PDA

View Full Version : 7 Gazans said killed, over 1,000 hurt

Common
03-30-2018, 09:44 AM
7 Gazans said killed, over 1,000 hurt in clashes at massive border protest
Israeli army uses live fire, rubber bullets to keep back mobs of Palestinians who throw rocks, firebombs at troops during Hamas-led 'March of Return' protests

Seven Palestinians were killed and some 1,100 were wounded by Israeli tear gas, rubber bullets and live fire in the Gaza Strip on Friday, Palestinian sources said, as a series of massive protests along the security fence around the Hamas-controlled enclave intensified and turned violent.
The Israel Defense Forces estimated that 20,000 Palestinians were taking part in Hamas-encouraged “March of Return” demonstrations along the Gaza border, focused at six main protest sites where rioters threw firebombs and stones at troops and burned tires. Some estimates put the size of the protest at over 20,000.
Six Gazans were reported killed in escalating violence by the Hamas-run Gaza health ministry, hours after a Gaza man was killed at the border in disputed circumstances. Some 1,100 were injured as of 5 p.m., with most of the injuries being caused by rubber bullets and tear gas. A smaller number

https://www.timesofisrael.com/6-gazans-said-wounded-as-thousands-flock-to-border-to-protest/

Ransom
03-30-2018, 02:00 PM
I thought border walls didn't work?

MisterVeritis
03-30-2018, 02:15 PM
7 Gazans said killed, over 1,000 hurt in clashes at massive border protest

Israeli army uses live fire, rubber bullets to keep back mobs of Palestinians who throw rocks, firebombs at troops during Hamas-led 'March of Return' protests

Seven Palestinians were killed and some 1,100 were wounded by Israeli tear gas, rubber bullets and live fire in the Gaza Strip on Friday, Palestinian sources said, as a series of massive protests along the security fence around the Hamas-controlled enclave intensified and turned violent.

It sounds like a good start.

Common
03-30-2018, 02:24 PM
From what ive read this was an hamas instigated riot

MMC
03-30-2018, 02:39 PM
When will the Palestinians wake up and reject Hamas? How may Palestinian people must suffer damage all due to Hamas who tucks tail, runs and hides.

When will those people finally figure out that Hamas is nothing but a bunch of cowards.

Peter1469
03-30-2018, 04:55 PM
The demonstration was announced ahead of time. I posted about it.

Ransom
03-30-2018, 05:27 PM
I remember an awakening to my views on these Palestinian opposition movements. Arafat's death and they brought his helicopter in over Ramadi was it, I forget. His hometown. The people mobbed the city square and tried to touch his casket hovering over the masses. When the chopper was gone, the cameras showed the people returning to their 'homes' through rubble strewn streets. Arafat coming from France because the Palestinians had no hospital facilities for a sick and aging man. What is it that he brought these people was my question. I'm not Palestinian so I'll not judge, but what has this consistent and constant intifada done for your People or your children. Israel isn't going anywhere, a Palestinian State that recognizes the existing Jewish one an inevitability. Sit down and talk, quit throwing rocks. Just a thought.

Grokmaster
03-30-2018, 06:24 PM

Max Rockatansky
03-30-2018, 07:22 PM
I thought border walls didn't work?
Who said that? Of course walls work. They just have their limits. As this one proves, you need soldiers lining it to be most effective. How many soldiers would it take to many a 1900+ mile wall?

Max Rockatansky
03-30-2018, 07:24 PM
I remember an awakening to my views on these Palestinian opposition movements. Arafat's death and they brought his helicopter in over Ramadi was it, I forget. His hometown. The people mobbed the city square and tried to touch his casket hovering over the masses. When the chopper was gone, the cameras showed the people returning to their 'homes' through rubble strewn streets. Arafat coming from France because the Palestinians had no hospital facilities for a sick and aging man. What is it that he brought these people was my question. I'm not Palestinian so I'll not judge, but what has this consistent and constant intifada done for your People or your children. Israel isn't going anywhere, a Palestinian State that recognizes the existing Jewish one an inevitability. Sit down and talk, quit throwing rocks. Just a thought.
Nice thought, but all the smart and sane Palestinians left years ago. All that are left belong to a Death Cult. They won't stop until they are dead or Israel is destroyed. Which do you think will happen first?

Mister D
03-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Nice thought, but all the smart and sane Palestinians left years ago. All that are left belong to a Death Cult. They won't stop until they are dead or Israel is destroyed. Which do you think will happen first?
Max, you're significantly older than I am. What opinion did you have on Apartheid South Africa? I didn't have one because the regime was forced out of existence by the time I was in my early teens.

Max Rockatansky
03-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Max, you're significantly older than I am. What opinion did you have on Apartheid South Africa? I didn't have one because the regime was forced out of existence by the time I was in my early teens.
The Afrikaners boxed themselves in just like the Romans did with their high slave population. The situation was worse in South Africa because the whites were outnumbered 4 to 1. That is a losing ratio if the "4" are very pissed off at the "1".

Mister D
03-30-2018, 08:23 PM
The Afrikaners boxed themselves in just like the Romans did with their high slave population. The situation was worse in South Africa because the whites were outnumbered 4 to 1. That is a losing ratio if the "4" are very pissed off at the "1".

What I want to know is what you thought of their right to be there. Israel is perceived by many Arabs as a European colonial state.

Common
03-30-2018, 08:35 PM

I think the ratio is much higher now, If I remember correctly I read its 9 to 1

Peter1469
03-30-2018, 08:46 PM
What I want to know is what you thought of their right to be there. Israel is perceived by many Arabs as a European colonial state.
Look at the map above that shows how large Arab lands are and how tiny Israel is. Arab nations could easily take in the Palestinians, but then they would lose a political tool.

Mister D
03-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Look at the map above that shows how large Arab lands are and how tiny Israel is. Arab nations could easily take in the Palestinians, but then they would lose a political tool.
The size of Israel is irrelevant and asking other Arab nations to take in its former inhabitants doesn't exactly make a case against colonialism.

Peter1469
03-30-2018, 09:08 PM
The size of Israel is irrelevant and asking other Arab nations to take in its former inhabitants doesn't exactly make a case against colonialism.

Jews were expelled from many Arab states after 1948. I have zero sympathy for the Palestinians - a modern term. They are just Arab nomads stuck by politics.

Max Rockatansky
03-30-2018, 09:14 PM
What were they supposed to do after up to 400 years? Go "home"? They were home. The problem wasn't them being in South Africa, it was not resolving an issue in which they'd eventually lose. It's not the same for Israel.

Mister D
03-30-2018, 09:24 PM
What were they supposed to do after up to 400 years? Go "home"? They were home. The problem wasn't them being in South Africa, it was not resolving an issue in which they'd eventually lose. It's not the same for Israel.
So you supported the regime? Could you be clearer?

Mister D
03-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Jews were expelled from many Arab states after 1948. I have zero sympathy for the Palestinians - a modern term. They are just Arab nomads stuck by politics.

No Jews would have been expelled had a European colony not been planted in Palestine. In fact, the whole problem started because of a European solution to a European problem.

I don't think anyone is asking for your sympathy.

Peter1469
03-30-2018, 09:39 PM
No Jews would have been expelled had a European colony not been planted in Palestine. In fact, the whole problem started because of a European solution to a European problem.

I don't think anyone is asking for your sympathy.

I am happy to hear they are not wasting their time.

The land where Israel is is the Jewish homeland. The Arab nomads just passed through now and then.

Ethereal
03-30-2018, 09:40 PM

All this proves is how myopic it was to try and force the creation of a Jewish enclave right in the middle of a hornet's nest.

Common
03-31-2018, 05:22 AM
Death Toll is now 16 gazans dead and hundreds wounded

Israeli forces kill 16 Palestinians in Gaza border protests (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-protests/israeli-forces-kill-16-palestinians-in-gaza-border-protests-gaza-medics-idUSKBN1H60AV)https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-protests/israeli-forces-kill-16-palestinians-in-gaza-border-protests-gaza-medics-idUSKBN1H60AV

Peter1469
03-31-2018, 11:04 AM
It is going to get worse. Let's assume this is a typical protest. All it takes is a few agitators to cause deadly violence. I don't know Israeli procedure for protests, but when I was in the National Guard we trained for such events. Of course we had the troops on the line and they were trained to be professional and not pull a Kent State. But we had undercover Soldiers in the protest who would look for the agitators and point them out for snipers. We never had to use these procedures- people in Louisiana are too laid back to riot and cause mayhem. But that was our SOP.

Mister D
03-31-2018, 11:51 AM
I am happy to hear they are not wasting their time.

The land where Israel is is the Jewish homeland. The Arab nomads just passed through now and then.
They must have taken the scenic route. lol

Grokmaster
03-31-2018, 01:35 PM
All this proves is how myopic it was to try and force the creation of a Jewish enclave right in the middle of a hornet's nest.
They also created modern Jordan, Syria and Lebanon, as well as a country for who we now call the "Palestinians", whom along woth the rest of the arabs, chose to refuse it, and attack Israel, in 1948.

Fuck 'em.

It was NOT a "hornet's nest", until the arabs made it one, based on their envy/hatred of the Jews.

The " Palestinians' " land was taken by Jordan and Syria, not Israel.

Jerusalem is the City of the Jews.

Once again:

Max Rockatansky
03-31-2018, 06:58 PM
It is going to get worse. Let's assume this is a typical protest. All it takes is a few agitators to cause deadly violence. I don't know Israeli procedure for protests, but when I was in the National Guard we trained for such events. Of course we had the troops on the line and they were trained to be professional and not pull a Kent State. But we had undercover Soldiers in the protest who would look for the agitators and point them out for snipers. We never had to use these procedures- people in Louisiana are too laid back to riot and cause mayhem. But that was our SOP.Possibly. These things seem to go in cycles and then die out. Even though the Palestinians remaining in Gaza and the West Bank have devolved into a Death Cult, they don't seem to be getting as much support these days as in the past. Maybe because of the crackdown on terrorism, both physically and financially.

Peter1469
03-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Israel says it will expand response if Gaza clashes go on (https://apnews.com/fcb59618f063452c9c701aab8538dbe1/Israel-says-it-will-expand-response-if-Gaza-clashes-go-on)

They won't have a choice. They are hopelessly outnumbered- but by people that don't do war well. A war with the Arabs is more like crowd control.

Israel will target militant groups inside Gaza if violence along the territory’s border with Israel drags on, the chief military spokesman warned on Saturday, a day after 15 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire in the area’s deadliest violence in four years.

The violence significantly petered down Saturday as just small groups of Palestinians threw stones in several areas near the border fence, drawing Israeli fire that injured 25 people, the Gaza Health Ministry said.

Friday’s mass marches were largely led by Gaza’s ruling Hamas group and touted as the launch of a six-week-long protest campaign against a stifling decade-old blockade of the territory.

Protests are aiming to culminate in a large border march on May 15, the 70th anniversary of Israel founding. The date is mourned by Palestinians as their “nakba,“or catastrophe, when hundreds of thousands were uprooted in the 1948 Mideast war over Israel’s creation.

Chloe
03-31-2018, 09:58 PM
They also created modern Jordan, Syria and Lebanon, as well as a country for who we now call the "Palestinians", whom along woth the rest of the arabs, chose to refuse it, and attack Israel, in 1948.

Fuck 'em.

It was NOT a "hornet's nest", until the arabs made it one, based on their envy/hatred of the Jews.

The " Palestinians' " land was taken by Jordan and Syria, not Israel.

Jerusalem is the City of the Jews.

Once again:
As historically important that that city is, no city is worth centuries of never ending man-made war. Tradition holds that the land was promised, and so we (humans) can't force a divine promise into fruition. Having a city or having a region doesn't define me.

MisterVeritis
03-31-2018, 10:01 PM
Who said that? Of course walls work. They just have their limits. As this one proves, you need soldiers lining it to be most effective. How many soldiers would it take to many a 1900+ mile wall?
How many more would it take without the wall (note: the word genius is silent)?

Peter1469
03-31-2018, 10:20 PM
As historically important that that city is, no city is worth centuries of never ending man-made war. Tradition holds that the land was promised, and so we (humans) can't force a divine promise into fruition. Having a city or having a region doesn't define me.

It does, apparently, for the "Palestinians". And I use quotes, because there is no such thing. Their are nomadic Arabs trapped there by the Arab nations for political purposes.

Max Rockatansky
04-01-2018, 05:59 AM
Ummm...."man-made war" is redundant. :)

Promised or not, the city holds significant historical sites for all three of the Abrahamic religions. Even if you nuked it, the city would remain a monument for believers of all three religions.

Grokmaster
04-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Ummm...."man-made war" is redundant. :)

Promised or not, the city holds significant historical sites for all three of the Abrahamic religions. Even if you nuked it, the city would remain a monument for believers of all three religions.

Islam is not an "Abrahamic religion", despite their delusions otherwise. Jerusalem was BUILT by the Hebrews, three millennia before there ever was a muslim, and sacred to the Christians six centuries before mohammed was even born.

The muslims are interlopers there. They quite simply, HATE THE JEWS, because THEY LIKE TO PRETEND THAT THEY ARE THE "REAL JEWS". Their forefather, Ismael, was CAST OUT, because he could not get along with any other Hebrews, and settled on the east bank of the Nile, where he and is tribe were no longer with the Israelites.

Mohammed decided that Ismael was the good guy, instead of the outcast that he was, BECAUSE HE COULDN'T LIVE IN PEACE WITH ANYONE ELSE.

The muslims sure took that to heart, didn't they?

They then set about trying to annihilate the Jews, and to slaughter/enslave everyone else.

It is the entire basis of their madeup religion.

Mini Me
04-01-2018, 08:45 PM
WTF? The Arabs are for the Palestinians!It is Izrahell that opresses them!

Peter1469
04-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Now a Palestinian journalist was shot.

IDF denies deliberately targeting journalist killed in Gaza protest (https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-at-funeral-for-journalist-killed-covering-mass-gaza-protests/)
The IDF claims that they are investigating the killing. Which, in the past they have prosecuted their own, so we will see.

Murtaja was over 100 meters from the border, wearing a flak jacket marked “press” and holding his camera when he was shot in an exposed area just below the armpit, news agency reports said.

In a statement released later Saturday, the IDF said it did not deliberately target journalists and it was investigating the incident.
“For weeks we have been warning against coming close to the fence and calling on Gaza’s residents not to obey the orders of the terror group Hamas and refrain from terror activities and other violent acts against Israel,” the IDF said.

“Despite this, since last Friday the IDF has been dealing with tens of thousands of people approaching the fence, all instigated by Hamas.”

“In response IDF forces are acting under clear orders designed for these circumstances. The IDF does not deliberately target journalists. The circumstances in which the journalist was supposedly hit by IDF fire are not known and they are being investigated,” the army said.

Who fired the shot will be key. If it was someone on the line, he likely will be excused do to the situation- a wild mob attacking the wall. However, if it was a sniper, you can probably safety bet he knew the guy was a journalist (his vest was marked as such).

Grokmaster
04-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Maybe the "Gazans" (terrorists) should stop attacking Israel from the midst of crowds ,huh? And stop stashing their weaponry in schools, hospitals and orphanages, as the sickening cowards have done for years...as well as staging attacks from these vulnerable areas...

Peter1469
04-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Maybe the "Gazans" (terrorists) should stop attacking Israel from the midst of crowds ,huh? And stop stashing their weaponry in schools, hospitals and orphanages, as the sickening cowards have done for years...as well as staging attacks from these vulnerable areas...
Agree with that.

Mister D
04-07-2018, 04:14 PM
As disgusted as I am by Jewish hypocrisy I agree with that too. Militants have long used (often sympathetic) civilians as cover. The IDF shows remarkable restraint.

Peter1469
04-08-2018, 03:13 AM
WTF? The Arabs are for the Palestinians!It is Izrahell that opresses them!

Incorrect. Arab nations left the Palestinians stuck in Gaza and the West Bank to garner political points on the world stage. At this point they are pretty much fed up with the Palestinians.

roadmaster
04-08-2018, 04:11 AM
Incorrect. Arab nations left the Palestinians stuck in Gaza and the West Bank to garner political points on the world stage. At this point they are pretty much fed up with the Palestinians. Did you ever talk to them. Did you know it is common for them to spit up blood everyday. In fact a person here from there thought something was wrong with her when she came here. She went to the Dr. thinking she was sick because she no longer spit up blood every morning.

Peter1469
04-08-2018, 04:19 AM
Did you ever talk to them. Did you know it is common for them to spit up blood everyday. In fact a person here from there thought something was wrong with her when she came here. She went to the Dr. thinking she was sick because she no longer spit up blood every morning.
I have been in Gaza. Never saw people spitting up blood. Anyway, that isn't the topic. The term Palestinian is less historic and more marketing.

roadmaster
04-08-2018, 04:37 AM
I am just old enough to remember when Christians lived in the occupied territories and in 1977 they made it illegal to share the Bible and free speech where you could get 3 years in prison for doing so. In fact they called Christians a cancer in the area.