PDA

View Full Version : It Looks Like Clinton Knew: Benghazi

Deadwood
12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
No wonder she has a concussion....

Washington – A top State Department official acknowledged Thursday that cables warning of serious security concerns at the U.S. compound in Benghazi went to department headquarters – and possibly to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s office – in the months leading up to the deadly Sept. 11 attack.
Deputy Secretary of State Williams Burns, testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said the cables “would have been reviewed up through the assistant secretary level, and it may be that some of my colleagues on the seventh floor saw them as well.” The seventh floor refers to Clinton’s office.
Further, Burns confirmed “there were certainly memos” that came to Clinton’s office describing some of the dozens of security incidents in the region before the attack that claimed four American lives.
The confirmation Thursday comes after Fox News first reported in October (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/31/exclusive-us-memo-warned-libya-consulate-couldnt-withstand-coordinated-attack/) on one cable addressed to Clinton’s office said the U.S. Mission in Benghazi convened an “emergency meeting” less than a month before the attack because Al Qaeda had training camps in Benghazi and the consulate could not defend against a “coordinated attack.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/20/sen-kerry-says-ack-funding-to-blame-for-benghazi-attacks/?test=latestnews#ixzz2FduclKN5

patrickt
12-20-2012, 07:52 PM
If she actually hadn't known she wouldn't have had to have a concussion.

Adelaide
12-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure - maybe I respect Clinton too much to think clearly on the matter, but I have to think about this as I would a business. While a manager would be aware of everything they're told is important, that doesn't mean they're actually hearing everything important. People forget to forward on issues, people decide they can handle it themselves, people decide it's not important; there are many reasons and ways something could have gone to her office/department but not gone to her directly. That doesn't mean she didn't fail as a manager. If any of the above scenarios took place than she didn't hire people worthy of the position and/or failed to supervise their work to ensure quality and accuracy.