PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Believe Arming Teachers, Theatre Ushers is a Great Idea

bladimz
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
There has been some comments relative to the shootings in CT last Friday that suggest that it all could have been avoided had the principal been armed...

This video shows the failed thinking here.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/defend-gun-7312540#.UNCj8gIWH4U.email

KC
12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
There has been some comments relative to the shootings in CT last Friday that suggest that it all could have been avoided had the principal been armed...

People who say we should arm teachers, much like people who say we should control access to guns, are just being alarmist. There is no single solution that will work everywhere, so leave the choice up to local school districts and let them determine what they want in their schools.

Cigar
12-18-2012, 01:17 PM
People who say we should arm teachers, much like people who say we should control access to guns, are just being alarmist. There is no single solution that will work everywhere, so leave the choice up to local school districts and let them determine what they want in their schools.

I don't know what type of school some of these people went to ... but the last thing I wanted my Teachers to have was anything more lethal than eraser. :)

GrassrootsConservative
12-18-2012, 01:20 PM
If everyone was armed and it was known that they were armed, the gunman would not have went to that school.

KC
12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
If everyone was armed and it was known that they were armed, the gunman would not have went to that school.

I don't know about that. He was suicidal after all.

Cigar
12-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Ooops ...wasn't Adams mother a Teacher?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/60707_529289527082030_1111470984_n.jpg

KC
12-18-2012, 01:30 PM

Nope, though it was widely reported that she was.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/12/nancy-lanza-reportedly-wasnt-teacher-sandy-hook-elementary/60025/

Cigar
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Nope, though it was widely reported that she was.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/12/nancy-lanza-reportedly-wasnt-teacher-sandy-hook-elementary/60025/

Apparently after the divorce she had enough money to not have to work ...

Sounds like a deal better than being a Teacher ... she was a Full-Time Stay at home Mon.

KC
12-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Apparently after the divorce she had enough money to not have to work ...

Sounds like a deal better than being a Teacher ... she was a Full-Time Stay at home Mon.

Yeah, apparently her ex husband was loaded. Financial Exec and part owner of NBC Universal.

bladimz
12-18-2012, 01:58 PM
If everyone was armed and it was known that they were armed, the gunman would not have went to that school.Funny guy!

Did you even watch the video? I bet not.

GrassrootsConservative
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Funny guy!

Did you even watch the video? I bet not.

Yes I saw the shaggy dude get his gun all tangled up in his shirt.
You should stop making assumptions.

GrassrootsConservative
12-18-2012, 02:09 PM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/60707_529289527082030_1111470984_n.jpg

Fail, Cigar. Even for you.

bladimz
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes I saw the shaggy dude get his gun all tangled up in his shirt.
You should stop making assumptions.What assumptions would they be?
Be specific.

oceanloverOH
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't know what type of school some of these people went to ... but the last thing I wanted my Teachers to have was anything more lethal than eraser. :)

I gotta agree with Cigar on this one.....letting the teachers have guns in the classrooms opens the door to all kinds of other issues....not the least of which is - - what happens when a TEACHER goes gonzo????

Agravan
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I gotta agree with Cigar on this one.....letting the teachers have guns in the classrooms opens the door to all kinds of other issues....not the least of which is - - what happens when a TEACHER goes gonzo????
You have to already be gonzo to even want to teach in today's classrooms.

KC
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM

I can vouch for that.

Cigar
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM

I know I pissed-off a few teachers in my day, and I'm sure they wanted to shoot me after I called Bull-Shit on some of their Teachings :)

Agravan
12-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I know I pissed-off a few teachers in my day, and I'm sure they wanted to shoot me after I called Bull-Shit on some of their Teachings :)

They must have been liberal teachers then. Liberals are prone to violence and lack of self-control or discipline.

Peter1469
12-18-2012, 05:09 PM

The video is an MSM hit piece designed to advance its agenda.

bladimz
12-18-2012, 07:45 PM
I guess you could tell yourself that. But you're a smart guy, Peter. Is the rationale in this piece failed? Is the point made not correct?

zelmo1234
12-19-2012, 12:01 AM

This is interesting but it is totally flawed. First you have firearm instructors and markmens that know exactly who has the gun! So while everyone is running the officer shoots the person with the gun.

Next the students are put in a shirt that every instructor on the planet would tell you not to wear, as #1 the gun shows through, making it ilegal, and number 2 you can not deploy the weapon.

And last they put the student with the gun in the worst possible seat, allowing the shooter the advantage of seeing this person while he was on the shooters weak side.

So let me ask you this small question what if we did not tell the shooter that I was going to be in the room as well, and I sat in the back row behind the door giving me the advantage as I would always do. How many times do you think that I could have stopped the shooter???

You see his back would have been toward me, he would have been looking for the student that he knew where he or she was so the first 2 shots are in the professor, where he knows where is and then he turns to the person he knows has the gun.

BOOM! he would never have made it because the element of surprize would have been one my side, just like it is when the persons does not know who had the gun.

The party store robery is much more likely they fire and miss eachother but the intruder flees.

That being said that is why I train people for free, and that is why we tell people to practice ofter in real situations or stress.

I hope that you can see the difference. if the principle that threw herself at this young man would have had a Gun BOOM! down goes the loon.

Also the shot to the leg that the young lady made would have brought the man down shatering the masive leg bone and severing the large artery in the back of the leg, he could not have continued to shoot from a standing position. Advantage would have went to the young lady! as panic would have set in.

this was a test designe to promote an agenda. If you want a real situation you could chage it in a few ways, first you could tell the shooter that they are going in to see how many hits on unarmed people that they could make with one or two clips.

Then have the concealed carry person select a seat on there own after completing the program with a qualified instruction and then let it play out. the surprize would be on both parties. my guess is that the person that is not expecting to run into a gun would be killed or shot everytime and he or she would not have ahywhere near the accuracy as when knowing each and every part of the test..

roadmaster
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Correct it is totally flawed. If the principal, vice principal and counselor had guns different rooms it would have been likely the man would have been hit way before he could have killed all those children. Ours were qualified at my elementary.

RightWingHomosexual
12-19-2012, 12:50 AM
ISRAEL:

*Most* University and High School teachers are armed with either high-capacity Galil or UZI SMG's as well as high-capacity 9mm's. For one obvious reason: to stop Palestinian suicide-terrorists from murdering Israeli teenagers (Maalot, 1974). The death toll percentage of Palestinian terrorists numbers well into the thousands as opposed to a few dozen students since 1974.

Maalot School Massacre (1974)
Web link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma'alot_massacre

Mainecoons
12-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Works for the Israelis.

Interesting that every one of these events has occurred in "gun free zones." I think what you liberal fools have gone and done is created reservations where the nut cases feel safe to go in and shoot a bunch of people.

bladimz
12-21-2012, 12:59 PM
This is interesting but it is totally flawed. First you have firearm instructors and markmens that know exactly who has the gun! So while everyone is running the officer shoots the person with the gun.

Next the students are put in a shirt that every instructor on the planet would tell you not to wear, as #1 the gun shows through, making it ilegal, and number 2 you can not deploy the weapon.

And last they put the student with the gun in the worst possible seat, allowing the shooter the advantage of seeing this person while he was on the shooters weak side.

So let me ask you this small question what if we did not tell the shooter that I was going to be in the room as well, and I sat in the back row behind the door giving me the advantage as I would always do. How many times do you think that I could have stopped the shooter???

You see his back would have been toward me, he would have been looking for the student that he knew where he or she was so the first 2 shots are in the professor, where he knows where is and then he turns to the person he knows has the gun.

BOOM! he would never have made it because the element of surprize would have been one my side, just like it is when the persons does not know who had the gun.

The party store robery is much more likely they fire and miss eachother but the intruder flees.

That being said that is why I train people for free, and that is why we tell people to practice ofter in real situations or stress.

I hope that you can see the difference. if the principle that threw herself at this young man would have had a Gun BOOM! down goes the loon.

Also the shot to the leg that the young lady made would have brought the man down shatering the masive leg bone and severing the large artery in the back of the leg, he could not have continued to shoot from a standing position. Advantage would have went to the young lady! as panic would have set in.

this was a test designe to promote an agenda. If you want a real situation you could chage it in a few ways, first you could tell the shooter that they are going in to see how many hits on unarmed people that they could make with one or two clips.

Then have the concealed carry person select a seat on there own after completing the program with a qualified instruction and then let it play out. the surprize would be on both parties. my guess is that the person that is not expecting to run into a gun would be killed or shot everytime and he or she would not have ahywhere near the accuracy as when knowing each and every part of the test..I didn't see anywhere in the video where it was said that the "gunman" knew which "student" had the gun. Could you please give me the time-mark in the video?

Either way, i need to ask: have you personally ever been in a high-stress situation where you had to pull and fire a gun at another human being? Maybe you have, but i'm just asking.

nic34
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
ISRAEL:

*Most* University and High School teachers are armed with either high-capacity Galil or UZI SMG's as well as high-capacity 9mm's. For one obvious reason: to stop Palestinian suicide-terrorists from murdering Israeli teenagers (Maalot, 1974). The death toll percentage of Palestinian terrorists numbers well into the thousands as opposed to a few dozen students since 1974.

Maalot School Massacre (1974)
Web link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma'alot_massacre

We don't live in Israel.

bladimz
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Correct it is totally flawed. If the principal, vice principal and counselor had guns different rooms it would have been likely the man would have been hit way before he could have killed all those children. Ours were qualified at my elementary.
So really, what we're talking about here is that what is needed are policemen or security people who just happen to be educators. Excellent idea.

bladimz
12-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Works for the Israelis.

Interesting that every one of these events has occurred in "gun free zones." I think what you liberal fools have gone and done is created reservations where the nut cases feel safe to go in and shoot a bunch of people.
Events occurring in areas not listed as gun free: malls, banks, military installations, churches, trains. Why do some people want to ignore that the nutjobs don't care if their targets are gun-free or not. If the "voices" tell you to go to the local school or the gun show, you'll go where they tell you.

It's not just the liberals anymore...

elvisroy0000
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
to you gun controll nuts their are as many murders in England per capita as the us and no one including police are armed if guns were controlled no one would buy them tell me more about how no one can buy illegal drugs

bladimz
12-21-2012, 01:53 PM
to you gun controll nuts their are as many murders in England per capita as the us and no one including police are armed if guns were controlled no one would buy them tell me more about how no one can buy illegal drugs
England vs. the US? (http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/335-156/12554-58-murders-a-year-by-firearms-in-britain-8775-in-us)

58 Murders a Year by Firearms in Britain, 8,775 in US

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2010: 8,775

Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2011: 58
(equivalent to 290 US murders)

The international comparisons show conclusively that fewer gun owners per capita produce not only fewer murders by firearm, but fewer murders per capita overall. In the case of Britain, firearms murders are 30 times fewer than in the US per capita.
http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/335-156/12554-58-murders-a-year-by-firearms-in-britain-8775-in-usYou were saying...?

Deadwood
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM

don't count on that.

You are using rational thought when the insane do not follow such ideas....

If ape shit crazies knew all teachers were armed, how many would consider that a challenge.

One thing this video does not deal with is accuracy and stray bullets. having had some experience with hand guns it is not like the movies...one a moving person is a damn hard target to his and two, they will be firing back

The result" more dead people.

Blad, make note. I agree with you on this one one hundred per cent

nic34
12-21-2012, 03:11 PM
tell me more about how no one can buy illegal drugs

Sorry we can't. But you can go kill yourself with legal ones too if you like....