PDA

View Full Version : President Trump and Jeff Sessions

pjohns
04-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Once again, President Trump has taken a slap against his Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. And once again, it was for having recused himself from the Russia hearings, more than 13 months ago. It seems that this is a serious annoyance to the president, which he just cannot get over. And this begs the question: Why does he not either (1) fire Jeff Sessions--he has not been timid about firing others--or (2) leave him alone? Of course, there is another possibility: Jeff Sessions could simply resign; and it would be honorable for him to do so, I think, under the circumstances.

MisterVeritis
04-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Once again, President Trump has taken a slap against his Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. And once again, it was for having recused himself from the Russia hearings, more than 13 months ago. It seems that this is a serious annoyance to the president, which he just cannot get over. And this begs the question: Why does he not either (1) fire Jeff Sessions--he has not been timid about firing others--or (2) leave him alone? Of course, there is another possibility: Jeff Sessions could simply resign; and it would be honorable for him to do so, I think, under the circumstances.
The idiots in Congress will not give him a new pick. We would be stuck with Rosenstein.

Peter1469
04-09-2018, 07:42 PM
It does seem that Trump is very anti Sessions.

MisterVeritis
04-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Sessions stabbed Trump in the back.

I really liked Senator Sessions. I had his office number in my phone. I despise AG Sessions. He is weak. Pathetic. And seemingly treasonous.

Tahuyaman
04-10-2018, 12:26 AM

I some respects, Sessions has been quite zealous in supporting the Trump agenda.

It appears that he has allowed his justice department to basically run on auto pilot.

pjohns
04-10-2018, 10:43 AM
When I was working (which has been just over 13 years), I would simply not have tolerated my being demeaned by a superior. It would either have ceased--immediately, if not sooner!--or I would have walked.

And yes, I am entirely serious.

Tahuyaman
04-10-2018, 01:54 PM

This latest move by the NY attorney general in conjunction with Robert Mueller has nothing to do with the collusion meme. Sessions didn't recuse himself from all investigations. He absolutely should get involved in this aspect of the investigation and get it back on track.

Tahuyaman
04-10-2018, 01:55 PM
When I was working (which has been just over 13 years), I would simply not have tolerated my being demeaned by a superior. It would either have ceased--immediately, if not sooner!--or I would have walked.

And yes, I am entirely serious.

So what?