PDA

View Full Version : Warning: California names illegal immigrant to statewide appoi

Common
03-15-2018, 08:07 PM
I wonder how many Citizens in California are qualified for and needed that job. No one could ever convince me that this is right in any way.

California’s Senate leader says an attorney and immigrant rights activist is the first person living in the country illegally to be named to a statewide appointment in the nation’s most populous state.A Senate committee appointed Lizbeth Mateo (https://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/lizbeth-mateo/) as an adviser on college access and financial aid Wednesday. Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon framed the decision as a rebuke of President Donald Trump’s immigration policies. De Leon announced Mateo (https://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/lizbeth-mateo/)’s appointment the day after Trump visited California to view prototypes of his proposed border wall and a week after the U.S. Justice Department sued the state over policies that limit cooperation with federal immigration authorities. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/15/lizbeth-mateo-illegal-immigrant-named-statewide-ap/

Cletus
03-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Since it is a violation of federal law (felony) to hire an illegal alien, everyone involved in the selection process should be immediately arrested and charged.

Common
03-15-2018, 08:24 PM
That says it all in a nutshell nothing more needs to be added

Crepitus
03-15-2018, 08:58 PM
I was under the impression you conservatives were big on states rights.

Musta been mistaken.

Cletus
03-15-2018, 09:57 PM

Musta been mistaken.

You are always mistaken. You are wrong more often than anyone else on the planet, except maybe Exo.

Immigration is an issue that falls within the purview of the federal government. You do understand that we have a federal government, don't you? Its powers are by design, limited and specific. Immigration is one of those things it is empowered to control.

Now, go have somebody read you a book on our system of government and the rights of the states versus the responsibilities of the Feds.

Grokmaster
03-15-2018, 09:59 PM
Since it is a violation of federal law (felony) to hire an illegal alien, everyone involved in the selection process should be immediately arrested and charged.

Where is the US DOJ?

Crepitus
03-15-2018, 10:44 PM
You are always mistaken. You are wrong more often than anyone else on the planet, except maybe Exo.

Immigration is an issue that falls within the purview of the federal government. You do understand that we have a federal government, don't you? Its powers are by design, limited and specific. Immigration is one of those things it is empowered to control.

Now, go have somebody read you a book on our system of government and the rights of the states versus the responsibilities of the Feds.

Right, I got it.

When a state does something you don't like it's the feds responsibility. When they do something you do like it's a a states rights issue.

Just the normal conservative hypocrisy.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2018, 10:48 PM
Right, I got it.

When a state does something you don't like it's the feds responsibility. When they do something you do like it's a a states rights issue.

Sometimes I wish you were smarter.
Then I realize how absurd that wish is.

Cletus
03-15-2018, 10:51 PM
Right, I got it.

Whatever it is you got, you need to see a doctor to get rid of.

I have maintained for a while that you are not malicious, just stupid. This helps confirm it.

Of course, it is possible you are both.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2018, 11:16 PM
If the states were empowered to set immigration policy then what constitutes a citizen. Suppose California recognizes illegal aliens as citizens of California but Nevada does not. Does Nevada then have the right to arrest any illegals that cross its borders and since they are not citizens do whatever they wish with them.

Dr. Who
03-15-2018, 11:42 PM
I wonder how many Citizens in California are qualified for and needed that job. No one could ever convince me that this is right in any way.

California’s Senate leader says an attorney and immigrant rights activist is the first person living in the country illegally to be named to a statewide appointment in the nation’s most populous state.A Senate committee appointed Lizbeth Mateo (https://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/lizbeth-mateo/) as an adviser on college access and financial aid Wednesday. Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon framed the decision as a rebuke of President Donald Trump’s immigration policies. De Leon announced Mateo (https://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/lizbeth-mateo/)’s appointment the day after Trump visited California to view prototypes of his proposed border wall and a week after the U.S. Justice Department sued the state over policies that limit cooperation with federal immigration authorities. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/15/lizbeth-mateo-illegal-immigrant-named-statewide-ap/

She's a member of the "Dreamer" legal limbo contingent whose fate has yet to be decided. She was brought to America as a child. She's American in every possible way other than by birth. She became a lawyer in America. She is a much better taxpayer than a significant number of blrthright Americans who are collecting welfare or doing time or are general ne're do wells who just sponge off others, yet she is a problem.

Cletus
03-16-2018, 12:12 AM
She's a member of the "Dreamer" legal limbo contingent whose fate has yet to be decided. She was brought to America as a child. She's American in every possible way other than by birth. She became a lawyer in America. She is a much better taxpayer than a significant number of blrthright Americans who are collecting welfare or doing time or are general ne're do wells who just sponge off others, yet she is a problem.

She is an illegal alien. She should be arrested and deported.

Common
03-16-2018, 03:13 AM

Doc there is no way to justify this no matter how its spun, she came here 14 yrs old Illegally with her parents. Here is the bottom line SHE IS NOT A CITIZEN, there is no such thing as being a citizen in every way, you either are or you are not.

Hiring her is a Felony it breaks federal law but aside from that there are many qualified californians that could use or need that job. Seriously what the hell are we doing here ? Are we going to allow California just break laws at will ?

California needs to secede if they do not want to follow federal law. We have a country of 50 states

How about tomorrow Alabama says WE will not allow any more abortions and we will not recognize Affirmative action.

Then Florida says we will no longer follow any Federal firearm laws, we are a sanctuary gun owner state.

Then New Hampshire says Pedophillia is legal in our state and Main says incest is just fine.

Either we have federal laws and they are all enforced or we HAVE NONE. LIberals do not get to choose which laws they are going to Obey and which they are not.

Safety
03-16-2018, 05:19 AM
The law is the law.

zelmo1234
03-16-2018, 05:31 AM

Musta been mistaken.

I believe that it was President Obama that sued Arizona for trying to enforce immigration law and the courts decided that was the domain of the federal government as stated in the constitution?

Are you saying that TX and Arizona should be able to take immigration into their hands as well.
because if they can, we will have one hell of a lot less illegals and DOCA member to worry about.

because there asses will be Gone.

Common
03-16-2018, 05:41 AM
I believe that it was President Obama that sued Arizona for trying to enforce immigration law and the courts decided that was the domain of the federal government as stated in the constitution?

Are you saying that TX and Arizona should be able to take immigration into their hands as well.
because if they can, we will have one hell of a lot less illegals and DOCA member to worry about.

Obamas DOJ sued a few times to stop enforcement of federal laws. Liberals want to choose what laws they obey and which they wont.

Cannons Front
03-16-2018, 05:59 AM
Musta been mistaken.

You were not mistaken, you are wrong and generally obtuse. Most Conservatives are big on limited (smaller) Government at all levels, also they are big on The Constitution and following it. The powers that the Federal Gov't has are granted by the Constitution as are the limits to that power.

Crepitus
03-16-2018, 07:26 AM

Sometimes I wish you weren't a giant sucking asshole.

Then I realise that's just the way you were made.

Crepitus
03-16-2018, 07:34 AM
Whatever it is you got, you need to see a doctor to get rid of.

I have maintained for a while that you are not malicious, just stupid. This helps confirm it.

Of course, it is possible you are both.

Yeah, I get this one too.

It sucks when someone points out you hypocrisy.

Crepitus
03-16-2018, 07:35 AM

I'm not saying anything about immigration at all. I'm pointing out yet another instance of conservative hypocrisy.

Crepitus
03-16-2018, 07:36 AM
You were not mistaken, you are wrong and generally obtuse. Most Conservatives are big on limited (smaller) Government at all levels, also they are big on The Constitution and following it. The powers that the Federal Gov't has are granted by the Constitution as are the limits to that power.

Lol, no they aren't. Look around .

Mister D
03-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Right, I got it.

No, you don't get it. That is one of the Federal government's powers. You're even worse at this than Safety.

Mister D
03-16-2018, 07:38 AM
Lol, no they aren't. Look around .
Who are these conservatives? Take your time.

Safety
03-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Anything that passes the legislative process is a "federal government power", whether or not it is constitutional is checked with the SCOTUS.

Immigration, along with things like ACA, and everything else that is crafted into law is a federal power.

DGUtley
03-16-2018, 10:32 AM

WARNING - Crepitus and MisterVeritis, please stop the bickering and name-calling and/or insults between you two. Thank you.

Mini Me
03-16-2018, 10:41 AM

You should wish that you were smarter! Then, that would spare us all the agony of your posts!

Tahuyaman
03-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Musta been mistaken.

Seriously?

Dr. Who
03-16-2018, 04:44 PM
Doc there is no way to justify this no matter how its spun, she came here 14 yrs old Illegally with her parents. Here is the bottom line SHE IS NOT A CITIZEN, there is no such thing as being a citizen in every way, you either are or you are not.

Hiring her is a Felony it breaks federal law but aside from that there are many qualified californians that could use or need that job. Seriously what the hell are we doing here ? Are we going to allow California just break laws at will ?

California needs to secede if they do not want to follow federal law. We have a country of 50 states

How about tomorrow Alabama says WE will not allow any more abortions and we will not recognize Affirmative action.

Then Florida says we will no longer follow any Federal firearm laws, we are a sanctuary gun owner state.

Then New Hampshire says Pedophillia is legal in our state and Main says incest is just fine.

Either we have federal laws and they are all enforced or we HAVE NONE. LIberals do not get to choose which laws they are going to Obey and which they are not.
I'm just suggesting that she satisfies all of the criteria for immigration purposes. Just make her a citizen. Why cut off your nose to spite your face. Unlike those immigrants in the queue, this woman's track record is in the US and she's already proven her worth and is already a taxpayer. That's the whole thing with the Dreamers. They didn't break any laws themselves and so many of them are already productive members of society.

Cletus
03-16-2018, 04:53 PM
They did break laws themselves. How many "Dreamers" turned themselves in when they reached 18? At 18 they became adults. That means it shouldn't matter whether their parents smuggled them into the country when they were 4 or 5. They are now old enough to know they are here illegally and by not submitting themselves to ICE, they are deliberately and willfully breaking the law.

Give "Dreamers" 14 days after their 18th birthday to turn themselves in. If they do, work with them and try to find them a way to stay in the country on a resident visa. If they do not, arrest them. Deport them. Bar them from ever returning to the United States.

jimmyz
03-16-2018, 05:16 PM
She is an illegal alien. She should be arrested and deported.

As well her parents.

Dr. Who
03-16-2018, 05:28 PM
They did break laws themselves. How many "Dreamers" turned themselves in when they reached 18? At 18 they became adults. That means it shouldn't matter whether their parents smuggled them into the country when they were 4 or 5. They are now old enough to know they are here illegally and by not submitting themselves to ICE, they are deliberately and willfully breaking the law.

Give "Dreamers" 14 days after their 18th birthday to turn themselves in. If they do, work with them and try to find them a way to stay in the country on a resident visa. If they do not, arrest them. Deport them. Bar them from ever returning to the United States.
At 18 they are still living at home and assuming that they know that they are illegal, would undoubtedly be afraid of the entire family being deported. So you are asking these kids to throw their families under the bus for their own benefit. Any kid that would do that would undoubtedly make a poor prospective citizen.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2018, 05:29 PM
That is not the point. She and her parents need to be booted as illegal aliens. Everyone involved in putting her in this position need to be charged and jailed.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2018, 05:31 PM
You should wish that you were smarter! Then, that would spare us all the agony of your posts!

I have always wished I was smarter than I am. Those of you who are America's enemies will always suffer the agony of my posts.

Dr. Who
03-16-2018, 05:34 PM
That is not the point. She and her parents need to be booted as illegal aliens. Everyone involved in putting her in this position need to be charged and jailed.
I think if you had your way, more than half of the country would be in jail or worse. The problem is that rigidity is prone to breaking. You need a little flexibility in life.

Tahuyaman
03-16-2018, 05:35 PM
I think it's funny that some think that if you support states rights, you are being hypocritical by opposing this. That tells me that they don't understand the concept of federalism.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2018, 05:35 PM
I think if you had your way, more than half of the country would be in jail or worse. The problem is that rigidity is prone to breaking. You need a little flexibility in life.
I think if I had my way we would have 30 million less illegal aliens and their brood in the country. I prefer law. You prefer chaos.

Tahuyaman
03-16-2018, 05:38 PM
The flexibility to reward illegal acts?

Cletus
03-16-2018, 05:46 PM
At 18 they are still living at home and assuming that they know that they are illegal, would undoubtedly be afraid of the entire family being deported. So you are asking these kids to throw their families under the bus for their own benefit. Any kid that would do that would undoubtedly make a poor prospective citizen.

So, you think breaking the law and harboring criminals would make them good citizens?

At 18, they are adults. Everything they do from that point on is on them. There is no more blaming Mommy and Daddy. They either comply with the law or become criminals.

Besides... I am not suggesting offering them a path to citizenship. I am suggesting allowing them the privilege of becoming permanent resident aliens. No illegal alien should ever be permitted to become a US citizen.

Dr. Who
03-16-2018, 05:52 PM
I think if I had my way we would have 30 million less illegal aliens and their brood in the country. I prefer law. You prefer chaos.

The flexibility to reward illegal acts?
The flexibility not to cut off your nose to spite your face. The Dreamers have already been the beneficiaries of the public purse. Without condoning illegal immigration, there should be a path to citizenship for contributing members of society who didn't make the choice to come to America, but who are now nevertheless considered persona non-grata solely because of their immigration status. Getting rid of those who are already proving their worth will come at a price to everyone concerned and what will it accomplish really?

MisterVeritis
03-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Perhaps you are right. Perhaps not.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2018, 05:57 PM
I'm not saying anything about immigration at all. I'm pointing out yet another instance of conservative hypocrisy.
I see a problem. You do not understand enough about our form of government to have an opinion. You appear foolish because you remain uninformed. Many of us would be happy to help you out of your current sad state.

Tahuyaman
03-16-2018, 05:57 PM
The flexibility not to cut off your nose to spite your face. The Dreamers have already been the beneficiaries of the public purse. Without condoning illegal immigration, there should be a path to citizenship for contributing members of society who didn't make the choice to come to America, but who are now nevertheless considered persona non-grata solely because of their immigration status. Getting rid of those who are already proving their worth will come at a price to everyone concerned and what will it accomplish really?

There's always a justification or excuse to ignore the law.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2018, 06:12 PM
We do not need any more radical, leftist attorneys. We have plenty.

Boot them.

Captdon
03-16-2018, 07:13 PM

Musta been mistaken.

Illegal immigration isn't a state right.

Captdon
03-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Right, I got it.

Okay. Tell us how illegal immigration is a state right.

Common
03-16-2018, 07:20 PM
I'm just suggesting that she satisfies all of the criteria for immigration purposes. Just make her a citizen. Why cut off your nose to spite your face. Unlike those immigrants in the queue, this woman's track record is in the US and she's already proven her worth and is already a taxpayer. That's the whole thing with the Dreamers. They didn't break any laws themselves and so many of them are already productive members of society.
No dont make her a citizen, she has no right to jump in front of others going through the legal process to be citizens, like all europeans that come here have to go through.

Doc california doesnt have a legal leg to stand on, because what happens if tomorrow states say No more abortions in our state. We are a sanctuary right to life state then others say no more Affirmative action.

California and liberals DO NOT get to choose what laws they are going to follow and which they are not.