PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the Wrong Business: Colorado background check break all records

Cigar
12-17-2012, 01:53 PM
This weekend set a new record for all single-day background check submittals in Colorado for potential gun purchases, according to Colorado Bureau of Investigation officials.

The first day after news of one of the worst mass shootings in America, when a gunman killed 20 children and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., requests to buy guns in Colorado surged to more than 4,200.

Exact figures weren't available Monday morning while submittals were being processed, CBI spokeswoman Susan Medina said.

The surge following the massacre was so massive it overwhelmed the system, Medina said. So many background checks were submitted the process that normally usually takes minutes turned into wait times of more than 12 hours....

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22208917/colorado-gun-background-checks-break-records

Looks like fear beats Crack any day

Peter1469
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Libs must be having heart attacks. Citizens want the right to defend themselves. How dare they?!

waltky
07-23-2016, 02:43 AM
Background checks have surged 32% in the past year...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_omg.gif
FBI: Gun Background Checks Surged During First Six Months of 2016
July 22, 2016 | The number of applications for federal background checks, which are legally required for potential firearm buyers, surged during the first half of 2016, according to data released in early July by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Applications for background checks have increased 32 percent in the past year, according to the FBI. Nearly 14 million were recorded in the first six months of 2016, compared to about 10 million in the first six months of 2015. FBI data shows that the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) received 2,131,485 background-check applications in June, 39 percent more than the 1,529,057 applications that were filed in June 2015. (See nics_data.pdf) “There have been 26.5 million checks during the last 12 months, more than in any 12-month period previously,” the National Rifle Association (NRA) reported. “If the present rate of checks holds through December, there will be over 32 million checks conducted this year, more than double the number conducted during President Obama’s first year in office.”

Applications tend to surge at the end of the year, near the holidays. The highest application-traffic month on record was December 2015, with 3,314,594 background checks filed - the first month since November 1998 to exceed 3 million applications. Further FBI data show that the rising number of background-check applications received by NICS has been a trend throughout Obama’s second term. NICS’s top 10 highest-application traffic days have all occurred since November 2012, with the highest day - Nov. 27, 2015 - bringing in 185,345 applications. Six of its 10 highest-traffic weeks occurred in the past eight months. However, the record week was Dec. 17 to Dec. 23, 2012, with 953,613 applications filed.

The NRA attributes the sharp upward trend in applications for legal gun ownership since 2012 to Americans’ increasing interest in defending themselves against crime and terrorism. “Obviously in the-- kind of the fabric of the American culture in recent years, terrorism and crime have been major headline makers, and Americans increasingly feel that their self-defense is their responsibility,” said NRA spokesman Jason Brown in an interview with CNSNews.com. “And the way by which they ensure their defense, the defense of their family and their property, is to go out, buy a firearm, receive proper training in how to use that firearm, and know and have the peace of mind that they are able to defend themselves, their families and their property in the event of an incident like crime, in the event of an incident like terrorism, etc.,” Brown continued. “That is what we believe is one of the primary drivers for why there has been such a large increase in the number of NICS background checks,” he said.

MORE (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/emily-blatter/fbi-gun-background-checks-surge-during-first-six-months-2016)

Oboe
07-23-2016, 05:53 AM
Looks like fear beats Crack any day

Even someone with an advanced case of libtardia should be able to see that the police cannot even protect themselves, so how in the wide wide world of liberal dementia would any sane thinking person rely on the police to protect them?

The police, God bless them, are not miracle workers and cannot be everywhere at once. The few times I have called the police to my home, it took more than ten minutes and in some cases longer for them to get there.

Oboe
07-23-2016, 07:28 AM
Even someone with an advanced case of libtardia should be able to see that the police cannot even protect themselves, so how in the wide wide world of liberal dementia would any sane thinking person rely on the police to protect them?

The police, God bless them, are not miracle workers and cannot be everywhere at once. The few times I have called the police to my home, it took more than ten minutes and in some cases longer for them to get there.
I left out one part. When I had my business in Fort Worth, I had to call the police on 3 customers who were at best, unreasonable. Now I was armed, but I certainly did not want to shoot anybody unless I had to. Well, in each of these three instances, two police units responded. And it was NOT like in the movies. They did not roll up to my door and jump out to defend me. Instead, they stopped at least a block away and just watched my business, more than likely to make sure as best they could they were not walking into an ambush.

So I was on my own, but I was prepared. and I probably could have shot this one asshole. He had a night stick in his hand when he walked in my front door, because he didn't like what I charged him to fix his car. At that time I had a Glock 19, I looked at him and told him to go put that night stick in his car right now. He did. No shooting. I did not display my pistol.

Safety
07-23-2016, 07:53 AM
Cool story, bro.

Common
07-23-2016, 08:04 AM
The list of gun owners is growing, local dealer here and a friend tells me most of his business is new gun owners and MANY are women.

My son in law tells me there are horrific numbers of illegal guns in NJ. Gun crime is as prevalent in little NJ as much bigger states. They have some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country.

Truth is the left knows all this, this is an aversion to having to be honest about the real problem.

Also, I have been a yearly member of a range I go to mostly for 9 yrs, there were always a few women, wifes of shooters most of those were spectators. Now the place is loaded with women taking CCW class, gun training class's and shooting.

Its a glaring difference to 9 yrs ago.

Common
07-23-2016, 08:09 AM
The crime of Burglary is one of the only crimes that has decreased. Burglary has become a HIGH risk of death crime for small profit. Who in their right mind would break into others houses knowing the chance is great you might die.