PDA

View Full Version : Will Trump's New Cabinet Give the World Iraq 2.0?

Ethereal
03-24-2018, 03:22 AM
With the ascendancy of Bolton and Pompeo to National Security Adviser and Secretary of State, respectively, it appears Trump is gearing up for a confrontation with Iran.

It's no secret that Trump's cabinet is overflowing with people who dream of "regime change" in Iran, so it seems a reasonable assumption to make.

Is the world in store for another historic disaster, given to us by deranged warmongers with a breathtaking record of stupendous failure?

Tahuyaman
03-24-2018, 05:35 AM
Will Trump's New Cabinet Give the World Iraq 2.0?

No, they won’t.

Peter1469
03-24-2018, 05:36 AM
I see any possible action as naval and air force. There won't be a general invasion of Iran.

MMC
03-24-2018, 06:06 AM
I see any possible action as naval and air force. There won't be a general invasion of Iran.

Agreed.....and it will still be an asswhipping they wont forget. Let the Iranians open their pie holes and make the mistake of their existence.

MMC
03-24-2018, 06:08 AM
Will Trump's New Cabinet Give the World Iraq 2.0?

No, they won’t.

Will the Iranians do something stupid like, or say something really stupid like. I am going with the 80 percentile range or higher.

Scerab
03-24-2018, 07:36 AM
It seems more and more likely everyday that the bigot-in-chief and his sack of sycophants are gearing up for war. This disgusting administrative’s contempt for human life is quite visible for all to see. The republican terrorist organization never learns from its mistakes... toppling regimes DOES NOT WORK...

Iran cannot hurt the United States of lobbyists in any way... we have one of our great fleets right at its beaches... if it even sneezes, the fleet can bombard it to hell... an invasion of Iran would not be in the interest of Americans but rather that of the parasitic Israeli nation and the medieval Saudi monarchy.

What would the casus belli for this war be? How will the republican terrorist organization justify SPILLING AMERICAN BLOOD and WASTING TAX DOLLARS on this war? the most likely scenario is a regime toppling followed by a decade of unrest and terror, curtesy of the republican terrorist organization.

I wounder, will you Murdock zombies want to send Iranian Americans to concentration camps?
Don’t you care how many children, elderly and women will suffer and die due to this unjustified war?
Open your eyes you blind Murdock zombies... this is the work of the weapon industry lobbyists. They are the ones who stand to gain many billions in profit from a war. Of course their donations to the republican terrorist organization will be generous if such a war occurs. This is it, blood money is what gets bloody republican presidents to the White House.

The estimated financial burden of a war with Iran On the TAX PAYER, would run into the trillions. When will you republican terrorists stop wasting TAX DOLLARS on giveaways to the rich and bloody pointless wars? Just stop indoctrinating your selves and turn off the Murdock network of zombies for one freaking second... why is the majority of republicans incredibly ill educated and disgustingly naive...

MMC
03-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Alrighty then.....as you can see Bolton is a good choice. Already he has the leftness shitting their pants and worrying. This is good!

Mini Me
03-24-2018, 09:14 AM
It seems more and more likely everyday that the bigot-in-chief and his sack of sycophants are gearing up for war. This disgusting administrative’s contempt for human life is quite visible for all to see. The republican terrorist organization never learns from its mistakes... toppling regimes DOES NOT WORK...

Iran cannot hurt the United States of lobbyists in any way... we have one of our great fleets right at its beaches... if it even sneezes, the fleet can bombard it to hell... an invasion of Iran would not be in the interest of Americans but rather that of the parasitic Israeli nation and the medieval Saudi monarchy.

What would the casus belli for this war be? How will the republican terrorist organization justify SPILLING AMERICAN BLOOD and WASTING TAX DOLLARS on this war? the most likely scenario is a regime toppling followed by a decade of unrest and terror, curtesy of the republican terrorist organization.

I wounder, will you Murdock zombies want to send Iranian Americans to concentration camps?
Don’t you care how many children, elderly and women will suffer and die due to this unjustified war?
Open your eyes you blind Murdock zombies... this is the work of the weapon industry lobbyists. They are the ones who stand to gain many billions in profit from a war. Of course their donations to the republican terrorist organization will be generous if such a war occurs. This is it, blood money is what gets bloody republican presidents to the White House.

The estimated financial burden of a war with Iran On the TAX PAYER, would run into the trillions. When will you republican terrorists stop wasting TAX DOLLARS on giveaways to the rich and bloody pointless wars? Just stop indoctrinating your selves and turn off the Murdock network of zombies for one freaking second... why is the majority of republicans incredibly ill educated and disgustingly naive...
Excellent! BRAVO!I support this statement 1000%!

Lets send Generalisimo Bolton to Iran and he can lead his troops into the slaughter!

MMC
03-24-2018, 09:29 AM
See ^ its working!

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 07:45 AM
Will the Iranians do something stupid like, or say something really stupid like. I am going with the 80 percentile range or higher.

Usually those who want to harm us only try when they think we are weak or soft.

MMC
03-25-2018, 08:04 AM

The Iranians must have thought there was a lot of softness with BO the peep running things.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 08:23 AM
The Iranians must have thought there was a lot of softness with BO the peep running things.

There was also a lot of incompetence and indecision then as well.

MMC
03-25-2018, 08:41 AM
There was also a lot of incompetence and indecision then as well.

Yeah.....especially when the peeps first 3 SOD's pointed that out.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 08:43 AM

Since we are weak and soft, it's about time they tried to harm us.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 08:48 AM

Are you speaking for yourself?

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Are you speaking for yourself?
No.

Even the Somali Jihadists knew that, while the US military is the finest in the world, all they had to do was to spill enough American blood and the American citizenry would force our military home. Which is exactly what happened. We lost 19 Americans during the Battle of Mogadishu and the Somalians lost hundreds yet POTUS pulled us out.

Bad guys around the world know that all they have to do is spill a little American blood and the Americans will go away. The Iranians have known this since Lebanon and hanging one of our Colonels.

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-07-31/news/mn-492_1_hezbollah

MMC
03-25-2018, 09:25 AM

They don't want to test Trump. So they aren't thinking like they did with BO the Peep.

MMC
03-25-2018, 09:26 AM
No.

Even the Somali Jihadists knew that, while the US military is the finest in the world, all they had to do was to spill enough American blood and the American citizenry would force our military home. Which is exactly what happened. We lost 19 Americans during the Battle of Mogadishu and the Somalians lost hundreds yet POTUS pulled us out.

Bad guys around the world know that all they have to do is spill a little American blood and the Americans will go away. The Iranians have known this since Lebanon and hanging one of our Colonels.

Who was President then?

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Who was President then?
Bill "I didn't inhale" Clinton later to become Bill "I never had sex with that woman" Clinton.

Still, it was the outcry from American citizens, just like in Vietnam, that forced to withdrawal. I'll be the first to admit Vietnam was mismanaged and went on far too long, but too many Americans saw the Tet Offensive as proof we were losing when, in reality, not only was it a last desperate gasp like the Nazis at the Battle of the Bulge, but we won in the end.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 09:32 AM
They don't want to test Trump. So they aren't thinking like they did with BO the Peep.
Agreed. We'll have to wait to see how it all works out.

MMC
03-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Bill "I didn't inhale" Clinton later to become Bill "I never had sex with that woman" Clinton.

Still, it was the outcry from American citizens, just like in Vietnam, that forced to withdrawal. I'll be the first to admit Vietnam was mismanaged and went on far too long, but too many Americans saw the Tet Offensive as proof we were losing when, in reality, not only was it a last desperate gasp like the Nazis at the Battle of the Bulge, but we won in the end.

Notice how that all starts out with Democrats.....then their leftist activists.

Yet they think they should be absolved from it.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 10:18 AM
No.

Do you think they want to test that theory today?

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Do you think they want to test that theory today?
Of course they do, but they'll be smart about it. They'll push, probe and take their time.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Of course they do, but they'll be smart about it. They'll push, probe and take their time.

So, they aren't going to be so bold and open today, huh?

Crepitus
03-25-2018, 10:58 AM
dOnald tRump is just as impaled on the pin of public opinion as any other president if not more so. If the public screams he will listen. His overwhelming desire to be liked will ensure that.

Peter1469
03-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Put on your big boy pants when you post.

Thanks in advance.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 11:12 AM
So, they aren't going to be so bold and open today, huh?
It depends. We shall see, eh?

MMC
03-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Put on your big boy pants when you post.

Thanks in advance.

Signs $1.3 Trillion Omnibus: Never Signing Another Bill Like This Again (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/23/watch_live_trump_announces_news_conference_on_omni bus_spending_bill.html)

Yeah, he was so impaled on the pin. :laugh:

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 11:47 AM
It depends. We shall see, eh?

How have they acted for the last year? A little quieter maybe? A little more restrained?

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 12:13 PM
How have they acted for the last year? A little quieter maybe? A little more restrained?
Difficult to say. Are you saying just because American media isn't focused on them that they aren't doing anything?

They are a little busy with the Syrian war and exporting stuff to Africa. They also have internal problems as displayed by the protests last December.

http://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/369801-claiming-ignorance-of-irans-actions-is-no-longer-viable

The Xl
03-25-2018, 12:42 PM
It's very possible. It's a very unfortunate situation, no defending Trump on this one.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Difficult to say. Are you saying just because American media isn't focused on them that they aren't doing anything?

They are a little busy with the Syrian war and exporting stuff to Africa. They also have internal problems as displayed by the protests last December.

http://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/369801-claiming-ignorance-of-irans-actions-is-no-longer-viable

Its not difficult to say. They have been much more restrained in their aggressive anti American rhetoric.

Also their internal problems may be a result of the people there thinking that they may have a strong overseas ally in their struggle with their current government.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Its not difficult to say. They have been much more restrained in their aggressive anti American rhetoric.
Also their internal problems may be a result of the people there thinking that they may have a strong overseas ally in their struggle with their current government.As shown by your watching cable media?

MisterVeritis
03-25-2018, 01:00 PM

I knew one of the players on our side. MG Christmas.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 01:20 PM
As shown by your watching cable media?. Do you have any actual relevant thoughts on the subject?

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 02:44 PM
. Do you have any actual relevant thoughts on the subject?
Sorry, I didn't know questioning your source of facts was against the rules.

Put me on ignore if you don't like my previous comments.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 02:49 PM
Sorry, I didn't know questioning your source of facts was against the rules.

Put me on ignore if you don't like my previous comments.
I don't need to put you on ignore to disregard your stupid comments.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 03:17 PM
I don't need to put you on ignore to disregard your stupid comments.
You aren't ignoring me at all. What does that say about you and my comments?

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 03:56 PM
You aren't ignoring me at all. What does that say about you and my comments?

I'm amused by stupidity. Especially when the provider of the stupidity doesn't know it.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 04:12 PM
I'm amused by stupidity. Especially when the provider of the stupidity doesn't know it.
You must have a great time all alone.

Tahuyaman
03-25-2018, 04:38 PM
You must have a great time all alone.

I have a great great time all the time. I'm rarely alone. You are about as engaging as a clump of kelp.

Max Rockatansky
03-25-2018, 05:12 PM
I have a great great time all the time. I'm rarely alone. You are about as engaging as a clump of kelp.
Yet you continue to follow and respond to my posts. Fascinating. Care to respond to this one? Honestly is prefered:

and this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/magazine/how-a-ransom-for-royal-falconers-reshaped-the-middle-east.html

...Within days of the hunters’ kidnapping, the Qatari government determined that the royals were almost certainly being held by a Shiite militia with ties to Iran. That effectively put their fate in the hands of a man who is perhaps the most powerful military officer in the Middle East: an Iranian general named Qassim Suleimani. An austere, hollow-eyed commander, Suleimani controls the Quds Force of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, along with a far-flung network of proxy forces and allies across the region. He reports directly to Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and is widely considered a more influential figure than the country’s foreign minister or president. He has directed Iran’s successful efforts to disrupt American policy in Iraq since the U.S. invasion in 2003; a 2012 magazine profile in Wired called him “the world’s most dangerous” man.

Suleimani appeared to have little interest in ransom money. His top priority for years had been Syria, where Iran has fought hard to prop up the regime of President Bashar al-Assad. Syria has been a lifeline for Iran ever since the 1980s, when the new Islamic republic first began shipping weapons through Syrian territory to Hezbollah, which functions as Iran’s external arm in Lebanon. When the Syrian civil war broke out in 2011, that link was suddenly at risk. The region’s great Sunni and Shiite powers leapt into the Syria crisis, transforming the democratic stirrings of the Arab Spring into a sectarian battleground. For the Saudis and their allies, sponsoring Syrian rebels was a golden chance to topple Assad, push Syria onto the Sunni side of the chessboard and isolate Iran. For Suleimani, who directed Iran’s military forces in Syria, the civil war there became an existential struggle to sustain his country’s only reliable ally....

Mini Me
03-25-2018, 11:22 PM

You are flame-baiting Max! You are why this board is losing members!

Tahuyaman
03-26-2018, 02:16 AM
You are flame-baiting Max! You are why this board is losing members!

Ok, you're an idiot so what?

MMC
03-26-2018, 05:57 AM
With the ascendancy of Bolton and Pompeo to National Security Adviser and Secretary of State, respectively, it appears Trump is gearing up for a confrontation with Iran.

It's no secret that Trump's cabinet is overflowing with people who dream of "regime change" in Iran, so it seems a reasonable assumption to make.

Is the world in store for another historic disaster, given to us by deranged warmongers with a breathtaking record of stupendous failure?

What are you afraid of? When was Iran ever a Righteous Country and about doing the Right thing? Why would you let Iran operate freely, expand their influence, and create more problems for the US?

Did you think Iran would leave the US alone. That it wouldn't still go after Americans overseas?

Why do you look to honor Iran and give them praise?

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 06:13 AM
What are you afraid of? When was Iran ever a Righteous Country and about doing the Right thing? Why would you let Iran operate freely, expand their influence, and create more problems for the US?

Did you think Iran would leave the US alone. That it wouldn't still go after Americans overseas?

Why do you look to honor Iran and give them praise?
I would use a policy of containment against Iran. I don't see a war with it.

MMC
03-26-2018, 06:26 AM

Isnt that what we were doing. A Policy of Containment. It failed.....they broke out. Now can exert influence all the way to Club Med. Which says nothing about them being in our back yard. South America, Central America and Mexico.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 06:34 AM
Isnt that what we were doing. A Policy of Containment. It failed.....they broke out. Now can exert influence all the way to Club Med. Which says nothing about them being in our back yard. South America, Central America and Mexico.

We allowed Iran to expand its influence by creating a power vacuum in Iraq.

MMC
03-26-2018, 06:41 AM

Yes, the Democrats did. But we didn't stop them from getting in our backyard. What CIA go on vacation or something?

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Iran has long had a global reach through its Quds Force and intelligence agencies.

donttread
03-26-2018, 06:54 AM

Iran
Syria
NK

No shortage of fodder for the military industrial complex

MMC
03-26-2018, 07:03 AM
Iran has long had a global reach through its Quds Force and intelligence agencies.

There is a remedy and we should have been on top of that years ago. But that is not a good enough excuse for not picking up the pieces now.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 07:10 AM
Agreed about containment and I don't see war in the near future. It will be a race between going to war with a radical Iran and the internal struggles in Iran turning it into a western-favoring moderate nation.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 07:10 AM
There is a remedy and we should have been on top of that years ago. But that is not a good enough excuse for not picking up the pieces now.

We seem to be turning our attention to China and Russia- that was the reason for the massive increase in defense spending.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 07:13 AM
Robert Baer's book "The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower" (2008) was very illuminating about the Iranian mindset and national goals. They are very methodical and consider both the Persian Gulf an Iranian lake and seek to dominate all the nations around it.

https://www.amazon.com/Devil-We-Know-Dealing-Superpower-ebook/dp/B001FA0IYM

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 07:16 AM
Agreed. Invading Iraq was one of the biggest military blunders our nation has made in decades. Bombing the crap out of Saddam's "palaces" is one thing, but invasion and occupation for 9 years bled both American blood and American treasure. About a Trillion dollars. Not to mention creating the major problem you mentioned.

MMC
03-26-2018, 07:16 AM
We seem to be turning our attention to China and Russia- that was the reason for the massive increase in defense spending.

Meh.....I think it was more due to having to repair everything and getting our numbers back up to being able to handle 2 Major Wars and still defend the Country.

MMC
03-26-2018, 07:19 AM
Agreed. Invading Iraq was one of the biggest military blunders our nation has made in decades. Bombing the crap out of Saddam's "palaces" is one thing, but invasion and occupation for 9 years bled both American blood and American treasure. About a Trillion dollars. Not to mention creating the major problem you mentioned.

Yeah....screw that nation building shit the Demos and Neo Cons are all into. The Invading part wasn't the blunder it was stopping at the border of Iran.

If we are going to invade.....then never give up the land.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Meh.....I think it was more due to having to repair everything and getting our numbers back up to being able to handle 2 Major Wars and still defend the Country.

It is not just numbers. It was worn out equipment and troops.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 07:28 AM
Yeah....screw that nation building shit the Demos and Neo Cons are all into. The Invading part wasn't the blunder it was stopping at the border of Iran.

If we are going to invade.....then never give up the land.

Iran would be very difficult to invade. Geography there favors the defenders.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61eJUOGfjgL._SY387_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Link (https://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Classic-Laminated-Reference/dp/159775370X?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-sym-new-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=159775370X)

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 07:36 AM
If we are going to invade.....then never give up the land.Sorry, but invading was the blunder since that's the part that created the power vacuum. Saddam hated Iran and, despite being one of the world's most despotic assholes, was a doorstop to Iran's attempts at influence across the ME. Invading Iraq removed the doorstop.

MMC
03-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Iran would be very difficult to invade. Geography there favors the defenders.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61eJUOGfjgL._SY387_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Link (https://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Classic-Laminated-Reference/dp/159775370X?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-sym-new-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=159775370X)

Yeah I know.....some call it fortress Iran. Surrounded on 3 sides by mountains. The other by the Ocean.

If the Mongols and the Ottomans can do it.....it can be done.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 07:56 AM
Yeah I know.....some call it fortress Iran. Surrounded on 3 sides by mountains. The other by the Ocean.

With attrition. Our technical advantages would be minimized.

I think if we ever go to war with Iran it will be limited to naval and air force action.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 07:58 AM

If the Mongols and the Ottomans can do it.....it can be done. The Mongols and Ottomans didn't face IEDs. Times have changed. The 9 year occupation of Iraq should serve as a clue as to what occupying Iran would look like.

MMC
03-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Sorry, but invading was the blunder since that's the part that created the power vacuum. Saddam hated Iran and, despite being one of the world's most despotic assholes, was a doorstop to Iran's attempts at influence across the ME. Invading Iraq removed the doorstop.

The only blunder was not leaving a Strongman to counter Iran. Giving the Country to the Shia. Clearly was a mistake.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 07:59 AM

I think if we ever go to war with Iran it will be limited to naval and air force action.Agreed. No occupation; just neutralize their offensive fighting capability.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:00 AM
The only blunder was not leaving a Strongman to counter Iran. Giving the Country to the Shia. Clearly was a mistake.
Who would you have left? Saddam? Why invade in the first place? What was gained?

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:04 AM
The Mongols and Ottomans didn't face IEDs. Times have changed. The 9 year occupation of Iraq should serve as a clue as to what occupying Iran would look like.
Nor did they try to advance thru the vast open area to get to Iran proper. The Ottomans that is. The Mongols got control by coming thru the Northeast.

But now.....in todays age. Invasion would have to be different. Which means we would have to take a part of Iran by Ocean. Then be prepared to Keep the Southern part of the Country.

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Who would you have left? Saddam? Why invade in the first place? What was gained?

Nothing in our Interests......Natural Gas for the Euros so they wouldn't need to rely on Russia.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Nor did they try to advance thru the vast open area to get to Iran proper. The Ottomans that is. The Mongols got control by coming thru the Northeast.
But now.....in todays age. Invasion would have to be different. Which means we would have to take a part of Iran by Ocean. Then be prepared to Keep the Southern part of the Country.Like Iraq, there is no doubt the US could take down Iran in short order. It's holding it that is the problem. I knew that about Iraq in 2003. I'm no military genius so why didn't the Bush administration know it?

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:07 AM

I think if we ever go to war with Iran it will be limited to naval and air force action.

Well I agree there.....it would be by Naval an Air Power.

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:10 AM
Like Iraq, there is no doubt the US could take down Iran in short order. It's holding it that is the problem. I knew that about Iraq in 2003. I'm no military genius so why didn't the Bush administration know it?

Lets try this.....Invasion Iran. You have been picked as the Top Military General. Your mission.....take Iran. How would you do it?

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Nothing in our Interests......Natural Gas for the Euros so they wouldn't need to rely on Russia.
Wouldn't Saddam have sold that to them? He certainly had no problem selling them oil.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 08:13 AM
Like Iraq, there is no doubt the US could take down Iran in short order. It's holding it that is the problem. I knew that about Iraq in 2003. I'm no military genius so why didn't the Bush administration know it?

They had no plan for what to do after the Iraqi army was defeated.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:15 AM
Lets try this.....Invasion Iran. You have been picked as the Top Military General. Your mission.....take Iran. How would you do it?
Already posted:

The big question is "How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice for this mission, Mr. President, and how many American tax dollars?"

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:17 AM

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:17 AM
Because they were under the delusion that we'd be greeted as liberators screaming "Thanks! Here, take all of our oil"?

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:19 AM
Here is a couple maps to use.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5P6206nDp8M/Ts5VlGkyldI/AAAAAAAACgE/pYyqZAjE4rQ/s1600/Iran-Map-Printable.gif

https://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/iran_population_density_2004.jpg

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Already posted:

The big question is "How many Americans are you willing to sacrifice for this mission, Mr. President, and how many American tax dollars?"

Not really you didn't go into details. Oh and the question just isn't how many American tax dollars will we need. Its how many Iranians are you willing to kill.....General Mad Max.

Oh and I expect you to take. All Iranian money and gold. :grin:

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 08:23 AM

I would not invade Iran. I would destroy its navy, air force, and nuclear sites. There is nothing in Iran that I want to hold with a occupying force.

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:26 AM
I would not invade Iran. I would destroy its navy, air force, and nuclear sites. There is nothing in Iran that I want to hold with a occupying force.

Think of this way General Peter.....you don't want to fail. We want the land too.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 08:27 AM
Think of this way General Peter.....you don't want to fail. We want the land too.
No we don't. That means controlling people that don't want us there.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:27 AM
Not really you didn't go into details. Oh and the question just isn't how many American tax dollars will we need. Its how many Iranians are you willing to kill.....General.

Oh and I expect you to take. All Iranian money and gold. :grin:
Why would I? Dude, you're the one advocating invading Iran. What's your plan, General?

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:29 AM
No we don't. That means controlling people that don't want us there.

General Peter.....we don't care what those people want. We need space. :wink:

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Why would I? Dude, you're the one advocating invading Iran. What's your plan, General?

You called me President General Max. You have been given a mission. Do not fail me! :evil:

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:32 AM
You called me President General Max. You have been given a mission. Do not fail me! :evil:
If you want to invade and occupy Iran, I'm resigning and will retire on a beach. Let me know how it works out, Mr. President! :D

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:36 AM
If you want to invade and occupy Iran, I'm resigning and will retire on a beach. Let me know how it works out, Mr. President! :D

There is no resigning General Max. You didn't think this was the United States did you. This is the Country of MMC. :laugh:

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 08:37 AM
General Peter.....we don't care what those people want. We need space. :wink:

We don't need space in Iran.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:38 AM
There is no resigning General Max. You didn't think this was the United States did you. This is the Country of MMC. :laugh:
LOL. Still, invading Iran is a very, very bad idea unless there was a worse alternative. In that case, nuking them would be better.

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:38 AM
We don't need space in Iran.

So what you are saying General Peter.....is you couldn't do it, that it is impossible for you, Just aren't up to the job, huh? :tongue:

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:40 AM
LOL. Still, invading Iran is a very, very bad idea unless there was a worse alternative. In that case, nuking them would be better.
No no no we can't nuke General Max. No nukes. We have to be able to access whatever you can take. :cool2:

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 08:42 AM
So what you are saying General Peter.....is you couldn't do it, that it is impossible for you, Just aren't up to the job, huh? :tongue:

No. I am saying it is not in the US vital interests to do so.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:43 AM
No no no we can't nuke General Max. No nukes. We have to be able to access whatever you can take. :cool2:

Airbursts only kill people, not oil reserves. Besides, the oil reserves aren't in the cities or ports.

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:44 AM

Were not talking about US Interests General Peter.....this is MMCs Interest. :kiss:

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Airbursts only kill people, not oil reserves. Besides, the oil reserves aren't in the cities or ports.

So you are sayin we would have air superiority, Right General Max. MMC wants the oil too. :angry:

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Agreed. There are other ways to handle the situation. Besides, if Iran thought it was about to be invaded, they could easily close off the Strait of Hormuz, thus causing a major global economic upheaval.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:47 AM
So you are sayin we would have air superiority, Right General Max. MMC wants the oil too. :angry:
You have to hold the country if you want the oil. Good luck pumping it and transporting it through a country so pissed off they'll blow up every drilling rig and every convoy for the duration.

Why haven't you presented your plan for holding Iran? Why haven't you posted how many American lives and tax dollars should be expended on this adventure?

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Agreed. There are other ways to handle the situation. Besides, if Iran thought it was about to be invaded, they could easily close off the Strait of Hormuz, thus causing a major global economic upheaval.
The Saudis and Israelis have assured me that wont happen. You have Card Blanc General Max. :wink:

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:50 AM
You have to hold the country if you want the oil. Good luck pumping it and transporting it through a country so pissed off they'll blow up every drilling rig and every convoy for the duration.

Why haven't you presented your plan for holding Iran? Why haven't you posted how many American lives and tax dollars should be expended on this adventure?

Cuz I'm the President and that's what you Generals and advisors jobs are. So you have to have a plan for the inevitable. :grin:

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Were not talking about US Interests General Peter.....this is MMCs Interest. :kiss:

I see no reason to invade and occupy Iran. I understand it could be done. But at a heavy cost.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 08:53 AM
The Saudis and Israelis have assured me that wont happen. You have Card Blanc General Max. :wink:
Then they are lying to you since it's impossible for them to stop the Iranians from closing the Strait unless they invade too.

https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/hormuz.gif

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:55 AM
I see no reason to invade and occupy Iran. I understand it could be done. But at a heavy cost.

What would happen to the Iranians if they were to lose the Coast to the Arabian Sea and the Straight of Hormuz General Peter? Like the whole Southern portion of Iran. Say about 250 clicks all the way round in those areas? While having No Air Superiority and having to cross that vast open area in their country?

So we will need some Mercs, huh?

That is why you are the General, Peter and not the President of the Country of MMC. :tongue:

MMC
03-26-2018, 08:59 AM
Then they are lying to you since it's impossible for them to stop the Iranians from closing the Strait unless they invade too.

https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/hormuz.gif

Cmon General Max if you have taken out their Naval forces and you have Air Superiority.....how can they do that?

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 09:13 AM
Cmon General Max if you have taken out their Naval forces and you have Air Superiority.....how can they do that?
A few hundred Noor/ cruise missiles buried in the desert, hidden in caves and disguised as commercial trucks. Still waiting for you to say how many American lives you want to spend on this invasion and occupation. 2000? 4000? 10,000?

Iran's Rocket and Missile Forces and Strategic Options By Anthony H. Cordesman

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Launcher_for_Qader-Noor_missile.jpg

MMC
03-26-2018, 09:14 AM
Alright guys.....I was just seeing if you could come up with a plan to take a part of Iran or all of it. As we know the US isn't going to invade Iran. Let alone the Military complications, there would be the political fall out with the Euros and everybody else. So its just not going to happen.

Just like with any other major country. Invasions are a thing of the past.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 09:20 AM
Alright guys.....I was just seeing if you could come up with a plan to take a part of Iran or all of it. As we know the US isn't going to invade Iran. Let alone the Military complications, there would be the political fall out with the Euros and everybody else. So its just not going to happen.

Just like with any other major country. Invasions are a thing of the past.Not to mention it's a very bad idea except as a second-to-last resort. Last resort being Thermonuclear War.

MMC
03-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Not to mention it's a very bad idea except as a second-to-last resort. Last resort being Thermonuclear War.

Just as is with Fortress N Korea and Fortress Russia.

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 09:56 AM
Just as is with Fortress N Korea and Fortress Russia.
Agreed. Invading either would be a very bad idea except as a second-to-last resort.

Mini Me
03-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Why would we want to be like the Mongols or Ottomans? They were barbarians!

Mini Me
03-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Agreed. No occupation; just neutralize their offensive fighting capability.
No, block their cable TV and internet! That will drive them bonkers!:laugh:

Mini Me
03-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Already posted:

Right! Its 'risk vs. reward" ratio!

We can have peace with Iran if;

They stop funding Hezbollah, and leave Syria alone
And stop threatening Israel
And dump the Mullahs and opt for a secular gov.t

I know this is a long shot, but we could tell them that we protect the whole Gulf and its oil for the benefit of them and S.A. Which is true, btw

The Iranian people want peace, and they accept Jews in Iran

Mini Me
03-26-2018, 10:45 AM

That is a major danger! And using nukes is insane, that would allow Russia to intervene.....with nukes!

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Destroy their navy and air-force. Plus their nuclear sites. Nothing more is needed.

What would happen to the Iranians if they were to lose the Coast to the Arabian Sea and the Straight of Hormuz General Peter? Like the whole Southern portion of Iran. Say about 250 clicks all the way round in those areas? While having No Air Superiority and having to cross that vast open area in their country?

So we will need some Mercs, huh?

That is why you are the General, Peter and not the President of the Country of MMC. :tongue:

MMC
03-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Destroy their navy and air-force. Plus their nuclear sites. Nothing more is needed.
Yeah, and their Quds force and let the CIA start removing as many as possible out of South and Central America. Mexico Too.

Oh and kill that mope Suliemanani. (sp)

Max Rockatansky
03-26-2018, 11:19 AM
Yeah, and their Quds force and let the CIA start removing as many as possible out of South and Central America. Mexico Too.

Hire the Russians. They're great at assassinations.

Peter1469
03-26-2018, 11:28 AM

I was talking about overt military action. I am a fan of assassinations.

Mini Me
03-27-2018, 11:52 AM

Can we send them CARE packages after that?
To only the white Christians, of course! No brown people!