PDA

View Full Version : CAIN'S Momentum Continues.....

MMC
10-29-2011, 06:04 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/cain-momentum-continues-south-could-key-073822828.html

HOMEWOOD, Ala. (AP) — Herman Cain's rise in the polls appears to be no fluke.

Unlike some other Republican presidential contenders who have flamed out fast after auditioning as the conservative antidote to Mitt Romney, Cain is still riding high atop public opinion surveys.

He's carving out an unorthodox — and some say impossible — path to the White House, largely eschewing early voting states to focus heavily on the South — where tea party groups, social conservatives and evangelical voters that make up the backbone of his support hold sway. It's been weeks since Cain has set foot in Iowa or New Hampshire. Instead, he's barnstormed through Tennessee and Alabama, states that don't hold primaries until March.

Block argues that next year's compressed primary calendar means more states will play larger roles. So instead of tromping around New Hampshire trying to win over skeptics, the campaign team is revving up support in states where Cain's small government, anti-tax message and church revival-style delivery resonate with voters.

And in the South, some Cain supporters say that supporting an African-American could turn long-held racial perceptions around. No Deep South states supported Barack Obama in 2008 and elected representatives in the state have become more racially polarized in recent years....snip~

For some reason he thinks he can win with just the South. He has to have more money than the media is saying. He has written books. Are they forgetting that. Again Perry thinks he can knock him out the game. I don't see how now. Cain has survived the Media Blitz unlike Perry. Cain is way more popular. He needs more than the South. But he is right about one thing. Why worry about Iowa and NH and their picky choosers. Leave them with no Choice but to decide between the Mormon Romney or Cain. :-\

Conley
10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
It may be that Romney has had a hand in pushing Cain as his top contender. He knows he will be easier to beat for the Republican nomination compared to a Perry who had a whole network in place. If you had to choose an opponent it'd make sense to go for someone who doesn't have a good chance in the early primaries. Cain will lose those to Romney and he'll have a hard time regaining momentum in the bigger states where he is strong now. If you're going to pick your competition a guy with no campaign offices in a lot of states is a good opponent to choose.

MMC
10-29-2011, 02:51 PM
It may be that Romney has had a hand in pushing Cain as his top contender. He knows he will be easier to beat for the Republican nomination compared to a Perry who had a whole network in place. If you had to choose an opponent it'd make sense to go for someone who doesn't have a good chance in the early primaries. Cain will lose those to Romney and he'll have a hard time regaining momentum in the bigger states where he is strong now. If you're going to pick your competition a guy with no campaign offices in a lot of states is a good opponent to choose.

I don't think Perry had a whole network in place either. Not to mention Perry's wife was the one pushing him to run. I don't think Romney was even prepared for Cain making it to Center Stage. plus Cain as buisnessman is seen more as your average citizen buisness owner. Unlike Romney who is Corporate thru and thru.

Cruel
10-29-2011, 04:43 PM

I've notice in the debates that Romney seems to like Cain and also remember that Cain said in response to the VP question that they were all asked, that if Romney would go along with his 999 plan that he would be alright with having Romney as his VP and he also said he had a high degree of respect for Gingrich and that it would be fine with him to have Gingrich as his VP also. If Romney does become President, I would not be surprised if Romney offered Cain a top economic leadership position in his administration.

Conley
10-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Ah, well that is very interesting. Thanks for the background Cruel, I haven't had a chance to see many of the debates but what you write make sense for both of them.