PDA

View Full Version : New Joke Times Calls Tim Scott A Token

GrassrootsConservative
12-20-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/opinion/the-puzzle-of-black-republicans.html?_r=2&

WHEN Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina announced on Monday that she would name Representative Tim Scott (http://timscott.house.gov/) to the Senate, it seemed like another milestone for African-Americans. Mr. Scott will replace Senator Jim DeMint, who is leaving to run Heritage Foundation. He will be the first black senator from the South since Reconstruction; the first black Republican senator since 1979, when Edward W. Brooke (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/21/books/21broo.html) of Massachusetts retired; and, indeed, only the seventh African-American ever to serve in the chamber.
But this “first black” rhetoric tends to interpret African-American political successes — including that of President Obama — as part of a morality play that dramatizes “how far we have come.” It obscures the fact that modern black Republicans have been more tokens than signs of progress.
The cheerleading over racial symbolism plays to the Republicans’ desperate need to woo (or at least appear to woo) minority voters, who favored Mr. Obama over Mitt Romney by huge margins. Mrs. Haley — a daughter of Sikh immigrants from Punjab, India — is the first female and first nonwhite governor of South Carolina, the home to white supremacists like John C. Calhoun, Preston S. Brooks, Ben Tillman and Strom Thurmond.

Mr. Scott’s background is also striking: raised by a poor single mother, he defeated, with Tea Party backing, two white men in a 2010 Republican primary: a son of Thurmond (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/27/obituaries/27STROM.html) and a son of former Gov. Carroll A. Campbell Jr. (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/09/national/09campbell.html) But his politics, like those of the archconservative Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas, are utterly at odds with the preferences of most black Americans. Mr. Scott has been staunchly anti-tax, anti-union and anti-abortion.

More racially-charged Democrat bullshit. Why don't they just say it?:
Blacks shouldn't be allowed to be Republicans, because it blocks their agenda of calling Republicans racist.

pjohns
12-20-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/opinion/the-puzzle-of-black-republicans.html?_r=2&

More racially-charged Democrat bullshit. Why don't they just say it?:
Blacks shouldn't be allowed to be Republicans, because it blocks their agenda of calling Republicans racist.

This, truly, is at the heart of the matter.

To the progressive mindset, there is simply nothing more disgusting that a Republican (or a conservative) black person. The incendiary epithet, "Uncle Tom," is routinely applied to these people by the lockstep left.

And, as for a black person who is both a Republican and a conservative--well, that is doubly enraging...

Deadwood
12-20-2012, 10:45 PM
When an obscure hot shot from Chicago wins a Senate seat he is the messiah..

But a Republican is an "Uncle Tom"

Progressives are so, so predictable.

patrickt
12-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Progressives are predictable and racists. The only thing that trumps ideology is color. That's why they could brag the President Clinton was their "first" black President.

RightWingHomosexual
12-21-2012, 07:12 PM
"Token."

*Racist, liberal bigots.* The most vile, racist, utterly disgusting people in circulation today are American liberals, led by their sissified leader, the Black David Duke. Bigotry, anti-Semitism, graft, murder, rape and slaugher are the hallmarks of their religion.

patrickt
12-22-2012, 06:56 AM
The massas on the plantation were never tolerant of troublemakers and that's true today on the liberal plantation. The overseers don't shrink from violence to maintain proper discipline on the plantation.

patrickt
12-22-2012, 01:42 PM
And leading Democrat says of Obama, "In an attempt to explain the historic significance of Obama’s run for president, Biden described his then opponent in the Democratic primary as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” Not a good way to launch a bid for president."

No token there, right? Of course, Biden was wrong on bright and articulate but I give him the clean. Not bad for a token.

birddog
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Dimocratic racism sucks!

Adelaide
12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
It should be said that not all Democrats are going to agree with this - in fact, I'd say most. No one group is solely responsible for racism in America; not the Democrats, and not the Republicans. There are a minority in both groups that are racist, which is true of all groups.

birddog
12-23-2012, 08:30 PM
A greater percentage of dims are racists than are republicans, but there is racism in both partys.

Mister D
12-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Both parties are so large and incorporate so many disparate elements you would be hard pressed to find something unique to either.

Adelaide
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
A greater percentage of dims are racists than are republicans, but there is racism in both partys.

Are there statistics or some kind of study which prove this theory about Democrats?

birddog
12-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Are there statistics or some kind of study which prove this theory about Democrats?

I don't know, but it should be obvious to someone with an average amount of common sense and open-mindedness.

Adelaide
12-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't know, but it should be obvious to someone with an average amount of common sense and open-mindedness.

Or someone who is biased.

From the outside looking in, I don't think either party is better or worse in this regard. I think it's often used as a way to insult one party or the other and I dislike that a serious human issue is being used to make sweeping generalisations about [enter political party here].

Generalisations are rarely a sign of common sense or open-mindedness.

birddog
12-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Or someone who is biased.

From the outside looking in, I don't think either party is better or worse in this regard. I think it's often used as a way to insult one party or the other and I dislike that a serious human issue is being used to make sweeping generalisations about [enter political party here].

Generalisations are rarely a sign of common sense or open-mindedness.

I believe myself to be objective and totally correct. I believe you to be biased and wrong, although likely incapable of seeing it.

Captain Obvious
12-24-2012, 08:48 AM
I believe myself to be objective and totally correct. I believe you to be biased and wrong, although likely incapable of seeing it.

Well, that's good enough for me.

:facepalm:

Adelaide
12-24-2012, 02:45 PM

Yeppers.