PDA

View Full Version : What Needs To Be Discussed Concerning Mass Shootings.

hanger4
12-19-2012, 08:28 AM
These are in no particular order.

(1) The media needs to stop giving publicity to these killers. The media shouldn't name the killers. I believe this would reduce a large motivation for the attacks. Eliminate their moment of "fame" as it were.

(2) Eliminate "gun-free zones". Since at least 1950, with one exception, all public shootings with three or more victims have all taken place in venues where guns were banned. The theater shooting, the Sikh Temple shooting, the school shootings, you go down the list and in each case, the gun-free zone is the place the killers chose.

I'm not saying everyone should be "packing heat", I'm just saying quite telling psycos "no heat allowed".

(3) We need to address the culture of violence generated by the media, all of it. From music to major movies and every thing in between.

(4) We need to address mental health and educational privacy laws, which instill fear of legal liability for reporting potentially violent mentally ill people to law enforcement.

(5) We need to address the sensitive civil liberties issue of civil commitment laws. We should review each and every law on the books, even state by state, and ask how does or how would this law affect events such as just occurred.

(6) We need to address via frank and honest assessments whether gun control, in the form of de-fact-o bans, really work. We need to look at places that have bans and ask why they aren't working or why they are working, both in and out of this great country of ours.

(7) or maybe (6a) We need to address what kind of society we wish to live in. Maybe impose the type of gun control which exists in a place like China, where guns deaths (assuming all are reported) are not just rare but damn near nonexistent.

Banning guns is unconstitutional at this time, but in a free society it would be no more effective than banning drugs, and truly would leave guns only in the hands of criminals.

Unfortunately our politicians to a man/woman will do nothing more than apply band-aids just to get them thru next election, but that's another story/thread.

Mainecoons
12-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Excellent post. Why does anyone with half a brain think that a government that bumbles and stumbles from one crisis to another, that has created the debacle called the "war on drugs" and the other debacle called the "war on poverty" is going to disarm a populace that when you get outside of the leftist heartland is armed to the teeth and fed up with that government?

Let 'em try.

Cigar
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576304_10151179649856275_1526685109_n.jpg

hanger4
12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576304_10151179649856275_1526685109_n.jpg

I'm assuming with this post you'd prefer a system/society that mirrors China ??

Are you willing give up all your freedom/privileges to eliminate these shooting ??

as opposed to looking toward other possible solutions ??

Frick, I don't why I even ask, your post is nothing more than "I guess I told him" BS.

You're not interested in meaningful dialog, just getting one over on somebody.

How pitiful an example of a leftist you are.

Cigar
12-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm assuming with this post you'd prefer a system/society that mirrors China ??

Are you willing give up all your freedom/privileges to eliminate these shooting ??

as opposed to looking toward other possible solutions ??

Frick, I don't why I even ask, your post is nothing more than "I guess I told him" BS.

You're not interested in meaningful dialog, just getting one over on somebody.

How pitiful an example of a leftist you are.

Have you flown over the last Decade?

hanger4
12-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Have you flown over the last Decade?

Seriously !!

Are you actually equating Chinese governmental oppression to airport security in the US ??

zelmo1234
12-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Like I said I will bite you get your assult weapons ban Great! It will not effect me as our govenment like to hire private contractos from time to time.

But it will effect hindreds of thousands of legal Gun owners, Are you going to take these guns frm them or not????

Next many of these people will give up their guns, but there are a lot of them that will not? So you still have to get these guns? What would be a good number for acceptable losses to dis arm the law abiding public.

GrumpyDog
12-20-2012, 01:55 AM
These are in no particular order.

(1) The media needs to stop giving publicity to these killers. The media shouldn't name the killers. I believe this would reduce a large motivation for the attacks. Eliminate their moment of "fame" as it were.

(2) Eliminate "gun-free zones". Since at least 1950, with one exception, all public shootings with three or more victims have all taken place in venues where guns were banned. The theater shooting, the Sikh Temple shooting, the school shootings, you go down the list and in each case, the gun-free zone is the place the killers chose.

I'm not saying everyone should be "packing heat", I'm just saying quite telling psycos "no heat allowed".

(3) We need to address the culture of violence generated by the media, all of it. From music to major movies and every thing in between.

(4) We need to address mental health and educational privacy laws, which instill fear of legal liability for reporting potentially violent mentally ill people to law enforcement.

(5) We need to address the sensitive civil liberties issue of civil commitment laws. We should review each and every law on the books, even state by state, and ask how does or how would this law affect events such as just occurred.

(6) We need to address via frank and honest assessments whether gun control, in the form of de-fact-o bans, really work. We need to look at places that have bans and ask why they aren't working or why they are working, both in and out of this great country of ours.

(7) or maybe (6a) We need to address what kind of society we wish to live in. Maybe impose the type of gun control which exists in a place like China, where guns deaths (assuming all are reported) are not just rare but damn near nonexistent.

Banning guns is unconstitutional at this time, but in a free society it would be no more effective than banning drugs, and truly would leave guns only in the hands of criminals.

Unfortunately our politicians to a man/woman will do nothing more than apply band-aids just to get them thru next election, but that's another story/thread.

Excellent and pragmatic suggestions. Well done sir!

waltky
03-11-2018, 09:04 PM
He's right, you know, and our leaders are too gutless to do anything about it...
:sad:
Michael Moore Blames All Americans for Mass Shootings: ‘It’s Just Simply Us,’ ‘Not Mental Illness,’ Video Games
March 9, 2018 | Liberal activist filmmaker producer Michael Moore declared Friday that being American is the cause of mass shootings in the country.

Moore took to Twitter to tell his “fellow Americans” that mental illness and violent video games aren’t the culprits – “it’s just simply us.” “Sorry, fellow Americans, it’s not mental illness & it’s not the video games. It’s just simply us.” “Every other country has mental illness & video games. 80 percent of mass shooters in US showed no interest in video games, researcher says.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/s3/files/styles/content_70p/s3/michaelmooretweetblamingamerica.png?itok=bwm91Kyq

As his proof, Moore tweeted a link to a CBSNews.com story quoting a psychologist claiming a statistic that only one in five mass shooters have an interest in video games - with no additional detail or documentation: “But psychologist Patrick Markey's research shows 80 percent of mass shooters did not show an interest in violent video games. "It seems like something that should make us safer so it's a totally understandable reaction," Markey said. "The problem is just the science, the data, does not back up that they actually have an effect."

The only other comment by Markey in the article is a claim that crime actually drops when a new video game comes out: “In fact, Markey said his work shows when a new violent game is released, crime actually drops.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/michael-moore-blames-all-americans-mass-shootings-its-simply-us-not-mental

Cthulhu
03-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Mandate blood test to identify what prescriptions and drugs are in their system. Evaluate accordingly.

You'd be surprised how many are on mental health drugs and mood stabilizers who have side effects of homicide...

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
03-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Mandate blood test to identify what prescriptions and drugs are in their system. Evaluate accordingly.

You'd be surprised how many are on mental health drugs and mood stabilizers who have side effects of homicide...

Sent from my evil cell phone.
Most if not all of the mass school shootings - mental health drugs were in play.