PDA

View Full Version : Greed, Power and Corruption in the Mahoning Valley

DGUtley
04-26-2018, 06:50 AM
No matter how things change, they always remain the same. The Mahoning Valley used to be mob central -- halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Once, as a younger lawyer, I went over there to talk to an insured of an insurance company I represented. All the way over, the insurance rep was "No money, no way -- we're not paying anything." We get over there, meet these three goons who were the "insured" and the adjuster immediately caved. On the way back, I asked "Jeff, what happened to 'we're no paying anything"? He said: "It's not worth worrying about starting your car." I guess, it's not totally cleaned up? A retired Summit County Judge, Patricia Cosgrove, has been brought in to preside over this trial in the Mahoning Valley.

In his almost one-hour opening before the seven-woman, five-man jury, the Prosecutor, Daniel Kasaris painted a story of former Niles Mayor, Ralph Infante, lying on government forms, hiding gifts and money from bribes and other gambling income from authorities, in addition to lying to federal and state agents. “His nickname was the ‘Boss’ and he was running this operation for almost the entire 24 years he was in the mayor’s office,” Kasaris said about the man who was mayor of Niles from early 1992 to late 2016.

Infante, 63, faces 16 counts of tampering with records, two counts of gambling, two counts of operating a gambling house, seven counts of soliciting improper compensation, two counts of theft in office, eight counts of bribery and one count each of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, possessing criminal tools, having an unlawful interest in a public contract and falsification. He is accused of running a political profiteering racket and operating an illegal gambling business with sports betting and slot machines for decades out of his business, ITAM 39 in McKinley Heights.

Prosecutors Paint a Story of Greed, Power (https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJlbWFpbCI6ImR1dGxleUBjcnVnb GF3LmNvbSIsImJ1bGxldGluX2xpbmtfaWQiOiIxMTUiLCJzdWJ zY3JpYmVyX2lkIjoiNzM3MjAzNzMwIiwibGlua19pZCI6IjM2M jQ4NzYyMyIsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpkaWdlc3QiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHR wOi8vd3d3LnRyaWJ0b2RheS5jb20vbmV3cy9sb2NhbC1uZXdzL zIwMTgvMDQvcHJvc2VjdXRvcnMtcGFpbnQtYS1zdG9yeS1vZi1 ncmVlZC1wb3dlci8iLCJidWxsZXRpbl9pZCI6IjIwMTgwNDI1L jg4OTM4ODExIn0.JnEThs-400HbMeBlz6Wvh9LNRbJANF7oR_MnRJqN4sI)

stjames1_53
04-26-2018, 06:56 AM
........a democrat...............what else could you expect?
and his wife, she didn't know where all this money was coming from?
yeah, sure...............

Common
04-26-2018, 07:27 AM
Clear case of "ETHNIC PROFILING" italians are the most besieged of all ethnic groups and subjected to even more racism by law enforcement because of their ethnicity and being white. More Italians are falsely PROFILED annd accused and imprisoned by biased Police and Prosecutors, than any other group or race. !!!!ITALIAN LIVES MATTER!!!!.

DGUtley
04-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Clear case of "ETHNIC PROFILING" italians are the most besieged of all ethnic groups and subjected to even more racism by law enforcement because of their ethnicity and being white. More Italians are falsely PROFILED annd accused and imprisoned by biased Police and Prosecutors, than any other group or race. !!!!ITALIAN LIVES MATTER!!!!.

We Italians thank you for that PSA.

Mini Me
04-26-2018, 09:44 AM
How about Mexican hatred by Trumpsters?

That is the new bogeyman on the right!

stjames1_53
04-26-2018, 09:47 AM

who hates Mexicans? wow........................I like legal immigrants, and the illegal aliens are criminals.........you must be talking about something else

DGUtley
04-26-2018, 10:07 AM
How about Mexican hatred by Trumpsters? That is the new bogeyman on the right!

C'mon man. How about not trying to derail my thread? This is about corruption in the Mahoning Valley of Ohio. Common joked about them targeting Italians, presumably because that's what Jimmy Dimora falsely claimed that they were doing when they threw that Democrat in jail for 20 years. This had nothing to do with Trump or Mexicans.

Common
04-26-2018, 04:58 PM

I was making fun of the gangster making those allegations btw.

jimmyz
04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
I'll take the Italian Mob over groups like MS 13 any day. The Mob is at least ethical in their rules for killing. This ex mayor will be going to prison but I feel he is just a cog in that area's machine which surely continues at pace.

Mini Me
04-26-2018, 06:55 PM
C'mon man. How about not trying to derail my thread? This is about corruption in the Mahoning Valley of Ohio. @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2649) joked about them targeting Italians, presumably because that's what Jimmy Dimora falsely claimed that they were doing when they threw that Democrat in jail for 20 years. This had nothing to do with Trump or Mexicans.

Sorry! My good man!