PDA

View Full Version : When politcs becomes grotewsque greed - Obama fund raising

Deadwood
12-19-2012, 04:22 PM
How greedy is it to try to cash in on a tragedy?

The Obama team, elected with a $14 million dollar surplus in campaign funds is trying to capitalize on the Sandy Hook murders:

They won the campaign handily and even had $14.2 million to spare, but the Obama-Biden campaign is still raising money, this time off the president's comments about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings in Connecticut.
In email from chief campaign advisor David Axelrod that urges supporters to watch President Obama's moving address to the community of Newtown, Conn., there are two links that open a page with a video player featuring the president's speech and two donate buttons asking for $15-$1,000 for his campaign.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/team-obama-still-raising-money-off-sandy-hook-shootings/article/2516262#.UNIvaXeukYO

GrassrootsConservative
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
That's sickening. Sorry, the only word I can think of to express how it makes me feel, but I don't think it does justice.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Never let a tragedy go to waste.

Deadwood
12-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought the tears were really good acting.

Oscar material

Carygrant
12-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Seems like the extremist Republicans don't like the Obama campaign team after they made Mutt the Misfit's team look so pedestrian and time warped in the presidential election .
Meanwhile , the rest of the world sees that America's potential is being eroded by elderly White bigots , whose apparent badge is stuck on a fading sector besmirched in out of date and tacky right wing prejudices .
This chat site seems a popular nesting place for some of them .

zelmo1234
12-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Seems like the extremist Republicans don't like the Obama campaign team after they made Mutt the Misfit's team look so pedestrian and time warped in the presidential election .
Meanwhile , the rest of the world sees that America's potential is being eroded by elderly White bigots , whose apparent badge is stuck on a fading sector besmirched in out of date and tacky right wing prejudices .

I have no problem with Obama skin color, but nice use of the race card. I love it when libs don't like a conversation about policy the just call it racist.

But if you want to ahve a big boy discussion about his policies, then we can. I do not ahve a problem with anyone raising money to run for office if they can raise it, good for them. I do think that if they have money left over it should be donated to a charity of their choice? I think that we can all agree on that.

But if you really beleive that this President Policies are good for the country stay tuned, to the end of 2013,

You see there are many like myself out there that have to make very, very hard choices at the end of this year. I have 63 employee's and at that level, I can not sustain my business and the taxes, regulations, and insurance cost that Obmacare and the new tax rates would inflict on the Busniess.

I have great employee's the best that I have ever had frim top to bottom. But at the end of the year, 14 of them will loose their jobs because of these issue.

And if the President win the taxation issue, I either have to let more go or end the insurance program that we now have.

This of course will mean little to no growth and I wish I was the only business that had to make this choice. But thousands upon thousands of people are going to either loose there jobs or be demoted to part time. and Millions will loose there employer based insurance.

Democratic Senators are starting to see the light as they are getting these reports from the people in there states. I have talked personely with my own democratic Senator and she seems to understand that it is not a choice but a necessity, and she is very concerned not for the people but this may in fact be the demise of the democratic party. Reality is coming, and they can not keep the facts in the bag much longer. the poor and the middle classs are about to suffer a massive hit to there finances and employment, and it still has nothing to do with the President Skin Color.

Carygrant
12-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Because you are new here , I will tell you that I could not care a flying toss about labels as a method of button holing people . If I was obliged to look for self definition , I would tell you that I am a conservative through experience and disposition , and that I might nod to somebody who called me a progressive Conservative that lives in a totally interdependent world .
As such , I have nothing in common with American Republicanism which I actually find evil in nature , though I am happy to simply say on a daily basis that I find it a quaint distasteful school mainly run by bigoted , old , white men with little true understanding of external matters.
I don't think I made any use of Racism --- be it clever , nice or stupid .
Republicans failed to win immigrants ,( primarily Latinos) , Blacks , women and young people .
All that is left are elderly white males which this chat site suggests are riddled with prejudice , low intelligence and bigotry .

Cigar
12-20-2012, 08:00 AM
They are Bitter, Angry, Wiped and Heartbroken.

...and they got 4 years of bitching to get out of their system, before they get their ass kicked again in the next Presidential Election by a Woman or a Latino.

Ain't America Great :grin:

zelmo1234
12-20-2012, 08:36 PM

And just what raciest thing are these White doing toward Obama? I forgot.

Deadwood
12-20-2012, 08:49 PM
I have no problem with Obama skin color, but nice use of the race card. I love it when libs don't like a conversation about policy the just call it racist.

But if you want to ahve a big boy discussion about his policies, then we can. I do not ahve a problem with anyone raising money to run for office if they can raise it, good for them. I do think that if they have money left over it should be donated to a charity of their choice? I think that we can all agree on that.

But if you really beleive that this President Policies are good for the country stay tuned, to the end of 2013,

You see there are many like myself out there that have to make very, very hard choices at the end of this year. I have 63 employee's and at that level, I can not sustain my business and the taxes, regulations, and insurance cost that Obmacare and the new tax rates would inflict on the Busniess.

I have great employee's the best that I have ever had frim top to bottom. But at the end of the year, 14 of them will loose their jobs because of these issue.

And if the President win the taxation issue, I either have to let more go or end the insurance program that we now have.

This of course will mean little to no growth and I wish I was the only business that had to make this choice. But thousands upon thousands of people are going to either loose there jobs or be demoted to part time. and Millions will loose there employer based insurance.

Democratic Senators are starting to see the light as they are getting these reports from the people in there states. I have talked personely with my own democratic Senator and she seems to understand that it is not a choice but a necessity, and she is very concerned not for the people but this may in fact be the demise of the democratic party. Reality is coming, and they can not keep the facts in the bag much longer. the poor and the middle classs are about to suffer a massive hit to there finances and employment, and it still has nothing to do with the President Skin Color.

Having been an employer for about half my working life I know what that must feel like. When you create the position and hire the right person you also affect the lives of that person's family, their spouses and children.

I had to fire a guy who was simply making too many costly mistakes. When he 'lost' a $6,000 computer shipment that was the end. But he had only been married three months, had a kid on the way and it was a declining economy.

That was one of the hardest decisions In have ever made.

I do not relish you having to let go 14 people because a lazy misfit self involved sociopath arbitrarily picked a number out of his empty head.

bladimz
12-20-2012, 09:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that you aren't Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden and Red Lobster), but they've changed their tune after they saw it's net profits drop 37%, due to a number of reasons, one being their stance on Obamacare (http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-darden-earnings-obamacare-promotions-20121220,0,7539898.story):

Darden missteps, 'Obamacare' flap dent Olive Garden owner's profit

But Darden has faced other operating challenges as well.

This month the company publicly addressed speculation about how it would adjust to the so-called Obamacare national healthcare overhaul, promising not to slash hours for any of its 45,000 full-time employees.

The announcement came after the restaurant giant ran a controversial pilot program in which it hired more part-time workers to see if it could cut its healthcare costs once President Obama’s reforms are implemented in 2014.

Darden won’t be required to provide access to health coverage for its part-time workers, who constitute three-quarters of its 185,000 workforce.

But Otis said Thursday that the company’s actions were “misinterpreted” as “a stand against healthcare reform.”

“Because healthcare reform will remain a topic of much conversation over the next several months, it does contribute to our caution about performance for the remainder of the year,” he said.
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-darden-earnings-obamacare-promotions-20121220,0,7539898.story
No matter what you think of this particular policy, almost everyone agrees that something has needed to be done with our current health care system. Hillary attempted it in the 90's and was laughed at. How much longer can we allow our fellow americans to live their lives as Americans without even basic health care?

It's unfortunate that you feel you must let 14 employees go, even before the program goes into effect in November of 2013. Sign-ups don't start until then. I'm surprised that you can't find an alternative to your decision. Other companies have; there have been a number of them who announced lay-offs in the coming months due to Obamacare, who then reversed their decision because of the negative response to their original decision. A few have even admitted that their decision was more a political statement than a necessary business action.

Red Green
12-21-2012, 06:36 AM

And you EXTREME HATRED of America is not BIGOTRY?

Nope nothing HATEFUL and NARROW MINDED about that huh

In your mind its even justifed

Carygrant
12-21-2012, 07:40 AM
And just what raciest thing are these White doing toward Obama? I forgot.

Just keep reading the crazy white bigots here .
Then move . Quick .

Carygrant
12-21-2012, 07:43 AM
And you EXTREME HATRED of America is not BIGOTRY?

Nope nothing HATEFUL and NARROW MINDED about that huh

In your mind its even justifed

Use whatever description keeps you comfortable . Your problems are for your personal physician , not me .
Now let's try some facts and evidence based opinions before you get stuck in your Hilly Billy name calling ways .
There's a good chap .

Carygrant
12-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Having been an employer for about half my working life I know what that must feel like. When you create the position and hire the right person you also affect the lives of that person's family, their spouses and children.

I had to fire a guy who was simply making too many costly mistakes. When he 'lost' a $6,000 computer shipment that was the end. But he had only been married three months, had a kid on the way and it was a declining economy.
I do not relish you having to let go 14 people because a lazy misfit self involved sociopath arbitrarily picked a number out of his empty head.

Will you be crying again ?
It's over an hour since your last bout of crocodile tears .

zelmo1234
12-21-2012, 07:17 PM

Thank You it seems that people think that it is easy or just Greed, but I have to at least look out for the 49 and do the best that I can.

I still have hope that as it nears the Democrats will jump on board and get rid of this law. Not only is it going to hurt the economy, but it is going to cause many people to loose access to heathcare.

zelmo1234
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Will you be crying again ?
It's over an hour since your last bout of crocodile tears .

It is noce that you don't seem to care about all of the people that are going to have their lives turned upside down.

I can also guess that you have never had to let people go, expecially if they are qualified and doing well.

You can call yourself anything that you want, but your posts are full of spite and hate. And that in my experence is the attitude of someone that thinks the world has cheated them out of their fair share. They also ten to lack the ambition to actually achieve the lifestyle that the envy!

We have a President and Administration that has no idea how to create a job and how to create the enviroment for business to achieve and grow.

He seesm to think that this country can run up as much debt as it wants and there will never be any problems.

He may be a fine person, but he is no leader, and lacks the skills to bring people together in a common cause.

zelmo1234
12-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Just keep reading the crazy white bigots here .
Then move . Quick .

Now in the very next post after this, you ask for facts, not opinions. ??????????????????????

So what racist statements are you talking about? You seem to be a little low on proof yourself.

zelmo1234
12-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that you aren't Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden and Red Lobster), but they've changed their tune after they saw it's net profits drop 37%, due to a number of reasons, one being their stance on Obamacare (http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-darden-earnings-obamacare-promotions-20121220,0,7539898.story):
No matter what you think of this particular policy, almost everyone agrees that something has needed to be done with our current health care system. Hillary attempted it in the 90's and was laughed at. How much longer can we allow our fellow americans to live their lives as Americans without even basic health care?

It's unfortunate that you feel you must let 14 employees go, even before the program goes into effect in November of 2013. Sign-ups don't start until then. I'm surprised that you can't find an alternative to your decision. Other companies have; there have been a number of them who announced lay-offs in the coming months due to Obamacare, who then reversed their decision because of the negative response to their original decision. A few have even admitted that their decision was more a political statement than a necessary business action.

First I would guess that the Recession had a lot more to do with these chians loss in revenue, along with the high energy prices. This has taken much of the disposable income of the middle class which are the patrons of extablishments like this.

Next I wish there was a way to but we have a net after taxes revenue average over the past 5 year of a little over 500K I take about a third as income and invest 2/3's back into the business.

The level of Insurance that we would have to provide at 63 employee's would have an increas in cost of a little over 800K acording to 2 choices that I have in MI. As you can see this is not an option as I am not going to loose 300K to say that I own a business. So I have to layoff enough people to get below the number 50' because Obama says that is the number.

Even at that we will see an increase in insurance costs of nearly 250K because of the insurance companies having to pay for so many new proceedures and of course they ahve new taxes and regulations. Again I have to invest in my business to keep it growing, and I have no intentionof working for free!

Sorry I know that many think that would be a great Idea, for those that they call wealthy. We have discussed this with the employee's and brought them in on all of the meetings, as there is always a chance that they might find the answer, 63 heads are better than on if you will. I am also willing to pick up about half of the increase in insurance. And while it would be different for those that have families this leaves each and every employee with an additional insurance cost of $2550.00 per year. Now they average about 60K per year, so they are part of the 51% of the people that pay income tax, and most do not feel that they can get by on what would be left.

So the other alternative is to not offer insurance and pay my fine and their's, and this seems to be the road that they want to travel, I will leave it up to them. And this will still cost the company about 170 to 180K more than we are paying now.

The truth is that this bill will cause more people to not have access to basic healthcare, than before. And as for the poor that will now have insurance?

That's great right??? Maybe not. You see the law in the USA reads that you may not deny someone medical care based on their ability to pay? Now you have given the poor the ability to pay, and theat means if it is not life threatening, hospitals and Doctors do not have to accept your insurance.

the large city that I live near has 3 large hospitals, and only St Mary's is planning on on accepting the new insurance because of the pay rate outline in the plan, and this happens to be the one with the fewest beds. So did this help them??? most likely it did just the opposite.

But if you have any ideas, I would be more than happy to listen to them.