View Full Version : NOBODY is more racist than a black man

GrassrootsConservative
12-13-2012, 09:38 PM
who thinks you have to be a certain way to be a "brother."

Like voting democrat.

Like not marrying a white woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl5sHu_cvDA

This man should be fired.

He is THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of what happens when race becomes as big an issue as it is.

Chloe
12-13-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't think that he should be fired for giving an opinion on a debate show. He didn't say anything that hasn't been talked about before when it comes to black people being criticized by other black people for being too white. Race IS a big issue and it has been for a very long time. His comments were not so far out of bounds that he should be fired and condemned in my opinion. I think the whole "blackness" thing depends on who you surround yourself with and what they consider "black." I also think that I, and most white people really, are in no way qualified to have much of any opinion on what a black person thinks about another black person, and so my opinion here is basically that I don't think he should be fired for what he said.

Cigar
12-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Even Assholes has Opinions; had to look him up, no wonder I didn't know anything about him.

Looks like his 15 minutes went 14 minutes over

patrickt
12-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Race IS a big issue for racists. For most of us, it isn't.

Cigar
12-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Race IS a big issue for racists. For most of us, it isn't.

Good, then you have nothing to be afraid of :)

Mister D
12-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't think that he should be fired for giving an opinion on a debate show. He didn't say anything that hasn't been talked about before when it comes to black people being criticized by other black people for being too white. Race IS a big issue and it has been for a very long time. His comments were not so far out of bounds that he should be fired and condemned in my opinion. I think the whole "blackness" thing depends on who you surround yourself with and what they consider "black." I also think that I, and most white people really, are in no way qualified to have much of any opinion on what a black person thinks about another black person, and so my opinion here is basically that I don't think he should be fired for what he said.

If he was white he wuold have been fired already. That's the point.

Cigar
12-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Black Meteorologist Fired For Responding to Facebook Question About Her ‘Ethnic Hair’
On Oct. 1, a viewer identified as Emmitt Vascocu wrote, "the black lady that does the news is a very nice lady.the only thing is she needs to wear a wig or grow some more hair. im not sure if she is a cancer patient. but still its not something myself that i think looks good on tv. what about letting someone a male have waist long hair do the news.what about that (cq)."

Lee replied the same day, "Hello Emmitt–I am the ‘black lady' to which you are referring. I'm sorry you don't like my ethnic hair. And no I don't have cancer. I'm a non-smoking, 5'3, 121 lbs, 25 mile a week running, 37.5 year old woman, and I'm in perfectly healthy physical condition.

"I am very proud of my African-American ancestry which includes my hair. For your edification: traditionally our hair doesn't grow downward. It grows upward. Many Black women use strong straightening agents in order to achieve a more European grade of hair and that is their choice. However in my case I don't find it necessary. I'm very proud of who I am and the standard of beauty I display. Women come in all shapes, sizes, nationalities, and levels of beauty. Showing little girls that being comfortable in the skin and HAIR God gave me is my contribution to society. Little girls (and boys for that matter) need to see that what you look like isn't a reason to not achieve their goals.

Conforming to one standard isn't what being American is about and I hope you can embrace that.
"Thank you for your comment and have a great weekend and thank for watching."

Vascocu replied that Lee was right to be proud of who she is and that he is not a racist, but ". . . this world has . . . certain standerd (cq). if youve come from a world of being poor are you going to dress in rags?. . ."

Subsequent to this interaction — which Lee handled so well that I'm thinking of hiring her for my future PR business, Dealing with Dumbasses, Inc. — she was reprimanded and then fired by station managers. For real. That happened. No, this is not backwards day in crazy town, it's reality in the United States of America, Pop. WE FUCKED.

Of course, KTBS-TV couldn't even demonstrate any rules that Lee was in violation of: "I had a meeting with my ND [news director] and GM [general manager] Friday trying to get my job back," Lee said. "They told me the policy I violated isn't written down, but was mentioned in a newsroom meeting about a month-and-a-half prior. A meeting I didn't attend. So when I asked what rule did I break there isn't anything to point to."

I'm not for solving problems through litigation, and there hasn't been any mention of going to court, and I also don't know anything about our legal system that couldn't be gleaned from a viewing of L&O (so basically I have my JD), but ALL THAT SAID: I hope Lee takes them for every fucking penny they have.

http://jezebel.com/5967738/black-meteorologist-fired-for-responding-to-facebook-question-about-her-ethnic-hair

Enough said ...

Mister D
12-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Enough said about what? The Negro in question would have been fired already if he was white. Period. Enough said...