PDA

View Full Version : Democrat suggests 'Second Amendment' remedy vs. Trump

Chris
03-20-2018, 08:08 PM
I don't see it as threatening violence. He's answering a question about checks and balances and if that goes awry, a President doesn't follow a mandate from Congress or the Court, what recourse do the people have. I think he answers it generally and properly. There is no implied thread.

Democrat suggests 'Second Amendment' remedy vs. Trump (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/19/democrat-suggests-second-amendment-remedy-vs-trump.html)

A New York Democratic congressman is being accused of promoting violence against President Trump after suggesting during a town hall that citizens may have to take up arms against the president if he doesn’t follow the law.

“I mean, this is where the Second Amendment comes in quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?” Rep. Tom Suozzi, D-N.Y., said during a March 12 Q&A session with constituents in Huntington, on Long Island.

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” he said.

...After Suozzi referenced the Second Amendment, a constituent asked him to explain the amendment.

“The Second Amendment is the right to bear arms,” the Democrat said. “That’s why we have it.”

Republicans are accusing Suozzi of promoting violence.

You can listen to him here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHjmiOudzTk

Tahuyaman
03-20-2018, 08:17 PM
I can see some hypocrites being exposed on this one.

stjames1_53
03-20-2018, 10:06 PM
I don't see it as threatening violence. He's answering a question about checks and balances and if that goes awry, a President doesn't follow a mandate from Congress or the Court, what recourse do the people have. I think he answers it generally and properly. There is no implied thread.

Democrat suggests 'Second Amendment' remedy vs. Trump (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/19/democrat-suggests-second-amendment-remedy-vs-trump.html)

...a bunch of "What If's"...........solely intended to provoke an emotional reaction.
What has Trump done?

The Xl
03-20-2018, 10:53 PM
A New York Democrat referencing the second amendment is hilarious.

zelmo1234
03-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Remember the cross hairs and Sara Palin?

If this would have been a Republican, the Media would be on the war path...

Common
03-21-2018, 06:01 AM
Exactly what I thought when I read it I chuckled

Chris
03-21-2018, 08:18 AM
The ironies in this one go both ways. Here's a Dem talking like a radical Republican, and the Republicans reacting like Democrats, overreacting, I think, given he was talking hypotheticals, explaining what might happen if checks and balances fail, if public appeals fail, what else is left to deal with a hypothetical tyranny?

Captdon
03-21-2018, 06:58 PM
He was correct. If it's any President the second amendment applies.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2018, 08:05 PM
“I mean, this is where the Second Amendment comes in quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?” Rep. Tom Suozzi, D-N.Y., said during a March 12 Q&A session with constituents in Huntington, on Long Island.

The Second Amendment does not apply. The Congress has impeachment power. It just means the representative is not familiar with the Constitution.

Chris
03-21-2018, 08:21 PM

The Second Amendment does not apply. The Congress has impeachment power. It just means the representative is not familiar with the Constitution.

And if a President does not heed Congress?

MisterVeritis
03-21-2018, 08:23 PM
And if a President does not heed Congress?
What would that look like? If the president is impeached and removed from office are you asking what happens if he refuses to leave the Oval office?

LOL.

Chris
03-21-2018, 08:41 PM
What would that look like? If the president is impeached and removed from office are you asking what happens if he refuses to leave the Oval office?

LOL.

LOL => not interested in discussion.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2018, 08:47 PM

LOL => not interested in discussion.
It is amusing. One does not need armed citizens to get the impeached and removed president out of an oval office. The idea itself is ridiculous.

Crepitus
03-21-2018, 09:21 PM

You should. It was a threat when tRump said it, it a threat when someone else, even a Democrat, does.

stjames1_53
03-22-2018, 05:49 AM
You should. It was a threat when tRump said it, it a threat when someone else, even a Democrat, does.

and yet, your half-white ex-god went around Congress and ignored the courts...maybe we should have shot him as well?

Chris
03-22-2018, 08:36 AM

Trump said he'd use the second amendment protection to fight tyranny?

Chris
03-22-2018, 08:37 AM

It is amusing. One does not need armed citizens to get the impeached and removed president out of an oval office. The idea itself is ridiculous.

Hayek's The Road to Serfdom chronicles exactly how it has happened. And predicts it will again.

Crepitus
03-22-2018, 09:32 AM
and yet, your half-white ex-god went around Congress and ignored the courts...maybe we should have shot him as well?
Totally missed the point.

Not that surprising really.

MisterVeritis
03-22-2018, 11:56 AM
If the president is impeached and removed from office are you asking what happens if he refuses to leave the Oval office?

Hayek's The Road to Serfdom chronicles exactly how it has happened. And predicts it will again.
How what has happened? This statement is disconnected from the post it responds to.

Chris
03-22-2018, 12:00 PM
If the president is impeached and removed from office are you asking what happens if he refuses to leave the Oval office?

How what has happened? This statement is disconnected from the post it responds to.

If you'd read Hayek's account you'd see it answers your question.

MisterVeritis
03-22-2018, 12:01 PM
If you'd read Hayek's account you'd see it answers your question.
If you can't answer or won't then just fuck off.

Chris
03-22-2018, 12:05 PM
If you can't answer or won't then just fuck off.

Oh, wow, the you-didn't-answer-my-question game.

Read the book.

MisterVeritis
03-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Oh, wow, the you-didn't-answer-my-question game.

Read the book.
I am not going to play your stupid game.

Chris
03-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Here's the cartoon version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QD75lUm51s

It explains how a liberal democracy can bring about a dictatorship.

Crepitus
03-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Trump said he'd use the second amendment protection to fight tyranny?

Don't be deliberately obtuse.

Chris
03-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Don't be deliberately obtuse.

Be intelligent.

Crepitus
03-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Be intelligent.

I am, what's your excuse?

MisterVeritis
03-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Here's the cartoon version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QD75lUm51s

It explains how a liberal democracy can bring about a dictatorship.
You wandered off on a tangent as you frequently do. How does the Second Amendment apply to a President, impeached and removed from office who refuses to leave?

Chris
03-22-2018, 07:50 PM
You wandered off on a tangent as you frequently do. How does the Second Amendment apply to a President, impeached and removed from office who refuses to leave?

That question is what's off topic. Stop the games already. The question is what recourse do the people have with a President turned tyrant?

MisterVeritis
03-22-2018, 07:55 PM
That question is what's off topic. Stop the games already. The question is what recourse do the people have with a President turned tyrant?
No, Chris. You have wandered into irrelevancy.

"if that goes awry, a President doesn't follow a mandate from Congress or the Court, what recourse do the people have."

Are you stupidly arguing that the people will rise up and storm the White House?

Two questions.
1) What is a mandate from the Congress?
2) What is a mandate from the court?

Neither can mandate anything.

The Congress can impeach and remove the president. The court has no power whatever over the presidency.

Stop the games already.

Chris
03-23-2018, 07:54 AM
No, Chris. You have wandered into irrelevancy.

"if that goes awry, a President doesn't follow a mandate from Congress or the Court, what recourse do the people have."

Are you stupidly arguing that the people will rise up and storm the White House?

Two questions.

The Congress can impeach and remove the president. The court has no power whatever over the presidency.

Stop the games already.

Impeachment would be one such mandate. He's asked in the video what recourse do the people have if such checks and balances fail.

Would the people actually rise up and exercise their rights is not addressed in the video.

Max Rockatansky
03-23-2018, 09:26 AM
Agreed. Plus, everyone knows Libs can't shoot straight.

Max Rockatansky
03-23-2018, 09:27 AM
Congress and SCOTUS

MisterVeritis
03-23-2018, 09:28 AM
Impeachment would be one such mandate. He's asked in the video what recourse do the people have if such checks and balances fail.

Would the people actually rise up and exercise their rights is not addressed in the video.
No.

I laid out exactly what he asked:

Two questions.

Stop the games already.

MisterVeritis
03-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Impeachment would be one such mandate.
Impeachment is not a mandate.

What is a mandate from the Congress? Let's begin there.

Chris
03-23-2018, 10:03 AM
No.

Two questions.

Stop the games already.

And you're wrong and off topic. I won't respond further to this pointless talk about talk.

Chris
03-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Congress and SCOTUS

Checks and balances. And after that? That's what the video asks.

Common Sense
03-23-2018, 10:05 AM
Agreed. Plus, everyone knows Libs can't shoot straight.
I'm a great shot.

MisterVeritis
03-23-2018, 10:06 AM
And you're wrong and off topic. I won't respond further to this pointless talk about talk.
I believe this is the first time I have seen you as a fraud and a coward.

Two questions.

Max Rockatansky
03-23-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm a great shot.
See you at the ballpark!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/acec183a5deef9428da6d9200c047c6c/tumblr_ojso3aF5Rp1ugborco1_540.gif