PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Majority Would Act Quickly on Guns, Dreamers, Infrastructure, Pelosi Says.

MMC
04-25-2018, 10:09 AM
If Democrats control the House in 2019 they would quickly schedule floor action on gun violence prevention, protections for “Dreamers” and infrastructure, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (https://www.rollcall.com/members?35&utm_source=memberLink?utm_source=memberLink) said Tuesday.

“When we win and we take over in January, some of the issues that will come up soon are the issues we are asking the speaker to take up now,” Pelosi said, naming those three issues.

Speaking during a town hall event with students at Georgetown University, the California Democrat several times used phrasing that suggests she’s not thinking about “if” Democrats retake the House but “when.“

“We will have a pro-choice gavel when we win the Congress,” Pelosi said in response to a student’s question about whether Democrats have a litmus test for candidates on issues like abortion rights.

Part of that debate for Pelosi has been about messaging against the Republican tax overhaul.

When a student who said the law has provided savings for his family and his parents as small business owners asked if she still stood by her comment equating the tax benefits to “crumbs,” she said she did.

“Yes, there are some benefits that some are feeling in a particular way with the tax bill,” Pelosi said. “My statement was really a fuller statement was that while they provide a banquet for the top 1 percent, they are giving some crumbs to other people.”

“Why I say that is here’s a tax bill they advertise as a benefit to the middle class,” but 80 percent of benefits go to top 1 percent, Pelosi said.....snip~

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/democratic-majority-act-quickly-guns-dreamers-infrastructure-pelosi-says

Ah Pelosi the gift that keeps on giving. Still once again she gets away with uttering whatever out of her mouth. People on the Right and Independents should show up at those Demo events, and make sure they are taken to task and put on display. What say ye?

Common
04-25-2018, 10:58 AM
They would have to have a veto proof majority and none of it would get done while trump is potus. If the democrats win the house and senate, that increases the chance of trump winning re election or another republican.

I believe a democrat majority would continue to waste the countries time trying to impeach trump,

Tahuyaman
04-25-2018, 11:14 AM
Pelosi needs to get out there campaigning for Democrats as much as possible. Everyone in the country needs to listen to her address the issues and tell us the Democrat's plans.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2018, 11:16 AM
I believe a democrat majority would continue to waste the countries time trying to impeach trump,

They might, but that's not something they will use in their individual campaigns.

DGUtley
04-25-2018, 12:01 PM
They will overreach. It's what they do.

MMC
04-25-2018, 12:02 PM
They might, but that's not something they will use in their individual campaigns.
Yeah Rahm Emanuel is suggesting strongly that they don't do that, nor keep talking about Impeaching Trump.

Tahuyaman
04-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Yeah Rahm Emanuel is suggesting strongly that they don't do that, nor keep talking about Impeaching Trump.

They will attempt to muzzle Maxine Waters and that fringe element which has been pushing articles of impeachment.

MMC
04-25-2018, 12:33 PM
They will attempt to muzzle Maxine Waters and that fringe element which has been pushing articles of impeachment.

I don't think they will be able to muzzle Waters, she is one of Hillary's bestest of friends. Plus she has no problem playing the race card. Even against her own kind.

Captdon
04-25-2018, 12:53 PM
If Democrats control the House in 2019 they would quickly schedule floor action on gun violence prevention, protections for “Dreamers” and infrastructure, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (https://www.rollcall.com/members?35&utm_source=memberLink?utm_source=memberLink) said Tuesday.

“When we win and we take over in January, some of the issues that will come up soon are the issues we are asking the speaker to take up now,” Pelosi said, naming those three issues.

Speaking during a town hall event with students at Georgetown University, the California Democrat several times used phrasing that suggests she’s not thinking about “if” Democrats retake the House but “when.“

“We will have a pro-choice gavel when we win the Congress,” Pelosi said in response to a student’s question about whether Democrats have a litmus test for candidates on issues like abortion rights.

Part of that debate for Pelosi has been about messaging against the Republican tax overhaul.

When a student who said the law has provided savings for his family and his parents as small business owners asked if she still stood by her comment equating the tax benefits to “crumbs,” she said she did.

“Yes, there are some benefits that some are feeling in a particular way with the tax bill,” Pelosi said. “My statement was really a fuller statement was that while they provide a banquet for the top 1 percent, they are giving some crumbs to other people.”

“Why I say that is here’s a tax bill they advertise as a benefit to the middle class,” but 80 percent of benefits go to top 1 percent, Pelosi said.....snip~

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/democratic-majority-act-quickly-guns-dreamers-infrastructure-pelosi-says

Ah Pelosi the gift that keeps on giving. Still once again she gets away with uttering whatever out of her mouth. People on the Right and Independents should show up at those Demo events, and make sure they are taken to task and put on display. What say ye?

Since there is no chance of the Dems getting control of the Senate and no chance of getting past a Trump veto they are tilting at windmills.

MMC
04-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Since there is no chance of the Dems getting control of the Senate and no chance of getting past a Trump veto they are tilting at windmills.
Plus more and more people are tired of the negative coverage by the Lame Stream. More and more are seeing the Demos butt-hurt-itis over their Russian accusations.

Plus now the DNC filing a lawsuit against the Trump Campaign, WikiLeaks, and Russia. The Demos themselves must know nothing is going to come from the Mueller investigation.

Then to top it off with how the Demos are going to hold their victory celebration.

I think the Demos are going to be in for a big surprise, along with the Lame Stream. Then they will be running around and playing like Hillary, talking about.....What Happened.

donttread
04-26-2018, 03:56 PM

Don't worry. Campaign promisses rarely come true

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 12:39 PM
It looks like the Democrats plans of taking over the House of Reps and Senate might be dead.

MMC
05-04-2018, 03:58 PM
It looks like the Democrats plans of taking over the House of Reps and Senate might be dead.

Nah, Pelosi was out saying the Demos will win the House and she will be Speaker of the House again. I don't know why she thought she would be able to get anything done when they won't have the Senate and Trump will still be in the Presidency.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Nah, Pelosi was out saying the Demos will win the House and she will be Speaker of the House again. I don't know why she thought she would be able to get anything done when they won't have the Senate and Trump will still be in the Presidency.

There are now mainstream polls saying that the Republicans could possibly pick up 8 to 10 seats in the Senate. Polls are only credible with some if they mirror their views, but not lond ago Democrats were saying these same polls were pointing to a blue wave in November.

Can you imagine how hysterical the Democrats would be if the Republicans had over 60 seats in the senate? Then imagine what would happen if they grew a set and governed by conservative principles.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:13 PM
They would have to have a veto proof majority and none of it would get done while trump is potus. If the democrats win the house and senate, that increases the chance of trump winning re election or another republican.

Wouldn't take much time impeaching Trump. The reasons have been around for a year now. But I don't think Pelosi will be the chair.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:15 PM
One of the things which is hurting Democrats is the impeachment thing coming from some of the members of the congressional black caucus. That turns most people off. That is the proverbial preaching to the choir.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:15 PM
There are now mainstream polls saying that the Republicans could possibly pick up 8 to 10 seats in the Senate. Polls are only credible with some if they mirror their views, but not lond ago Democrats were saying these same polls were pointing to a blue wave in November.

Can you imagine how hysterical the Democrats would be if the Republicans had over 60 seats in the senate? Then imagine what would happen if they grew a set and governed by conservative principles.
Who's the mainstream poll showing republicans picking up seats? I think it's going to be an interesting midterm. Trump is losing his credibility with some of his base due to his lies . There are only 17% religious right in this nation. Those who back Trump are decreasing in number. If Trump were innocent, as some of his base wants to believe, he would let the investigation go on. Since he's not, he's losing support.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Wouldn't take much time impeaching Trump. The reasons have been around for a year now. But I don't think Pelosi will be the chair.

Go ahead and run on impeachment. That'll work.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:16 PM
One of the things which is hurting Democrats is the impeachment thing coming from some of the members of the congressional black caucus. That turns most people off. That is the proverbial preaching to the choir.
No, Trump is doing damage to some agencies which protect people from abuses by corporations. Impeachment, especially with a man who REFUSES to sanction Russia for what seem like nefarious reasons, is gaining in popularity. The white supremacists may not like it, but they are not the majority now, are they?

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:17 PM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30223/red-wave-poll-shows-republicans-could-pick-9-ben-shapiro (https://www.dailywire.com/news/30223/red-wave-poll-shows-republicans-could-pick-9-ben-shapiro)

According to new Morning Consult polls (https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/992003520546172928), Democrats are in serious trouble in Senate races across the country. Republicans have serious leads in West Virginia, where incumbent Democrat Joe Manchin trails by 14 points; North Dakota, where incumbent Democrat Heidi Heitkamp trails by 8; Indiana, where incumbent Democrat Joe Donnelly trails by 5; Missouri, where incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill trails by 5; Montana, where incumbent Democrat Jon Tester trails by 5; Florida, where incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson is locked in a near-deadlock with Rick Scott; and Pennsylvania and Ohio, where incumbent Democrats Bill Casey and Sherrod Brown are leading by less than two points each, plus Virginia, where Tim Kaine leads by just 3 on the generic ballot. In the best-case scenario for Republicans, then, they could win up to nine additional Senate seats.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Go ahead and run on impeachment. That'll work.

They won't run on impeachment. Why must you put words in people's mouths? is that the only way you can win a discussion?

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:21 PM
Clearly several Democrats who were once thought of as untouchable are now in trouble.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:23 PM

You just brought it up. How did I put words in your mouth?

The far left, the irrational left of the Democratic Party has been talking about impeachment since election night. They will not shut up.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Clearly several Democrats who were once thought of as untouchable are now in trouble.
I think the biggest movement now for the democratic party is the majority are going HARD left; coming up with social programs to help struggling Americans, raising wages, opening themarket to competition, regulating business in all areas like work safety and non pollution of waterways, infrastructure, the need for public education and higher education. Theclinton neoliberal democrats take corporate bribes and serve their corporate masters like the republicans. They have ignored their base and treated them like crap in much the same way the republicans have who refuse to address the needs for good jobs, housing, etc for their base. I fully expect the repubilcan party to start coming left, too, so that 98% of Americans are included in their pary; not just serving the upper 1% as both parties are doing now.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:26 PM
You just brought it up. How did I put words in your mouth?

The far left, the irrational left of the Democratic Party has been talking about impeachment since election night. They will not shut up.

I never said they would run on impeachment. YOU did. I said they would impeach him. Can you read ok?

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:26 PM
I think the biggest movement now for the democratic party is the majority are going HARD left;....

That's correct and that's a problem.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:27 PM
I never said they would run on impeachment. YOU did. I said they would impeach him. Can you read ok?

Uh.....Ok. I guess that made sense to you anyway.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:28 PM
That's correct and that's a problem.

Maybe for the party, but given the conditions of Americans, not for the country. We need to tax the rich and get programs together which help Americans who are being devastated by this income gap disparity. We also need educated Americans to compete in the world market.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Maybe for the party, but given the conditions of Americans, not for the country. We need to tax the rich and get programs together which help Americans who are being devastated by this income gap disparity. We also need educated Americans to compete in the world market.

The mainstream of the Democrat party is now being defined by fringe kooks like you. That's a problem for the Democrats, but keep it up. In fact double down on that leftward drift. It'll work just fine.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:43 PM
The mainstream of the Democrat party is now being defined by fringe kooks like you. That's a problem for the Democrats, but keep it up. In fact double down on that leftward drift. It'll work just fine.
I'm not a fringe kook. This nation has sold its money to the rich. They tax us and the rich get everything while not even providing health care, which is a right for a citizen, and livable wage jobs. There's nothing fringe about stopping poverty and raising our standard of living to that of the other 16 advanced nations.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:45 PM
If you're against this, move.

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:52 PM
I'm not a fringe kook. This nation has sold its money to the rich. They tax us and the rich get everything while not even providing health care, which is a right for a citizen, and livable wage jobs. There's nothing fringe about stopping poverty and raising our standard of living to that of the other 16 advanced nations.

To most normal people you are indeed a fringe kook. You may not be considered a fringe type in the modern Democrat party, but that's the problem.

Normal people don't want to be associated with your views and ideas. They are enjoying the benefits of a growing economy and expanding jobs market.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 04:53 PM
If you're against this, move.

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp

Kook stuff.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:57 PM
To most normal people you are indeed a fringe kook. You may not be considered a fringe type in the modern Democrat party, but that's the problem.

Normal people don't want to be associated with your views and ideas. They are enjoying the benefits of a growing economy and expanding jobs market.

You're wrong. The working class and the social program class went for Bernie and Trump. Trump lied about what he was going to do to help Americans, but they wanted his social programs and his creating jobs. You are the one who is in the minority. Not many people think the rich deserve it all while the rest are slipping into abject poverty.

Ethereal
To most normal people you are indeed a fringe kook.

You do not speak for "normal people". There is nothing "normal" about someone who posts 50 times a day at a forum where he is almost universally despised.

Bob the Slob
Kook stuff.

Won't open it. You chose the source. So, you aren't proving a defensible point at all.

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 04:58 PM
You do not speak for "normal people". There is nothing "normal" about someone who posts 50 times a day at a forum where he is almost universally despised.
Attacking more liberals, I see? Is this the trolling you report? Maybe I should report you. Yeah, I think I will. If you can't have a discussion with a modicum of intelligence, please put me on ignore. I dont' like reporting trolls. all the time.

Ethereal
05-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Attacking more liberals, I see? Is this the trolling you report? Maybe I should report you. Yeah, I think I will. If you can't have a discussion with a modicum of intelligence, please put me on ignore. I dont' like reporting trolls. all the time.

You realize I was defending you, right?

Bob the Slob
05-04-2018, 05:00 PM

Nope. I realize you jumped in and trolled...whomever it was for, it was trolling. So, if you cant' discuss, just put me on block.

Ethereal
05-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Nope. I realize you jumped in and trolled...whomever it was for, it was trolling. So, if you cant' discuss, just put me on block.
I was defending you. Go back and read what was said and to whom it was said.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Won't open it. You chose the source. So, you aren't proving a defensible point at all.

People in socialist nations which are going broke do not have a better quality of life as the average American.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 05:08 PM

Why are you here? Just to show your ass and troll?

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 05:09 PM

He might be way out there on the left wing fringe, but he still can recognize you for what you are.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 05:12 PM
You're wrong. The working class and the social program class went for Bernie and Trump. Trump lied about what he was going to do to help Americans, but they wanted his social programs and his creating jobs. You are the one who is in the minority. Not many people think the rich deserve it all while the rest are slipping into abject poverty.

If the Democrats had nominated Bernie Sanders, Trump would have won a landslide with the popular vote.

On a side note, the fact that you are able to identify Ethereal as a silly troll tells me that you might be salvageable.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2018, 05:59 PM

Start a thread in the appropriate forum titled "most despised member". Don't offer any dishonest editorial on your part. Just let people chime in. Do you think you could do that?

donttread
05-05-2018, 03:15 PM
People in socialist nations which are going broke do not have a better quality of life as the average American.

First, pure socialism, communism or capitalism do not exist. All major countries are hybrids including us.

Second , their is no denying the quality of life/ happiness/ standard of living are higher in other places some of which have a socialist bent.

Tahuyaman
05-05-2018, 03:20 PM
First, pure socialism, communism or capitalism do not exist. All major countries are hybrids including us.

Second , their is no denying the quality of life/ happiness/ standard of living are higher in other places some of which have a socialist bent.

If you want to live in Finland or Denmark, go ahead. You'll be back in the US within a year.

Have you ever lived anywhere else? I'm not just talking about a two week vacation.

The argument that pure socialism or communism has never existed is getting old. It has failed every time it's been tried in whatever form it's been tried.

It kind of reminds me of the old Get Smart line..... "Only in our country do we have pure and total Chaos".