PDA

View Full Version : Robust Economy

Docthehun
03-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Credit where credit is due. The President has the economy in high gear.

Just in; the Atlanta fed bank's prediction of first quarter GDP growth of 5.4% has been slightly lowered.

"What's slightly lower?"

Uh, 1.9%

"Awesome!"

Tahuyaman
03-15-2018, 01:37 PM
Credit where credit is due. The President has the economy in high gear.

Just in; the Atlanta fed bank's prediction of first quarter GDP growth of 5.4% has been slightly lowered.

"What's slightly lower?"

Uh, 1.9%

"Awesome!"

So, you are trying to say that our GDP growth rate for the first quarter of 2018 was revised down to 1.9%.

Docthehun
03-15-2018, 02:04 PM
So, you are trying to say that our GDP growth rate for the first quarter of 2018 was revised down to 1.9%.

That's not what I said, it's what the Fed Bank in Atlanta predicted. First quarter actuals aren't yet completed.

jimmyz
03-15-2018, 02:31 PM
I've been trying to get anti-Trumpers here to admit the fact that their take-home from their paychecks has gone up due to Trumps tax reform. Crickets so far. They don't want to admit that their personal economy is up because they knee-jerked opposition before the bill was passed.

ripmeister
03-15-2018, 02:34 PM
I've been trying to get anti-Trumpers here to admit the fact that their take-home from their paychecks has gone up due to Trumps tax reform. Crickets so far. They don't want to admit that their personal economy is up because they knee-jerked opposition before the bill was passed.

I hadn't noticed your request. I actually haven't looked yet although it couldn't have been much as I think I would have noticed a substantial increase. I should check though.

ripmeister
03-15-2018, 03:34 PM
So I checked and it appears my net went up about 2.5%. Nothing major but an increase nonetheless.

waltky
03-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... dat's the Donald...

... Makin' America Great Again."

Tahuyaman
03-15-2018, 08:40 PM
That's not what I said, it's what the Fed Bank in Atlanta predicted. First quarter actuals aren't yet completed.
You’re an idiot.

Crepitus
03-15-2018, 09:06 PM
You’re an idiot.

No my friend, that's you. Can't you for once manage a cogent, topical statement? Are you aware that doc is every bit as conservative as you are but hasn't sold his soul to tRump to do it?

Do you realize that doc is living proof that you don't have to be stupid to be a conservative and you are proof that it sure is easier if you are?

Docthehun
03-16-2018, 03:25 AM
You’re an idiot.

Guilty as charged. A guy that knows he's an ahole is only half as bad as a guy who doesn't know.

Useless or useful? Just curious.

Docthehun
03-16-2018, 03:41 AM
I consider the topic pretty damn serious. If first quarter growth is only 2%, that doesn't bode well for tax revenue going forward. The Government looks to pump up spending across the board. Retail sales are down three consecutive months and credit card debt has mushroomed (Over $8,000 per household). If this tariff program causes more headache than cure, the deficit will soar and your 401K could quickly go to "hell in a handbag". Of the 3 million or so jobs created since the President took over, most have gone, not to young workers, but folks over 55. Baby boomers are reentering the work force for one reason, they have to. Forty-two percent of those planning to retire this year have less than $10,000 saved for retirement. So yes, I try and follow this kind of stuff pretty close. I watch Fox Business News religiously. How dry and boring is that?

the useless/useful idiot

Common
03-16-2018, 04:25 AM
My monthly income between my wife and I went up slightly over 300.00 I believe with the tax cut

Common
03-16-2018, 04:34 AM
I consider the topic pretty damn serious. If first quarter growth is only 2%, that doesn't bode well for tax revenue going forward. The Government looks to pump up spending across the board. Retail sales are down three consecutive months and credit card debt has mushroomed (Over $8,000 per household). If this tariff program causes more headache than cure, the deficit will soar and your 401K could quickly go to "hell in a handbag". Of the 3 million or so jobs created since the President took over, most have gone, not to young workers, but folks over 55. Baby boomers are reentering the work force for one reason, they have to. Forty-two percent of those planning to retire this year have less than $10,000 saved for retirement. So yes, I try and follow this kind of stuff pretty close. I watch Fox Business News religiously. How dry and boring is that?

the useless/useful idiot
The economy of a President isnt judged in one year Doc, there are ups and downs. I realize those more liberal want to doomsay and giving trump credit for anything is quite difficult

This demonstrates how much Obama added to the national debt
https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-under-obama-3306293

Many didnt wring their hands and bemoan the worst GDP and crushing rising debt in decades under obama for 8 long years

GDP growth under Obama was worst in decades (https://nypost.com/2017/03/30/gdp-growth-under-obama-was-worst-in-decades/)
https://nypost.com/2017/03/30/gdp-growth-under-obama-was-worst-in-decades/

zelmo1234
03-16-2018, 05:40 AM

the useless/useful idiot
Well that is not entirely true because you have the revenue from the money corporations are bring back into the country

Also you have the increased revenue from higher wages and more workforce participation when is growing larger all of the time.

And if it is only 2%, I can live with that because in 8 years of Obama we never achieved this. Tax cuts are faster than any other form of stimulus, but they are not a magic wand, it takes time to build factories and it works like a snowball.

So how about we acknowledge all of these things and then wait for the facts.

Docthehun
03-16-2018, 07:33 AM
The economy of a President isnt judged in one year Doc, there are ups and downs. I realize those more liberal want to doomsay and giving trump credit for anything is quite difficult

This demonstrates how much Obama added to the national debt
https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-under-obama-3306293

Many didnt wring their hands and bemoan the worst GDP and crushing rising debt in decades under obama for 8 long years

GDP growth under Obama was worst in decades (https://nypost.com/2017/03/30/gdp-growth-under-obama-was-worst-in-decades/)

https://nypost.com/2017/03/30/gdp-growth-under-obama-was-worst-in-decades/

Concur that many of the policy decisions will produce results out into the future. It's a big boat and turns slowly.