Space Odyssey [at least] get the title right...is a classic and a break through movie - the first ever to experiment with weightlessness etc. Even allowing for the fact it's 40 years old it is still an impressive film We should have a list of films that the individual hates while much of the world adores ....and I would begin it by listing every Star Wars film. On my list of favorite slug movies? Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock. and for the record anyone who liked Waterworld needs a brain implant.....Smokers!

In his defense he probably just knows way too many people who have no taste. :cool2:

In the defense of smokers I am a smoker. :biglaugh:

Deadwood
12-13-2012, 10:29 PM
1090 anytime you have a film that is written, directed, produced and starred by one person you have a dog. When it is Tommy Wiseau you have a blind, lame dog with flees and mange that pukes all the time. The Room.......lol

Kizzume
12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
And a lot of people are idiots too. 5th Element is rated as one of the most fascinating and well constructed sci fi movies of all time. 2001: A Space Odyssey [at least] get the title right...is a classic and a break through movie - the first ever to experiment with weightlessness etc. Even allowing for the fact it's 40 years old it is still an impressive film We should have a list of films that the individual hates while much of the world adores ....and I would begin it by listing every Star Wars film. On my list of favorite slug movies? Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock. and for the record anyone who liked Waterworld needs a brain implant.....Smokers!

I thoroughly enjoyed Waterworld. I still don't get what was so bad about it :)

Conley
12-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Never saw it, was always curious about that one and the Postman. As for Costner flicks, Not so interested in the Bodyguard :laugh:

Deadwood
12-13-2012, 10:33 PM
In his defense he probably just knows way too many people who have no taste. :cool2: In the defense of smokers I am a smoker. :biglaugh: So was I until 2 and half years ago.... You obviously did not see Waterworld. Smokers are the evil villains who propel a giant oil tanker full of gasoline with oars.......that should tell you what Kevin the curtain chewer was doing

Kizzume
12-13-2012, 10:34 PM
The Black Hole

Deadwood
12-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Never saw it, was always curious about that one and the Postman. As for Costner flicks, Not so interested in the Bodyguard :laugh: Costner has done one good film: Mr. Brooks where he played a serial killer being blackmailed by a guy who wants to learn to be a serial killer. Great flick I don't know who is worse though, Costner or Cage...both are nauseating

Conley
12-13-2012, 10:37 PM
:laugh: What about Field of Dreams? My woman loves it, I'm pretty meh about it

edit: baseball is zzzzz

oceanloverOH
12-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Costner has done one good film: Mr. Brooks where he played a serial killer being blackmailed by a guy who wants to learn to be a serial killer. Great flick I don't know who is worse though, Costner or Cage...both are nauseating

Aw, come on! Costner? Dances with Wolves? He did a GREAT job with that one.......plus I got to see some nice tush.

Deadwood
12-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Aw, come on! Costner? Dances with Wolves? He did a GREAT job with that one.......plus I got to see some nice tush. Sorry...he's such a catastrophe as an actor. It was good film, but it was all about Costner "see me, see me!"

Deadwood
12-13-2012, 10:47 PM
:laugh: What about Field of Dreams? My woman loves it, I'm pretty meh about it edit: baseball is zzzzz Ooh, the drama, the drama......baseball from 50 years ago! Be still my beating heart -- ooh, ooh, ohh....build it and they will kill themselves in order tom avoid watching this film. They should have given that fucker to Johnny Depp...that would have been good. BTW see "Raven" Depp is a great vampire and Eva Green is an excellent witch.....

roadmaster
12-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry...he's such a catastrophe as an actor. It was good film, but it was all about Costner "see me, see me!"
I liked the film but agree Costner to me didn't make the film great.

roadmaster
12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
I have many favorite films but did love the movie Mrs. Winterbourne. Great plot, funny and just a good movie.

roadmaster
12-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Aw, come on! Costner? Dances with Wolves? He did a GREAT job with that one.......plus I got to see some nice tush.

I think Graham Greene and some of the others made this movie great. Costner was ok but had some stupid scenes. The language, they didn't research that very well. All the Native Americans sounded like women. :laugh: Oh an what I mean is there is a difference in the way women speak and men speak. Must have been a woman teaching them. You would have to know the language to know this.

KC
12-15-2012, 05:46 PM
anytime you have a film that is written, directed, produced and starred by one person you have a dog. When it is Tommy Wiseau you have a blind, lame dog with flees and mange that pukes all the time. The Room.......lol

I've seen it sooo many times. One of those "so bad it's good" type deals. But then I have a strange sense of humor, or so my friends tell me.

Mister D
12-15-2012, 10:04 PM
I really liked Excalibur. The battle scene in the fog is one of the most dramatic and moving (yeah, I'm a bit weird) I've ever seen. I must have watched in on HBO a dozen times when I was 6 or 7. I still like it now due partly to the no name actors.

Captain Obvious
12-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Everyone hates the stuff I love, especially my wife.

If yinz guys ever seen me say "groovy", this is where I got it from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuEzVfWXk20

And one of the best movies ever made, but requires a six-pack while watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY

oceanloverOH
12-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I think Graham Greene and some of the others made this movie great. Costner was ok but had some stupid scenes. The language, they didn't research that very well. All the Native Americans sounded like women. :laugh: Oh an what I mean is there is a difference in the way women speak and men speak. Must have been a woman teaching them. You would have to know the language to know this.

That's an excellent point, RM, I never thought about the native men speaking like women in several scenes....but you're right. Now I'm gonna have to watch it again, from a different perspective! :thinking: