PDA

View Full Version : Deerfield Bans Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Face Steep Fines

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Deerfield Bans Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Face Steep Fines (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/04/03/deerfield-bans-semiautomatic-weapons/)

I am not exactly sure how this applies to semi-automatic pistols- the artilce is poorly written.

Gun owners in north suburban Deerfield now have just over two months to remove certain types of firearms from their home, or face stiff fines.

Village trustees voted unanimously in favor of a complete ban on semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns with certain features. The new ordinance also bans magazines containing more than 10 rounds of ammunition, CBS 2’s Jeremy Ross reports.

Both sides of the gun debate voiced their opinion at the board meeting.

“It is very heartening to know the village is standing at the forefront of something that is an imperative in front of our nation,” said resident Andrew Toban.

“There were a lot of emotional arguments and not a lot based on fact,” said Daniel Easterday. “Deerfield is a very crime free community, and I don’t see how this is going to make it any more crime free.”

They are not suppose to have records of gun purchases. If someone gets a cc license, that would give them a clue someone had a gun.

MisterVeritis
04-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Deerfield Bans Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Face Steep Fines (http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/04/03/deerfield-bans-semiautomatic-weapons/)

I am not exactly sure how this applies to semi-automatic pistols- the artilce is poorly written.
They are not suppose to have records of gun purchases. If someone gets a cc license, that would give them a clue someone had a gun.
The complete ban is unconstitutional on its face. This looks like a war declaration to me.

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 07:47 PM
The complete ban is unconstitutional on its face.

Someone needs to go to court to challenge the law and to seek a temporary restraining order preventing the fines from starting. Who could afford $1000 a day fine waiting to get to SCOTUS?

MisterVeritis
04-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Someone needs to go to court to challenge the law and to seek a temporary restraining order preventing the fines from starting. Who could afford $1000 a day fine waiting to get to SCOTUS?
Okay. This should not be necessary. It is harassment. Every person who voted for this need to be severely punished.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 07:53 PM
They don't have a right to do this. No one should comply. It's against our constitution while they harbor illegals.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 07:54 PM

It will be fun to see how that plays out over time. I'm guessing that in the short term, they'll be labeled unAmerican assholes seeking to impose an anti-American dictatorship on those living there.

Legally, I think those who live there now should and will be grandfathered.

Please send your comments here. I'm sure they'd love to hear from their fellow Americans. Maybe they'll ban the flag and force a "no religion" law too.:
https://www.deerfield.il.us/

https://www.deerfield.il.us/142/Contact

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 07:55 PM

They always threaten with jail time and fines. How do you think other countries citizens lost their gun rights. How many people are they willing to murder that refuses. Never give them an inch.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 07:58 PM
If people refuse to take a stand then don't wonder when they walk all over your rights. Only Congress can pass laws and not go against our constitution.

MisterVeritis
They always threaten with jail time and fines. How do you think other countries citizens lost their gun rights. How many people are they willing to murder that refuses. Never give them an inch.
Yep. The people who did this are wholly evil.

Peter1469

A TRO is the first legal step.

MisterVeritis
04-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Publish the names and home addresses of every one of the Village Trustees.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:00 PM
A TRO is the first legal step.
If they banned the Bible do you think I wouldn't still say what He said. People need to be bold and make a stand.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:00 PM
They use fear and we don't fear them.

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 08:02 PM
If they banned the Bible do you think I wouldn't still say what He said. People need to be bold and make a stand.

If they banned the bible and said $1000 a day fine for not turning yours over; seeking a TRO would be your first step. I suggest having a lawyer handle that for you. It will free you up to do whatever it is you want to do.

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 08:05 PM
And Florida:
South Florida cities sue state over right to regulate guns (https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/03/us/south-florida-cities-sue-state-over-gun-regulation/index.html)

Ten South Florida cities have filed a lawsuit challenging a law that gives the state of Florida the authority to regulate firearms and imposes strict penalties on local officials who pass their own gun laws.

In announcing the lawsuit Monday, the mayors of some of those cities said constituents demanded action after the February 14 massacre of 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland near Fort Lauderdale.

"We get phone calls every day, 'What are you going to do?' " MIramar Mayor Wayne Messam said at a news conference.

"This is about doing the right thing," Weston Mayor Daniel Stermer said. "If not now, when? If this tragedy wasn't enough in our own backyard, what has to happen to have something change?"

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:05 PM
If they banned the bible and said $1000 a day fine for not turning yours over; seeking a TRO would be your first step. I suggest having a lawyer handle that for you. It will free you up to do whatever it is you want to do.
I wouldn't get a Lawyer. I would keep doing what I have always done. I am not afraid of them.

MisterVeritis
04-03-2018, 08:06 PM
And Florida:
South Florida cities sue state over right to regulate guns (https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/03/us/south-florida-cities-sue-state-over-gun-regulation/index.html)

It is getting darned close to the time to start a rebellion.

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't get a Lawyer. I would keep doing what I have always done. I am not afraid of them.

I am sure there would be a huge class action, so that is OK.

Also I have a 100% belief that the TRO would be granted extremely quickly.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 08:07 PM
We're a litigious society, like it or not. At some point the lawyers have to handle the legal side to overturn rules like Deerfield impose.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:11 PM
We're a litigious society, like it or not. At some point the lawyers have to handle the legal side to overturn rules like Deerfield impose. There is nothing they can take away from me that matters more than God even my life. So those things don't work with us.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 08:15 PM
There is nothing they can take away from me that matters more than God even my life. So those things don't work with us.
There are a lot of religious people in jail. In fact, many find religion in prison. Perhaps it's God's will that you become a Prison Preacher.

DGUtley
04-03-2018, 08:19 PM
And Florida:

Ohio prohibited cities from regulating firearms any more than the state (I forget the specifics). The cities sued and the OHSC upheld the state’s prohibition.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:19 PM
There are a lot of religious people in jail. In fact, many find religion in prison. Perhaps it's God's will that you become a Prison Preacher.
You mean soul winner, women shouldn't be preachers. None of this worries me. In fact I hope I am alive during Tribulation. He doesn't put fear in us of this world. There is nothing they have that I want. I don't think many of you have met us.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 08:20 PM
You mean soul winner, women shouldn't be preachers. None of this worries me. In fact I hope I am alive during Tribulation. He doesn't put fear in us of this world. There is nothing they have that I want. I don't think many of you have met us.
I do not fear an all loving, all merciful and all knowing God. Why do you?

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:22 PM
I do not fear an all loving, all merciful and all knowing God. Why do you? I don't fear this world but if you are not saved you should fear His wrath.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 08:25 PM
I don't fear this world but if you are not saved you should fear His wrath.
Hence the difference between us; I believe God is all merciful and all loving, among other things, you do not.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Hence the difference between us; I believe God is all merciful and all loving, among other things, you do not. And I believe what He said.

But back on subject, people will either stand up and fight or they won't. It's called DO NOT COMPLY.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 08:30 PM
...But back on subject, people will either stand up and fight or they won't. It's called DO NOT COMPLY.
Correct, but what you fail to understand is that using lawyers to fight lawyers is another way of fighting. Not the only way and not just the way I fight, but an additional weapon in the arsenal.

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 08:33 PM
There will be a class action lawsuit and pretty much only the lawyers will be busy with it. The citizens can do what they wish in the meantime.

roadmaster
04-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Correct, but what you fail to understand is that using lawyers to fight lawyers is another way of fighting. Not the only way and not just the way I fight, but an additional weapon in the arsenal. God has the final word. They can pass all the laws they want. What if they passed a law that said you have to sacrifice a child every month, would you worry about fines. Or would you until a lawyer says you won or lost. All that district has to do is not comply and force them to do something.

stjames1_53
04-03-2018, 08:41 PM

now ya know why I don't have a ccw.................

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 08:41 PM
God has the final word. They can pass all the laws they want. What if they passed a law that said you have to sacrifice a child every month, would you worry about fines. Or would you until a lawyer says you won or lost. All that district has to do is not comply and force them to do something.
Of course. We all die. It's not whether or not we die, but how we live that's important. Isn't standing up for right and against wrong the mark of a righteous person? How can you sit down and refuse to fight an injustice then declare yourself to be a good Christian simply because you accept that God is waiting for all of us at the end of mortality?

stjames1_53
04-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Illinois wants so much to be like California. Ya see, that's why they want registration. Anyone who says that registration does not lead to confiscation is a damned liar

Dr. Who
04-03-2018, 08:50 PM

The definitions for the illegal semi-automatic weapons - see pages 4, 5 and 6 of the imbedded ordinance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/deerfield/news/ct-deerfield-assault-weapon-ordinance-document-20180403-htmlstory.html

Peter1469
04-03-2018, 08:58 PM
The definitions for the illegal semi-automatic weapons - see pages 4, 5 and 6 of the imbedded ordinance.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/deerfield/news/ct-deerfield-assault-weapon-ordinance-document-20180403-htmlstory.html
That answers my question about semi-auto pistols. Thanks.

Some of those definitions appear to have been written by people who don't know much about guns.

Dr. Who
04-03-2018, 09:02 PM
That answers my question about semi-auto pistols. Thanks.

Some of those definitions appear to have been written by people who don't know much about guns.
I think it probably boils down to weapons that can take high capacity mags or be somehow converted into something more "militaristic". The definitions would have been written by lawyers. Who advised them, is another story.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 09:05 PM
I think it probably boils down to weapons that can take high capacity mags or be somehow converted into something more "militaristic". The definitions would have been written by lawyers. Who advised them, is another story.
The Founders wanted the power to overthrow the government to remain with "We, the People".

The Constitution's Second Amendment doesn't give us the right of self-defense no more than the First Amendment gives us the right of free speech, freedom of assembly or freedom of religion.

stjames1_53
04-03-2018, 09:07 PM
The Founders wanted the power to overthrow the government to remain with "We, the People".

The Constitution's Second Amendment doesn't give us the right of self-defense no more than the First Amendment gives us the right of free speech, freedom of assembly or freedom of religion.

it is pointless to try and explain that to people who don't have Rights, but Privileges.................

The Xl
04-03-2018, 09:15 PM
The left wants to end the second amendment.

Max Rockatansky
04-03-2018, 09:18 PM
The left wants to end the second amendment.
Agreed. They believe the Constitution grants us our rights and falsely believe that by eliminating the Second Amendment they will eliminate our right to self-defense.

MisterVeritis
04-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Ohio prohibited cities from regulating firearms any more than the state (I forget the specifics). The cities sued and the OHSC upheld the state’s prohibition.
It should not be necessary.

Ethereal
04-03-2018, 09:21 PM
It's a bad policy, but the decision was made at the proper level of government: Local. That said, Illinois law might be used to preempt this local law, since those kinds of firearms are still legal under Illinois law. Illinois is one of the few States where you have to get the State government's permission to purchase or own a firearm (FOID card), so if someone has such a card, then that means the State has authorized them to own semiautomatic firearms. This local law basically implies that it has the authority to revoke that State-granted privilege.

MisterVeritis
04-03-2018, 09:26 PM

The right to keep and bear arms is just as much about self-defense as it is about protecting our states from an overbearing federal government. It is quite interesting to read the supreme court decisions. I also recommend a book along the lines of A User's Guide to the Second Amendment. It is a long read (about 15 chapters) and it appears to be a comprehensive view beginning before the Constitution and ending in the present. The Second is a promise the Federal government will not interfere with our rights.

Ethereal
04-03-2018, 09:26 PM
In order to legally own a firearm in Illinois, you need a Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) issued from the State. So all legal firearm owners in Illinois are technically on record, even if they don't have a CC license. That said, I highly doubt the Deerfield government has access to FOID or CC records.

Ethereal
04-03-2018, 09:30 PM
The complete ban is unconstitutional on its face.

In letter perhaps, but not in spirit.

This looks like a war declaration to me.

Why? Are you a resident of Deerfield or Illinois?

Ethereal
04-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Because Deerfield banned some guns? That's your threshold for a rebellion?

Ethereal
04-03-2018, 09:39 PM

And that's as it should be. Under the constitution, such regulation is clearly the purview of State and local governments. All powers not delegated are reserved to the States or to the people.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 08:45 AM
In letter perhaps, but not in spirit.
Why? Are you a resident of Deerfield or Illinois?
Shall not be infringed means something different to me, I suppose.

If this is allowed to stand then we will see a patchwork of towns with varying rules. It makes everyone a criminal. It is a badly written bad law.

I escaped from California. I would hate to see this anti-liberty sickness spread.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Because Deerfield banned some guns? That's your threshold for a rebellion?
It seems a reasonable threshold. If one waits too long one must fight with rocks and knives.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 08:47 AM
And that's as it should be. Under the constitution, such regulation is clearly the purview of State and local governments. All powers not delegated are reserved to the States or to the people.
The 14th Amendment incorporated the bill of rights. We can repeal the 14th.

DGUtley
04-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Read this opinion:

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca7/14-3091/14-3091-2015-04-27.html

https://cases.justia.com/federal/appellate-courts/ca7/14-3091/14-3091-2015-04-27.pdf?ts=1430164880

And Thomas' dissent when the SCOTUS refused to take it:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Read this opinion:
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca7/14-3091/14-3091-2015-04-27.html
https://cases.justia.com/federal/appellate-courts/ca7/14-3091/14-3091-2015-04-27.pdf?ts=1430164880

Yep. It is time for a rebellion. The Village Idiots need to be cleaned out and replaced.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Up to a point; the point being anything not limiting the Feds. Can a state pass a law restricting women from driving cars? If not, why not? Can a law be passed criminalizing sodomy? If not, why not? Same goes for those seeking to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Yep. It is time for a rebellion. The Village Idiots need to be cleaned out and replaced.
When are you planning your attack? Which "Village Idiots" do you plan to clean out via rebellion?

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 09:33 AM
When are you planning your attack? Which "Village Idiots" do you plan to clean out via rebellion?
I will offer financial support to the people who oppose them in their next election. The Village Idiots in the original story, of course. They call themselves the Village Trustees.

Village trustees voted unanimously in favor of a complete ban on semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns with certain features.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 09:37 AM
I will offer financial support to the people who oppose them in their next election. The Village Idiots in the original story, of course. They call themselves the Village Trustees.

Village trustees voted unanimously in favor of a complete ban on semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns with certain features.
Ahh, so not a rebellion, just an election campaign. Thanks for the clarification.

Still, I think the weak will vote for the illusion of security over freedom while the strong will vote for freedom over security.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Ahh, so not a rebellion, just an election campaign. Thanks for the clarification.
Still, I think the weak will vote for the illusion of security over freedom while the strong will vote for freedom over security.
It will have to be a real rebellion. Swapping out one leftist with another is not going to solve the problem.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 09:51 AM
It will have to be a real rebellion. Swapping out one leftist with another is not going to solve the problem.
Define "real rebellion" because my definition of a rebellion includes weapons, hanging politicians by their heels from street lights and a lot of burning buildings. Yours seems to be offering voters $5 to vote Republican.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Mussolini_e_Petacci_a_Piazzale_Loreto%2C_1945.jpg

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Define "real rebellion" because my definition of a rebellion includes weapons, hanging politicians by their heels from street lights and a lot of burning buildings. Yours seems to be offering voters $5 to vote Republican.

A real rebellion should change the government.

Deerfield appears to be an upper-middle-class suburb. I suspect it is largely white.

Your example tends to replace one group of tyrants with another group of tyrants. We have to do better.

An Artice V convention of State to propose amendments offers the chance of a real rebellion.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 10:16 AM

Deerfield appears to be an upper-middle-class suburb. I suspect it is largely white.

Your example tends to replace one group of tyrants with another group of tyrants. We have to do better.

An Artice V convention of State to propose amendments offers the chance of a real rebellion.
So, in Newspeak, "rebellion" means a strongly worded letter of protest and standing outside with a poster-board sign. Thanks.

http://funnynotslutty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Tea-Party-Express.jpg

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 11:19 AM
So, in Newspeak, "rebellion" means a strongly worded letter of protest and standing outside with a poster-board sign. Thanks.

It is okay if you are unable to pay attention. A real rebellion changes the government.

MMC
04-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Publish the names and home addresses of every one of the Village Trustees.

That is exactly what should be done. Also their Offices. Along with Local Radio and newspapers pointing out their end run around the Constitution. While mentioning this is what Democrats will do when given power.

MMC
04-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Street said the new law is modeled after one approved by Highland Park in 2013. That ban survived a legal challenge by one of the city’s residents and the Illinois State Rifle Association. The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals held that legislation constitutional and the U.S. Supreme Court let the decision stand when it declined to take up the appeal.

Unlike Highland Park, Deerfield opted not to enact a total ban on assault weapons during a 10-day window that Illinois lawmakers’ gave home-rule municipalities in 2013 before the state’s new Firearm Concealed Carry Act eliminated their ability to do so.

However, Deerfield trustees did enact an ordinance defining assault weapons and requiring the safe storage and safe transportation of those weapons within the village. That measure, which was enacted during the permitted time frame, preserved Deerfield's right to amend the ordinance in the future, Street previously said.

“This is not only held constitutional by the Seventh Circuit but similar laws have been ruled constitutional in California, the District of Columbia and Maryland,” Rose said last month.

Though the trustees had virtually no debate Monday night, more than 70 people attended the meeting. Of the 20 people who spoke, 14 were opposed to the ordinance and six supported it. Eight of 14 people who expressed opposition to the ban said they lived outside Deerfield.

Joel Siegel of Lincolnwood said governments in other countries have banned weapons and then proceeded to use weapons against defenseless citizens. He urged civil disobedience as a way to stay safe.

“There’s an ancient and honored American tradition called disobeying an unjust law,” Siegel said. “I have urged (people) to listen to their conscience and if so moved do not obey this law.”

Deerfield Mayor Harriet Rosenthal has previously stated that she decided to take up the ban after the Feb. 14 school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

“Enough is enough,” Rosenthal said when the ban was first discussed. “Those students are so articulate just like our students. There is no place here for assault weapons.”.....snip~

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/deerfield/news/ct-dfr-deerfield-assault-weapon-ban-tl-0412-story.html

Yes Harriet.....enough is enough. Time for you to be called out and then put out of Office.

Of course not having an Official debate with the suburbs residents. Will give the People a chance to go after these Democrats.

MMC
04-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Read this opinion:

There are still 8 or 10 states that have no preemption law stating that towns in the state cannot impose their own gun laws - Illinois is one of them.

But.....

Section 90. Preemption.
The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of handguns and ammunition for handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and functions of the State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion thereof, enacted on or before the effective date of this Act that purports to impose regulations or restrictions on licensees or handguns and ammunition for handguns in a manner inconsistent with this Act shall be invalid in its application to licensees under this Act on the effective date of this Act. This Section is a denial and limitation of home rule powers and functions under subsection (h) of Section 6 of Article VII of the Illinois Constitution. .....snip~

They wont be able to hold up anything with Handguns. Just the long guns.

MMC
04-04-2018, 01:18 PM

Would you say the attack begins with the publishing of their names. Their addresses to their homes and places of work? Then the names of their family members. As well as where they hang out?

Leaving them no safe place to hide.

Illinois Town Passes Draconian Gun Ban — Threatens Gun ... (http://qpolitical.com/deerfield-illinois-passes-assault-weapons-ban/)

[/URL]Deerfield, IL govt bans all "assault rifles" by amending a ... (http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2905267-deerfield-il-govt-bans-all-assault-2.html)
[url]www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2905267...
Deerfield, IL govt bans all "assault rifles" by amending a town gun-storage law ... kids in Deerfield Illinois ... Federal gun legislation press conference ...

MMC
04-04-2018, 01:27 PM

It is.....although there are quite a few Chicago Bears players and Chicago Bulls players that live there.

Mike Weisman, a Glen Ellyn resident and a board member of the Illinois State Rifle Association said Deerfield should be prepared for a lawsuit like the one filed against neighboring Highland Park.....snip~

Already in Process. Although like with Highland, Gun Control Activists will help with Deerfields Legal Defense.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Would you say the attack begins with the publishing of their names. Their addresses to their homes and places of work? Then the names of their family members. As well as where they hang out?

Leaving them no safe place to hide.

Illinois Town Passes Draconian Gun Ban — Threatens Gun ... (http://qpolitical.com/deerfield-illinois-passes-assault-weapons-ban/)

Deerfield, IL govt bans all "assault rifles" by amending a ... (http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2905267-deerfield-il-govt-bans-all-assault-2.html)

www.city-data.com (http://www.city-data.com)/forum/politics-other-controversies/2905267...
Deerfield, IL govt bans all "assault rifles" by amending a town gun-storage law ... kids in Deerfield Illinois ... Federal gun legislation press conference ...
That's not a rebellion, but it's certainly a good way to fight back.

MMC
04-04-2018, 02:06 PM

The Rebellion starts when those people wont give up their weapons, and tells the Town to stick it where the sun doesn't shine with their fines.

MisterVeritis
04-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Do you prefer revolution to rebellion?

We should always begin nonviolently. Eventually, all important issues will be decided by force.

MMC
04-04-2018, 02:25 PM

We should always begin nonviolently. Eventually, all important issues will be decided by force.

Indeed....and on that day you will see the majority of the leftness bail on their Democrats so that they may make it thru another day.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 07:37 PM

We should always begin nonviolently. Eventually, all important issues will be decided by force.Of course beginning nonviolently is best. My objection is against those spineless weasels who always pump up political actions by saying "we're declaring war on XXX" or "Let's rebel!!!" when all they are really talking about is pounding out posts on the Internet but typing with a lot of caps and exclamation points.

Max Rockatansky
04-04-2018, 07:39 PM
The Rebellion starts when those people wont give up their weapons, and tells the Town to stick it where the sun doesn't shine with their fines.
The rebellion starts when people risk getting arrested or shot.....then start shooting back.

Example 1 - Lexington and Concord.

Example 2 - Fort Sumter.

jimmyz
04-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Why no, I dont have any firearms officer. My lawyer is on my phone and would like to speak with you.

MMC
04-06-2018, 12:47 PM
[/URL]NRA joins fight against Deerfield’s weapons ban | WGN … (http://wgntv.com/2018/04/05/nra-joins-fight-against-deerfields-weapons-ban/)
wgntv.com/2018/04/05/nra-joins-fight-against-deerfields-weapons-ban

[URL="http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20180405/deerfield-bans-assault-weapons-gun-groups-says-theyll-fight-it"]Deerfield bans assault weapons. Gun groups says they'll ... (http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20180405/deerfield-bans-assault-weapons-gun-groups-says-theyll-fight-it)
Daily Herald · 16 hours ago
Apr 05, 2018 · The measure drew a swift criticism from the National Rifle Association and the gun rights group Guns Save ...
Deerfield's ban includes semi-automatic ...

The leftness should have known....it wouldn't be long before the NRA gets involved.

MisterVeritis
04-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Of course beginning nonviolently is best. My objection is against those spineless weasels who always pump up political actions by saying "we're declaring war on XXX" or "Let's rebel!!!" when all they are really talking about is pounding out posts on the Internet but typing with a lot of caps and exclamation points.
Can one have a successful rebellion without writers who explain it, justify it and move it forward?

MisterVeritis
04-06-2018, 12:52 PM
The rebellion starts when people risk getting arrested or shot.....then start shooting back.

Example 1 - Lexington and Concord.

Example 2 - Fort Sumter.
A successful rebellion begins long before the first physical confrontations.