PDA

View Full Version : Gowdy to Trump attorney: 'If you have an innocent client ... act like it'

Crepitus
03-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Gowdy to Trump attorney: 'If you have an innocent client ... act like it' (https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/18/politics/trey-gowdy-john-dowd/index.html)

"If you have an innocent client, Mr. Dowd, act like it," the South Carolina Republican said on "Fox News Sunday."

Gowdy, who is chairman of the House Oversight Committee and sits on the Intelligence and Judiciary committees, said he believed Dowd had done the President "a disservice" by releasing a statement saying he prays that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will end the investigation led by former FBI Director Robert Mueller. Gowdy also spent six years as a federal prosecutor before being elected to Congress.....

Asked about comments on the probe from Trump, who Sunday morning was continuing to tweet his frustration, Gowdy offered similar thoughts.

"If the allegation is collusion with the Russians, and there is no evidence of that, and you are innocent of that, act like it," Gowdy said.

He added later in the interview, "If you've done nothing wrong, you should want the investigation to be as fulsome and thorough as possible."

Gowdy is (according to some of our conservative members) a very experienced and capable prosecutor. It doesn't sound like tRump and company are fooling him.

MisterVeritis
03-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Gowdy to Trump attorney: 'If you have an innocent client ... act like it' (https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/18/politics/trey-gowdy-john-dowd/index.html)
Gowdy is (according to some of our conservative members) a very experienced and capable prosecutor. It doesn't sound like Trump and company are fooling him.
I like Rep. Gowdy. I disagree with him on this. Mueller's Circus needs to be closed down. We also need a special counsel to investigate the DOJ and FBI's FISA abuses, the Clinton email server investigation and if warranted, Mueller's so-called investigation. Because Comey is in so deep and Mueller is a close friend I suspect both will eventually be deserving of indictments.

Scerab
03-18-2018, 02:53 PM
I like Rep. Gowdy. I disagree with him on this. Mueller's Circus needs to be closed down. We also need a special counsel to investigate the DOJ and FBI's FISA abuses, the Clinton email server investigation and if warranted, Mueller's so-called investigation. Because Comey is in so deep and Mueller is a close friend I suspect both will eventually be deserving of indictments.
I am sure the Murdock network has given this expressionless shallow racist much acclaim...
he is nothing short of an intolerant liar... this kind of devious two faced scumbag is the weasel who spills oil over the fires of partisanship...

MisterVeritis
03-18-2018, 02:57 PM
I am sure the Murdock network has given this expressionless shallow racist much acclaim...
he is nothing short of an intolerant liar... this kind of devious two faced scumbag is the weasel who spills oil over the fires of partisanship...
Don't hold back. Let us know how you feel.

Captdon
03-18-2018, 02:58 PM

Gowdy is (according to some of our conservative members) a very experienced and capable prosecutor. It doesn't sound like tRump and company are fooling him.

Gowdy wants to be sure all the "T" are crossed. He wants a second special counsel to investigate the FBI and it's better if Mueller hangs himself. If Mueller had anything on Trump he'd be done by now. Gowdy knows it and wants Mueller to provide the rope we need to hang the Dums.

MisterVeritis
03-18-2018, 03:01 PM
Gowdy wants to be sure all the "T" are crossed. He wants a second special counsel to investigate the FBI and it's better if Mueller hangs himself. If Mueller had anything on Trump he'd be done by now. Gowdy knows it and wants Mueller to provide the rope we need to hang the Dums.
I will happily pay for the rope.

KathyS
03-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Gowdy said much more than that. He also said that Trump had nothing to do with McCabe getting fired- 4:30 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2kfDyKskj8

Additionally, he stated there is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. 6:45 in the video.

As things move closer to the IG report being released, the shrieking from entrenched politicos will become louder as their corrupt house of cards begins to collapse around them. Thanks President Trump!

Crepitus
03-18-2018, 03:25 PM

You talking about Mr V or Gowdy?

MisterVeritis
03-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Very clever. I bet you escape a thread ban. Bravo, I say.

Max Rockatansky
03-18-2018, 03:36 PM

...If the allegation is collusion with the Russians, and there is no evidence of that, and you are innocent of that, act like it," Gowdy said.

He added later in the interview, "If you've done nothing wrong, you should want the investigation to be as fulsome and thorough as possible."Gowdy is correct. Let's get'r'done.

Scerab
03-18-2018, 04:11 PM
I don’t know who is Mr v...
i was talking about this so called public serpent, Gowdy...

Max Rockatansky
03-18-2018, 04:13 PM
I don’t know who is Mr v...
i was talking about this so called public serpent, Gowdy...
You quoted "Mr v" in post #3.

Why don't you like Gowdy? Seems like a straightforward guy to me.

Scerab
03-18-2018, 04:16 PM
I will happily pay for the rope.

Yes, let hang everyone who tries to maintain the sacred doctrine of our democracy.
Let’s allow this bigot-in-chief dictator wannabe to continue on his misogynistic and corrupt escapade, further befouling these United States of lobbyists...

MisterVeritis
03-18-2018, 04:17 PM
Yes, let hang everyone who tries to maintain the sacred doctrine of our democracy.
Let’s allow this bigot-in-chief dictator wannabe to continue on his misogynistic and corrupt escapade, further befouling these United States of lobbyists...
I am impressed you know so many big words, could string them all together and say absolutely nothing. Good job.

Scerab
03-18-2018, 04:21 PM
You quoted "Mr v" in post #3.

Why don't you like Gowdy? Seems like a straightforward guy to me.

I see your referencing my quote and reply to “misterveritis”. I don’t know “misterveritis” personally, ergo I will not target him with such words. But that two faced serpent Gowdy is nothing short of an arsonist igniting the flames of partisanship... furthermore, he is a very shallow and superficial man.
Any one who advocates for a way of life as being superior to all others is a prejudiced entity that harbors bigorty.

Max Rockatansky
03-18-2018, 04:24 PM
I see your referencing my quote and reply to “misterveritis”. I don’t know “misterveritis” personally, ergo I will not target him with such words. But that two faced serpent Gowdy is nothing short of an arsonist igniting the flames of partisanship... furthermore, he is a very shallow and superficial man.
Any one who advocates for a way of life as being superior to all others is a prejudiced entity that harbors bigorty.The comment by the other poster was a slam against MV.

As for Gowdy, how is he difference from many Democrats....other than political polarity, that is?

Scerab
03-18-2018, 04:26 PM
I am impressed you know so many big words, could string them all together and say absolutely nothing. Good job.

Please do entertain us... “big”words? I wonder what is the definition of a “big” word...
if you find it hard to grasp the crux of what I am trying to say, then might I suggest you use a “big” word book, a.k.a dictionary...

MisterVeritis
03-18-2018, 04:29 PM
Please do entertain us... “big”words? I wonder what is the definition of a “big” word...
if you find it hard to grasp the crux of what I am trying to say, then might I suggest you use a “big” word book, a.k.a dictionary...
I was commenting on your skillful ability to say nothing with so many big words. Have you practiced long?

Scerab
03-18-2018, 04:31 PM
The comment by the other poster was a slam against MV.

As for Gowdy, how is he difference from many Democrats....other than political polarity, that is?
Unfortunately, very little...
i said it before and I will say it again...
those candidates who solicit our votes, and get it, are rarely the politicians who represent us. Which is why I suggest we call this country by what is actually occurring, the United States of lobbyists...

Max Rockatansky
03-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately, very little...
i said it before and I will say it again...
those candidates who solicit our votes, and get it, are rarely the politicians who represent us. Which is why I suggest we call this country by what is actually occurring, the United States of lobbyists...

What is your solution?

MMC
03-18-2018, 04:33 PM

Ahahahaha.....now its okay to listen to Gowdy, huh? Any other time Gowdy says something about the Demos. Then its a different story. Hypocrite much. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/lmfao.gif

Scerab
03-18-2018, 05:02 PM
What is your solution?
In one word, transparency.
if all of our representatives conducts are transparent, we will be able to determine any misconduct. And vote accordingly.
For instanse, the kock weasels “donated” half a million dollars to that sycophant Paul Ryan the second he was able to pass the tax scam in congress. If I was one of his constituents, I would have bombarded his office with calls, complaints and inquiries and started a movement to remove him from office.
Also there needs to be term limits on house and senate representatives and Supreme Court Justices.

Max Rockatansky
03-18-2018, 05:18 PM
if all of our representatives conducts are transparent, we will be able to determine any misconduct. And vote accordingly.
For instanse, the kock weasels “donated” half a million dollars to that sycophant Paul Ryan the second he was able to pass the tax scam in congress. If I was one of his constituents, I would have bombarded his office with calls, complaints and inquiries and started a movement to remove him from office.
Also there needs to be term limits on house and senate representatives and Supreme Court Justices.
An ideal which looks good on the surface. I first came of age when Sunshine laws were all the rage in the 1960s and 1970s. It's one thing to have "transparency" in a village of a few hundred people. It's another to have one in a nation of hundreds of millions. What happens is "special interest groups" form and they can scream louder than you or me.

There's a reason why we have a Republic and not a pure Democracy. How can we have a just and true system if uninformed voter can vote based on the eye-color of a candidate or from what their friend tells them? A Republic is better.

That said, many people like sausage but not many like watching it made from a living animal until it pops out of the grinder. Transparency has drawbacks in that, like watching sausage made, it repulses some despite the necessity of the process.

Agreed on term limits, but every time it has come up for the past 30ish years, it's "term limits for your guy, not mine".

Scerab
03-18-2018, 05:31 PM
An ideal which looks good on the surface. I first came of age when Sunshine laws were all the rage in the 1960s and 1970s. It's one thing to have "transparency" in a village of a few hundred people. It's another to have one in a nation of hundreds of millions. What happens is "special interest groups" form and they can scream louder than you or me.

There's a reason why we have a Republic and not a pure Democracy. How can we have a just and true system if uninformed voter can vote based on the eye-color of a candidate or from what their friend tells them? A Republic is better.

That said, many people like sausage but not many like watching it made from a living animal until it pops out of the grinder. Transparency has drawbacks in that, like watching sausage made, it repulses some despite the necessity of the process.

Agreed on term limits, but every time it has come up for the past 30ish years, it's "term limits for your guy, not mine".

How ever repulsive the process, it must be made public...
those who can’t stomach it, may ignore it.

Max Rockatansky
03-18-2018, 05:38 PM
How ever repulsive the process, it must be made public...
those who can’t stomach it, may ignore it.
Do you think it best serves our society to have large numbers of ignorant people deciding the fate of our nation?

zelmo1234
03-18-2018, 05:50 PM
Gowdy said much more than that. He also said that Trump had nothing to do with McCabe getting fired- 4:30 in the video.

Additionally, he stated there is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. 6:45 in the video.

As things move closer to the IG report being released, the shrieking from entrenched politicos will become louder as their corrupt house of cards begins to collapse around them. Thanks President Trump!
And our Friends on the left forgot to mention that???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI

MMC
03-19-2018, 06:17 AM
And our Friends on the left forgot to mention that???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI

They also forgot that Gowdy also has called for a 2 Special Counsel.

ripmeister
03-19-2018, 11:43 AM
Do you think it best serves our society to have large numbers of ignorant people deciding the fate of our nation?
I certainly don't. The past presidential election is proof of that. :grin:

ripmeister
03-19-2018, 11:44 AM

Publically financed elections. Take the special interest money out of the equation.

Kalkin
03-19-2018, 11:47 AM
What is your solution?

A marxist revolution, obviously.

Captdon
03-19-2018, 12:29 PM

It doesn't fit the left's narrative.

Captdon
03-19-2018, 12:31 PM

I've been thinking of a way to say that very thing. Thanks.

Captdon
03-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Any one who advocates for a way of life as being superior to all others is a prejudiced entity that harbors bigorty.

Oh, bullshit. You don't know anyone you attack. Being pompous is not proof of anything. I have a thesaurus too. I also know how to use an ellipsis. You don't write very well. It's hard to make sense out of what you write.

Captdon
03-19-2018, 12:39 PM

Yet, they sent HRC packing...or thought they did.

Captdon
03-19-2018, 12:40 PM

You received a tax cut if you are employed.

Captdon
03-19-2018, 12:43 PM
Publically financed elections. Take the special interest money out of the equation.

You want to take another of my rights away now? I have the right to free speech. I can spend my money as I want. I don't need permission to spend my money to elect a candidate I want.
What's next. My right to vote? My right to worship or not?

MisterVeritis
03-19-2018, 12:47 PM
As soon as that happens I will be running for office perpetually. Good plan.

MisterVeritis
03-19-2018, 12:48 PM
Yet, they sent HRC packing...or thought they did.
The election turned Hillary from Crooked to Crazy. :grin:

I described her as Broke Brained. Crazy sounds better.

ripmeister
03-19-2018, 01:02 PM
You want to take another of my rights away now? I have the right to free speech. I can spend my money as I want. I don't need permission to spend my money to elect a candidate I want.
What's next. My right to vote? My right to worship or not?
Yea, its a dicey proposition at the individual level. Where I have a problem is at the corporate and megarich level like the Kochs or Soros that I have a problem with it.

ripmeister
03-19-2018, 01:03 PM
As soon as that happens I will be running for office perpetually. Good plan.
Ok. Good for you.

Scerab
03-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Oh, bull$#@!. You don't know anyone you attack. Being pompous is not proof of anything. I have a thesaurus too. I also know how to use an ellipsis. You don't write very well. It's hard to make sense out of what you write.
I am pretty satisfied with my writing in English, it not being my primary tongue after all...
i am not here to impress any one but to state my opinion.

MisterVeritis
03-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Right. How do we prevent urban Democrats from voting?

MisterVeritis
03-19-2018, 02:29 PM
I am pretty satisfied with my writing in English, it not being my primary tongue after all...
i am not here to impress any one but to state my opinion.
If you are not here to impress I'd say you have succeeded.

ripmeister
03-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Right. How do we prevent urban Democrats from voting?
Uh..... Brownshirts? :grin:

Max Rockatansky
03-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Your Young Pioneers can stop them. :D

MMC
03-19-2018, 04:23 PM

http://media.glassdoor.com/eep/3012/vKA86.jpg

What.....UPS? http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/wow.gif

MisterVeritis
03-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Ok. Good for you.
Everyone will be running. Why not? It looks like fun. And if the taxpayers are going to spring for the millions why wouldn't everyone join in the fun?

MisterVeritis
03-19-2018, 05:10 PM
I suppose that is one option. How do we keep Democrat operatives from voting in their names?

ripmeister
03-20-2018, 11:30 AM
http://media.glassdoor.com/eep/3012/vKA86.jpg

What.....UPS? http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/wow.gif
LOL! Good one.