PDA

View Full Version : Now here's one for consideration....

Docthehun
04-20-2018, 09:29 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/2e274d23-17f9-3985-86ab-acd0468d6a23/ss_trump%E2%80%99s-divorce-lawyer-says.html

DGUtley
04-20-2018, 09:36 AM
I think the self-preservation issue has to be taken very seriously.

Common
04-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Cohens lawyer announced his client may cooperate with the investigation because hes not made for Prison life

nathanbforrest45
04-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Before this is over anyone who has even heard of Donald Trump and is registered as a Republican will be under investigation.

gamewell45
04-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Amazing what people can and will do under pressure.

MMC
04-20-2018, 10:21 AM
LOL......Cohen has cooperated from the beginning. He is smarter than what the lefts Prosecution is, including Mueller.

Of course Trumps divorce attorney should have mentioned that he or those working at CNN. Would have the same problem if sent to prison.

Grokmaster
04-20-2018, 12:33 PM
More tabloid nonsense from CNN....

Grokmaster
04-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Before this is over anyone who has even heard of Donald Trump and is registered as a Republican will be under investigation.

Dr. Who
04-20-2018, 07:01 PM
I think that it's fairly safe to say that a lawyer who only has a handful of clients probably may have more to hide than most, especially since he currently specializes in tax advice, after starting out as a personal injury lawyer. He has called himself Trump’s “fix-it guy.” His net worth is estimated at between $10M and $100M.

The bulk of his net worth comes from investing in Trump properties and owning and/or co-owning a number New York taxicab companies with a Russian by the name of Evgeny Friedman. Furthermore, he appears to have a Ukrainian connection, having a number of investments there - both he and his brother are married to Ukrainian women and both doing business with their wives' fathers. For the last thirty years, he has been receiving investment capital from the Ukrainian and Russian emigre community. Cohen legally represented something called the Ukrainian Capital Growth Fund, he and two Ukrainian partners made failed investments in a gambling cruise business, and he tried to pitch US investors to fund a Ukrainian ethanol company controlled by an allegedly mob-connected oligarch, in which he and his brother own shares.

Eventually after purchasing a number of units in many of Trump's buildings, in the early 2000's he became treasurer of the board of Trump World Tower in New York, which is how he became acquainted with Donald Trump Jr. and eventually his father, when a group of unhappy Trump World Tower owners had taken control of the board and accused Trump of financial chicanery. That’s when Cohen stepped in to help out Trump and succeeded in regaining control of the board, orchestrating a coup that culminated in a standoff between his security detail and private guards hired by the disgruntled owners.

He was a Democratic party supporter until 2003, when he decided to run for NY City council on the GOP ticket. He lost.

He became a Trump employee in 2007, eventually serving as Trump's key confidant, with an office near the boss at Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue where has been known to legally intimidate anyone who crossed Trump or stood in his way.

It appears that has had business associations with people who got into legal trouble. His boss at his first law firm, a personal injury practice, pleaded guilty to bribery in an insurance scheme. His father-in-law, who once also owned taxi medallions, pleaded guilty to tax-related charges more than 20 years ago. Two of his partners in the taxi business have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and settlements for various violations.

Cohen, who raised something like $500,000 in campaign donations for Trump, is no longer enjoying the inner orbit of his planetary sphere. He's now on the outside looking in and a target. I suspect that he has much to fear from too much scrutiny into his business affairs and isn't interested in a vacation at Club Fed.

nathanbforrest45
04-21-2018, 06:31 AM
I went to see the Cirque Du Soleil last night in Knoxville. I wore my Donald Trump shirt I bought about 15 years ago along with a Donald Trump tie. I noticed two foreign looking gentleman following me around and taking notes. Maybe the cuff links were actually radio transmitters and President Donald Trump was broadcasting secrets to them and using me in collusion.

Should I worry about being called before a Grand Jury?