PDA

View Full Version : 5e story to watch IMO is Stormy Daniels

texan
03-14-2018, 10:14 PM
One part not being focused on is this Lawyer who claims he paid her. I don’t think you can spend your money to benefit / protect a candidate. I think that’s basic campaign law. That complaint has been filed and will be investigated. If this lawyer gets in trouble for this can that be traced back to Trump? This is an actual problem.

Just saying watch it. Maybe a lawyer here can advise on the law.

ripmeister
03-15-2018, 10:04 AM
One part not being focused on is this Lawyer who claims he paid her. I don’t think you can spend your money to benefit / protect a candidate. I think that’s basic campaign law. That complaint has been filed and will be investigated. If this lawyer gets in trouble for this can that be traced back to Trump? This is an actual problem.

From everything I've seen and read that is the issue. His infidelities are between him and his family. If the hush money is seen as a campaign finance issue then there could be some trouble for him.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2018, 10:06 AM

If campaign money was spent then there might be a problem. if not then how can there be a problem?

texan
03-15-2018, 08:32 PM
My understanding from a lawyer friend and he is involved in politics is you cannot aid a candidate with or without campaign money in this scenario. It makes sense. Or you could have rich friends pay people off when needed.