PDA

View Full Version : A debt crisis is on the Horizon

Peter1469
04-02-2018, 06:52 PM
A debt crisis is on the Horizon (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-debt-crisis-is-on-our-doorstep/2018/03/27/fd28318c-27d3-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html?utm_term=.5420e85c83e6)

We have covered this topic a lot in the past. Here is an article that goes into detail about the debt and how dangerous it is for the US.

President Trump’s recently released budget is a wake-up call. It projects that this year, a year of relatively strong economic growth, low unemployment and continued historically low interest rates, the deficit will reach $870 billion (https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/budget-fy2019.pdf), 30 percent greater than last year.

For years, economists have warned of major increases in future public debt burdens. That future is on our doorstep. From this point forward, even if economic growth continues uninterrupted, current tax and spending patterns imply that annual deficits will steadily increase, approaching the $1 trillion mark in two years and steadily rising thereafter as far as the eye can see.

Unless Congress acts to reduce federal budget deficits, the outstanding public debt will reach $20 trillion a scant five years from now, up from its current level of $15 trillion. That amounts to almost a quarter of million dollars for a family of four, more than twice the median household wealth (https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/2017-September-changes-in-us-family-finances-from-2013-to-2016.htm).

This string of perpetually rising trillion-dollar-plus deficits is unprecedented in U.S. history.

In recent months, we have seen an inevitable rise in interest rates (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=US10Y) from their low levels of recent years. Rising interest rates and increasing deficits threaten to build upon each other to send public debt spiraling upward even faster. When treasury debt holders start to doubt our government’s ability to repay, or to attract future lenders, they will demand higher interest rates to compensate for the risk. If current spending and tax policy continue unaltered, higher interest costs will have to be financed by even more debt. More borrowing puts more upward pressure on interest rates, and the spiral continues.

If, for example, interest rates were to rise to 5 percent, instead of the Trump administration’s prediction of just under 3.5 percent, the interest cost alone on the projected $20 trillion of public debt would total $1 trillion per year. More than half of all personal income taxes would be needed to pay bondholders. Such high interest payments would crowd out financing of needed expenditures to restore our depleted national defense budget, our domestic infrastructure and other critical government activities.

Scerab
04-02-2018, 08:36 PM
We are indeed in a precarious situation. The republican terrorist organization only cares about catering to the rich. Thanks to the tax scam ($1.5 trillion), omnibus tragedy ($1.3 trillion) and other spending measures by the republican terrorist organization (amounting to a trillion/year deficit), this bigot-in-chief will out do bush little’s /SPIT/ two term debt in only one...

let’s cut taxes on the rich while our public schools lack the most basic necessities, like books...
lets cut taxes on the rich while more and more citizens of the United States of lobbyists become homeless
let’s cut taxes on the rich and hope they will be kind enough to hire one or two more employees
lets cut taxes on the rich while more American kids starve and freeze to death, and let’s cut heating and food assistance on them too....

afterall the rich are entitled but the poor are NOT!

isn't that what the holy Murdoch and Sinclair networks of indoctrination teach us? And we must obey, less we end up in eternal fire!

Peter1469
04-02-2018, 08:44 PM
We are indeed in a precarious situation. The republican terrorist organization only cares about catering to the rich. Thanks to the tax scam ($1.5 trillion), omnibus tragedy ($1.3 trillion) and other spending measures by the republican terrorist organization (amounting to a trillion/year deficit), this bigot-in-chief will out do bush little’s /SPIT/ two term debt in only one...

let’s cut taxes on the rich while our public schools lack the most basic necessities, like books...
lets cut taxes on the rich while more and more citizens of the United States of lobbyists become homeless
let’s cut taxes on the rich and hope they will be kind enough to hire one or two more employees
lets cut taxes on the rich while more American kids starve and freeze to death, and let’s cut heating and food assistance on them too....

isn't that what the holy Murdoch and Sinclair networks of indoctrination teach us? And we must obey, less we end up in eternal fire!
I won't respond to most of this dross, but if there is a tax cut the people paying the taxes get the benefit. If the money from the tax cuts goes to people not paying much or any taxes you don't have a tax cut. You have redistribution of wealth.

Oh, and there is little difference between republicans and democrats outside of rhetoric.

Scerab
04-02-2018, 09:16 PM
I won't respond to most of this dross, but if there is a tax cut the people paying the taxes get the benefit. If the money from the tax cuts goes to people not paying much or any taxes you don't have a tax cut. You have redistribution of wealth.

Oh, and there is little difference between republicans and democrats outside of rhetoric.
Actually, my indoctrinated friend, taxes do just that... the government levies taxes on those with incomes above certain thresholds and spends on services for all, including those who don’t pay taxes.
The difference lies in the priorities of the entities in charge. The republican terrorist organization wants to cater to the rich, so they cut heating assistance, food assistance, educational funds and give generously to the rich. They also buy media outlets and that’s where your mindset comes in. Zombies flocking mindlessly towards whatever is on the screen.
“Lock her up” Flynn plead guilty... muller is at large... and Clinton is free...
“make America great again” sex scandals... investing in coal... debt and deficit... golf, golf and more golf...

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 09:17 PM
I believe it is too late to prevent the disaster.

Peter1469
04-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Actually, my indoctrinated friend, taxes do just that... the government levies taxes on those with incomes above certain thresholds and spends on services for all, including those who don’t pay taxes.
The difference lies in the priorities of the entities in charge. The republican terrorist organization wants to cater to the rich, so they cut heating assistance, food assistance, educational funds and give generously to the rich. They also buy media outlets and that’s where your mindset comes in. Zombies flocking mindlessly towards whatever is on the screen.
“Lock her up” Flynn plead guilty... muller is at large... and Clinton is free...
“make America great again” sex scandals... investing in coal... debt and deficit... golf, golf and more golf...
Now discuss tax cuts- you know, the topic.

Peter1469
04-02-2018, 09:21 PM
I believe it is too late to prevent the disaster.
Congress doesn't have the stomach to do what is needed to prevent a crash. So they will just keep spending and after the crash they would say "oh shit, didn't see that coming" and then they would crack down and cut everything.

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Congress doesn't have the stomach to do what is needed to prevent a crash. So they will just keep spending and after the crash they would say "oh shit, didn't see that coming" and then they would crack down and cut everything.
There will be nothing to "cut". When the crash comes it takes everyone's wealth with it.

Orion Rules
04-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Safe cities only it will be, just as Heaven is Earth will be also as is. That if Hellfire is not enough to make one repent, the Kingdom of O/\/, for the OCEANS.

If the Black Rhino had not gone extinct, neither would the White one. Is there anything sadder than the last to be seen is a Black rhino dead, who's C.N.N.

The most troublesome thing is that all of this death was warned of when *A*STAR*RIVER*RUNS*FREE* when it was expressly as is, given an impression.

That the elephants would not last, nor the tigers, that when animals are as mercilessly slaughtered as they have been disposed of as if the Gods won't win.

The slaughter of the horses of Horus has acted upon the direct involvement of ranchers, cattle rustlers, where wolves are not they who moved those dens.

Who so thinks that those most responsible for all the death everywhere do not eventually eat the sup of the cup of the LORD Jesus said there are heavens.

Let the opportunity be that whatsoever the scriptures says that now it involves the voices of those who have passed to the other side of there was leaven.

The redeemed may march up another step just to know how much they knew what was going to soon transpire in order to pass to the other side of Eden.

That Eden cannot be Earth as it turned into Hell for most people, animals included, that Hell has been what has been ruling planet Earth since their beginning.

They are but demons inhabiting the bodies of men, or female, call it what you want, that if a demon is evil it must pass itself a new plate beyond its singing.

The Levitical priests will have difficulty finding a single city they may find themselves comfortable to be sitting at just because of what he caused Net of Aten.

The /\r of Moab ba ba black sheep SOL/\R /\R OM the stars of Solomon could not compare what a single Bible says the truth of it says the rapture did begin.

Scerab
04-02-2018, 09:35 PM
There will be nothing to "cut". When the crash comes it takes everyone's wealth with it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

We have barely recovered from the Great Recession and an inexorable economic crisis is staring us in the face.

If the politicians cut too much, even during a crisis, they will be ousted from office.

Where will that leave us?
No one knows.

There are historical examples of how nations dealt with this kind of crisis. Romans ceded lands, Africa ceded slaves, others ceded natural resources... in this type of government, the mob must be placated or the politicians will know no rest...

Peter1469
04-02-2018, 09:36 PM

I mean then Congress will say no more Social Security, etc.

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 09:44 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

We have barely recovered from the Great Recession and an inexorable economic crisis is staring us in the face.

If the politicians cut too much, even during a crisis, they will be ousted from office.

Where will that leave us?
No one knows.

There are historical examples of how nations dealt with this kind of crisis. Romans ceded lands, Africa ceded slaves, others ceded natural resources... in this type of government, the mob must be placated or the politicians will know no rest...
You do know you are a kook, don't you?

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 09:45 PM
I mean then Congress will say no more Social Security, etc.
The dollar will become worthless. It matters little that the Congress does, or does not. I believe we have moved beyond the tipping point.

Peter1469
04-02-2018, 09:46 PM
The dollar will become worthless. It matters little that the Congress does, or does not. I believe we have moved beyond the tipping point.

I think so too.

Scerab
04-02-2018, 09:55 PM
You do know you are a kook, don't you?
Maybe to your generation...
but that is what happens when time passes you by...

yall better start buying 💴

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 09:57 PM
With time wisdom comes. Just not in every case.

I wouldn't worry about wisdom. Not everyone is ready for it.

Scerab
04-02-2018, 09:59 PM
With time wisdom comes. Just not in every case.

I wouldn't worry about wisdom. Not everyone is ready for it.
Wisdom to the predator is blood to the pray...

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Wisdom to the predator is blood to the pray...
At least learn to spell correctly. Prey, you buffoon.

MisterVeritis
04-02-2018, 10:11 PM

yall better start buying 
We are more prepared than you. This makes me smile.

Tahuyaman
04-02-2018, 10:43 PM

Heavy sigh......

Tahuyaman
04-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Wisdom to the predator is blood to the pray...I'll pray for you. I doubt that it will help.

Cthulhu
04-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Now discuss tax cuts- you know, the topic.Tax cuts are great for everybody.

But what Republicans never seem to do is lower spending accordingly.

Democrats loves taxes and spending. Both are equally stupid.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
04-09-2018, 02:41 PM
CBO Projections Will Show Trillion Dollar Deficits as Far as the Eye Can See (https://pjmedia.com/trending/cbo-projections-will-show-trillion-dollar-deficits-far-eye-can-see/)
We are trying to collapse our currency.

The Congressional Budget Office will release deficit projections for the next 10 years and, in case anyone is interested (and no one seems to be), it will show budget deficits in excess of 1 trillion dollars every year.

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth from some Republicans and Donald Trump will pretend he didn't sign a federal budget with hundreds of billions of dollars in increased spending. But we're about to enter an era where trillion dollar deficits are the new normal.

Read the rest at the link.