PDA

View Full Version : It's an election year

Ransom
05-11-2018, 07:25 PM
There a blue wave comin?

Trump falling off? Not as influential?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_may11

Uh oh.

Common Sense
05-11-2018, 07:27 PM
The Dems certainly have fuckef up a golden opportunity.

It it will be interesting to see what actually happens.

Ransom
05-11-2018, 07:49 PM
The Dems certainly have $#@!ef up a golden opportunity.

I'll agree although probably not with you on why they've blown that opportunity. I believe Democrats have a chance to get a concrete piece of legislation on immigration done. One that included DACA and border security.....but couldn't give Trump a win. They had a chance to get a better health care package passed....but didn't want to work with Trump fearing Trump would take credit. They've much in infrastructure. Drug and medicine costs. Trump isn't a strict Repub, he'll work with Dims....they just cannot stand sight of the President, they truly despise this man. It's childish at times, seen in here daily.

It it will be interesting to see what actually happens.

Agreed. Saw another link the other day, I'll try to find it...the generic poll was close...hold on....it was on like an MSNBC site....

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/midterm-election-poll-shows-democrats-republicans-close-generic-ballot/

Here it is. I don't put much stock into polls, in fact little. They can give you some info however and Dims had like a 16 point lead just two months ago, Republicans clearly waking up. Now....historically, the first term for any President's midterm election doesn't go well. Bush's 2006 midterm a disaster. Clinton's 1994 midterm a similar disaster. Obama's 2010 midterm an historic ass kicking.

But if Dims don't do well......at least take the House......does leadership change. Do they stay on message. Do they.....alter their processes?

Tahuyaman
05-11-2018, 07:50 PM
The Democrats are mimicking the Republicans ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Ransom
05-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Historically, the Party in power takes a savage beating. If the Republicans don't....what happens next?

I mean if you're a Democrat, how do you leave Pelosi as Minority Leader or Schumer as Senate Minority Leader?

Wouldn't it be time to put your older sheep out to pasture? Bring in some new ewe?

Common Sense
05-11-2018, 07:55 PM
I'll agree although probably not with you on why they've blown that opportunity. I believe Democrats have a chance to get a concrete piece of legislation on immigration done. One that included DACA and border security.....but couldn't give Trump a win. They had a chance to get a better health care package passed....but didn't want to work with Trump fearing Trump would take credit. They've much in infrastructure. Drug and medicine costs. Trump isn't a strict Repub, he'll work with Dims....they just cannot stand sight of the President, they truly despise this man. It's childish at times, seen in here daily.

Agreed. Saw another link the other day, I'll try to find it...the generic poll was close...hold on....it was on like an MSNBC site....

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/midterm-election-poll-shows-democrats-republicans-close-generic-ballot/

Here it is. I don't put much stock into polls, in fact little. They can give you some info however and Dims had like a 16 point lead just two months ago, Republicans clearly waking up. Now....historically, the first term for any President's midterm election doesn't go well. Bush's 2006 midterm a disaster. Clinton's 1994 midterm a similar disaster. Obama's 2010 midterm an historic ass kicking.

But if Dims don't do well......at least take the House......does leadership change. Do they stay on message. Do they.....alter their processes?

The big mistakes the Dems have made was to not have a clear message and to not have a leader with a unified message.

Attacking Trumps policies was fine, but they should have also presented their own.

As an aside, I do find it funny that you claim they are childish while you call them "Dims". It's silly and no different than calling the Republicans "Rethugs".

Common Sense
05-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Historically, the Party in power takes a savage beating. If the Republicans don't....what happens next?

I mean if you're a Democrat, how do you leave Pelosi as Minority Leader or Schumer as Senate Minority Leader?

Wouldn't it be time to put your older sheep out to pasture? Bring in some new ewe?

They should have done that already.

I think the Republicans will face some loses, but not huge ones. They may loose the House, they may not.

MMC
05-11-2018, 07:58 PM
There a blue wave comin?

Trump falling off? Not as influential?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_may11

Uh oh.

Poll: Trump's Rust Belt approval ratings higher than ... (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-trumps-rust-belt-approval-ratings-higher-than-national-average/article/2633863)www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-trumps-rust-belt-approval-ratings...[/URL]
Poll: Trump's Rust Belt approval ratings higher than national average. ... Two other states that voted for Trump — Arizona and North Carolina — had slightly ...

New Polls in Swing States Show Where Trump ... - ijr.com (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Trump+polling+in+states+higher+than+natio nal+averages&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)https://ijr.com/2018/03/1073717-new-polls-trump-swing-states
Trump's approval rating in key swing states is far higher than his national average.

[URL="http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-approval-rating-higher-than-average-in-33-of-50-states/article/2629750"]Trump's approval rating higher than 'average' in 33 of … (https://www.bing.com/search?q=Trump+polling+in+states+higher+than+natio nal+averages&form=PRHPR1&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HRTS#)www.washingtonexaminer.com/trumps-approval-rating-higher-than...
Job approval ratings for President Trump are 50 percent or higher in 17 states, and above Real Clear President Trump Job Approval average of 39 percent in another 16 states, meaning that over two-thirds of the nation feels better about him than reported in national poll headlines.

Pelosi <<<<< Yep we gonna raise taxes.

Pelosi and Schumer <<<<< Obstruction and resistance.

Lame Stream media <<<<< finger on the scale, viewed as Demos propaganda machine.

Russian Collusion <<<<< country tired of the deceit by the Demos.

Mueller <<<<< Majority of the country see it as political partisanship.

Demos <<<<< Impeach Trump, No platform, doing nothing to better off people and the country.

Blue wave <<<<< the ripple in a puddle!

Ransom
05-11-2018, 08:18 PM
They should have done that already.

I think the Republicans will face some loses, but not huge ones. They may loose the House, they may not.

If they don't lose the House, in your opinion, what happens?

Jeb!
05-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Pelosi and Schumer are bad party leaders to have because they're in safe seats surrounded with few swing voters and are pressured to not make compromises. Schumer changed many of his positions after Trump won to appease the mob.

Common Sense
05-11-2018, 08:32 PM
If they don't lose the House, in your opinion, what happens?

They learn a hard lesson and hopefully they learn and adapt.

Grokmaster
05-12-2018, 03:23 AM

Didn't happen that way with the last GOP POTUS, and the entire media keeps failing to note it. GW Bush fared VERY WELL in the 2002 Midterms:
GOP makes gains in midterm elections, Nov. 5, 2002

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/gop-makes-gains-in-midterm-elections-nov-5-2002-215425

Pres.Trump will do even better....it's the same dynamic: patriotic positions vs anti-American ones....OPTIMISM vs PESSIMISM....only MORESO, and no war pending, but HISTORIC peace-making, instead....

MMC
05-12-2018, 06:27 AM

Why hopefully they learn and adapt? Why not hope for their end to come? Why not hope it ends their party? Why not hope that they can't divide the country in order to gain power? Why not hope for the best interests of the country that their party ceases to exist?

Ransom
05-12-2018, 06:32 AM

CS...that's an awfully broad statement. What does that look like....learn and adapt? Does Pelosi hang onto her Minority Leader status? Do they actually go and get a platform and policy rather than be all Trump all the time? Do they separate themselves from the media, do they have the reputation for being on the media's camp?

Can you elaborate, Sir?

Ransom
05-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Grok's point rings true, I do remember Bush's 2002 midterm elections. It was his 2006 midterm that went south. Historically speaking, the party in power gets thrashed. Happened to Obama and Clinton. Let's see what happens to Trumps midterm.

For myself, I cannot make predictions on elections. I've given up on what goes through most folk's minds when entering the voting booth. Issue voter. Feminist. School choice. Gun rights. Are you a media sheep, are you more savvy, are you a biz owner, are you on welfare?

Ransom
05-12-2018, 06:45 AM
Why hopefully they learn and adapt? Why not hope for their end to come? Why not hope it ends their party? Why not hope that they can't divide the country in order to gain power? Why not hope for the best interests of the country that their party ceases to exist?
I have been of the opinion that the Democrat Party has been slow to adapt or change process and it has cost them in elections. Many media hit on it when they weren't distracted with the Russian collusion façade, from Hillary's campaign focus to the DNC message, it was all about the Deplorable Donald Trump. Chris Matthews. Morning I'm whipped by my gal Joe, many media you can go back and watch mentioning that Hillary had no message. "I'm with Her" didn't cut it. No one knew what the Party stood for save for gay marriage, bathroom choice when the doors clearly say M and W.....earth shattering issues like that.

MMC
05-12-2018, 07:01 AM
I have been of the opinion that the Democrat Party has been slow to adapt or change process and it has cost them in elections. Many media hit on it when they weren't distracted with the Russian collusion façade, from Hillary's campaign focus to the DNC message, it was all about the Deplorable Donald Trump. Chris Matthews. Morning I'm whipped by my gal Joe, many media you can go back and watch mentioning that Hillary had no message. "I'm with Her" didn't cut it. No one knew what the Party stood for save for gay marriage, bathroom choice when the doors clearly say M and W.....earth shattering issues like that.

They didn't change anything up. What did they learn? Went Right back to their identity politics/being racist. Blamed all the woes on Repubs. Still into spending other peoples money. Their Cities they control still failing. Their DNC still going bankrupt. Still relying on the Lame Stream to help them out and ask no serious questions of them. Still want to raise taxes on people even in states where their own people are maxed out.

Still losing populations and jobs from the states they control. Still say they are for the middle class but have no problem giving middle class jobs to illegal immigrants. Still looking to get more people on welfare, food stamps, and still looking to control education.

The only thing they have going for them is the Lame Stream media doing all they can to dump on Trump and Repubs. Their Lame Stream and its polling.

Ransom
05-12-2018, 07:14 AM
We will see. I've been in conversations with friends and family who lean Left who have been explaining to me that if anything Trump has woken their Party, motivated voter turnout and registration. I cannot deny that reality. It certainly wouldn't have been their proposal for a Leader, Hillary couldn't motivate her Party, Bernie Sanders strong Primary showing proved that.

It hasn't been any one issue. Hasn't been a movement or anything with content or conviction. The entire reality of Democrats today proven by the Schumer flip flop on Iran as an example is anti-Trump. All about anti-Trump.

I remember thinking election night 2016. "Jeb Bush couldn't have done this. Did the man just win Wisconsin? Pennsylvania? What...Minnesota too close to call, the blue wall shattered, Humpty Dumpty's had a great fall. Rubio? Cruz? What other Republican Candidate could roll up political artillery from Florida, through Ohio, right over Michigan and Wisconsin, split the other way and take Pennsylvania?

Trump was a force and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, yes? The Dim Party is motivated by Trump as well. We shall see.

MMC
05-12-2018, 07:24 AM
We will see. I've been in conversations with friends and family who lean Left who have been explaining to me that if anything Trump has woken their Party, motivated voter turnout and registration. I cannot deny that reality. It certainly wouldn't have been their proposal for a Leader, Hillary couldn't motivate her Party, Bernie Sanders strong Primary showing proved that.

It hasn't been any one issue. Hasn't been a movement or anything with content or conviction. The entire reality of Democrats today proven by the Schumer flip flop on Iran as an example is anti-Trump. All about anti-Trump.

I remember thinking election night 2016. "Jeb Bush couldn't have done this. Did the man just win Wisconsin? Pennsylvania? What...Minnesota too close to call, the blue wall shattered, Humpty Dumpty's had a great fall. Rubio? Cruz? What other Republican Candidate could roll up political artillery from Florida, through Ohio, right over Michigan and Wisconsin, split the other way and take Pennsylvania?

Trump was a force and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, yes? The Dim Party is motivated by Trump as well. We shall see.

Politico and others are reporting that Trumps numbers are higher in states than National Averages. Lets hope the leftness doesn't listen and keeps on doing what they are doing.

'The Great Revolt' by Salena Zito and Brad Todd

The history of the American electorate is not a litany of flukes; instead it is a pattern of tectonic plate-grinding, punctuated by a landscape-altering earthquake every generation or so. Donald Trump's electoral coalition is smashing both American political parties and its previously impenetrable political news media. The political experts called the 2016 election wrong, and in the wake of the 2016 election surprise, the experts have continued to blow it - looking to predict the coming demise of the president without pausing to consider the durability of the trends and winds that swept him into office.

The Great Revolt delves deep into the minds and hearts of the voters that make up this coalition. What emerges is a group of citizens who cannot be described by terms like "angry", "male", "rural", or the often-used "racist". They span job descriptions, income brackets, education levels, and party allegiances. What unites them is their desire to be part of a movement larger than themselves that puts pragmatism before ideology, localism before globalism, and demands the respect it deserves from Washington.

Zito and Todd have traveled on over 27,000 miles of country roads to interview more than 300 Trump voters in 10 swing counties. What they have discovered is that these voters were hiding in plain sight - ignored by both parties, the media, and the political experts all at once, ready to unite into the movement that spawned the greatest upset in recent electoral history. Deeply rooted in the culture of these Midwestern swing states......snip~

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/20...brad-todd.html (http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/05/07/great-revolt-by-salena-zito-and-brad-todd.html)

Listen to the video.

Oh, and Texas showed the actual reality about turnout and registration. The Right came out to play and gave the leftness something to think about when talking shit.

Ransom
05-12-2018, 07:30 AM
I like your confidence MMC. I waver from time to time. My confidence in the American Way restored in 2016 but only to a degree. My prayers and local political work continues, we shall know soon.

Peter1469
05-12-2018, 07:35 AM
10 most vulnerable senators in 2018 (https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/six-months-10-vulnerable-senators-2018)

Roll Call lists the 10 most vulnerable senators- check it out.

MMC
05-12-2018, 07:43 AM
10 most vulnerable senators in 2018 (https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/six-months-10-vulnerable-senators-2018)

Yep, Repubs aren't worried about losing the Senate. Now with the backlash taking place with Mueller and Russian Collusion, Backlash to the Lame Stream and their 90 some percent negative coverage of Trump and the Repubs. Its all starting to build up just in time for the Mid Term.

The Demos think they will take the House. They have lost their advantage and that's with the Lame Stream's finger on the scale.

They are going to be in for a rude surprise. Their only hope now is the history of the mid term and hoping Trump has a Katrina moment.

MMC
05-12-2018, 08:35 AM
For Dems, 'blue wave' is now a trickle .....

The ballot on Tuesday left off the biggest winners: President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who stepped in to stand up for and against certain candidates.

Republican candidates who embraced President Trump and his "drain the swamp" message came out on top in key Senate and congressional races in West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana and North Carolina, setting the stage for a strong field of GOP candidates heading into the general election in November.

Learning lessons from the past, the GOP is now determined to field a strong team of candidates heading into November. If the party bolsters this resolve with a strong economy and significant presidential foreign policy advancements, the GOP will be on solid ground. The Democrats may still pick up some seats, but the anticipated Blue Wave will be more like an uphill battle......snip~

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/opinions/gop-wins-against-democrats-blue-wave-stewart-opinion/index.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/New_Smilies/2party.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/RHiD0K65NxxLO/giphy.gif

MisterVeritis
05-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Grok's point rings true, I do remember Bush's 2002 midterm elections. It was his 2006 midterm that went south. Historically speaking, the party in power gets thrashed. Happened to Obama and Clinton. Let's see what happens to Trumps midterm.

For myself, I cannot make predictions on elections. I've given up on what goes through most folk's minds when entering the voting booth. Issue voter. Feminist. School choice. Gun rights. Are you a media sheep, are you more savvy, are you a biz owner, are you on welfare?
I wonder if immigration will be the dividing issue? We are losing our country to an invasion aided and abetted by the Democrats mostly and by establishment Republicans. How do we fix this mess? We could elect more constitutional conservatives to both the House and the Senate. One does not find Constitutional conservatives in the democratic party. If you want Spanish to be the dominant language in the US then vote for Democrats. You will have more MS-13 gangs in your sanctuary communities. You will pay higher taxes to support the black and brown third worlders. You will lose your freedoms.

President Trump needs to make the midterm elections about President Trump.

Common
05-12-2018, 02:15 PM
The democrats will not get the senate I dont believe, right now and it could change they will pick up house seats but its up in the air whether it will be enough to take the house.

The dems chances of a rout have been greatly reduced by the never ending nothing but russia talk and their lack of performance in doing anything meaningful other than hate trump

Captdon
05-13-2018, 09:44 AM

If they lose the House they are in trouble as a party.The far left will take over and they can't win. As centrist as this country may or may not be they will vote right before allowing the far left take over.

Captdon
05-13-2018, 09:47 AM

There is no chance the Dems can win the Senate. None. They will end up with 4-5 seats less than they have now.

MMC
05-13-2018, 11:18 AM
I like your confidence MMC. I waver from time to time. My confidence in the American Way restored in 2016 but only to a degree. My prayers and local political work continues, we shall know soon.

I just started talked with the Repubs in Illinois. Brady is the head and is a moderate that kisses to much Demo ass around here. Joe Walsh and Dan Proft too. They heard what I had to say. Which pretty much comes out to. Lincoln is rolling over in his grave with the Demos controlling the Land of Lincoln.

We will see what we can do. I am all for going on the aggressive and with saying shit about these Demos. Pulling no punches so to speak. Its time for the Demos to learn. Repubs aren't going to play nicey nice with them anymore. At least not here in Illinois. Both Walsh and Proft are on the Radio. So shit is going to be heard.

MMC
05-13-2018, 11:24 AM
There is no chance the Dems can win the Senate. None. They will end up with 4-5 seats less than they have now.

What we need is like 10 of them to get knocked off. That will end their obstruction.