PDA

View Full Version : Voting trends, the republicans bane

Scerab
03-23-2018, 12:20 PM
The 2016 election broke many record and expectations. Unfortunately, electing a female president was not one of them, but I digress. For the first time, the two younger generations, millennials and GenX, have had a larger presence at the polls then the older generations, silent and boomers. This is fortunate for America, because as the saying goes “out with the old, in with the new”. While the silent and boomer generations were mostly red, the millennial and X generations are mostly blue.

Many factors affect the political weight a generation can have. Millennials and genX are very energized politically and have had a great turn out in the 2016 election. Boomers in contrast have had their peak in 2004. Their ranks are in rapid decline due to migration or expiration.

Gender was never weaponized politically as it is in recent memory. The Republicans keenness on ostracizing women and limiting their freedoms was indeed a contributing factor. As a result, women are flocking to the blue ranks on mass. An approximately %8-%10 increase in American women identifying as democrat in the last decade.

Ones Education helps direct him/her at the ballet box. The republicans have a shameful trend of appealing more to the ill educated. Maybe they are easier to indoctrinate. But there is a clear trend, favoring the blues, among the ranks of the educated. What I find entertaining is how directly proportionate is higher education and liberal tendency.

The White demographic dominance is waning rapidly in the United States of lobbyists. Instead we will witness the rise of the Hispanic and Asian Americans in the coming decades. It’s interesting how all non-white Americans mostly align themselves with Democrats.

Will this be the much sought after republican demise? Or will it force this terrorist organization stop favoring the rich and ignoring the vast majority of Americans...

Only time will tell...

MisterVeritis
03-23-2018, 01:22 PM
The 2016 election broke many record and expectations. Unfortunately, electing a female president was not one of them, but I digress. For the first time, the two younger generations, millennials and GenX, have had a larger presence at the polls then the older generations, silent and boomers. This is fortunate for America, because as the saying goes “out with the old, in with the new”. While the silent and boomer generations were mostly red, the millennial and X generations are mostly blue.

Many factors affect the political weight a generation can have. Millennials and genX are very energized politically and have had a great turn out in the 2016 election. Boomers in contrast have had their peak in 2004. Their ranks are in rapid decline due to migration or expiration.

Gender was never weaponized politically as it is in recent memory. The Republicans keenness on ostracizing women and limiting their freedoms was indeed a contributing factor. As a result, women are flocking to the blue ranks on mass. An approximately %8-%10 increase in American women identifying as democrat in the last decade.

Ones Education helps direct him/her at the ballet box. The republicans have a shameful trend of appealing more to the ill educated. Maybe they are easier to indoctrinate. But there is a clear trend, favoring the blues, among the ranks of the educated. What I find entertaining is how directly proportionate is higher education and liberal tendency.

The White demographic dominance is waning rapidly in the United States of lobbyists. Instead we will witness the rise of the Hispanic and Asian Americans in the coming decades. It’s interesting how all non-white Americans mostly align themselves with Democrats.

Will this be the much sought after republican demise? Or will it force this terrorist organization stop favoring the rich and ignoring the vast majority of Americans...

Only time will tell...

May you wear your chains lightly.

Tahuyaman
03-23-2018, 07:58 PM

Only time will tell...

In spite of Trump’s mistake today, we are fortunate that we did not elect the first woman to be nominated.

Peter1469
03-23-2018, 08:02 PM
I think the younger generation has little regard for the Constitution. I have even seen it in young lawyers and law students.

Tahuyaman
03-23-2018, 08:05 PM
I think the younger generation has little regard for the Constitution. I have even seen it in young lawyers and law students.

I don't believe they truly understand what it is.

Peter1469
03-23-2018, 08:08 PM
I don't believe they truly understand what it is.

They have an attitude than nothing is absolute.