PDA

View Full Version : NorEaster

Mister D
10-29-2011, 10:03 AM
It's snowing here. It's not sticking because it's mostly rain but this is one early storm.

Conley
10-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Already? It's still October.

Hopefully you get a big storm Monday and don't have to deal with any fat children sticking their grubby paws out and demanding you give them candy. They're like vermin! >:D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Already? It's still October.

Hopefully you get a big storm Monday and don't have to deal with any fat children sticking their grubby paws out and demanding you give them candy. They're like vermin! >:D

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised myself! There goes my run. ::) I guess I'll lift weights.

I loved Halloween as a small child. I have no problem spending a few bucks on candy once a year. Besides, I get all the leftovers. ;D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I have to get my groceries too. ::) Oh well. BBL

Elibe
10-29-2011, 11:23 AM
halloween is great

i love seeing the kids dress up and handing out candy

i dont know anyone who doesnt like it

Mister D
10-29-2011, 12:13 PM
halloween is great

i love seeing the kids dress up and handing out candy

i dont know anyone who doesnt like it

I know some people who bitch and moan about it but I would not want to deprive children of the fun experiences I had growing up.

Conley
10-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I guess I'm just a party pooper. :D :D

Conley
10-29-2011, 12:16 PM
How do you handle the teens who show up with no costumes and want candy?

I usually give it to them but I'm tempted to tell them to go f off. Of course then you wake up to your car covered in shaving cream and toilet paper >:(

Mister D
10-29-2011, 12:17 PM

I usually give it to them but I'm tempted to tell them to go f off. Of course then you wake up to your car covered in shaving cream and toilet paper >:(

Mossberg tactical. 8) I've got the Arkansas toothpick for close quarters work in case I can only get a few shots off.

Conley
10-29-2011, 12:26 PM

Mossberg tactical. 8) I've got the Arkansas toothpick for close quarters work in case I can only get a few shots off.

:roflmao: Love it.

Conley
10-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow, I am seeing video of the snow in NY/NJ/PA with the college football games. It's really coming down!

Mister D
10-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow, I am seeing video of the snow in NY/NJ/PA with the college football games. It's really coming down!

Sure is. The streets are slippery but the accumulation isn't serious because it rained so much earlier. Tomorrow is supposed to be 45 and sunny so this should all disappear.

Mister D
10-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I just fell in the snow. I thought it high time I took the AC unit out of the window (yeah, I know ::)) but I wound up on my back in the snow.

Conley
10-29-2011, 02:15 PM
AC strikes again! ;D :D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 02:24 PM

:o :o ;D

We can always email him if we get desperate enough. :D

MMC
10-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess I'm just a party pooper. :D :D

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1310206471076&id=04333767ded66e096cba2fc354a824b6&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jewishusedbooks.com%2fprodIma ges%2fsmall_pics%2520963%2520022.jpg

http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/evil6.gif

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:23 PM
It's supposed to dip into the 20s tonight. It's 10/29 for God's sake. :o ??? I haven't even put my heat on yet.

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:23 PM

:D I dare you...

well not really ;)

To his credit once he quit here he didn't come back. At least that's how I remember it, it was a long time ago.

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:24 PM
It's supposed to dip into the 20s tonight. It's 10/29 for God's sake. :o ??? I haven't even put my heat on yet.

:D Too bad you're not like Josh Hamilton with a line to The Man Upstairs ;D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:26 PM

:D I dare you...

well not really ;)

To his credit once he quit here he didn't come back. At least that's how I remember it, it was a long time ago.

True. When he was here he'd online 24/7. You'd almost always see his name on the logged in section. :D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:26 PM
For the record, he was a pretty nice guy once you got to know him. I was in email contact with him for a bit.

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I never had a problem with him personally. I think he was just unhinged and resorted to constant name calling anytime someone was remotely centrist much less right. I admit my memory is hazy. I enjoyed talking to him about beer and nature. :D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
I never had a problem with him personally. I think he was just unhinged and resorted to constant name calling anytime someone was remotely centrist much less right. I admit my memory is hazy. I enjoyed talking to him about beer and nature. :D

He hated Grumpy. :D He was just totally unreasonable at times.

MMC
10-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I use to have like 5k in Halloween decorations. Even had a carpenter make me a 6 foot coffin. Which was great to hold all the stuff. My ex kept it all and then gave half to her brother and half to her sister in a different part of the state.

Some suburbs give prizes for the best decorated houses. I won when my ex and I lived in So Chicago Heights. At the time i was renting a house that was turned into a apt. Upstirs and downstairs. It was half a block from the grade school. Corner house I block off a major street with traffic and one block from the dividing line between Chicago Heights and South Heights so another major street. I even had lights for the people who were living upstairs. The corner was a whole lot and all the little kids use to come down there to play.

Guy had made wooden decorations to stake in the ground and his wife painted them. We had mummies werewolves all kinds of nice decs to stake in the ground. Headstones for a grave yard. Pumpkin bags for leaves. I had hundreds and with other decs like withc bags and frankenstein bags. used a carhart and put a Jason out in the yard sitting in a chair. Course we had to tied him down with fishing line for the thieves. Plus I had my black lab back then.

The Star newspaper took pics and I won for the best house in the the Far South Suburbs. They gave us two Tickets to a Italion Restaraunt. It's Called Sanfrantello's.
It's one of the best pizza joints on the South Side of the City. But they had this restaurant which is in Glenwood Illinois. What they did was they took like 3 houses that were next to each other and attached them all. Created the restaraunt. It's a Sharp place. Glenwood is a South Suburb of Chicago.

I use to be into decorating for Halloween as you can do a lot more than with Christmas. Ever since my ex pulled that stunt on me I never decorated again. Now I tie off the Front porch so no one will be able to walk up. We also stake out a couple of signs Not home.

I like seeing all the kids get dressed up. The little kids. Course I always had to watch out with answering the door too. Specially with the gangbangers running around.

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:38 PM

He hated Grumpy. :D He was just totally unreasonable at times.

:D Grumpy was too at times. Yeah they had some wars. Not sure where the crazies have gone but they definitely haven't ended up here.

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Well except for She Who Must Be Medicated of course. >:D

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I use to have like 5k in Halloween decorations. Even had a carpenter make me a 6 foot coffin. Which was great to hold all the stuff. My ex kept it all and then gave half to her brother and half to her sister in a different part of the state.

Some suburbs give prizes for the best decorated houses. I won when my ex and I lived in So Chicago Heights. At the time i was renting a house that was turned into a apt. Upstirs and downstairs. It was half a block from the grade school. Corner house I block off a major street with traffic and one block from the dividing line between Chicago Heights and South Heights so another major street. I even had lights for the people who were living upstairs. The corner was a whole lot and all the little kids use to come down there to play.

Guy had made wooden decorations to stake in the ground and his wife painted them. We had mummies werewolves all kinds of nice decs to stake in the ground. Headstones for a grave yard. Pumpkin bags for leaves. I had hundreds and with other decs like withc bags and frankenstein bags. used a carhart and put a Jason out in the yard sitting in a chair. Course we had to tied him down with fishing line for the thieves. Plus I had my black lab back then.

The Star newspaper took pics and I won for the best house in the the Far South Suburbs. They gave us two Tickets to a Italion Restaraunt. It's Called Sanfrantello's.
It's one of the best pizza joints on the South Side of the City. But they had this restaurant which is in Glenwood Illinois. What they did was they took like 3 houses that were next to each other and attached them all. Created the restaraunt. It's a Sharp place. Glenwood is a South Suburb of Chicago.

I use to be into decorating for Halloween as you can do a lot more than with Christmas. Ever since my ex pulled that stunt on me I never decorated again. Now I tie off the Front porch so no one will be able to walk up. We also stake out a couple of signs Not home.

I like seeing all the kids get dressed up. The little kids. Course I always had to watch out with answering the door too. Specially with the gangbangers running around.

That's an awesome story. :)

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:41 PM

They all end up at Argue with Everyone but since that closed I'm not sure what they're doing. ;D At least She Who Must be Medicated isn't particularly aggressive.

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:43 PM

They all end up at Argue with Everyone but since that closed I'm not sure what they're doing. ;D At least She Who Must be Medicated isn't particularly aggressive.

Right AWE was the drain at the bottom of the tub. I enjoyed lurking there. :D

You may think that about SWMBM but obviously you haven't seen the voodoo doll she has of you :o

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:46 PM

Right AWE was the drain at the bottom of the tub. I enjoyed lurking there. :D

You may think that about SWMBM but obviously you haven't seen the voodoo doll she has of you :o

:D :o

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:47 PM
>:( Those are the kinds of posts that should not count in the contest :D

Mister D
10-29-2011, 03:48 PM
You haven't seen my collection of voodoo dolls! >:( O0 >:D

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:49 PM
That's how I got such a post advantage over you and MMC :D

I got three in a row in this thread before.

It also helps to break up your thoughts into separate posts.

Just sayin'

O0

Conley
10-29-2011, 03:52 PM

:D :D So that's what happened to former Packer fans Jimo and Grumps. :o

Mister D
10-29-2011, 06:07 PM

I'll break the hands on my Conley doll and then we'll see how many posts you wrack up. >:(

I put the heat on. It's 36 degrees outside. ::)

Conley
10-29-2011, 06:36 PM

I'll break the hands on my Conley doll and then we'll see how many posts you wrack up. >:(

I put the heat on. It's 36 degrees outside. ::)

:D Everyone saw this! If anything happens to me there are witnesses! :o

MMC
10-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Sorry about the delay in posting up. Just had a big blow out with my kid. Then the OL said something and it went off again. Then he ran outside and the argument moved there. Created a spectacle and I bet you can guess who showed up.

I consider it winter here now. Temps at night are in the low 30s and with wind chills under or around freezing. Days low 50 course with the wind not really. Course now all the Occupiers are saying they ready for the winter weather.

Conley
10-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Ugh, sorry to hear that man. I was really hoping he'd be more respectful after all that you have done for him. I started to write kid but then I remembered that while he is your kid, he's a grown man and he has to deal with consequences of his actions. You have been very good and very patient with him.

Mister D
10-29-2011, 06:54 PM
WTF? You've done all you can and more, MMC.

MMC
10-29-2011, 07:38 PM
All of it because he wants to go out and see his friends. It hasnt even been home a week. We let him run out with his step brother run errands. He is able to go over to the park and we told him he could have his friends come here. Figuring he can start this coming week to go looking for a job. Getting out there and taking some responsibility and getting on track for his life.

We are about to get hit with some freezing rain. So things will start getting slick round here. Only Two seasons here in Chicago. Winter and Construction.

MMC
10-30-2011, 01:47 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/early-snow-pelts-east-coast-cuts-power-2m-022806387.html

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jdzWRweXbA2Y1nWvned8Pg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9OTE2O2NyPTE7Y3c9MTM4MTtkeD0wO2 R5PTA7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9MTI3O3E9ODU7dz0xOTA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/da9d965561a00018fd0e6a7067000d1d.jpg http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SsoxucNFkXrkflkwPdDWCA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MTM0Mztjcj0xO2N3PTIwMzk7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTEyNjtxPTg1O3c9MTkw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/c8d16e705190fd18fc0e6a7067004c3d.jpg

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — An unusually early and powerful nor'easter dumped wet, heavy snow Saturday from the mid-Atlantic to New England, toppling leafy trees and power lines and knocking out electricity to more than 2 million homes and businesses.

Communities inland were getting hit hardest, especially western Massachusetts. Windsor, Mass., had received 26 inches by early Sunday, and nearby Plainfield saw 24½ inches, and Savoy received 24 inches. West Milford, N.J., about 45 miles northwest of New York City, had received 19 inches of snow by early Sunday. New York City's Central Park set a record for both the date and the month of October with 1.3 inches of snow.

More than 2.3 million customers lost power from Maryland north through Massachusetts, and utilities were bringing in crews from other states to help restore it. More than 700,000 residents in Connecticut, 600,000 in New Jersey and a half-million in Pennsylvania were without power. The totals included New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. By early Sunday, the storm had vacated Pennsylvania and was tracking northeast.

The storm disrupted travel along the Eastern Seaboard. Philadelphia International Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport all had hourslong delays Saturday. Amtrak suspended service between Philadelphia and Harrisburg, Pa., and commuter trains in Connecticut and New York were delayed or suspended because of downed trees and signal problems.

The storm came on a busy weekend for many, with trick-or-treaters going door-to-door in search of Halloween booty, hunting season opening in some states and a full slate of college and pro football scheduled.....snip~

D may have lost power. Wow its really coming down here. Wonder how the Occupiers are doing?

Conley
10-30-2011, 07:52 AM
:o D! It looked like on TV the worst was over and it was just causing problems because no one expected it. He said it didn't stick too much. We'll see if he's around today.

Conley
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
No sign of D today, I guess the snow may really have knocked him out! I am watching the Giants game from New Jersey and thing don't look bad there but I don't know how close he is to the Meadowlands. Maybe he doesn't have power?

Mister D
10-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Some branches came down in the town next us. I saw a bunch on my run. There was a wire down too. The cops have a few streets blocked off so there must have been multiple wires down last night.

MMC
10-30-2011, 01:07 PM
No sign of D today, I guess the snow may really have knocked him out! I am watching the Giants game from New Jersey and thing don't look bad there but I don't know how close he is to the Meadowlands. Maybe he doesn't have power?

We should be getting the scoops from him shortly.

Mister D
10-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Sunny and 45 now but the weather was terrible last night. I just stayed in.